BeautifulGame
VivaStPauli
Brigate Rossonere
Sushi Master
rwo power
39 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread

Post by Bellabong Wed 8 Jun - 14:05

(Lehmann was already committed to diving before the shot went off o.o)

and of course Kahn. OLIVER KAHN! Wer sonst? WER SONST?

DIE BAYERN DIE BAYERN! - Germany can have their epic commentaries as well, it isn't just Andy gray with OHHHHHHH YOU BEAAUTY.

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: German Goalkeeper Appreciation Thread

Post by rwo power Sun 16 Oct - 11:56

Let's take this out of the BL thread in the GFD Very Happy

My guess is that the three goalkeepers that will be nominated for the EC2012 will be Neuer, Zieler and ter Stegen (barring injuries). Poor René Adler has too much bad luck with injuries, and I'm not sure he can regain his form till the nomination for the EC. Moreover, if Leverkusen can talk Stuttgart into giving them Leno for longer, it is very well possible that even Leno will surpass Adler soon.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun 16 Oct - 13:09

No love for Wiese? He's solid as hell and experienced.

Can't see Loew brining in 2 youngsters for such a high profile tournament.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun 16 Oct - 13:30

Well, Löw does risk to play youngsters, and the two would only be backups and very likely not play anyway. Wiese in the NT hasn't really been good news result-wise so far. ^^

(He played 5 NT matches and Germany lost 2 and drew in 3 of them ^^)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Geo Sun 16 Oct - 15:53

Wiese is on my TOP list of hated players.
He should stay away from the NT as well
Geo
Geo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon 17 Oct - 7:43

Andreas Koepke :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon 17 Oct - 7:49

I guess I'm the only Wiese fanboy here, considering how shit his defense is and how he manages to keep Bremen afloat is impressive to me.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 17 Oct - 9:42

Well, let's say we can be happy that there is such a lot of good keepers at our disposal. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_San_Mia Thu 20 Oct - 2:31

Bernd Leno is a great talent !! he's really impressing me !! and i don't know what adler will do when he's fit !! Neuer's place in the NT isn't secured for ever ... Zieler-Ter Stegen -Leno all have the potential to be germany #1 in the future maybe after WC2014
Mia_San_Mia
Mia_San_Mia
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed 26 Oct - 6:23

Well, I guess we could only rejoice at the blissful blessing that is great GK production line in Germany. I don't really understand who the great German GK currently are, but how do you rate former greats Andreas Koepke, Harald Scumacher, and Bert Trautmann if you have to compare them with let's say Maier and Kahn. eco smile
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 26 Oct - 6:44

Well, Trautmann is a total legend for sure. I mean, playing on with a broken *neck*! That is more than insane. I think his main problem was that the NT coach in his time refused to use players who were gone abroad, otherwise he'd be on the same level with Sepp Maier.

Koepke and Schumacher are okay, but I'd rate them a bit below Maier and Kahn. Of course they were pretty good nonetheless. And don't forget Eike Immel! He was pretty cool, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed 26 Oct - 7:01

Oh, who is Eike Immel, miss? Never heard of him before Embarassed

Trautmann was the only goalkeeper that Yashin considered equal with him, thus playing abroad has to be the reason he was not picked. Well, you guys won in 1954 anyway with Turek (another unknown for me Very Happy ). Truly the best national team in world football Thumbs up
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 26 Oct - 9:54

Eike Immel was a GK for Dortmund, Stuttgart and Manchester City between 1978 and 1997. When he had his BL debut he was a mere 17 years old and he was NT keeper between 1980 and 1988, at the same time with Toni Schumacher. When Immel first kept the German goal, he was the youngest ever BT goalie with only 19.

Furthermore, Immel is the GK with the second most BL matches (534) - number 1 is Oliver Kahn with 557 BL games, and the third most clean sheets during his career (147 - leading that record are Oliver Kahn and Oliver Reck, btw). On the other hand, Immel is also the BL GK with the most goals against (829).

And thanks for the praise of the German NT - I bet Brazilian, Italian and nowadays Spanish fans will beg to differ. But whatever they say, I'm pretty much convinced we have at least the best GKs. Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Mon 7 Nov - 6:42

Danke for the information about this, die Gottin der Torwart-Know-how(?). :bow:
Anyway, this thread should not just extinct like this :flower:
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 7 Nov - 7:06

*blush* But then you are absolutely right!

BTW, did you see the save Neuer made on Sunday in the 1 on 1 against Kapllani? He did a real handball goalie move there, and in fact he repeatedly stated in interviews that he looks at how handball goalies work and tries to incorporate some of that stuff in the way he acts.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon 7 Nov - 9:52

I love how Neuer masks our very disciplined, yet mediocre defense Very Happy

He does indeed get you like 20 points a season, as the Kaiser said.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 7 Nov - 13:34

THe Kaiser always knows best Very Happy

BTW, according to Hoeness, Neuer paid off 1 million Euros of the transfer fee already with keeping the win on Bayern's side on Sunday.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 10 Nov - 9:23

By the way, I just stumbled over a great interview with the German U21 goalkeepers Trapp, Baumann & Leno. It's in German, but I think Google translation should help. It's too long for me to translate it as I'm notoriously lazy. Very Happy

Interview: http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=500014&tx_dfbnews_pi1[showUid]=29977&tx_dfbnews_pi4[cat]=61
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed 16 Nov - 8:20

Hey Miss GK appreciator, I've watched Zieler in action recently, too bad he was bombarded by unstoppable stuffs from Ukraine making it hard to judge how good he is. Very Happy Aww, I still don't have any idea about him.
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 16 Nov - 8:55

Well, you might want to watch some matches from Hannover 96 then. They do play in the EL, so maybe it is not so difficult to catch one or the other match of them there.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed 16 Nov - 9:49

Ah thanks, miss. Anyway I've watched his glorious saves against Sheva and his overall command of area against Ukraine. Ukraine do possess those crazy players though, Kopnalyanko was unbelievably past, no match for the Trash, maybe even faster than Bale. Zieler did well btw, unlike the Ukraine goalie. So he is top ??? in Germany?
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 16 Nov - 10:12

Well, I think Zieler can be considered a top keeper. I hate setting fixed numbers except for Neuer who is very much the Nr.1 of course Very Happy

Right now I'd rate Zieler, ter Stegen and Leno very highly from the young ones who will certainly get their chance in the NT in due time, while you can't say that keepers like Wiese, Weidenfeller or Rensing are really bad either. And of course there are even more upcoming youngsters like Trapp, Ulreich, Baumann and I bet I forgot one or the other still. As I said before - GK is definitely a position where Germany won't have to worry about any time soon.

Last edited by rwo power on Wed 2 Jan - 1:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I so hate silly typos)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed 16 Nov - 10:19

It is nice for you who just love GK, but you don't need 8 GKs for just 3 spots that you'd bring to a short tournament of NTs in which most likely only SuperManu would play. Btw, Germany only have shortage in fullback and striker (after the best 2). eco smile
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed 16 Nov - 11:58

FBs are the worst problem, actually. I have high hopes in Samed Yesil as striker for the future.

BTW, I prefer to have 8 GKs for 3 spots instead of only one for three spots ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 17 Nov - 4:07

I just read that Marc-André ter Stegen extended his contract at Borussia Mönchengladbach with bettered conditions & wages. The highly talented 19-year old youngster who joined the club as little kid in 1996 and played a total of 18 matches in the BL so far, is now contracted until June 30, 2015.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu 17 Nov - 8:18

Wow. Talk about instant impact. Well, GK overload for the Bundesliga.

We might not have the best defenses, but we definitely have the best goalkeepers!
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next