stevieg8
Helmer
Art Morte
Fahim89
McAgger
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Iago Aspas - Shakespearean Blades - Page 3 Empty Re: Iago Aspas - Shakespearean Blades

Post by Helmer Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:02 am

Spoiler:
apparently spearing has rejoined the club to support new signing aspas

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Iago Aspas - Shakespearean Blades - Page 3 Empty Re: Iago Aspas - Shakespearean Blades

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:56 pm

The leaning pictures are soooo weird. Poor Kolo and Mig had to do them as well. They make to sense. Whoever the club's photographer is must have some sort of fetish with leaning against stuff even if there is nothing to lean against Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:37 am

There's something about his face that seems... off. I think his eyes might be too far apart.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:33 am

Mr Bean's son. hmm 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:38 am

He's our lean mean mean lean machine!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:07 pm

Do you mean, lean goal machine like lean concept, goals produced when required Razz

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:33 pm

Iago Aspas - Shakespearean Blades - Page 3 9277743022_d1463a9370_o

we're going to love this guy this season cheers
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Guys have we finally found out our Dirk????
Looking at Aspas till now, his first touch seems to be heavy sometimes but nevertheless that intelligent movement, turn and control to finish Coutinho's pass and that perfect decision to hold and pass to Gerrard, all that seems pretty welcome.
I am not comparing here playing style of both players. But it seems that the void of 8 to 10 goals per season left by Kuyt will be filled by Aspas if used properly by BR. I am really happy till now with this buy. cheers 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:02 pm

3 goals 2 assists in 4 matches Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:44 am

In a small inteview Aspas told how he knows what he needs to do
Apas wrote:He told Liverpoolfc.com: "At the beginning it has been a little tougher than the sessions in Spain, but we know there is a little more running involved in this league.

"However, we do a lot of work with the ball and I think in that respect the sessions are very similar to back in Spain.

"I'm working hard every day to try and earn my place on the team sheet for the first game.

"From that moment on it's all about doing as well as I can and gaining in confidence to continue to keep my place in the side."
Aspas isn't the only new Spaniard at Liverpool - he's been joined by Luis Alberto, who arrived from Sevilla.

The duo have been welcomed to Melwood by fellow Iberian Jose Enrique, while the ability of manager Brendan Rodgers will further help their settling-in process.

"Luis has been a real source of support for me," explained Aspas. "Because we're the two new boys, we hang out and go everywhere together.

"Of course it helps a lot that the manager can speak Spanish - he gets by pretty well.

"Jose Enrique is the person who's helping out the most at the moment. He's Spanish like us, so he's helping us out with everything - finding a house, a car, translating training ground explanations...whatever it may be, he's there to help us."
Upon arriving at Anfield, Aspas was allocated the iconic No.9 jersey, previously worn by the likes of Ian Rush, Ian St John and Robbie Fowler.

Nonetheless, the 25-year-old insists the responsibility that will be placed upon his shoulders will not come from the number on his back, but the Liver Bird upon his chest.

"In Spain they don't attach so much importance to your shirt number as you do here in England, but I do know that simply by coming here I have the responsibility to return with interest the money the club has paid out for me," said Aspas.

"I can't wait for the first game at Anfield against Stoke City to be able to describe at first hand all the good feelings I have about this league."
This lad seems to be a nice guy, Thumbs up

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:29 pm

happy birthday to aspas drinking celebrating first one at the club

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:57 am

Iago Aspas - Shakespearean Blades - Page 3 DTU8YLU
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:40 pm

You know what, with the little tricks him suarez and cou have up their sleeves we might actually be a menace for the stubborn teams.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 pm

How about sturridge adding to your line up albino 

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:39 pm

Think he could do with getting on the weights.

Needs his first goal in the next few matches, preferably before Luis comes back. Sunday wouldn't be a bad time to start.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:12 am

To answer this:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t32825-iago-aspas

I think it's way too early but he's a solid start. He did okay in his first two opening games, but he was very very average against United. He lost his head in the game against United too, Rodgers did the right thing to take him off; he could of easily been sent off.

All of Aspas' highlights have came in 'moments' too. Think he needs to step it up a little to be a more consistent in games, but he's showing some signs and it's still very early in his career here. Let's not forget he's coming to a new league (from the summer; not winter so the game is played at a slower pace and it's less open) and still needs to adapt to it.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:31 pm

You're certainly right that's it's too early to judge him conclusively. There have been many good signs, and I'm a fan of his overall play and work-rate. I'm not particularly concerned that he lost his head a bit against United. It was a HUGE game for the club and by far the biggest that he's played in since joining Liverpool. The fire he showed is reminiscent of Suarez, which I still think is one of his best qualities.

The best thing that could happen for him is to get a goal in the league before Suarez's return. That little confidence boost and reward for his work could go a long way towards helping him settle in and find his place in the squad.

In the long run, I only see him as a great squad player. That's not to say he can't be important to the team. He has the ability to come in and affect a game, or provide cover in the even of injury or rotation. It's something we lacked all the way through last season, and it's something any quality side needs.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:49 pm

I can't see him becoming a truly class player. Maybe he'll become a Kuyt/Garcia type player, frustrating at times but pops up with important goals.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:16 pm

Very poor player, Borini is miles better.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:24 pm

I can not wait until Suarez is back. Aspas is far too lightweight, never seen someone so bad at holding the ball up.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:26 am

He needs to either switch positions with Henderson on the right wing (bringing Hendo back in the middle) or hug the bench. He cannot play as the CAM/SS...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 am

I'm (still) a huge fan of this guy. I think he will be a good asset for us (but I thought the same about Babel too). He was certainly been average so far. There hasn't been any 'moments' either. But the season is just five-game old.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:06 am

Iago Aspas is chomping at the bit and itching to prove himself at Liverpool – starting by scoring his first Premier League goal. Having shaken off a niggling injury and the customary teething period as he acclimatises to a new footballing culture, he remains convinced he has what it takes to win over Brendan Rodgers and be a hit on Merseyside.

"I knew I was coming to one of the biggest clubs in Europe to play alongside world-class players. I was always in the team at Celta and it was plain sailing. Here at Liverpool I have to earn my place, just like any other signing", Aspas muses.

Though his first performances in a Reds shirt didn't go according to plan, the 26-year-old believes there were mitigating circumstances. "I wasn't playing in my position, as a centre-forward", he notes, before elaborating: "As a deep-lying forward I have to play with my back to goal, up against stronger defenders. Contact is allowed here, which is one of the big differences compared to Spanish football. But I'm working in the gym every day and I've managed to bulk up, gaining almost four kilos of muscle".

Aspas has also found it tough going dislodging the sensational Luis Suárez and in-form Daniel Sturridge. "It's not easy breaking into a team with so many top-class players. I'm working hard every day to try to get more game time", he stressed.

The Spaniard's situation at Liverpool has placed several 'La Liga' clubs on red alert over a possible loan move, including Betis. However, the forward has no intention of packing it in just yet: "I want to make it at Liverpool. I'm sure the fans will see the best of me soon".
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:50 pm

No bump even after scoring a goal??? That's a bit cold from us, eh. This guy has played a total of 451 minutes (that's five full games). His failure to stamp an authority early on and subsequent injury really weighed against him. I think he should have been given some minutes against Norwich, WHU, Spurs and Cardiff.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:29 am

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:08 am

The sooner we get rid the better.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next