Laporta to Enter 2016 Elections

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Laporta to Enter 2016 Elections - Page 3 Empty Re: Laporta to Enter 2016 Elections

Post by bazinga on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:15 am

Best news I've heard in ages.

bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Laporta to Enter 2016 Elections - Page 3 Empty Re: Laporta to Enter 2016 Elections

Post by futbol on Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Joan Laporta: "Josep Bartomeu has always been Sandro Rosell's puppet"

The former Barcelona president also said the socio's condifence in him is motivating him to run for a second term

He who was once Barcelona president and he who could possible be the next president, Joan Laporta, has said that the confidence of the club's socios gives him motivation to return.

"The fact that the socios of Barça have confidence in me, even though I've still not presented myself [as a candidate], motivates me to run," he said in an interview with 'L'Esportuiu'.

And while there is no date for new presidential elections yet, he's confident he has time to decide if he will run.

"If the elections are in 2016, I can take a decision at the end of 2015, or even at the beginning of 2016," Laporta continued.

"If they're earlier, I will take a decision sooner. I have experience and don't need time to make my case.

"I want a new project and no, it would not be the same as in 2003. I want a project that will return Barça to being a reference point in world football.

"I want an innovative project based on the things that made us successful in the previous stage. I feel true to the style of play, that of Cruyff, and supporting homemade talent."

On the recent rumours that he had spoke with Jorge Mendes about Jose Mourinho managing Barcelona, Laporta made it clear that was not true.

"Mourinho is a good professional and I respect him, but I didn't speak about him with Jorge Mendes," he explained.

"Everyone knows my type of manager, you only have to remember the two that we had at the club when I was in charge. My style is that of the Cruyff philosophy.

"I've not thought of names, but Cruyff, Txiki, Rijkaard and Guardiola will always be linked with Barça - directly or indirectly. They've formed part of the best Barça in history.

"Pep has the capacity to do what he wants in Barça. He's demonstrated that as manager and he has the human touch, intelligence and knowledge of the club to be president when he wants."

As for the current president, Laporta was less kind.

"[Josep Maria] Bartomeu has always been a puppet in the hands of [Sandro] Rosell and, possibly, that is still the case," he sniped.

"It would be good for Barça if the elections [for the new president] came at the end of the season."

http://www.sport-english.com/en/noticias/barca/joan-laporta-josep-bartomeu-has-always-been-sandro-rosells-puppet-3693253

Save us, Joan.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Anyone but this board, which I think is easily the worst board in history. Just scandal after scandal after scandal.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick on Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:21 am

Would love if a move was made to make the elections at the end of the season. I have no doubt Bart and everyone involved with him would get the boot.

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:30 am

Laporta: "Who is the technical secretary at Barça? I would not know. No one takes charge. There are errors which must be corrected."

"The club moves away from the style of Cruyff and the result is a vicious circle. If you lose with your style, at least you have your style."

"Would I sign Griezmann if I were the president? No."

"Pep said Barça are still true to its style? I do not agree with Pep. With him we had a better time than we have now. It is true that Barça kept almost the entire spine, but now we have only fun with Messi's goals." [via md]
Myesyats
Myesyats
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:36 pm

Still one of our best president I hope he comes back and brings Txiki and Soriano.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol on Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Every few years when there is a bit of a "crisis" mode (walking the league and CL semis is "crisis" now LAWL) he comes out of the woodwork to fire shots on Twitter before disappearing again for years. His last attempt to become president was "I will bring Pogba and here is Abidal on my side who supports me, now vote me". Rolling Eyes

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum