goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 2 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:19 am

Said the same thing about Cat too lol

Am i the only one who wanted Cat to die? Cuss she basically got her entire family killed, encouraged Ned to go to Kings Landing >> Dies there, Free's the Kingslayer, making her house vulnerable , abandon's her two youngest Son's to fend for themselves. She was the sole reason they lost this war and one of the main culprits for starting it as well, by capturing and wrongfully accusing Tyrion of attempted murder. As a player in the game of thrones she was clearly the weakest of them all, deserved to die.

Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 2 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Benjen is missing since Book 1, not dead. GRRM has no qualms of viciously killing people, I am sure he's still alive somewhere beyond the wall.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:28 pm

M99 wrote:Benjen is missing since Book 1, not dead. GRRM has no qualms of viciously killing people, I am sure he's still alive somewhere beyond the wall.

Benjen is probably that unnamed skeleton/corpse that helped Sam and Bran.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:35 pm

Btw, I dislike Aegon Targaryen, don't know how you can like a little prick like him.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:58 pm

You mean Coldhands? I was sure of that too until someone pointed out that Coldhands is said to have died very long ago while Benjen is missing for 2 or 3 years maybe. I still think there is the possibility of Coldhands being Benjen, he is definitely a former member of the Nightswatch.

Aegon The Fake is not that bad, I just don't like him because he is fake :coffee:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Dammit...
I was convinced that Aegon was the real Aegon despite the discussions regarding his fakeness. Anyway the clue regarding a cloth dragon from the house of the undead as someone mentioned earlier has almost convinced me. Now, who is the third dragon? Dont say Tyrion, plz. He IS a Lannister.
Anyway if Aegon is anything Varys mentioned that he is, he will be the best King.

And regarding Benjen... I think he is one of those characters that GRRM will not ever mention again in the books. Him being dead and lost forever somewhere in the Forest makes sense. Even though it is cruel, bringing him back so late into the series will be too far-fetched. I thought coldhands was him, but it seems he was long dead. I will be pissed if GRRM bring him back as the great Other.
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:42 pm

Can anyone remind me who ser Robert is set to fight in the next book I can't seem to recall.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 pm

I started the books all over again. I'm planning on rereading all 5 books again this summer.

One great thing I noticed is the amazing foreshadowing in almost every other passage.

Take a look at this quote from page 37 from AGOT

"When he opened the door, the light from within threw his shadow
clear across the yard, and for just a moment Tyrion Lannister stood tall as a king."

Clear forshadowing of Tyrion's short rain as Hand of the King.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:56 pm

btw Stannis is on the way out for sure

Melisandre never left Stannis's side aside from when she killed the commander at storms end (aiding Stannis) and at Blackwater when she was ordered too...

Then after constantly seeing Jon Snow in the fires, she decides to let Stannis travel through a blizzard without her while she stays with Jon...I think she has began to understand that she was wrong about Stannis and she leaving him out in the cold (literally), abandoning him
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:29 pm

http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/mlarchives/faq/prophecies.html

^^This link explains all the prophecies in the 1st 3 books. Even Stanniss' fool had foretold the RW :facepalm:
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:53 am

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 2 Tumblr_lrj3nwUWRS1qax2xho1_500

I am upset at myself for even seeing this...now that I have seen it, anyone else getting cast as Oberyn will be a huge disappointment - Oded Fehr :bow:

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:17 pm

:bow:
Oded Fehr from Mummy is almost how I would picture the red viper.
Imagine the shitstorm when he dies Laughing . That was the most troll moment for me as a reader.

btw, has anyone read the sample chapters from the winds of winter? (I think there is a barristan and theon chapter). Thoughts, anyone?
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:24 pm

goonbrain wrote::bow:
Oded Fehr from Mummy is almost how I would picture the red viper.
Imagine the shitstorm when he dies Laughing . That was the most troll moment for me as a reader.

btw, has anyone read the sample chapters from the winds of winter? (I think there is a barristan and theon chapter). Thoughts, anyone?

i was LIVID at that death... it was the stupidest way to die, yet still so in character. ugh i was so pissed off.

haven't read any of the chapters, i want the full book before i look at anything.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:27 pm

#Justice4Oberyn

Maybe my favorite character, dat perspective ffs

Just thinking of his death fills me with an uncontrollable rage... not the fact that he died, but the manner was disgraceful and infuriating
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Swanhends wrote:#Justice4Oberyn

Maybe my favorite character, dat perspective ffs

Just thinking of his death fills me with an uncontrollable rage... not the fact that he died, but the manner was disgraceful and infuriating

And the fact that it was so damn avoidable.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Do you think they will show the infamous RobbWind in the finale? Or will it just be mentioned like in the books?

Oh and if Oberyn just wore a visor :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:50 pm

I'm interested to see what Sansa will be doing though - mostly because Littlefinger will be controlling her behind the scenes. With so many of the top people dead either him or Mace is the most powerful man in the kingdoms now (maybe Doran as well).

But Bolton is fighting Ironmen and Stannis....no idea who rules the west now...or the kingdom in general(Mace I guess).

Littleginfer is gonna quietly take over Riverrun and the North I think.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:03 am

Not sure, but I really hope this is just a bad Photoshop

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 2 5IC3sET

I've heard they also potentially put his wife's head on Grey winds body so they have the Wolf King and his b$tch.

If they do that I'll probably go on a 24 hour bender of rage.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:12 am

I expected more, but overall a decent episode, but not a great "finale".
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:23 am

Chose everyone's favorite denizen of the Friend Zone, Ser Jorah Mormant, as my avatar.

I absolutely love what happened to him in Feast of Crows then Dance with Dragons. Always been one of my favorite characters outside of Westeros.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:26 am

Arya's future f*cking fascinates me ffs, that GOAT scene in the episode last night just piqued my interest even further

I wouldn't mind if her whole plot becomes her murdering every single gottdamn person that ever wronged her during the first however many books - although I think (and I hope) that she is destined for greater things than that

The interesting thing though is that from my understanding at least, faceless men are not exactly free to do as they please, it seems more like they are servants of their god (not all that dissimilar to Melisandre/Thoros and R'hllor tbh) - and she wouldn't be able to use her powers for revenge anyway

But at the same time, she has been cheating throughout the process (warging to pass tests, hiding needle etc) so perhaps she will be free in ways that other faceless men are perhaps not? hmm

write the next book you lazy fat slob ffs
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:07 am

To those of you who have read the books, how does it feel knowing what will happen while you are watching the show?

I have friends and brothers who have read all the books so far and cant wait for the episodes. I have one friend will start reading the books again.
I have started reading the first book and will only go as far as second lol.
Any advice should I read the rest of the books?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:04 am

I love both and there are things each medium has done better than the other. However, there are just certain things that the show will never be able to convey, but that's because they don't have a 1,000 pages to make sure every pertinent detail and potential important back story is covered.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:25 pm

Wow they showed RobbWind Shocked

Kinda surprised at no Lady Stoneheart.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by goonbrain Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:50 pm

M99 wrote:Wow they showed RobbWind Shocked

Did you seriously expect them to bring Lady Stoneheart so early? Introducing her in the epilogue had a great effect for the readers. I would expect them to reveal her in the late episodes of season 4, preferably the finale. The viewers need time to completely let go of Robb and Cat. Bringing her this early would undo all the things that the RW had done on the viewers. They would totally forget them by the end of season 4 because of the introduction of new great characters and the uncountable wtf moments. Imagine the shock when one of the most impressive/hated characters in the show returns as a merciless zombie?

I am sure that the next season will be better :bow:
goonbrain
goonbrain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:25 pm

goonbrain wrote:
M99 wrote:Wow they showed RobbWind Shocked

Did you seriously expect them to bring Lady Stoneheart so early? Introducing her in the epilogue had a great effect for the readers. I would expect them to reveal her in the late episodes of season 4, preferably the finale. The viewers need time to completely let go of Robb and Cat. Bringing her this early would undo all the things that the RW had done on the viewers. They would totally forget them by the end of season 4 because of the introduction of new great characters and the uncountable wtf moments. Imagine the shock when one of the most impressive/hated characters in the show returns as a merciless zombie?

I am sure that the next season will be better :bow:

Weakest finale yet as there was no epic cliffhanger. Season 1 dragons. Season 2, white walker. Season 3...that's why I expected Lady Stoneheart. Or at least some hints or implications. The timeline fits and Season 4 will end with Jon being Lord Commander, Arya going to Braavos, Tyrion escaping, Dany ruling Meeren etc.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next