TalkingReckless
Kaladin
Firenze
Arquitecto
SaintJoe
28 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 - Part 2

Post by B-Mac Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:55 pm

I am 100% with Mole on the console's so far

Xbox One's issues for some people, Internet Connection all the time, and no used games are not issues for me, my console is always plugged into the internet and I bought maybe 2 used games the whole time i have owned a 360.

it's all about the games for me, and xbox's titles have captured my interest more then the PS4 so far.

if the consoles came out tomorrow, I would be buying a Xbox One

but sony has time to show off more games before i have to make that decision but as of right now I am buying a Xbox One.

you are not alone Mole! cheers

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 - Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 - Part 2

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Michael Pachter is talking about internet subsidies that might give you money towards the purchase of an xbox (or sell it for like 199 or 299) if you buy an internet contract with them.

Think he was just predicting but it wouldn't surprise me if Xbox start coming with Sky subscriptions Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:and game publishers are not going to do that imo

why not? most implement online passes and such already, because it's the most they can do on current consoles, now they have the chance to add stricter measure if they like? its extra profit. The big boys have been pushing for it all along and the little publishers will want every penny they can get with so many going broke nowadays.

I expect at least 90% of them to do it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Michael Pachter is talking about internet subsidies that might give you money towards the purchase of an xbox (or sell it for like 199 or 299) if you buy an internet contract with them.

yeah, I posted a couple of days ago about rumours that they're trying to hash out a deal with Sky in the UK so that they can offer subsidised consoles with an added montly cost to a long term tv subscription. Sky is stupidly expensive already, but if so that will help them shift a few million xboxes. Supposed to be doing the same in other markets such as Canada.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:03 pm

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends.

Doesn't sound any different at all to me, both Sony and Microsoft will allow it but third parties have the power to not allow it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:07 pm

mole we understand that, thing is sony took advantage of the mess and sucker them punch. we, the crowd, gathered at started cheering for Sony. the fight wasnt fair, but the punch was succulent.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:mole we understand that, thing is sony took advantage of the mess and sucker them punch. we, the crowd, gathered at started cheering for Sony. the fight wasnt fair, but the punch was succulent.

Not bothered about all that lol, just saying what the facts are and that is used games isn't a reason to pick one over the other because they are both pretty much the same.

Obviously Sony won the PR war, goes without saying.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:15 pm

pretty cheap tbh

the way Sony were acting yesterday, they got cheers from the crowd with the whole no DRM thing, and it seemingly turns out they do have it Laughing

doesn't matter much to me, I end up buying games I know I'll love or be playing for a long time, but it's a big deal for a lot of people

Last edited by Firenze on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Microsoft should fire their whole PR team.

Everything since the reveal has been absolutely awful. Props to Sony for taking advantage of it but boy oh boy Microsoft... :facepalm:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Not much reaction at all from the Nintendo press conference Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:19 pm

CBarca wrote:Microsoft should fire their whole PR team.

Everything since the reveal has been absolutely awful. Props to Sony for taking advantage of it but boy oh boy Microsoft... :facepalm:

Completely agree, bunch of amateurs.

RealGunner wrote:Not much reaction at all from the Nintendo press conference Laughing

I have been impressed by their lineup of games lol, might buy one hmm

Mario Kart >>>>>>
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:22 pm

So we are trying to say the Sony lied?
I mean that one video they posted summed it all up.

I buy game, I will hand it to a friend and voila!

FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:So we are trying to say the Sony lied?
I mean that one video they posted summed it all up.

I buy game, I will hand it to a friend and voila!

They didn't lie tbf.... they just said 3rd parties have control over their games.

So EA decide if Fifa can be traded in etc etc, Activision for Cod and so on.

Which is same as Microsoft's policy, at the press conference they only spoke about Sony games.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/412976/sony-confirms-ps4-pre-owned-drm-is-up-to-third-parties/
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Sony nor Microsoft have any control over the DRM policies of the 3rd party developers.

Sony can't force EA or Activision.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:Sony nor Microsoft have any control over the DRM policies of the 3rd party developers.

Sony can't force EA or Activision.

Basically, Sony still have the not always online advantage if that matters to you though of course.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:34 pm

That lisp.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Which is same as Microsoft's policy, at the press conference they only spoke about Sony games.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/412976/sony-confirms-ps4-pre-owned-drm-is-up-to-third-parties/

except that no, it isn't... microsoft explicitly prohibit free trading and sharing of their games through the bullshit account locking policy and sharing games only with people who have been on your friends list for more than a month and yada yada IN ADDITION TO whatever ea or activision decide to do, the entire point is that sony don't lock games to your account themselves, which is quite a massive difference

your fanboy is still showing :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:53 pm

che wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

except that no, it isn't... microsoft explicitly prohibit free trading and sharing of their games through the bullshit account locking policy and sharing games only with people who have been on your friends list for more than a month and yada yada IN ADDITION TO whatever ea or activision decide to do, the entire point is that sony don't lock games to your account themselves, which is quite a massive difference

your fanboy is still showing :coffee:

Not being funny but why would you share games with anyone other than people on your friends list lol?

I didn't know about the prohibit free trading and sharing of their games through the account locking policy tbf. ( seriously Laughing )
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Mole Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:01 pm

I legitimately didn't know about that Laughing

But still not going to make me not want one as very few of my mates play games any more.

Negatives of getting old Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:03 pm

Couldn't be bothered about Nintendo.

Don't care about the 16th Mario in 10 years and all their other outdated games which frankly are old, simplistic and lazy. Making sequels to a milked out franchise isn't the way to go.

Shat company, Nintendo.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 pm

on your friends list for more than a month... got a friend who just got an xbox and wants to try the new assassins creed? *bleep* you

but wait, you can still bring the game over and he can play it on your account right? no, *bleep* you, game is installed and locked to your console
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:10 pm

che wrote:on your friends list for more than a month... got a friend who just got an xbox and wants to try the new assassins creed? *bleep* you

but wait, you can still bring the game over and he can play it on your account right? no, *bleep* you, game is installed and locked to your console

First of all XBL accounts carry over.... any friend i would lend a game too and its about a handful these days i could as they have been on my friend list for many years.

Secondly they have said you can play your games on another console.

After signing in and installing, you can play any of your games from any Xbox One because a digital copy of your game is stored on your console and in the cloud. So, for example, while you are logged in at your friend’s house, you can play your games.

So yeah neither is an issue.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:13 pm

mole you remind me of real kandahar defending mourinho right now, yeah it's that bad
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:13 pm

i remember reading there was a time limit on accessing a game from a console other than your own... plus the quoted part is nonsense anyway, the entire game can't be stored on the cloud to be accessed whenever... available for download maybe
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:15 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:mole you remind me of real kandahar defending mourinho right now, yeah it's that bad

I'm not defending anything, i'm just pointing out the facts and why i'm not bothered.

Its all about the games to me, if Sony have more exclusives that i'm interested in i'll go there.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next