goonbrain
Le Samourai
Motogp69
Dante
BarrileteCosmico
36 posters

Page 29 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 29 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Didn't know where to post my post-AFFC thoughts since the other thread doesn't allow book talk so here I go.

It was a better read than anticipated after reading reviews of the book, I really enjoyed it.

To get in more detail, my first impression of Doran Martell was what an asshole, but then Arianne's last chapter came and bam it blew me away, he's planning for the long run. Can't wait to see how Daenerys receives Quentyn. Dorne is *bleep* ace.

The Greyjoy uncles are crazy bastards, I don't think I like any of the Greyjoys bar Asha and Euron is an asshole. I wouldn't mind if Tyrell/Redwyne crush these clowns soon.

Cersei just lmao, I think EVERY decision she makes is wrong, I lol'd when Aurane Waters stole her brand new ships Laughing. She selected her own small council yet blamed them all useless while ignoring Pycelle, the only one who wasn't being a yesman the whole time and was speaking some sense.

Jaime, I never thought I'd say this but he's one of my favourite characters now, he has realized Cersei has been playing him for a fool the whole time and is slowly redeeming himself. His dialogue with Edmure was one of the best and he has the best one-liners by far.

Will soon get on ADWD so I can read and discuss all the theories and finally be free of spoilers bounce

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 29 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by Dante Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:05 am

if you enjoyed AFFC , you will absolutely love ADWD.

Have fun , sweet summer child Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:08 am

Loved AFFC but ADWD was around the same level as ASOS Proud

Although I read it combined so my experience was different.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:20 am

I know i am tempted to start a reread , but i can't get through this again.. when i finished ADWD and i realised it would take years to read TWOW , it sucked so much lol

Only when Winds gets a definite release date i am starting a reread , no way i am left with nothing again.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:20 am

Forgot to mention that I was completely SHOCKED to hear that Davos got his head chopped off in White Harbor, I mean WHAT THE *bleep*, he was my favourite, it's got to be some misinformation, what is STANNIS going to do without his onion knight Sad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:21 am

Sad RIP Davos
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:21 am

Yea was shocked to read that too. One of my favourite characters Sad

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:49 pm

"It is always cold on the Wall."

"You think so?"

"I know so, my lady"

"Then you know nothing, Jon Snow" she whispered" :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:01 pm

lmfao I posted exactly that when I read that passage. Back somewhere around page 20 Proud

One of the GOATEST Passage of GOT
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Some speculation on season 5. Don't read urban.

Spoiler:

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:19 pm

I am also worried about casting changes. At first my reaction was whatever, not every new cast member will be announced, and especially ones that are supposed to be surprising. But now that they're well into filming I'm at least surprised there haven't been leaked pictures, rumors, etc about the new characters if they were included. I'm now in the A will not be in the TV series camp, which does not bode well for his relevance in the future of the books (ie he's the biggest red herring in the history of fantasy).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:27 am

Spoiler:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:05 am

Spoiler:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Respect for Jon Snow just went up 100%

Executing Janos Slynt the Stark way :bow:

Stannis' approval, what a great moment!!!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:07 am

Proud "Ed, fetch me a block," is one of my favourite moments of the entire series.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:23 am

Just read an awesome idea of Young Griff in the show.

once again urban dont read:

Right now this is our best hope as he or anyone resembling him have not been cast or spotted in the shooting. And if there is any hope for Euron, he has to be Daario.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:33 am

Yupp that would be amazing.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:30 am

Spoiler:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Greyjoy family tree from HBO's Inside Game Of Thrones.

Spoiler:

Well at least Euron is there. I can see Asha Yara taking Victarion's role in the story. Maybe Euron will go up against Yara in the Kingsmoot and after he wins commands her to go to Essos and bring him Daenerys. There would be conflict between Yara and Euron because she suspects he is behind her father's death, instead of the whole Euron-Victarion wife screwing debacle.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:44 pm

dostoevsky wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm still not convinced this will not happen either. No reason this could not have waited until next season.

Although, again, rumors do not seem to corroborate this story.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Damn, Rhaegar's/Elia's son is alive Laughing

What a twist! One more contender for the Iron Throne with a better claim (not that it matters much), supported by Varys & the Golden Company. Varys you sly dog, just as I was wondering what he's up to Proud

I wonder what this means for Varys' and Illyrios future plans, why did they give the eggs to Daenerys if they were supporting Aegon all along? I guess I just have to continue reading.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Finally finished book 5, so now I can be part of the cool club!

One of my favourite lines had to be "Oh. And then he screamed."

Poor Dragontamer. Sad I genuinely was sad about his fate. I liked his character a lot.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:34 pm

Quentyn Martell was likeable , but i distinctly recall whilst reading, questioning what he trully expected to achieve once he got to Daenerys , it was obvious to the reader his plan would probably fail. And his Dragontamer plan was... madness . It took him and his fellowship hard blows to even get near Daenerys and then .. 'oh' .

Having said that , i remember reading a couple of theories which suggest perhaps Quentyn survived . I don't buy into that , but maybe you would like to read about it. However , there might be Winds sample chapter material in these theories , procceed at your own risk .

Anyway , welcome mate , you are no longer a child of summer Proud .

Also . Benjen .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:22 am

I finished Dance too just recently. I'm one of those weirdos who liked Feast more Laughing

The whole Tyrion/Daenerys/Quentyn/Victarion/Slavers meet up was potentially very interesting and then it dragged and it dragged and it dragged some more and just when I thought "OK this is totally going to pay off in the end" we get one of the worst Daenerys chapter in the whole series and a bunch of cliffhangers. I've read Feast and Dance back to back but I can imagine the frustration of those who've waited 5-6 for Dance to come out. But atleast the Northern arc was amazing, Wyman Manderly you *bleep* legend :bow:

As for Quentyn, yeah poor guy. Just wasn't up for the job, he nor Doran couldn't have known that Daenerys judges people based on their looks rather than their personality. I bet she'll like Victarion for being a hardass despite his raping and drowning of random people who've done nothing to him.

With all that said Winds of Winter is going to be so so good based on the result of these cliffhangers, Battle of Winterfell what really happened, Battle of Meereen, Daenerys going to Westeros, (f)Aegon attacking Storms End, Jon Snow dying - Jon Targaryen reborn :coffee: etc.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Dante wrote:Quentyn Martell was likeable , but i distinctly recall whilst reading, questioning what he trully expected to achieve once he got to Daenerys , it was obvious to the reader his plan would probably fail. And his Dragontamer plan was... madness . It took him and his fellowship hard blows to even get near Daenerys and then .. 'oh' .

Having said that , i remember reading a couple of theories which suggest perhaps Quentyn survived . I don't buy into that , but maybe you would like to read about it. However , there might be Winds sample chapter material in these theories , procceed at your own risk .

Anyway , welcome mate , you are no longer a child of summer Proud .

Also . Benjen .

Just as I read this I am watching videos on the Martell conspiracy which says that very thing. You know what, its believable...
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:32 pm

Basically Euron is Benjen who is also the dusky woman who has sex with Victarion along with Euron is actually Daario as well at the same time and Ned Stark in the past re-incarnation.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 41  Next