2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Re: 2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

Post by free_cat on Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 am

@messixaviesta wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:It looks like the rumors of Tito's bad health have intensified. If they prove to be true, who do you guys want as a replacement?

Tito badly wanted another season before his work is evaluated and I like almost anyone else here feel he deserves at least that. If his health doesn't permit him then it's very sad.

Since Pep is of course not available there is only one coach in the world today who makes my mouth water and that is Juergen Klopp. Manuel Pellegrini is a decent option but he is supposed to be about to take the ManCity job. As I have said before I am not as excited about Marcelo Bielsa as most here because he seems too eccentric to me and I anticipate problems with him. Ernesto Valverde sounds underwhelming. Jupp Heynckes perhaps if he is interested and can take say a two year deal. Otherwise I'll go for a wild card - Frank De Boer. The Dutch connection has a history of working at Barcelona. Maybe we can even look at Luciano Spalletti. Diego Simeone is one more name coming to mind but he could be too defensive for our liking. Still it's worth a thought if he can adapt to our style. Maybe even Michael Laudrup though it could be too early for him to take up such a major position. Lastly is there anyone internally we can look at. I guess not. Not Jordi Roura of course.

Klopp - out of the question, he doesn't share our playing philosophy, doesn't know the club, too defensive, doesn't know the language.
Spalleti and Simeone are also out of the question.
I agree with you on Frank de Boer, could be a good choice.
I also don't like Bielsa, his teams are madly inconsistent and so is he.
For me, Valverde, Luis Enrique, Pellegrini, De boer and Oscar Garcia (ex Juvenil A coach, now champion of Israle with Maccabi Tel Aviv after 10 years) are good options.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Tue May 21, 2013 12:02 pm

@free_cat wrote:
@messixaviesta wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:It looks like the rumors of Tito's bad health have intensified. If they prove to be true, who do you guys want as a replacement?

Tito badly wanted another season before his work is evaluated and I like almost anyone else here feel he deserves at least that. If his health doesn't permit him then it's very sad.

Since Pep is of course not available there is only one coach in the world today who makes my mouth water and that is Juergen Klopp. Manuel Pellegrini is a decent option but he is supposed to be about to take the ManCity job. As I have said before I am not as excited about Marcelo Bielsa as most here because he seems too eccentric to me and I anticipate problems with him. Ernesto Valverde sounds underwhelming. Jupp Heynckes perhaps if he is interested and can take say a two year deal. Otherwise I'll go for a wild card - Frank De Boer. The Dutch connection has a history of working at Barcelona. Maybe we can even look at Luciano Spalletti. Diego Simeone is one more name coming to mind but he could be too defensive for our liking. Still it's worth a thought if he can adapt to our style. Maybe even Michael Laudrup though it could be too early for him to take up such a major position. Lastly is there anyone internally we can look at. I guess not. Not Jordi Roura of course.

Klopp - out of the question, he doesn't share our playing philosophy, doesn't know the club, too defensive, doesn't know the language.
Spalleti and Simeone are also out of the question.
I agree with you on Frank de Boer, could be a good choice.
I also don't like Bielsa, his teams are madly inconsistent and so is he.
For me, Valverde, Luis Enrique, Pellegrini, De boer and Oscar Garcia (ex Juvenil A coach, now champion of Israle with Maccabi Tel Aviv after 10 years) are good options.

Klopp - Let's agree to disagree. I think he is a smart man who will adapt to a new philosophy. He may have been defensive but there is also some degree of fantasy element in the way his team plays and what he gets out of his players. Seeing how he has developed Gundogan I would like to see what he does with Thiago.

Spaletti - I am not sure.

Simeone - Perhaps you are right.

Valverde - Once again I just don't think he is Barca class. Villarreal used to play in a somewhat similar way to us and he did atrociously there to the extent that a youth team coach did much better than him. At Valencia he has been decent but not much more.

Enrique - I am not sure but worth a thought.

O.Garcia - Sounds interesting. Internal connection works well for us.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Tue May 21, 2013 2:23 pm

On Klopp: don't get me wrong, I like Klopp, but I'm sure he won't be an option regarded by Zubi because those reasons.

Valverde career as a coach is of constant success except that season with Vila-real. He did fantastic with Espanyol, then Bilbao went to Europe with him, he then won two leagues in greece with Olympiakos and with Valencia he has been great (Valencia was 11th when he got them, know they are about to qualify for the CL). Met the goals every season but one.

He is a gamble, but so are Enrique, de boer or Garcia. Pellegrini would be the smallest gamble but he also was a failure at Madrid...

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Tue May 21, 2013 3:05 pm

I agree that Valverde is a good option. Valencia were like 16th when he arrived and now they're fighting for a CL place. I think he only signed a 6 month contract as well, although I'm not sure if it has been renewed, but Valencia play great football now. I wouldn't mind him at all.

I would rather not promote internally as if Tito leaves I would like a change in leadership.

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Tue May 21, 2013 3:07 pm

cat, wonderful comments.

What you say about Klopp makes very good sense. One more point in favour of him is that some here have complained that motivation level has gone down and someone with the passion and enthusiasm of Klopp can probably bring it back quite easily.

After all the information you have given on Valverde, I won't be totally against him.

Pellegrini is an above average option but not too much more than that.

The sad thing is there is hardly an option which can really excite us. Maybe in that sense a gamble would be better than a safer but not too great option.

One more name came to my mind. Laurent Blanc. He may have been a little underwhelming in his last few weeks in charge of France but he deserves another big chance. The key is that he absolutely loves our style and many of our players and that could motivate him to do wonders.

All this talk about coaches reminds me of one more point. I do not want him to come back to us but I wish our ex-coach Frank Rijkaard gets a top coaching job once again.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Tue May 21, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 5 times in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Tue May 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Coaches Not Even To Be Touched With A Barge Pole :-

1. Jose Mourinho

2. Claudio Ranieri

3. Roberto Mancini

4. Rafael Benitez

Feel free to add more names. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Tue May 21, 2013 11:50 pm

de Boer just agreed a new deal with Ajax this week, so it's fairly safe to say he won't be leaving the club this summer.

Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Wed May 22, 2013 4:27 am

@RedOranje wrote:de Boer just agreed a new deal with Ajax this week, so it's fairly safe to say he won't be leaving the club this summer.

You are right. The problem that we face now is we are not even sure if we are going to change coach this summer or not. Hence we can't approach anyone right away and soon the best of names may not be available.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed May 22, 2013 2:45 pm

I like the 3 names Free mentioned....and I'm much more confident wih Pellegrini than the general feeling here. Think he would do well.

Rafa loool

And then Wenger was mentioned after saying "to sort out the defence" ..wat
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by V on Wed May 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Messi, Villa, Pedro, Alexis, Tello, Cuenca, Afellay, Deulofeu, Bojan, Neymar. 10 players, 5 spots. Go!

Cesc is Messi's substitute, 6th spot : (
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica on Wed May 22, 2013 6:20 pm

@V wrote:Messi, Villa, Pedro, Alexis, Tello, Cuenca, Afellay, Deulofeu, Bojan, Neymar. 10 players, 5 spots. Go!

Cesc is Messi's substitute, 6th spot : (
Now that wasn't that hard, was it?
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Wed May 22, 2013 8:32 pm

@The Franchise wrote:I like the 3 names Free mentioned....and I'm much more confident wih Pellegrini than the general feeling here. Think he would do well.

Rafa loool

And then Wenger was mentioned after saying "to sort out the defence" ..wat

Rafa was to sort out the defence, not Wenger.

Also Arsenal least goals conceded in EPL this season (second only to Man City) - give Wenger good players, he'll do better than two Pellegrinis :coffee:

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Wed May 22, 2013 8:49 pm

Anyone will do better than Tito.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed May 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Don't care what the stats stay, I seen Wengers teams for years and this one like many of then have defensive woes.

Just because 18 others were worse doesn't mean his was great.

And I'm as big a non Arsenal fan Wenger fan as there is I think.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Wed May 22, 2013 9:38 pm

This Arsenal team played a full season without a DM. Nuff said.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Wed May 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Well who's fault is that? Maybe he shouldn't play Arteta with no defensive cover.

But that's not their biggest problem anyway..for years they have had no defensive gameplan on a consistent basis.

The less said about Verm the better.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Thu May 23, 2013 4:35 am

futbol, what a lovely signature !!!

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Thu May 23, 2013 4:24 pm

My Full Transfer Plan

1. I can't believe I am saying this but keep Song. He covers for Busquets and even gets minutes as attacking player when neither Xavi nor Iniesta are playing.

2. Sell Fabregas - we could get a king's ransom if this is played smartly.

3. Sell Mascherano

4. Buy at least one quality center back but better still two. One more center back may be really needed if both Mascherano and Abidal leave.

5. Keep Dani Alves ( wouldn't even have mentioned this if the argument hadn't started )

6. Keep at least one of Alexis and Pedro, maybe even both. However keeping both might mean less minutes for Tello and Delofeu. So selling one may be better option.

7. Buy Neymar (whatever it takes)

8. Let Valdes go - no point keeping a player who has his heart set somewhere else just for one year.

9. Buy a new goal keeper - perhaps Ter Stegen

10. Tell Thiago he is the future - Xavi's immediate understudy and also first replacement for Iniesta when Xavi is playing and Iniesta is not.

11. Use a dynamic midfielder from the cantera to provide extra creativity when needed and/or Iniesta is absent. Not sure if Sergi Roberto is the right guy for this role.

12. Sell Villa to Tottenham or whoever. E12m sounded a good price to me considering his age and current form. Try to raise it a little more but don't delay too much.

13. One question remains that what happens in Messi's absence. Can Neymar play in the center? If we keep Alexis then we can play him.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Thu May 23, 2013 8:25 pm

I like it JD. Ideally I think we needed Cesc and Song as one player...somone who can play back up DM and as more vertical midfield runner...a better version of Keita. Instead we split this into two players who on their own we don't really need.

I guess Song will do.

The rest I kind of agree with.

I would not force Neymar....if it can't be done under reasonable circumstances then we shoukd look at someone els and come back for him next year.

I would 100% sell Pedro or Alexis...which one I have not really decieded yet my opinion.

I don't wish to sell Villa but for his own good its best.

I would of said also sign Felipe Luis and sell Adriano but that's not happening now.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Thu May 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks for the reply dani. Wonderful comments from you.

As you said we need only one of Cesc and Song. There are three key reasons why I chose Song. One is we can get a much higher price in the market for Cesc and we need the money to fund our other needs. Secondly Song will be much easier to keep on the bench than Cesc. Thirdly Cesc will block Thiago's path much more than Song will.

Perhaps we shouldn't force Neymar but he is becoming close to a necessity if not a complete necessity. If we postpone till next summer we must at least ensure that we are guaranteed first option since many other big fishes are obviously after him as well. Anyway we do need to buy a quality forward. Look around Europe and what are almost all big clubs trying to buy. Stand out center forwards or strikers whatever we want to call them. Due to our Messi based false 9 system we can't do that. Hence our options become very limited. It will be hard to find a player of higher class who is naturally a left or right forward. Marco Reus I had mentioned earlier and he is a wonderful player but doesn't have the outstanding natural flair that Neymar possesses which can make a big difference for us. The other is Luis Suarez but his disciplinary issues and that he has gotten used to playing in the center means that I am not totally convinced. Any other names you can think of?

Yes one of Pedro of Alexis have to be sold. This is needed for both external signing and promising youth to find more space and it's also needed to generate funds. I guess Alexis will fetch a higher market price than Pedro but will the difference between their prices be huge. Perhaps not.

Villa has to be sold. Perhaps you and I compete on this forum for who is Villa's greatest fan but the moment of truth has arrived. I think he should go to a smaller club where he is a guaranteed starter and can get a good goal return for the season so that he can be part of Spain's WC 2014 squad.

Yes selling Adriano for his injury reasons has the support of many of us but it won't happen since he has been renewed.

We either keep Mascherano and buy one center back or we sell him and buy two. Marquinhos is being mentioned constantly but from what I know he is only good enough to be our second option. For the first option we just have to find someone world class to purchase and that's not going to be easy.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje on Thu May 23, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm very surprised at the amount of squad turn-over some of you guys want (not agreeing or disagreeing with it, just noting my surprise).

Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Fri May 24, 2013 12:56 am

@RedOranje wrote:I'm very surprised at the amount of squad turn-over some of you guys want (not agreeing or disagreeing with it, just noting my surprise).

The squad has been neglected for years now. The board hasn't bought players that have improved the team since 2008. At the start of this era (2008/2009) vs. now :

Defense 08/09: Puyol, Abidal, Marquez, Pique, Milito
Defense now: Pique, Puyol (35 years old!), Mascherano (not a CB), Adriano (not a CB), Bartra (mediocre talent, gets pretty much 0 game time)

Huge decline in that position. Basically Pique is the only "reliable" defender now in the whole squad.

Midfield 08/09: Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Yaya, Keita, Gudjohnsen
Midfield now: Xavi (33 years old, clearly declined), Iniesta, Busquets, Fabregas, Thiago, Song

Not a problematic position obviously but still worse (mainly because of Xavi's decline) and not as balanced as it used to be. Keita and Yaya provided some steel in tough away fixtures. Song is nowhere near Yaya's level and Keita was also better. Fabregas doesn't add a new element to the team. Maybe "goals from midfield" but, yeah ... pointless if you have goals from midfield at the expense of a striker on the left side (starting Fabregas in midfield means shifting Iniesta out wide: Iniesta + genuine striker on the left >>> Fabregas + Iniesta out wide).

Attack 08/09: Messi, Eto'o, Henry, Pedro, Bojan
Attack now: Messi, Pedro, Villa (31, declined after his leg break), Alexis, Tello

Messi is Messi and the rest is nowhere near Eto'o's or Henry's level. It's a 1 man frontline. Pedro actually broke his La Liga goalscoring record from last season: He has now scored 6 goals this season. Laughing Proud Tells you everything you need to know.

Now add to the mix that Valdes wants out and all of a sudden this squad desperately needs 1 goalkeeper, 1 (better 2) defenders and 1 forward. While the likes of Villa, Abidal, dos Santos, Song, Bartra, Puyol could be all considered "dead wood". They don't add much to the squad anymore.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Fri May 24, 2013 2:08 am

@RedOranje wrote:I'm very surprised at the amount of squad turn-over some of you guys want (not agreeing or disagreeing with it, just noting my surprise).
I think it's a vocal minority, most of us just want to get rid of the underperformers and replace them with 3-4 quality players.

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr on Fri May 24, 2013 8:18 am

What Alfred said. Most of us would like to see someone to relieve Messi from the goalscoring burden and someone to form a solid partnership with Pique. that's all more or less
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Fri May 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Other forwards JD?

I think we could use Cavani, Rooney, Willian, Aguero or even Bale.

Are all these flawless fits...no of course not, but as I said before its not like they are trying to replace Garrincha here.

I would still have Suarez but he is 1 more incident away from me saying he would bring shame on our club to a level I cannot accept.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta on Fri May 24, 2013 4:41 pm

dani, most of the players you named are best suited for playing in the center except perhaps Bale and Willian. Not sure how good Willian is. As for Bale we have discussed him many times. So nothing to add there. What's also worth noting is almost every one of these players can only be bought for a king's ransom.

I agree that Suarez could have been top choice or at least second choice behind Neymar but he could become an embarrassment to the club just as you said.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next