Happy 7th Anniversary GoalLegacy!

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Happy 7th Anniversary GoalLegacy!

Post by Vlad the Impaler on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 am

@Thimmy wrote:
@Unique wrote:how can some people say they dont have time or are to busy to post. what on earth do they do in life where you dont have time to type a sentence. Laughing

There was a time when I was in college, where I really didn’t find the time to post more than a few times a week. I spent pretty much every minute of every day in class, in the gym, jogging outside, hanging out with friends/girlfriend, or playing sports.. and eating. I posted a few times before heading to bed, but I was usually so tired that I even skipper brushing my teeth. I don’t suppose everyone is that physically active during the day, but I can see how some people struggle to find time to post.

This is basically what happens to me most of the time. I finished my studies, but now I will start working...when I'll find some energy to post, I'll do it. Smile

Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 am

No idea how I found GL, I think it was maybe in 2010 or 2011. Made the account in 2012 after lurking for a bit and then when I went to post forgot my info. After some time off and some lurking, came back to post finally after maybe 2 or 3 years.

Only forum I've ever been active in. Its unique in the mix of people with completely different backgrounds and interests imo.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:57 am

I joined the goal.com forum 2009 or 2011, can't remember which final it was but it was one of these Barca finals. I lurked before that and I was at a friends house watching the CL final when I decided to post myself. At first it was because of the memes but I enjoyed Nick's analytical posts and stuff too.

I was pretty young though, I'm 23 now. Basically became a addiction of mine to read this forum... lol.

I was active in some Naruto forum (swedish one) before that but GL is the one who stuck with me. Gotta say without RG this forum would be dead. He is the heart of GL. Needs more appreciation tbh.

Congrats on the 7 years GL. That's maybe why this forum isn't active anymore. Most of us grew up Sad and doesn't have that energy we once had to post like we used to post.
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:33 pm

@Unique wrote:how can some people say they dont have time or are to busy to post. what on earth do they do in life where you dont have time to type a sentence. Laughing

Its happened to me twice. When I started in France, I had to adjust my classes and body clock etc. Now in Singapore, I am working 9-9pm. I can't post during matchdays because that's the only time I go out and CL is at 3am.

I do still lurk and post occasionally but I just don't have the time to continuously post, let alone follow my personal interests. I apologize letting scrubs like Firenze roam free in GL without any check.

I can understand how this lurking becomes a permanent absolution. Which is why most posters come back for an occasional post or so later when they do get time.

On topic, I think i've touched if not crossed 10 years in Goal.com and now GL. Its been great and I always look forward to reading everyone's posts. Thanks for being part of this journey.
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Happy anniversary to this forum.
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:12 pm

@Jack Daniels wrote:Happy anniversary to this forum.
So the Whiskey Guy made his annual appearance. :bow:
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 pm

@Thimmy wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:Forgot to bump this this year

But it has been 7 years now (and 3 months) with all of you Proud

Closing on decade. Won't take long till it's here with how fast time is going.

Well done comrades

Next month marks the 10 year anniversary for me, as a registered member + an additional 6 months or so as a lurker. Coincidentally, it’s also my birthday. Never thought I’d stick around for this long. I really miss the original, Goal.com forums, though. This place was so busy, back then.

I joined back in 2009 on goal.com. Remembered the inspiration behind it to: it was a thread reading the likes Crimson, Black something, Halycon(sp), TA, Zealous expressing serious rage during the 2nd leg of the CDR where we lost the first leg 4-0 to Alcorcon.

The only forum I have ever ridiculously active on and would probably continue once RG doesn't sell it off to continue his gambling addiction.

People of Eternia! I stand before the Great Eye of the galaxy. Chosen by destiny to receive the powers of Greyskull! This inevitable moment will transpire before your eyes, even as He-Man himself bears witness to it. Now. I, Skeletor, am Master of the Universe!
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:02 pm

I have been with this group of people for around 8 years now and what a journey it has been.. Truly never thought a forum would become part of my daily life like this. I lurk and post whenever I get time off.

Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6