pUsHa
VendettaRed07
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
47 posters

Page 6 of 42 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 42  Next

Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by Firenze Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Best way to play video games? Sitting on a chair on a PC desk, or sitting on the floor with the TV on a TV stand?

how about sitting on a chair/sofa while playing on a tv on the stand/wall

I'm pretty sure that's the most commonly used

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

General Games Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: General Games Discussion Thread

Post by Kaladin Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:24 pm

I maybe a bit old-fashioned but i tend to sit on the floor while playing on consoles

Not that i have any issue with sitting on a chair/sofa, its just a sort of long time habit
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:00 pm

Sitting on my massive leather chair, with my sexy TV on my giant desk next to my laptop and ps3.

With a mini fridge in the Summer so I don't need to walk to the fridge.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Tom when am i getting invited to the Buckingham palace?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:06 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Sitting on my massive leather chair, with my sexy TV on my giant desk next to my laptop and ps3.

With a mini fridge in the Summer so I don't need to walk to the fridge.

Hah, the mini fridge made your post Laughing. I can see myself in the same situation Smile, just that I sold my PS3 a few months ago.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:20 pm

Not gonna lie gentlemen it is a good set-up

RG you must hold some sort of Powerlifting record to enter my humble abode.

Me and Big E Langston were playing FIFA the other day ffs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:32 pm

120cm wide enough for a gaming desk?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:22 am

Finished Mass Effect 2, GOAT ending. :bow:

In my playthrough everyone survived the suicide mission except Jack. couldn't care less, didn't like her character.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Anyone suffering from lack of games? After The Last Of Us, the only thing I've been playing is FIFA 13. This Ramadan has been bad for gaming. Usually I wait for Sehri by playing games, this year Last Of Us had me going for a while, then I only had FIFA. Played some old MP games like Halo, COD, Gears, Injustice but eh nothing is clicking. Did a Breaking Bad re-watch and Song Of Ice And Fire re-read and also got some movies but games is the best waiting for Sehri recipe out there. Last year I had Skyrim, so yeah :lol:there were no complaints at all. I had forseen the lack of games after Last Of Us from the beginning, should have saved the Rockstar Games re-play for this month. The Jan till June phase was crazy, DmC, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, God Of War, Gears Of War, Injustice, Tomb Raider, BioShock, The Last Of Us, and the best part is I had all of them for the price of one full game through borrowing and second hand. The next game I could get is Splinter Cell, with playing all the games released so far in the series, I most probably will get Blacklist too. Then things go crazy again with GTA V, FIFA 14, Batman, Assassin's Creed, Beyond Two Souls, Watch Dogs, Call Of Duty etc. During the first week of Ramadan I had a Mass Effect 2/Mass Effect 3 re-play, reminded me on how brilliant the series is. Did a grand MGS re-play last year, eh Ramadan is almost over. After Eid the madness begins.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm

Join the Fifa Pro Clubs crew brah bounce 

I haven't actually touched any PS3 games really..besides Journey/Flower and FIFA. So it's kind of the opposite for me, I plan on doing Last of Us and Uncharted 2 in the next couple of weeks then I'll just wait for GTA. So many PS3 exclusives I've got to play that It's a little overwhelming and I'm hesitant to start. I'm also a PS+ subscriber and have like 20 decent games I've never played on that..

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:43 pm

I'm playing PES 2013 atm.

Got Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite to get done before GTA 5 and PES 2014 comes out next month.

On Mass Effect 2 its one of my favourite games this gen, i hated Mass Effect 3 though so meh No

Was also my favourite RPG this gen until i played Witcher 2.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:34 am

M99 wrote:Anyone suffering from lack of games? After The Last Of Us, the only thing I've been playing is FIFA 13. This Ramadan has been bad for gaming. Usually I wait for Sehri by playing games, this year Last Of Us had me going for a while, then I only had FIFA. Played some old MP games like Halo, COD, Gears, Injustice but eh nothing is clicking. Did a Breaking Bad re-watch and Song Of Ice And Fire re-read and also got some movies but games is the best waiting for Sehri recipe out there. Last year I had Skyrim, so yeah :lol:there were no complaints at all. I had forseen the lack of games after Last Of Us from the beginning, should have saved the Rockstar Games re-play for this month. The Jan till June phase was crazy, DmC, Crysis 3, Dead Space 3, God Of War, Gears Of War, Injustice, Tomb Raider, BioShock, The Last Of Us, and the best part is I had all of them for the price of one full game through borrowing and second hand. The next game I could get is Splinter Cell, with playing all the games released so far in the series, I most probably will get Blacklist too. Then things go crazy again with GTA V, FIFA 14, Batman, Assassin's Creed, Beyond Two Souls, Watch Dogs, Call Of Duty etc. During the first week of Ramadan I had a Mass Effect 2/Mass Effect 3 re-play, reminded me on how brilliant the series is. Did a grand MGS re-play last year, eh Ramadan is almost over. After Eid the madness begins.

hmm even though rammadan is nearing its end id advise you to look up a few old games that you missed out on

and btw anyone played tomb raider
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:54 pm

The new Everquest looks like it's going to be amazing from the few clips I have seen so far.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:58 pm

Considering PES 2014 comes out next month i'll just post this here....

I'm simply amazed how much PES 2013 has nailed Fabregas in Barca tactics Laughing

I used Cesc and Sergi Roberto just to try something different.

You instantly notice the difference without Xavi.... Cesc struggles to control games and is just slow in every department.

When i say slow, i'm talking about his off the ball movements are nowhere near Xavi's as is ball control and agility on and off the ball.

But give him space in final third he can pick out some ridiculous passes which can lead to chances.

Just like in real life you need to play Cesc advanced to get anything from him and i was quite shocked to see how realistic it was.

I was 3-1 down because of this and on the hour mark i decided to bring on Xavi and Iniesta and ended up winning 6-3 aet. Laughing

Just thought i'd share for some reason. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:12 pm

That subtle PES hype Laughing

Still sticking with FIFA :coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Nah wasn't that Laughing

Just mentioning it because i was quite shocked by how realistic it was.

Besides i don't expect you or anyone to play PES 2013 its still a PS2 game at its core sadly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Finally playing through Uncharted 2 after my used PS3 debacle..

Enjoying it so far, characters seem cool
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:01 am

Just completed Tomb Raider.

Very different from the original Tomb Raider's but i think it might be better for it.

I enjoyed everything about this from the exploring, platform sequences, the story and the combat.

I love the island they built as well, looking forward to see how they expand the story and the setting as i imagine there will be sequels now.

Definitely one of my favorite games i have played this year.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:43 am

after playing the Uncharted games recently I feel like they straight up jacked the formula from that for Tomb Raider
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:57 am

Not abad thing tbh

Uncharted was just out of this fkn world.

Can't wait to see what ND can do on ps4.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:56 am

Different kind of Tomb Raider, it's more of action game now rather than platform/ puzzle like old ones. They actually did some research and the size of the tombs in the game is realistic unlike those huge ones from previous games. I like this naive Lara, fleshed out, although her body counts in the game rival Max Payne Very Happy and her physical condition is at level of Wolverine. Make you wonder how she turned from this girl to cold blood sociopath.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:05 pm

Firenze wrote:after playing the Uncharted games recently I feel like they straight up jacked the formula from that for Tomb Raider
I know a lot of people say that but im really not seeing it, even if its quite similar in some aspects its really a lot different in general.

Also besides its really irrelevant as its arguable that the uncharted ideas were basically ripped from the original Tomb Raider games.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Did anyone buy Rome Total War 2?

It's a great game, just has some graphics but atm bug they already announced a couple of patches.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Just completed Tomb Raider.

Very different from the original Tomb Raider's but i think it might be better for it.

I enjoyed everything about this from the exploring, platform sequences, the story and the combat.

I love the island they built as well, looking forward to see how they expand the story and the setting as i imagine there will be sequels now.

Definitely one of my favorite games i have played this year.
Yeah, liked Tomb Raider too. 3rd fav game of the year behind BioShock and Last Of Us.

Currently playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Man I am loving it. It is very much like Chaos Theory which was freakin awesome. Finally, after 8 years we get the true sequel Chaos Theory deserved. Several gameplay elements from Conviction has also been borrowed, there are three playstyles: Ghost (classic Splinter Cell, non lethal stealth), Panther (Conviction, lethal stealth) and Assault (full combat). Aside from the single player, the co-op and multiplayer is awesome too. Spies vs Mercs, that Pandora Tomorrow vibe :bow: They borrowed all the best things from every Splinter Cell game :bow:

Except for Michael Ironside...

Seriously, Sam Fisher is Benjamin Button. Getting younger and faster as he grows older. Still great game. Might overtake Tomb Raider once I'm done with it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:21 pm

Destiny's box cover

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1381359_10151957599876803_495503936_n.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 pm

New Killzone on PS4 is going to have dedicated servers apparently.

That is fantastic news for the PS4 in general tbh, if one of their first titles is going to have it then its very likely you'd imagine that most if not all PS4 online titles will have it also.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 42 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 42  Next