We are at Fault and We lacked Maturity

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: We are at Fault and We lacked Maturity

Post by Mr Nick09 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Arbeloa has started looking for a new job yet?

Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman on Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:48 am

Such a classy act this Arbeloa is. At the first while, you never would guess he plays for a corrupt institution like that of Real Madrid.
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:57 pm

@sportsczy wrote:http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/06/07/seleccion/1370607301_125907.html

Albiol interview on AS. People need to read this.

On Iker and Arbeloa: "Their relationship has been deteriorating and now it is bad. As a teammate of both and because i like them both, i would like it to improve."

On Mou: "He's gone now. He was a problem for everyone."

Interview is great. But the quotes you posted are incorrect (in red)

The first is:

Parece que Arbeloa y Casillas se están mandando mensajitos sin nombrarse, ¿cómo ve Albiol que están las cosas entre ellos?

Does it seem like Casillas and Arbeloa could be sending messages to one another without naming names? How does Albiol see how thing currently are between the two?

Si se ha enfriado la relación entre ellos me gustaría que volviera a la normalidad.
Yes, you could say their relationship as "cooled" and as their teammate I'd like to see things return to normal.

¿Pero nota que se ha enfriado la relación?
But have you noticed yourself, the cooling of their relationship?

Ha podido enfriarse un poco, pero de ahí a llevarse mal, tampoco. Como compañero de los dos y porque los aprecio a los dos, me gustaría que se arreglaran las cosas.

Yes, I can say it's possibly cooled, but to go as far as to say they aren't talking/bad relationship, no. As their teammate, I appreciate the both of them, and I would like for things to get resolved/fix"

¡Las que lío Mou!
"Such problems brought to us from Mou"

Ahora ya se ha ido. Fue un problema de todos.
He has left now. The problem was from all of us (all parties etc)

*im on my iphone I will hop on my laptop to re edit if it seems a bit messy

FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Fixed. Google translate failed me:

On Iker and Arbeloa: "Their relationship has been getting colder, but for you to say it is bad, no. As a teammate of both and because i like them both, i would like it to improve."

On Mou: "He's gone now. It was a problem for everyone."

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Much better than my translation. Spain dialect and getting the right English word can be a bit tough for me.

Thanks
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 on Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 pm

so Albiol saying Arbeloa and Iker have a mutual relationship. Well then our problem looks like it won't go away Rolling Eyes
halamadrid2
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:40 am

@sportsczy wrote:Fixed. Google translate failed me:

On Iker and Arbeloa: "Their relationship has been getting colder, but for you to say it is bad, no. As a teammate of both and because i like them both, i would like it to improve."

On Mou: "He's gone now. It was a problem for everyone."

Aha, it's all clear now. You google translate your opinion, and you even can't do that right, lol!

If the haters at AS got the quote you were insinuating it would have made front page and there'd be 10 opinions and articles on what that actually means. Now there is just Xavi and Iniesta throwing more hate on Mou, which is pathetic to be honest. Most barcelona assholes are very poor losers and despicable human beings to be honest.

But more interesting is Iker's interview where he talks about Arbeloa saying mostly the truth - another shocker, right?
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:58 am

Firstly - the translated version of Sports is about correct. It gets across Albiol's intended message.

Secondly - another one who only reads headlines? or selective quotes?. I'm disappointed, because for your criticism of everyone else - that seems exactly what you are doing.

Sus últimos cuatro meses: “Se me han hecho largos, pero también hay que buscarle un lado bueno y es que ahora puedo saborear mejor momentos como este”.

Rival muy sencillo: “La verdad es que yo lo afronté de manera diferente. Estoy contento, pero también me encontraba nervioso porque he pasado mucho tiempo sin jugar un partido”.

Titular: “Yo me veo luchando por el puesto, pero ya he dicho que parto en desventaja respecto a mis compañeros. Pelearé con Pepe y Víctor para intentar ayudar al equipo”.

El calvario en el Madrid: “Ahora sólo quiero pensar en la Copa Confederaciones. Está claro que en el Madrid no hemos cumplido con los objetivos de ganar la Copa y la Champions. Pero ahora empieza una nueva temporada y un nuevo momento con la Selección”.

La defensa de Arbeloa a Mourinho: “Tiene su punto de vista y no hay que darle más vueltas. Lo importante es que he regresado para jugar. ¿Hablar con él? No hay nada de lo que hablar. Es su opinión y hay que respetarle. Además, tiene gran parte de razón en lo que dice”.

On the last four months - They have been very long, but you also have to look for the positives, which is that now, I can savour better moments like this.

The Madrid Ordeal - At the moment, I just want to focus on the Confederations Cup, It's clear that Madrid haven't met the objectives of winning the Cup and the CL, but now a new season begins and new time with the national team.

On Arbeloa - He has his opinion and that's the way it is. The important thing is that I've returned to play. Talk to him? there is nothing to talk about. It's his opinion and I respect it. Also there is alot of truth in what he says.

To me Iker makes it pretty clear that he doesn't share Arbeloa's views but rather but rather avoid talking about the season and/or make any conflict of opinions privy to newspapers.

World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:47 pm

@Le Samourai wrote:Firstly - the translated version of Sports is about correct. It gets across Albiol's intended message.

Secondly - another one who only reads headlines? or selective quotes?. I'm disappointed, because for your criticism of everyone else - that seems exactly what you are doing.

To me Iker makes it pretty clear that he doesn't share Arbeloa's views but rather but rather avoid talking about the season and/or make any conflict of opinions privy to newspapers.

Actually, Sport's second version is correct, not the first one which he wanted "everyone to read". Albiol's intended message? For me, it was to assign blame to everyone and not exclusively Mourinho which is exactly what the reporter intended if you read/saw the interview. In fact, he tries to bait him into it.

As for Iker, I agree it is obvious he and Arbeloa are not very friendly and that he avoids the subject, but unless it was sarcasm the sentence "Ademas, tiene gran parte de razon en lo que dice" literally means there is a lot of truth (sense, if it's literal translation) in what he is saying so where did I get it wrong? And you don't need to google translate me the articles, I speak Spanish. I did read the whole interview and I hope you are a bit less disappointed now that you know that.

Btw, I am not criticising people for reading headlines, far from it. I am criticising people for buying into every headline and shutting their brain off until the headline changes.
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:59 pm

Right, in reading the entire interview, do you feel that Iker is saying Arbeloa is "mostly correct" or that he simply wants to avoid the matter and quash any sense of conflict between him and Arbeloa. Because, to me, it's clearly the latter.
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:38 pm

@Le Samourai wrote:Right, in reading the entire interview, do you feel that Iker is saying Arbeloa is "mostly correct" or that he simply wants to avoid the matter and quash any sense of conflict between him and Arbeloa. Because, to me, it's clearly the latter.

I guess you could make the case for both sides, but to me the very fact he adds it (... It's his opinion and you have to respect it. Also, ...) means he agrees with Arbeloa on some points. Again, I agree he would rather not discuss it in public but I read this as Iker referring to what Arbeloa said about the players letting themselves down rather than Mourinho failing and agreeing with him to a certain degree. Or he might be agreeing with Arbie's words that Lopez and Adan also deserve respect, who knows.

Also, I can't see this strained relationship continuing for too long as they are international and club team mates (who brought up the idea of Arbie being up for sale anyway?). They'll agree to disagree and patch it up if they haven't already.
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top