free_cat
60 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Neymar JR: O Galo do Barça - Page 20 Empty Re: Neymar JR: O Galo do Barça

Post by Myesyats Wed May 11, 2016 3:48 pm

À bout de souffle wrote:
futbol wrote:
À bout de souffle wrote:Experience, sure. Sad  He's the same hotshot who turned down Gündogan for Arda. His knowledge outside of LL is unflaterring, his squad rotation rigid and so is his man-management, I hope to God, he doesn't renew, or we will be looking like Celta in few years time.  

Celta were fighting relegation when Lucho took over. Since he laid the foundations, they are fighting for a CL place. hmm

For his Celta exploits there is also the one at Roma. Neither is conclusive, given the short sample. I've credited him for his debut season at Barca, he's done alright but he's also shown to lack foresight and long term planning. Doesn't help, he's become Barto's YESman.
These are some big words. I'd give him one more season to fully judge him. A few bad games doesn't instantly make him a muppet -- and he's still going to win 2 trophies this season so yeah... I will wait to see how he walks into his 3rd season.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed May 11, 2016 7:19 pm

The objective should never be trophies alone(especially short term). The objective should also include style of play and long term planning.
Enrique has been so-so when it comes to style of play. And an abject failure when it comes to long term planning. Pep left behind a great squad which is still immense today. Enrique will leave behind an aging squad and the new manager will have to do a lot of rebuilding.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed May 11, 2016 7:29 pm

alexjanosik wrote:The objective should never be trophies alone(especially short term). The objective should also include style of play and long term planning.
Enrique has been so-so when it comes to style of play. And an abject failure when it comes to long term planning. Pep left behind a great squad which is still immense today. Enrique will leave behind an aging squad and the new manager will have to do a lot of rebuilding.

This.
I wouldn't change a word in that. The approach of LE from beginning has been more towards reaping than sowing. Hence we get signings like Turan.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed May 11, 2016 7:38 pm

To add to Alex consider this, We the freaking Barcelona, the team that had Fabregas and thiago on bench at some time have no proper CM. Let that sink in.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed May 11, 2016 10:13 pm

Pep left behind: Fabregas, Pedro, aging Xavi, Cuenca, Tello, broken leg David Villa, cancer patient Abidal, half-retired Puyol etc. etc. A lot of players nearing retirement or not good enough to begin with. And a style of play that was figured out by everyone.

He left behind Busquets and that's about the only legit "youth work" he did in his entire coaching career so far. 3 years at Bayern and not a single Bayern youth product made the step up under him. Even his beloved Thiago sat on the bench when push came to shove behind 35 year old Alonso.

Glad we talked about it though.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 12, 2016 2:52 pm

Agree with futbol as well.

LE won't be leaving an aging squad. They will get rid of all the deadweight this summer.

He just called back Denis Suarez, he has legit faith in Rafinha and Roberto for instance.

We can argue about the style - that it could be better - but he's doing well enough taking into account the roster he has at hand.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu May 12, 2016 4:08 pm

futbol conveniently ignoring Masch,Pique, Alves, Thiago( Pep brought him through), Pedro.
That is a solid group that he personally signed or brought up. NTM the likes of Messi, Iniesta etc whose play he elevated.
But yeah, please continue with the revisionism.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by À bout de souffle Thu May 12, 2016 5:10 pm

alexjanosik wrote:futbol conveniently ignoring Masch,Pique, Alves, Thiago( Pep brought him through), Pedro.
That is a solid group that he personally signed or brought up. NTM the likes of Messi, Iniesta etc whose play he elevated.
But yeah, please continue with the revisionism.

I'm no Pep advocate, far from it. But I was about to point the same. The heart of Lucho's defence and midfield bears Pep's imprints. He's benefiting from Pep's work just as he did with the B team.
À bout de souffle
À bout de souffle
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun May 15, 2016 11:23 am

He has such an ungrateful job currently servicing tap-in master, hopefully he will stay, we have to buy proper attacking midfielder next season and MN can start attacking again, not needing to create everything.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:17 am

Renewed until 2021 cheers
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:46 am

Major issue resolved. Congrats to Bart and the board. All the elites were circling around him like vultures and his father and agent were actively pushing for a move.
How much is he getting?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:01 pm

Apparently we have made him the highest paid player on the planet. He will reportedly be paid 25 mil after taxes. That is a huge amount. Now Messi will demand a better contract than Neymar's. NTM Masch and Busquets still to be renewed.
I am a bit confused.
Wasnt the board in trouble because the wages had crossed the permissible limit? So how then are they going to manage this and the inevitable Messi renewal?
More financial shenanigans, this time with the accounting.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:31 pm

probably not true but i saw this tweet...
https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/17/70/91/59/neymar10.png

wouldn't look into it just yet until a credible source says something
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:15 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Apparently we have made him the highest paid player on the planet. He will reportedly be paid 25 mil after taxes. That is a huge amount. Now Messi will demand a better contract than Neymar's. NTM Masch and Busquets still to be renewed.
I am a bit confused.
Wasnt the board in trouble because the wages had crossed the permissible limit? So how then are they going to manage this and the inevitable Messi renewal?
More financial shenanigans, this time with the accounting.

The board has to keep EBITDA within a certain range iirc, but that is also dependent on revenues. Perhaps they have something in the bag for the sponsorship deal?

Also according to France Football Neymar will now make only 20 gross, whereas Messi makes 36 gross (I know Free disputes this figure).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:05 pm

I highly doubt those figures. PSG reportedly offered him 40 after tax. I can accept that he took less to play for us. But no way did he accept less than half of what PSG were offering. Only way that works is if we pumped another 40 mil into his dad's company.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:55 pm

These are reported Salaries before tax by Spain's papers.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/album/2016/07/02/5777a423468aeb920c8b45b0.html
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:38 pm

yeah i wouldn't trust marca, there's a reason why our players protest them in post game interviews

contract was only just signed yesterday no paper is really reliable too early for leaks etc.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Neymar had 1 peak month in his career. last season between october and november. Seems he will never have such form again. The reason is his weight. Gained weight and lost his dribbling and agility
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:51 am

When will this myth about "dribbling ability" being lost due to weight change end. You have to do a CR and completely change your body, 5-10 lbs over your natty is gonna help you, not hurt you. Neymar is still slim, he's 155ish now and he's bulky Laughing kebabs logic Laughing

Mahrez for example is actually struggling because he is too skinny and last season burnt him out because he has zero muscle.

Ronaldo only really lost dribbling ability during the 11/12 season (where he had the gold kits) he was seriously topping out at 190-195 lbs at a higher bf%
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:06 pm

I'm starting to really worry for Neymar. He's been crap for more than half a year now. We need the 2015 Neymar back to be at our best. Messi and Suarez won't do everything by themselves...

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Whoever gained a little weight became a worse dribbler. Opposite never happened. Neymar always had muscle, he is a sportsman. what changed now is his weight. with same muscles he must carry more weight. and lost his agility a little bit. he needs more muscles to carry more weight. To do this he must spend his time in gym. Even gym will not help much, you will lose it if you dont do it frequently
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:40 pm

How do you know he gained weight?

IMO he looks skinnier than ever lol.

Neymar JR: O Galo do Barça - Page 20 0.28817200-1473541207

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:04 am

You don't "lose muscle" if you're just 5-10 above your natural weight. Eating more or less is the real factor in weight gain. No, putting on a few pounds does not effect your dribbling. Like I said, you need to go extreme (Cristiano) where you put on 40-50 (at one point it was)

Exactly my point mye, the weight gain is not even noticeable. Lol.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:58 am

Best of luck to Neymar in his new venture. I can respect that he wants to be his own man and he will always be the Robin to Messi's Batman at Barca, if that's what motivates his move, and that PSG are the only team in the world that can pay for his transfer.

If it's just for money I can't fathom how much different your life could be if you go from making 25m a year to 50m but whatever.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:17 am

I don't necessarily blame him with the money involved, and like BC I hope it's that he wants his "own team" (though tbh, I find that insanely egotistical and I'm not sure why one would want that over playing with the likes of Suarez and Messi, but that's none of my business)...regardless, I wish him the best.

Watching him play with us was an absolute joy and I'm saddened by this more than anything because I strongly believed and would have supported Neymar being our central star after Messi moves on, but I guess it wasn't to be.

I'll be excited to see what he does with PSG and on the other hand, we're receiving a helluva transfer fee and we don't have to deal with his enormous wages going forward. I think this will allow Barca to rebuild a squad that needs a bit of revitalization.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:16 am

Yea I dont really understand the wanting to be the main star and stepping out of Messi's shadow thing, I hope thats just a small part of it, the main one being the money obviously.... cant blame him for that.

Really enjoyed watching him for us and thought he was going to be our main guy for years to come too...

Im still not sure whether I'll support him at PSG though, still feeling a bit unhappy he chose to leave, but PSG certainly with an exciting team now.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next