2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

+38
Babun
Madvillain
LeBĂ©ninois
BarcaLearning
jibers
Gil
gondov
RealGunner
Zealous
Ganso
eelir
kiranr
billy_gr
V
barca 2011
halamadrid2
Kick
juventus101
Valkyrja
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Sanchez
futbol
messixaviesta
CBarca
Donuts
Adit
windkick
kabarca
danyjr
The Franchise
Harmonica
alexjanosik
neuro11
RedOranje
BarrileteCosmico
free_cat
Hawky
BarcaKizz
42 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc. - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:25 pm

neuro11 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Agree. I also think an important part is at Arsenal he played every week, he was the part the team functioned around and also everyone relied on him to lead the team with his play. These things give you more responsibility and confidence, plus his role was easier in terms of movement. Everyone moved around him, now he has to make movement.

yeah, thats another point we agree...and clearly evident in some games when Messi is absent. Probably thats the big mistake by Pep that he could not read it...

Indeed a very key point brought out by dani. It's like with Messi for us. He doesn't bother much about off the ball movement because others move around him and play for him. When Ibrahimovic joined us he had a similar problem because he was used to being in a team where everyone did for him what our players do for Messi. Perhaps after having been the MVP of a team it's very difficult to play second fiddle and only very few players will succeed at that.

As for the "mistake" by Pep this is where we tread into a grey area. I would like to know better what fraction of Pep's decision was logical and what fraction was emotional but it's unlikely we will ever get to know what really happened.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc. - Page 13 Empty Re: 2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc.

Post by neuro11 Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:38 pm

ok....JD then i raise another question here.
Do you think this is the same reason some people (not general fans but people like Cruyff, De Boer) think Messi, Neymar would not work??? do you think the confusions are drawn from the recent examples of Ibra or Cesc failing to play 2nd to Messi

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:19 pm

neuro11 wrote:ok....JD then i raise another question here.
Do you think this is the same reason some people (not general fans but people like Cruyff, De Boer) think Messi, Neymar would not work??? do you think the confusions are drawn from the recent examples of Ibra or Cesc failing to play 2nd to Messi

Another good question. Yes this is certainly one of the reasons I think. A team can have only one MVP and some players find it difficult to play unless they are the MVP. For that reason I want Ibrahimovic to move to Real Madrid this summer because I want to see how he and Cristiano co-exist in the same team. Anyway coming back to your question it's difficult to say how things will pan out at Barca. My personal feeling is that for a season or two there won't be any problems. Neymar will for the time being play second fiddle because he knows that in spite of the Confed Cup Golden Ball and an excellent performance in Copa Libertadores a few years back he hasn't yet reached the highest of levels while Messi has been reigning as the unquestionable world number one for several years now. Then we need to see how well Neymar does and how high he rises. I am tempted to say WC 2014 could be a red letter moment. If Neymar manages to win the world cup he will perhaps become the new number one in the game at the same time. If Messi manages to win the world cup he will likely be called the greatest footballer of all time. If and when Neymar does become comparable to Messi in at least some ways he may not want to play second fiddle for too long. At that point in time it's quite possible that Barca will let one of these guys go. However all this is extremely hypothetical at the moment. First let's wait and watch how well Neymar does. If he doesn't make it here he will anyway be out in a couple of seasons at most and then other questions won't even arise. Another concern that Muricy Ramalho expressed is that Barca rely heavily on passing and Neymar's passing is still inconsistent.

One more point worth mentioning here is that there is a difference between Ibra not being able to play second fiddle to Messi and the problems that Fabregas is facing. In Ibra's own mind no one is better than him. So even though he tried to adjust initially there must have been a resistance within him towards playing second fiddle. Fabregas though doesn't think of himself as a player anywhere comparable to Messi. His problems are almost all about his playing style rather than any show of arrogance on his part. Even though some could claim that Fabregas could have put in more effort to get over these problems I do think that if the coach were to specifically instruct him to work on some of these aspects of his game he would try. Neymar could suffer from one of these problems, none of them or even both. Time will tell.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Cut that crap out. You been here 5 minutes, you know nothing.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:Cut that crap out. You been here 5 minutes, you know nothing.

Yeah the badger, it's acceptable to be a Cesc lover, but not to be rude wit no reason dude.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Apologies. I shouldn't presume he'd get my humour. There was no malice intended, so relax and calm down.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:04 am

Btw thanks guys Very Happy

Hopefully I can replace Kizz well. Let me know if there's any housekeeping that needs to be done in the Barca section.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:06 am

messixaviesta wrote:
Another good question. Yes this is certainly one of the reasons I think. A team can have only one MVP and some players find it difficult to play unless they are the MVP. For that reason I want Ibrahimovic to move to Real Madrid this summer because I want to see how he and Cristiano co-exist in the same team. Anyway coming back to your question it's difficult to say how things will pan out at Barca. My personal feeling is that for a season or two there won't be any problems. Neymar will for the time being play second fiddle because he knows that in spite of the Confed Cup Golden Ball and an excellent performance in Copa Libertadores a few years back he hasn't yet reached the highest of levels while Messi has been reigning as the unquestionable world number one for several years now. Then we need to see how well Neymar does and how high he rises. I am tempted to say WC 2014 could be a red letter moment. If Neymar manages to win the world cup he will perhaps become the new number one in the game at the same time. If Messi manages to win the world cup he will likely be called the greatest footballer of all time. If and when Neymar does become comparable to Messi in at least some ways he may not want to play second fiddle for too long. At that point in time it's quite possible that Barca will let one of these guys go. However all this is extremely hypothetical at the moment. First let's wait and watch how well Neymar does. If he doesn't make it here he will anyway be out in a couple of seasons at most and then other questions won't even arise. Another concern that Muricy Ramalho expressed is that Barca rely heavily on passing and Neymar's passing is still inconsistent.

One more point worth mentioning here is that there is a difference between Ibra not being able to play second fiddle to Messi and the problems that Fabregas is facing. In Ibra's own mind no one is better than him. So even though he tried to adjust initially there must have been a resistance within him towards playing second fiddle. Fabregas though doesn't think of himself as a player anywhere comparable to Messi. His problems are almost all about his playing style rather than any show of arrogance on his part. Even though some could claim that Fabregas could have put in more effort to get over these problems I do think that if the coach were to specifically instruct him to work on some of these aspects of his game he would try. Neymar could suffer from one of these problems, none of them or even both. Time will tell.

very well said...it could not be any clear........

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am

Congrats to new comrade
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Btw thanks guys Very Happy

Hopefully I can replace Kizz well. Let me know if there's any housekeeping that needs to be done in the Barca section.
please prepare some dinner for us every night :d

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:31 am

the new rumor is about Napoli's interest on Alexis which makes sense. Napoli has recently strengthened their team and even after buying Higuain for an amount which many consider overprice, their owner announced they still have big chunk to spend. While Alexis had a frustrating career in barca any italian team would be interested in him as he is a proven performer for his country and previously with Udinese.So its possible that Napoli might offer good amount for him....
i am wondering how many of you would be interested to give him another season under new coach specially when he had been continuously performing since end of last season....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:17 am

neuro11 wrote:
i am wondering how many of you would be interested to give him another season under new coach specially when he had been continuously performing since end of last season....

I would.

First of all, towards the end of last season he started to play quite well scored goals. More importantly he looked confident.

But also, I dont believe Tello is very good on the right and I think the same about Neymar. They both look a little bit awkward most of the time I seen them in that position.

Cuenca is injured, they dont seem to consider Afellay....so that leaves only Pedro, who to me is at best, just as "bad" as Alexis.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Tata seems very interesting. He seems to want to fix all the things i spoke about earlier in this thread. Defensive organistaion is priority and taking the pressure Lionel as well.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Good discussions and congrats to BC! Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:
neuro11 wrote:

I would.

First of all, towards the end of last season he started to play quite well scored goals. More importantly he looked confident.

But also, I dont believe Tello is very good on the right and I think the same about Neymar. They both look a little bit awkward most of the time I seen them in that position.

Cuenca is injured, they dont seem to consider Afellay....so that leaves only Pedro, who to me is at best, just as "bad" as Alexis.

Franchise, i agree with you... But in any case if possible, i would have sold Alexis only to get Mata. Otherwise, its best to keep him than selling.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:08 pm

Not looking to good Smile 

2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc. - Page 13 2013-07-29_PRUEBAS_FISICAS_06-Optimized.v1375093747
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Harmonica wrote:Not looking to good Smile 

2013-14 'Blue-Print'- Discussion of Transfers, Tactical Changes etc. - Page 13 2013-07-29_PRUEBAS_FISICAS_06-Optimized.v1375093747

Tito :facepalm: 

Roura :facepalm:

VDB :facepalm:

The best cm of this generation has been worked to the ground.

Mismanagement at its peak.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:44 pm

I'm interested as to whether you guys see Xavi as a cornerstone this season. I mean, in my opinion, the best thing Martino could do for Barcelona is to create a way of playing where Xavi is at least somewhat replaceable......which he hasn't been for a long time. Some of you say you're afraid for Xavi under him, but what about the team. Xavi is 33, hasn't been at his best in 2 years, and has played an absurd amount of games during that time.

Perhaps it's best for everyone that he takes a reduced role within the overall dynamic.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Pirlo made a come back when hardly expected to do so. Xavi could easily have at least one more blaze of glory.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:30 pm

Simply because Xavi is still a great player and has alot to give.

I agree, the way we have played, his presence is crucial. However, we saw more and more Thiago, in his own way replacing him because he had many of Xavi's skills (ability to navigate traffic, deep passing and final passes) while bringing some of his own (direct dribbling, defensive skills, athletic ability) so many would have guess the transition between the two could have started.

Now we ruined that it will be more difficult. But for the time being, Xavi still has game and if Martino can get him playing at a high level (perhaps done simply by managing his gametime better) playing within his idea of how we should play then I am good with that.

Sergi Roberto looks like he may provide a midfielder runner and presser, something we sorely lack. He isnt physically what I would like, but he is showing good performances in preseason. Whatever we get out of Cesc will have to do, thats all I will say on him.

I think Xavi will the ball is still fine, he is more than capable. My only issue really is his ability to press, which was greatly reduced...perhaps because of his physical capability, perhaps age, perhaps both. I think that will be answered soon enough though, because last season our pressing structure was awful, often he was covering 2 positions, even 3...I want to assume Martino will solve at the very least the tactical side of our pressing and from there we can see what Xavi is capable of and how Martino will use him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 am

Whats the pic of Xavi mean I have no idea about these, hes not injured I hope.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:48 am

The Franchise wrote:Simply because Xavi is still a great player and has alot to give.

I agree, the way we have played, his presence is crucial. However, we saw more and more Thiago, in his own way replacing him because he had many of Xavi's skills (ability to navigate traffic, deep passing and final passes) while bringing some of his own (direct dribbling, defensive skills, athletic ability) so many would have guess the transition between the two could have started.

Now we ruined that it will be more difficult. But for the time being, Xavi still has game and if Martino can get him playing at a high level (perhaps done simply by managing his gametime better) playing within his idea of how we should play then I am good with that.

Sergi Roberto looks like he may provide a midfielder runner and presser, something we sorely lack. He isnt physically what I would like, but he is showing good performances in preseason. Whatever we get out of Cesc will have to do, thats all I will say on him.

I think Xavi will the ball is still fine, he is more than capable. My only issue really is his ability to press, which was greatly reduced...perhaps because of his physical capability, perhaps age, perhaps both. I think that will be answered soon enough though, because last season our pressing structure was awful, often he was covering 2 positions, even 3...I want to assume Martino will solve at the very least the tactical side of our pressing and from there we can see what Xavi is capable of and how Martino will use him.

Agreed Dani. What I find annoying is that lack of flexibility there seems to have been in Barelona with regards to Xavi. You cannot replace him as what he has done is very unique in football. Letting go of Thiago is the biggest goof I have seen a club make. All the points you raised are true. Xavi can't press as intensely because of his permanent achilles condition. What annoys me even more is that when Barcelona wrapped up the league with ample games to spare, Xavi was still being played...it made no sense, the world cup is next year and he played the confed cup this summer.

Comparing Piro to Xavi is daft. Pirlo has never run as much as Xavi and needed to have two dynamic mf to cover his defensive frailties although his defending has improved. Xavi's mobility is what separates him from the rest, something this crippling Achilles tendon is slowly stripping him of. Xavi could easily be a regista but that is not how he has operated.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:43 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Whats the pic of Xavi mean I have no idea about these, hes not injured I hope.

sitting down hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Looking at how Guardiola has used Lahm so far, makes me think what if you used Alves in a similar manner. With Neymar, Iniesta doesn't need to be that guy who unbalances defenses on his side, you could shift the majority of playmaking responsibility to him and give him a forward passing option like Alves on the other side.....it returns some balance to the high pressing;
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:18 am

Dunno, bit different. I see Lahm being successful without the ball rather than with it. He makes some very good off the ball runs and its a bonus that he is adept on it and can turn into space.

Dani Alves is a bit different.

Anyway its something only Pep would consider either way so its a non-starter.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:44 am

The Franchise wrote:Dunno, bit different. I see Lahm being successful without the ball rather than with it.
True dat, I actually think they are very different in that sense.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:27 pm

The Franchise wrote:Simply because Xavi is still a great player and has alot to give.

So wonderfully well written !!!

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next