DeletedUser#1
Art Morte
RedOranje
24 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

Ideal Team Empty Ideal Team

Post by RedOranje Sat May 18, 2013 1:57 am

It's clear we all have different ideas on what the club should do this summer in the transfer window and how the team should line up for matches. This type of topic has been previously touched upon in the Squad and Transfer Rumours threads so I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread dedicated specifically to this discussion.

Just provide two match day squads (starting XI & bench):

1) Your ideal match day squad for the start of next season, ignoring wages/fees/loyalty/etc.

2) Your realistic match day squad made up of players who LFC could realistically afford and attract (but are not necessarily linked with/interested in currently).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Ideal Team Empty Re: Ideal Team

Post by Art Morte Sat May 18, 2013 11:30 am

I'd be quite happy to start the season with what we've got right now, but have more depth so we could try different approaches.

Reina
Johnson - Skrtel - Agger - Enrique
Gerrard - Lucas - Henderson
- - - - - Coutinho - - - - -
Sturridge - Suarez

Some players who'd provide good depth and competition for starting places and alternative tactics & formations:

Micah Richards
Andy Carroll
Raheem Sterling
Jonathan de Guzman
Davide Santon
Shaun Maloney
Ali Al-Habsi
Callum McManaman
Mohamed Diame
Steven Nzonzi

I'd like to see a few of those names on our squad list next season.
I don't watch that much other leagues, so don't really know what sort of players would be available from abroad.

Alternative XI !

Al-Habsi
Richards - Skrtel - Agger - Santon
McManaman - Gerrard - Nzonzi - Sterling
Suarez
Carroll

banana
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat May 18, 2013 7:24 pm

It all comes to the players in our first XI that we can realistically improve on.

Johnson
Enrique
Skittle
Downing

are the ones, that should not be 100% guaranteed starting next season. Johnson and Enrique are both superb players when in-form, but they are extremely inconsistent at times, and both need a serious competition/kick up the ass that can genuinely challenge for their spot and maybe take over. I've just recently noticed how many times those 2 (when having a bad game) lose very promising attacking opporunities and positions, by making extra dribbles/ bad touch, etc.

Downing, we can easily improve on him..but I'd keep him for depth, if the offer we didn't get an offer of 10m region.

CB, is obvious.

We won't be in Europe next season, and MAXIMUM (if we go deep in cups), we'll play around 50 games next season (probably a lot less). Some of the kids will go on loans , so in order to handle that, we need a base of 18 solid players to choose from. Kids can be recalled from loan in an injury situation.

I want Pepe staying. We need leadership at the back next season with Carra retiring. I really sincerely hope Reina stays.

Realistic fullbacks we can attracts to challenge/replace Glen and Jose?
Richards, Uchida, Contrao, Maxi Perreira, etc

Realistic starting CB?
Alderweild, Papadopoulous, Williams, etc

Realistic backup/competition DM?
Wanyama, Papadopoulous

Realistic Downing replacement?
MERTENS !!!!!! (Please buy him)

so Ideal team (I assume GJ will be sold if Uchida brougt in):

---------------------------Reina---------------------------
Uchida--------Papa---------------Agger-------Contrao--
------------------Lucas---------Gerrard------------------
----Mertens-------------------------Coutinho-----------
------------------Suarez----------------------------------
--------------------------Sturridge------------------------

Bench: Jones, Kelly, Henderson, Downing, Borini, Allen, Enrique

Jesus, that bench doesn't have a GAME-CHANGING player in it. ugh

I really don't know. We need a more potent bench. The bench is very defensive minded, but that's the problem trying to fit Suarez/Sturridge/Coutinho/Mertens all in the first team.

Thank god, that's Brendan's challenge to make those decisions and not mines.

I also think, next season, Kelly will finally be converted in a CB.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 18, 2013 10:13 pm

Art I'm so glad you're not our manager. My gawd dat alternating team of yours looks awful.

I agree with Sepi on many of his points. This transfer window we need to improve our starting lineup. There are 3 areas in need of improvement over other areas. RW (Downing), CB (Carra/Skrtel), AM/LW (Henderson). Although I agree to realistically be a top team we'll eventually need to improve our fullbacks, I think Enrique and Johnson are still decent enough to get us top 4 (Worry about those positions in summer 2014).

My ideal and personal choices, disregarding wages, fees, etc, are Papa/Alderweireld for RCB, Griezmann for RW, Jovetic for LW/AM.

Ins:
Papa
Griezmann
Ilori
Jovetic

Outs:
Downing
Coates (loan)
Assaidi
Skrtel
Carroll
Spearing
Carra
Jonjo (loan)

If it so happens that Lucas(Papa), Gerrard, Allen and Hendo aren't enough cover for the two CM spots then do business in Jan in that area.

Reina
Kelly - Papa - Agger - Enrique
Lucas - Gerrard
Griezmann/Suarez/Jovetic - Jovetic/Coutinho/Suarez - Coutinho/Jovetic/Griezmann
Suarez/Sturridge/Jovetic

Bench: Jones, Borini, Ilori, Johnson, Hendo, Allen, ?????

I don't see Jovetic as realistic for us anymore. Everyday goes by we are further away from his talents. However, the rest of them are very much realistic.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat May 18, 2013 10:18 pm

With my lineup we would even have a game changer from the bench as well because only 4 of Sturridge, Coutinho, Suarez, Jovetic, and Griezmann can play at a time so the 5th can come in from the bench if need be. Rotating the 5 would keep everyone fresh and also on their toes to keep their spots.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun May 19, 2013 1:54 am

Ideal Match Day Squad

Keeper: I'd keep Reina, if not for his shot-stopping then for his leadership on and off the pitch. Continuity is hugely important for a defense and I'd be very wary of changing more than 2 of the 5 back players. Ideally (that's what this is) I'd bring in a good young-ish keeper to train as Reina's understudy and eventual replacement, as preparation for when he wants to return to Spain or fails to continue to pick his form up... one obvious choice here.

Defense: Agger stays, obviously. We need a second CB, also clearly. Given this is "ideal" I'd have a go at Höwedes to partner Agger. I think they can compliment each other well on the pitch. I'd also keep Johnson, as I feel he can offer a lot in our system and again, continuity. Opposite of him I'd have Lahm, who I realize hasn't played LB in a while but has certainly shown that he can.

Midfield: I love our midfield as it was prior to Gerrard's surgery. Gerrard is a living legend and offers so much in all aspects of play. Lucas's attitude and workrate have been inspiring during his time at Anfield. And Henderson is much the same. That said, as a unit they have been inconsistent and Henderson, for all that he offers and his potential, isn't necessarily at the level required for a midfield that would compete with the very best. I'd bring in Strootman as a starter for his versatility. He's got a fantastic passing range and vision, a vicious long range shot, good work rate going both directions, can tackle and is would even provide a more physical presence in midfield that some have called for. He's better at the moment than Henderson and Allen, and could play with either/both in the future as well.

Attack: Müller.

Ideal Team AbEN2bIafS

Bench:
ter Stegen/Leno/Sommer
Skrtel/Kelly
Kelly/Enrique
Allen
Henderson
Coutinho
Borini

OUTS:
Jones
Carragher
Coates
Wilson
Spearing
Downing
Pacheco
Assaidi

INS:
ter Stegen/Leno
Höwedes
Lahm
CDM
Strootman
Müller

I realise there's no true DM on the bench but I honestly wouldn't have on in my matchday squad beyond Lucas. I would certainly look to have another in the season squad, but not necessarily on the bench (someone like Iturraspe). If I wanted to lock down a match I'd bring on Allen or and shift the midfield a bit deeper or Skrtel/Kelly and shift to two banks of 3 defending.

Realistic Match Day Squad

When it comes to "realistic" choices I tend to be intentionally vague as I'm not sure which players will actually be available and there are certainly many players out there who I know nothing about who could suit our needs.

Keeper: No change. Reina and Jones stay.

Defense: Johnson and Enrique may not be as consistent as many would like but I think both have been good overall. Agger stays as well, obviously. I've not seen much of Papadopoulos but if he's as good as people say he'd be first choice both as a signing as a player. Otherwise I'd pick up Alderweireld/Williams and use whichever to compete with Skrtel for a place in the first XI. Personally, I agree with the manager's (reported) assessment that Coates needs a season long loan to get some consistent game experience. I'd bring in de Vrij and use him and Kelly as my CB depth, giving the club 4 or 5 CBs that could potentially step into the first team if required (Agger, Skrtel/Papa, Alderweireld/Williams, de Vrij, Kelly).

Midfield: Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, and Allen provide us with a fairly solid midfield crew to being with. Add to that youngsters and we have a fairly good selection. Clearly though we could use some depth, particularly for Lucas. Assuming Coady won't be ready to make the step up next season, a CDM signing is necessary. Again though, I'm not sure I'd go into most matchdays with a dedicated CDM on the bench.

Attack: A signing to replace Downing would be lovely, but in the squad rather than directly by position. I'd still like to believe we've got a chance at Eriksen, as Dortmund have absolutely no need for the number of attackers they're currently being linked with. I'd also bring in another attacker for depth reasons, a player like a Hoilett/Tello/Weimann/Narsingh/Sinclair... a young, quick wide attacker who could provide some impetus off the bench and potentially change a game via pace and/or trickery, though one who wouldn't expect constant starts; basically what we'd hoped Assaidi would be able to do this season. I'm not sure Hoilett fits into this category anymore but he did at Blackburn and given QPR's relegation he might be available.

Ideal Team AbEN1YyakW

Bench:
Jones
S/P/A/W [Kolo/Skrtel]
Kelly
Allen
Henderson
Another Attacker (wide) [Aspas]
Borini

OUTS:
Carragher
Coates (loan)
Downing
Assaidi
Spearing
Pacheco
Wilson
Skrtel (maybe)

INS:
Papa/Alder/Williams
de Vrij
Iturra/CDM
Eriksen
Tello/Sinclair/Narsingh/whoever[Aspas likely]

Last edited by RedOranje on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Included for (likely) signings)
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 19, 2013 4:54 am

ter Stegen
Johnson Papadapolous Agger Enrique
Lucas Gerrard
Eriksen
E. Salvio ---------------- Coutinho
Suarez

Bench: Jones, Kelly, Skrtel, Henderson, Allen, Sturridge, Borini
Youth to feature next season: Suso, Wisdom, Coady, Yesil, Adorjan, Robinson, Flanno, Sterling.

Skrtel and Papa to rotate.
Sterling, Borini and Coutinho to rotate.
Henderson to play "away games" to replace Eriksen.
Sturridge and E. Salvio to rotate.

In:
Eduardo Salvio from Benfica OR Loic Remy from QPR (and put Suarez on the right).
Papadapolous from Schalke.
Eriksen from Ajax.
ter Stegen from Borussia M'gladbach.

Out:
Stewart Downing (8m-12m)
Andrew Carroll (17m)
Juan Reina (15m-)
Jay Spearing (1m-)
Pacheco (1m-)
Assaidi (part exchange)
-
Coates (loan)
Shelvey (loan)

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 19, 2013 6:01 am

This thread is not really for me. I know very few players and the one I know, tend to forget when needed. So my inputs will not be any better than those in the 'Our Squad' thread.

GK: ideal or real, I would keep Reina simply because we can't attract a similar (let alone better) quality keeper. But ideally I would buy a young keeper who would replace Reina in 2-3 years time. Not some 15-16 year-old who we would 'hope' to be a great in 'future'. Someone who has played (bit-part off-course) in competitive level and shown his potential. If we get such a keeper, I would sell Jones and make him back-up or send him to a weak PL or strong Championship side for first year. Any names guys!

CB: once again, ideal or real, I would buy a CB in the same level (pretty much) of Skrtel & Agger, but younger (21-23) and expect the three to fight for two places.

RWB: my believe is that the ocassional dip in Glen's form is due to lack of rest and competition. With Kelly back to fitness, I expect better returns from this area.

LWB: again, the lack of consistancy is due to lack of cover & competition and we NEED (very badly) a Kelly-quality cover.

Ideally, I see both the back-ups (R&LWB) to be first-choice by 14-15.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 19, 2013 11:39 am

DM/Lucas: another position where we have absolutely no cover. Allen or Henderson are not made for such position and there is nothing in our reserve/youth who can even cover for handfull games. Forget injuries, the notion that Lucas have to play 50 odd games is simply stupid. Ideally I would sign some young player who will actually push Lucas in 1-2 years time but reality dictates a contingency. Someone like Bellamy who can come off the bench and deliver while not insistant on regular time.

CM:

LW/F: ideally I would like to have a Bellamy like (sunset legend) player. Coutinho & Borini are pretty young and the later hasn't played for about a year. It will pay to have a player to come off the bench and use his experience to open-up a game. Reality! None.

RW/F: ideally I want a Coutinho or Sturridge quality player in this position. In reality, I see Sturridge or Suarez taking this position while we sign a Assaidi-quality player.

AM: this is huge gap, specially if we want to persist with 433.

CF/ST: out of our three attackers, two would be playing regularly while Yasil is 2-3 years away from making serious competition. Ideally I would want a CF/ST who is in between Yasil & Sturridge and can play WF, CF, ST.

IDEALLY I WOULD LOVE SOME YOUNG TALENTS FROM GERMANY, EAST EUROPE OR RUSSIA.

This is how I see our team in 2013-14:

----------------Reina---------------
Johnson-New CB-Agger-Enrique
-----------Lucas-Gerrard----------
-------------New AM--------------
Suarez----Sturridge----Coutinho

Bench would come from:
New GK
Kelly
Skrtel
Wisdom
New LWB
New DM
Allen
Henderson
New RW/F
Rahim
Shelvey
Suso
Borini
New CF/ST
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:28 am

70 to 90m pounds to spend but Suarez and (maybe) Skrtel to replace... with Kolo and Aspas already arriving and Papa still a main target; how do you proceed?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:48 am

The only real team that can afford him is Real Madrid.
-Barcelona are riddled with debt and just signed Neymar.
-Juventus can't afford him.
-PSG are going for Rooney and already have Ibra.
-Monaco can only spend so much and just bought Falcao as the centre forward.
-He won't move to another team in England so that rules out Chelsea and City.
-And Madrid do want Bale. (Idiots but still.) I really am certain Luis will stay and give us at least one more season.

BUT IF, a massive IF, but if Suarez gets sold he should go for no less than 50m. Falcao went for around that. Bale is rumoured to go for around that. Torres was sold for 50m, as an injury prone, dis-motivated, and transfer request next to his name. We are absolutely in no pressure to sell Luis, but if a team does offer 60m or more, I would take it and run.

I think many people underestimate the loss with Luis Suarez. Not only do we lose a WC talent, we lose his hunger, never die attitude in games and a leader. He's influence on games. He also has that X-factor about him. He can open up the opposition with ease. His attitude is second to none and he absolutely thrives on performing for Liverpool because it's his boyhood club. He truly loves this club. Which is rare in modern-football. But if he does intend to leave for family reasons, we do have to replace him. Daniel Sturridge is not yet ready to fill the boots of Luis Suarez. I highly doubt he will in the future too imo. But anyway.

So with the 90m Red is asking for:
-Jovetic for 25m as the direct replacement for Luis Suarez.
-Eriksen for that much needed creativity for 12m as we can't rely on Gerrard and Coutinho all season.
-Luis Muriel for 12-15m as he'll be a world beater in a couple of seasons.
-Papa for 12m
-Aaspas for 7m
-Alder for 8m
-Eduardo Salvio for 11m

Reina(Jones)
Johnson/Kelly/Wisdom Alder/Papa Agger/Toure Enrique/Johnson/Robinson
Lucas/Papa
Gerrard/Allen Eriksen/Henderson/Coutinho
Muriel*/Eduardo Salvio/Sturridge ------------------ Coutinho/Jovetic
Jovetic/Sturridge /Muriel

*Not sure if he can play on the right but everybody in the final third will be rotating so it could work.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:23 am

eduardo salvio for 11m

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

i bought him literally 2 days ago on my fifa game... get out of my head.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:34 am

I'll take credit for you signing him. Surprised

by ynwa on Sun May 19, 2013 1:54 pm

In:
Eduardo Salvio from Benfica OR Loic Remy from QPR (and put Suarez on the right).

Immense talent.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:41 am

Higuain has announced he's leaving Madrid, so I'd say they are definitely in the market for a striker. Do they have other options available than Cavani and Suarez? I think one of them will move to Madrid this summer.

New XI !

Ideal Team AbETc42ais

banana
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:18 am

So you'd pocket the 50m and make no efforts to strengthen the team with it, and then play Coutinho in a wide role despite your own arguments that he should be a 10 while playing another forward in the other wide role, thus leaving no attackers in wide areas to put in crosses for a striker that feeds on them? Either that's some incredible sarcasm or you've lost the plot completely.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:34 am

GODDAMMIT!

NEW XI !

Ideal Team AbETdS6aj0

Subs: Jones, Kelly, Toure, Henderson, Sterling, Aspas, Sturridge

banana
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 am

Carroll over Sturridge? Really?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 am

Kick wrote:Carroll over Sturridge? Really?

Any day of the week and twice on Sundays :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:00 am

Art is the biggest Carroll fanboy in the world. Everyone should know this by now. He'd choose him ahead of Messi if he had to choose
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:01 am

Art Morte wrote:GODDAMMIT!

NEW XI !

Ideal Team AbETdS6aj0

Subs: Jones, Kelly, Toure, Henderson, Sterling, Aspas, Sturridge

banana

PLEASE don't put formation in gif (or whatever), I can't view them in my mobile :-(
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Well, that’s that, then. Luis Suarez has made clear his desire to leave the club… Or has he? Depending on the source consulted, Suarez has either signed a contract with Madrid, issued a come and get me plea, publicly demonstrated his frustration with the English media, discussed next season with Brendan Rodgers, or kissed the Liverpool badge whilst standing atop the Royal Liver Building and singing You’ll Never Walk Alone. Given the disparity in reports, it’s safe to say that Suarez’s future at Liverpool is at least uncertain. However, if I were a member of the British Press, I would still invest in a tetanus shot. The flight from Madrid isn’t that long, and they’ve said some very mean things…

In any case, the possibility of Liverpool losing its Uruguayan star before August is very real. Suarez has effectively lead the Forward line for the Reds since arriving in January of 2011, sometimes single-handedly carrying the squad while doing so. Therefore, it’s quite understandable for some supporters to despair at the mere suggestion that he might leave.

At the end of the day, Luis Suarez is only one player in the squad, albeit a very, very good player. He can be replaced, and the squad could even improve as a whole from the reinvestment of his transfer fee. To use a time-worn phrase, “no player is bigger than this club”.

Interestingly, it can be argued that the club is in a far better position to absorb this impact than it would have been last summer. Moreover, this could be less impactful than Fernando Torres’s departure in January of 2011.

In January 2011 and summer 2012, Liverpool’s attack was completely based on one player. In 2011, it was Torres; in 2012, it was Suarez. Both players dictated offensive movement and success. If they were on form, Liverpool won. If they weren’t Liverpool could be easily frustrated. That simply isn’t the case now. In the second half of the 2012-13 season, the attacking impetus has gradually been transitioned onto Phillipe Coutinho’s rather petite shoulders. Finishing has been provided by Daniel Sturridge, supply by Steven Gerrard, and industry from Jordan Henderson.

Part of the reason LFC supporters dread the loss of Suarez is because of how the club handled the spending of the Torres money. In general, there was a gross mis-management of the entire saga. Spending £35 million on Andy Carroll, a good-but-not-great Premiere League striker, was never going to replace one of the best strikers in the world at the time. It was always a show of financial support from management, and little more. However, the ironic thing is that had they been more prudent in the reinvestment of those funds, Liverpool might be in a far better position at the moment.

Should Suarez be sold this summer, there will be no 11th hour bid for a mid-table English striker. There’s not the same pressure to show financial commitment to the club. Liverpool can afford to disperse the money over 2-3 players of serious quality, in addition to the pre-planned summer spending.

A more controversial view on the matter is that the Liverpool squad might actually benefit from Suarez moving on. There’s no question he is a supreme footballer, but it’s difficult to know precisely where/how to play him. He affects the game the most in a central position. However, if he’s the main striker, he drops deep quite a bit to receive possession, limiting the presence in the box. If he plays behind the striker, he’s so offensively minded that there is extra burden on the two remaining midfielders. Play Suarez wide and he can be effective, but it’s far more difficult for him to dictate attacks, which his ability almost demands he be allowed to do.

Without Suarez, Liverpool could be freed to use a more balanced 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, rather than choosing between a variation of 4-4-2 or leaving Sturridge out of the squad. With the funds from his sale, Liverpool could buy a true threat for the RW, a near-world class CM/CAM, and possibly even better cover for Lucas at DM. These three additions could open up so many more tactical options. A side with Suarez in it can only play so many ways. A side with more pieces, all with their own attributes and specialties, can be far more dynamic that a side that caters to a single player’s strengths.

With the money that Suarez could bring in (assuming at least £40-50 million), Liverpool would likely have the funds to purchase Christian Eriksen, Erik Lamela and still get high-quality cover for Lucas (~£15m Eriksen, max ~£20m Lamela, leaving whatever extra for DM cover). This significantly improves our tactical options. Consider these options:

Starters
Ideal Team AbESWILaiU
(Replace Skrtel with his likely replacement Alderweireld/Papadopoulos/whoever.)

Backups
Ideal Team AbESWPkapq

The options above arguably present more balanced sides than are currently available to the club. A frontline of Coutinho, Sturridge and Lamela would offer creativity, finishing, and a nice blend of directness and flair. Eriksen, Gerrard, and Lucas provides a balance of industry, vision, ball retention, and cover. The backline (admittedly with the likely replacement of Skrtel with a new addition) should be improved from last season. Skrtel was bereft of confidence after the first month of the season and looked a shell of our 2011-12 player of the year. Carragher, while crucial to our season, was off the pace. Hopefully a dominant CB can be brought in to plug the hole in the center of our defense. A CB in the mold of Vidic and Kompany would be ideal. It seems that the rumored first-choice target Papadopoulos could be that CB. Here’s hoping LFC can land him this silly-season.

The “second string” also looks considerably more dangerous:
- Borini fully fit and hopefully confident following a stint with the Italian U21s and the addition of Aspas should give us two great impact players. They may even allow us to do something we haven’t been able to consistently do for several seasons: come back from losing positions.
- Sterling and Ibe showed their potential last season, and more opportunities in the first team should be given to them as a result.
- Henderson and Allen should be great options in midfield either for a change in strategy or as cover. They offer different traits than the starters, but could work with or in place of either Eriksen or Gerrard.
- A new DM is something I would love to see. While, Allen can play the recycler-role, he’s not a proper DM and it showed at times last season.
- Suso, is another that could slot in here. Though, I would personally like him to go out on loan to a side that plays flowing, attacking football. Pelase don’t play him wide, though… He’s a waste of space on the wing.
- Toure and Kelly should be good options in as second-choice CBs. I’m legitimately excited for Kelly as a CB, and I think Toure’s signing was shrewd and could really pay off with us losing as many as 3 CBs. Experience is always necessary in a squad’s defensive setup, even if it’s only on the pitch in training.
- I can’t see Wisdom being ready to paly CB in the first-team, yet. However, I think he could be a very good option for a more defense-minded RB.
- We need cover/competition at LB. Enrique drifts in and out of matches too often. A young, promising LB would either push him to perform to his potential, or replace him. It’s a win-win for the club. Personally, I would be over the moon with signing Lucas Digne.

The point here is that should Suarez go, it would not spell disaster for Liverpool Football Club. It would merely be another opportunity to refresh the squad and hopefully strengthen as a unit. While it’s never good to lose of player of his caliber, the funds he could bring would go a long way in fixing the problems in the squad. The concerns of Liverpool supporters are understandable, but perhaps not totally justified in this situation. This is a big window for the club. However, if managed correctly, it could be one that sees the squad significantly improve, even without Luis Suarez.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:51 pm

Sturridge on one leg will be a better player than Carroll
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:53 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Sturridge on one leg will be a better player than Carroll
rofl rofl rofl

The thought of Carroll trying to run onto Coutinho's through-balls. TAlk about wasting both players talent...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:15 pm

We might end up with £90 million from probable sale of Suarez, Carrol, Skrtel, Downing, Spearing, Assaidi & Pacheco. Used wisely, this will improve our starting XI and bench. Who should be our REALISTIC targets! I don't think Eriksen is a realistic target. There are teams with CL prospect.

What should be our REALISTIC targets for the following positions:
1. CB for starting XI
2. LB for back-up
3. Cover for Lucas
4. RW/F for starting XI
5. RW/F for back-up

Papa (if signed) can't be the starting CB and cover for Lucas as that will mean he will not have any rest. I'm assuming Borini & Aspas will rotate for LW/F. I'm also counting on Henderson & Shelvey as back-up for Coutinho.

Again, who are our REALISTIC prospects!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Eriksen's comments in 2013 indicate that he's open to a move to Liverpool despite our lack of European football, and Ajax's recent statements suggest that the Dortmund link is not as strong as previously suggested. I don't think he's unrealistic at all if we're really interested.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next