Why the hate for Cesc Fabregas?

+4
Donuts
BarcaLearning
Harmonica
The_Badger
8 posters

Go down

Why the hate for Cesc Fabregas? Empty Why the hate for Cesc Fabregas?

Post by The_Badger Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:24 pm

Seriously, he scores and creates goals, might have the odd off match, but is definitely one of the important players in Barca's squad, yet he's used as a scapegoat when things don't go right.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Why the hate for Cesc Fabregas? Empty Re: Why the hate for Cesc Fabregas?

Post by Harmonica Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:36 pm

He was good the first half of the season, like last season, but again his gas tanks seem empty for the second half. Don't know why. On grand scheme of things you could argue that he's still been Barca's third best player this season, which says a lot of the teams collective performance.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Directly contributed points La Liga 12-13 (G+A)

1. Messi 36
2. Fabregas 12
3. Villa 9
4. Alexis 7
5. Iniesta 5
5. Alba 5
5. Tello 5
8. Xavi 4
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Main reason is the difference he is compared with Messi in the big games. Cesc is a top footballer, and have done wonders vs the league sides and lower quality sides, but in most cases vs top oppositions, it just didnt work out, first he bunched up with Iniesta on the middle left, later just quite games with Messi in or out of the team.

Sanchez also similar I think.

Well I think its obvious, ppl ask questions why we are not on the level compared with the past few years, and compared with all front 3 firing back then (Pedro is not the same as he was back then too), and see the front 3 now, its mainly Messi thats scoring and making the difference in the big games.

So thats the reasons I think Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 01, 2013 8:41 am

I think he is a very good player but when he is played in Iniesta's role, but that being said I prefer Iniesta over him, so people dislike him for kinda not fitting in and being an unnecessary buy and kinda forcing Iniesta on the LW to make room for him.
Also like said above he plays well for half a season.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed May 01, 2013 8:45 am

Donuts wrote:I think he is a very good player but when he is played in Iniesta's role, but that being said I prefer Iniesta over him, so people dislike him for kinda not fitting in and being an unnecessary buy and kinda forcing Iniesta on the LW to make room for him.
Also like said above he plays well for half a season.
What is kind of interesting that Iniesta has actually had his best Liga campain.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 01, 2013 11:26 am

Because he doesn't fit the formation and gets benched in every big game.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed May 01, 2013 12:46 pm

futbol wrote:Because he doesn't fit the formation and gets benched in every big game.

Well that doesn't, in any way shape or form, justify hatred towards him.

He has proven himself valuable to Barca, has provided to the team in ways other don't.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 01, 2013 2:06 pm

The_Badger wrote:
futbol wrote:Because he doesn't fit the formation and gets benched in every big game.

Well that doesn't, in any way shape or form, justify hatred towards him.

He has proven himself valuable to Barca, has provided to the team in ways other don't.

I don't think anyone "hates" him. "Hate" is a strong word. People just don't like to see him in the starting lineup. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by ToEy Thu May 02, 2013 4:26 am

I honestly "dislike"/"hate" him more than anyone that has ever played for Barca since I started following Barca from the Figo days.

A traitor that has left us for greener pasture (Arsenal) back when we were struggling, only to betray them and come back to us when the roles are reversed, in addition to Barca paying a sizeable amount for this double betrayal.

Came in, destroyed our system, lose the ball countless times due to his crappy first touch. Benched and started whining. GTFO!

ToEy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu May 02, 2013 7:09 am

There's so much wrong with this reply that I struggle to stop laughing!

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 02, 2013 9:20 am

He might be overdoing it, but he has a point.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu May 02, 2013 11:02 am

free_cat wrote:He might be overdoing it, but he has a point.

Which is what?

How is he a traitor for leaving Barca as a teenager to seek footballing opportunities at Arsenal? Is Pique a traitor, or Alba?

Does is make players like Messi traitorous, or Thiago Alcantara?

He desired to return to Barca, and the club wanted him. He has given nothing less than everything to the club since arriving and has made no quarrel being played in a multitude of differing positions as the coaches have attempted to shoehorn him into the team, and despite this, has still contributed more goals and assists in his time at the club than just about everyone at Barca that isn't called Lionel Messi.

Barca need world class, experienced performers like Fabregas in the squad rather than continually paying over the odds for dogshit fancy-dans like Sanchez and Keirrison; and for under-forming clowns like Song and Hleb.

Fabregas has been a good acquisition for Barca, unfortunately the biased amongst your fanbase can't get over the fact he left when he wasn't needed.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 02, 2013 11:10 am

The_Badger wrote:
free_cat wrote:He might be overdoing it, but he has a point.

Which is what?

How is he a traitor for leaving Barca as a teenager to seek footballing opportunities at Arsenal? Is Pique a traitor, or Alba?

Yes, he is a traitor. Barça wanted to keep him but he took advantadge of the labor law differences between England and Spain to leave Barça for greener pastures ($). Pique was a traitor too, but he came back for peanuts, big difference. Alba isn't a traitor because he was let go from Barça, big difference too.

The_Badger wrote:
Does is make players like Messi traitorous, or Thiago Alcantara?

???
Unrelated.

The_Badger wrote:
He desired to return to Barca, and the club wanted him. He has given nothing less than everything to the club since arriving and has made no quarrel being played in a multitude of differing positions as the coaches have attempted to shoehorn him into the team, and despite this, has still contributed more goals and assists in his time at the club than just about everyone at Barca that isn't called Lionel Messi.

Barca need world class, experienced performers like Fabregas in the squad rather than continually paying over the odds for dogshit fancy-dans like Sanchez and Keirrison; and for under-forming clowns like Song and Hleb.

Fabregas has been a good acquisition for Barca, unfortunately the biased amongst your fanbase can't get over the fact he left when he wasn't needed.

He has good stats, but the fact is that with him, our team has been weaker and that he has been very poor for half of each seasons.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu May 02, 2013 11:21 am

You don't seem to understand what a "traitor" is. If you insist on misunderstanding the definition and apply it to Fabregas, then why can it not be applied to those other players I mentioned, or does it not fit in with your anti-Cesc agenda?

It seems he has become a nothing more than a scapegoat for Barca's general lack of substance this season and for the poor performances of various Barca figures. Rather than point the finger at those, you choose to attack Fabregas and use him as a tool of your frustration.

At least he's contributed something of note and value to this season. It can't really be said for others.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu May 02, 2013 11:48 am

The_Badger wrote:You don't seem to understand what a "traitor" is. If you insist on misunderstanding the definition and apply it to Fabregas, then why can it not be applied to those other players I mentioned, or does it not fit in with your anti-Cesc agenda?

It seems he has become a nothing more than a scapegoat for Barca's general lack of substance this season and for the poor performances of various Barca figures. Rather than point the finger at those, you choose to attack Fabregas and use him as a tool of your frustration.

At least he's contributed something of note and value to this season. It can't really be said for others.

What's your definition of Traitor? Whatever the exact word, he didn't do the right thing with Barça back then. That is past though. Present is that he is not playing well enough, he is complacnet, lacks effort, is screwing Pique and Puyol, doesn't fit our system and has huge transfer value. A 50 milion offer should be accepted without doubt.

I'm not really a Cesc hater. I didn't want his signing, but I defended him while he was with us and I never hate him. You can check old posts. But I think that it's not a bad idea to let him go. Also, he is far from the scapegoat, there are plenty of reasons of our demise, and Cesc is just one of them.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 02, 2013 6:45 pm

Whats the big debate?

Hes not a very good performer and we dont require him.

Dont know the big mystery. If we was performing well, most would like him..its really that simple.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum