Kit Thread

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kit Thread

Post by RedOranje on Thu May 02, 2013 1:14 am

I'm not sure we'll need a new thread every year for kits but if we do I'll edit the title of this one. For now though let's use this as the basic thread for all kit discussion. I'm also not sure if there will be enough images to make spoilers necessary but I'm going to go ahead and use them here.

Here's a great site for seeing past kits for English and Scottish league clubs:
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/

Obviously place to start is the newly released 13/14 home kit and rumoured 2nd and 3rd.

Official Home:
Spoiler:

Official Home Keeper:
Spoiler:

I personally like both, but unfortunately the release also means these second and third kits are looking more and more likely:

Rumoured 2nd:
Spoiler:

Rumoured 3rd:
Spoiler:

If they are confirmed I suggest we start a write-in campaign to Liverpool asking that one of them be switched with the home keeper kit design... at least keeper kits have some tradition of being a bit out there.

Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Re: Kit Thread

Post by mr-r34 on Thu May 02, 2013 1:38 am

Like the touch of the Liverpool FC down the home kit's strips. If the rumored 2nd and 3rd come out i'm going to kill myself.

First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Thu May 02, 2013 1:43 am

@mr-r34 wrote:Like the touch of the Liverpool FC down the home kit's strips. If the rumored 2nd and 3rd come out i'm going to kill myself.

Let's avoid this type of hyperbole, if you please... it's the type of thing that can really upset someone who has firsthand experience with suicide and its consequences.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Thu May 02, 2013 2:02 am

@mr-r34 wrote:Like the touch of the Liverpool FC down the home kit's strips. If the rumored 2nd and 3rd come out i'm going to kill myself.

Wow I didn't even notice that. Very nice touch. I really like both the home and keeper ones. Much better than this season.

I think those rumored ones would look much better if they were actually Polyester jerseys. I know the designs aren't anything to hold your breath over but if those jerseys were made with polyester fabric, the pics would look much better.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Thu May 02, 2013 3:18 am

@RedOranje wrote:

Let's avoid this type of hyperbole, if you please... it's the type of thing that can really upset someone who has firsthand experience with suicide and its consequences.

Sure np.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred on Fri May 03, 2013 4:15 am

Computer mock-ups make them look slightly better. In fact, I would say that the third actually looks decent here. Unfortunately, the problem isn't the material or even the color of the second strip. The problem is the pattern. It's just so strange.

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Fri May 03, 2013 4:30 am

After an initial bout of shock and disgust this season's third grew on me, but that was in large part due to outside circumstances (as you're aware, DTOR)... I can't see anything having a similar effect for those.

The '90s had their share of positives... but the football kits of the decade weren't among them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Fri May 03, 2013 6:05 am

The (rumored) 2nd & 3rd kits are just yew :-(. Think the worst away kits since the fabled green kit of late 90s. Why don't they design a black & gold (for enblam) kit!
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 on Fri May 03, 2013 1:02 pm

Yeah, those are pretty hideous. Hopefully they add to the "us against the world" mentality we're developing, since apparently even our own sponsors are conspiring against us.
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Fri May 03, 2013 6:09 pm

@stevieg8 wrote:Yeah, those are pretty hideous. Hopefully they add to the "us against the world" mentality we're developing, since apparently even our own sponsors are conspiring against us.
Do what now? scratch

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 on Fri May 03, 2013 8:05 pm

@RedOranje wrote:
@stevieg8 wrote:Yeah, those are pretty hideous. Hopefully they add to the "us against the world" mentality we're developing, since apparently even our own sponsors are conspiring against us.
Do what now? scratch

It was a joke because the jerseys are ugly... Probably could've executed that better.
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Fri May 03, 2013 8:29 pm

@stevieg8 wrote:
@RedOranje wrote:
Do what now? scratch

It was a joke because the jerseys are ugly... Probably could've executed that better.
Ah. I thought you were referring to Standard Chartered or the Ooredoo rumours or something.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Fri May 03, 2013 9:15 pm

I actually got the joke and had a little chuckle by my lonesome self at 5 in the morning :coffee:

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Mon May 06, 2013 11:29 am

Well that confirms our 2nd and 3rd kit now.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Mon May 06, 2013 9:02 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That's a bummer. Hopefully they look better in real life than those computer generated pics.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Mon May 06, 2013 9:17 pm

I would recommend Arq to take the lead in our write-in campaign, but I'm not sure Warrior/LFC would take any e-mail or letter seriously that complained about the kits being made out of "papier-mâché."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:41 am

MY eyes are burning LOL

Suarez
Spoiler:
Coutinho
Spoiler:
Agger
Spoiler:
Sturridge
Spoiler:
Johnson
Spoiler:
Skrtel
Spoiler:

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:46 am

Inspired by the patterns and graphics featured in the kits of the 1980s and 1990s, Warrior and LFC have produced a strip which represents modern retro.

Beyond the traditional colour scheme, the neckline from the 1981 away kit has been reworked to give the shirt a contemporary edge. The diamond print is a refreshed interpretation of the graphics featured in the 1989-91 away strip.

First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitescu on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:28 pm

It'll seem like I'm coming in just for a routine blasting for Warrior's kits, but its actually the exact opposite of what I wanted since I do want to like a young company like Warrior.

I accepted Adidas departure to Warrior since it was far more beneficial to LFC from the financial perspective. I predicted Warrior's inexperience & quality of their jerseys would transcend onto LFC's jerseys and it would show.

Their first batch of jerseys for Liverpool were half-assed, flimsy and very uninspiring. One of my female friends heads a large department in design for Zara and states going back retro more than once is usually the sign of laziness, no creativity and classic template reworking. Fine, they went for the retro look for LFC, which had us abandon our logo, with jersey quality also sacrificed. What irked me was how bland and uninspiring the rest of the first batch were.

We move on to 2nd year of Warrior's jersey designs, here I am expecting something new, creative and inspirational.

For the home jersey, we once again get a retro "inspiration" which is even more bland than the simple effect of the previous jersey. Not really surprised considering Warrior don't have shown to be primal in their designs.

Then we have the away jersey, which seems to be inspired by the Mohiccan/Iriquious bead etching's used on Tomohawks instead of LFC. What the F**k were these designers thinking when they churned out this utter mess of a jersey? What's even worse is Reina's one is far worse considering those American Indian designs clash completely with the nuclear violet.

Oh wait... now I know Warrior's inspiration since they decided to add TRIBAL designs on our previous training kits as if we were 13 year olds.

The third jersey is actually their best. The designs presents symmetry (which makes a whole lot of difference), has a creative colour output and simply looks better than the other two.

But I have to ask, what is the reason behind these jerseys instead of the half-assed attempt to go "retro"? What is thought process behind the 3rd jersey? I'm no fashion veteran yet what our players where do actually effect how beginners to football come to view our club as you'll be surprised how many people support clubs "just because they liked their jersey"

Fine, they make two mistakes in a row for LFC's jerseys yet they also decide to tarnish Sevilla's look and predictably, go "retro" on their logo as well since its the easy thing to do.

In comparison to theres, our look like D&G 2008 colleczioni.

What goes on in Warrior's headquarters?

WE COME NOT TO PLAY BUT TO TARNISH FOOTBALL CLUB SHIRTS

Arquitescu
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Sociedad

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:43 pm

Sevilla's jerseys look way better than ours, yeah.

I still don't get it.. what the *bleep* were we thinking? How in the holy hell did we accept that? :facepalm:

Suarez now has a valid excuse to leave.. such atrocious jerseys. Laughing

Why can't we go with simple, unsophisticated plain kits?
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:04 pm

The pattern that starts from the waist isn't too bad, imo, but it just doesn't fit with the rest of the shirt.

But I've never really cared how our kits look like, the lads can go out to play in high-visibility jackets as far as I'm concerned.
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:02 am

Official Release of the LFC Third Kit

Spoiler:

Admin

Back to top Go down