The Official Final Fantasy thread

Page 42 of 43 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Go down

Re: The Official Final Fantasy thread

Post by RealGunner on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:30 am

sometimes at night, i still have nightmares with the phrase "That's it! I have come up with a new recipehh"

Spoiler:

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 am

To those of you who care, the Dissidia beta just switched out a few of it's playable characters for other ones. Say what you want about the game, but the fanboy in me appreciates being able to play as different characters from the FF universe Razz

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:55 am

2018 Will Be A "Big Year" For The Final Fantasy Franchise, Square Enix Says
Multiple new titles coming, according to an interview.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:19 am

FFBE if anyone is looking for something nostalgic for mobile

First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Anyone play/played 14?
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:09 pm

@80s_Stallone wrote:Anyone play/played 14?

I haven't. I heard the game turned great after they updated and expanded it, though. I just don't have the time to play MMOs anymore.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:11 pm

@Thimmy wrote:
@80s_Stallone wrote:Anyone play/played 14?

I haven't. I heard the game turned great after they updated and expanded it, though. I just don't have the time to play MMOs anymore.

yeah, it is great. I have stretches where I can/cant play MMOs. This past winter I was able to alot, after a 2 year break from the game. If your a fan of the series, its worth checking out. Just dont get hooked tho ^^
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:14 am

what a song

any of you FF fans ever play Kingdom Hearts? it always looked kinda corny and childish to me, unreal praise online for it though
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:12 am

@Firenze wrote:

what a song

any of you FF fans ever play Kingdom Hearts? it always looked kinda corny and childish to me, unreal praise online for it though

I always thought it looked childish, as well. I've only heard great things about it, though. A lot of people enjoy Kingdom Hearts more than they do the FF series.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:16 am

I thought you played Kingdom Hearts Thimmy for some reason hmm

I'm looking forward to it personally even though I've never played it Laughing

Looks fun imo.

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:31 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I thought you played Kingdom Hearts Thimmy for some reason hmm

I'm looking forward to it personally even though I've never played it Laughing

Looks fun imo.

Nah, I haven't. A friend of mine once told me that if there was only one game he could recommend me, it would be the Kingdom Hearts series. I believe I mentioned it on here once. A few other people have recommended it to me as well. I just haven't gotten around to playing it, yet.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:46 am

I remember when a friend told me about kingdom hearts during high school. Thought it sounded ridiculous and childish. Then gave it a go and it was great.

It is corny for sure, but tons of fun.

The overarching story got super convoluted since they started making the handheld games. Since I didn't have any of them I cant follow it too closely.

Just beat 1 and 2. Great games. 1 is super dated now but it was great back then. 2 is still great. Heard the psp one was one of the best ones but haven't played it.

3 looks like it can be the best, the gameplay looks really evolved.

Basically if you like final fantasy stuff and enjoy Disney they are good. The music is top notch, some of the best in gaming imo.

I'll look into playing some of the games in the collections they released for ps4 that contain all of them.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:25 am

So is FF15 worth getting for someone that grew up on FF6, 7 and 9? Does it capture any of that nostalgia?

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:38 am

well....

Short answer is no

Long answer is that maybe.
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:40 am

Persona 5 is the best JRPG on PS4, although it might take you a year to finish. Laughing

Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:49 am

I didn't play the old FF games but I'd say nah, this FF15 is a modernized JRPG and I don't think you would get too many feelings of nostalgia beyond the surface level tropes that are rampant in all JRPG's.

I still get angry about FF15 tbh as to me it had potential to be one of the GOAT. The foundation is there it's just like a 5 star hotel that's only had the framework built. If only it were more fleshed out. Sad It's a beautiful game to look at though with a very nice OST. I'd pick it up for cheap.

You're probably against mobile games but it was mentioned in this thread earlier by someone and also online a bunch but if you want a nostalgia FF experience, play the mobile game Brave Exvius. I dabbled in it a bit and it's very much an oldschool classic RPG. Just with online elements.
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 am

gotten like 1 picture from the FF7 remake in the last two years rofl

Square Enix is such a mess when it comes to this franchise its incredible, very poorly handled.

cant see it releasing before 2022
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:16 am

@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So is FF15 worth getting for someone that grew up on FF6, 7 and 9? Does it capture any of that nostalgia?

It's a Final Fantasy game in name only, so no. You're not going to feel nostalgic, and I don't think you'll enjoy the game. Best part about Final Fantasy XV is arguably it's DLC, and even those aren't so good that I would definitely recommend playing them.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:08 am

The most memorable part of my FFXV playthrough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On6Y-VwZxAA

FFXV had a dark and pretty good story that was completely gutted into genericism (changing game directors does that) but it plays well, can be fun but it's obvious there was going to be so much more to the game.

Henry wrote:"“Stepovers, tricks, that’s not the game. The game is what Thomas Muller is doing. If I had a son right now, playing, I would say to him ‘look at them, look at [Franck] Ribery, look at Muller.’ What Ronaldo does, and Messi, they’re just freaks. Don’t try to copy those guys. You can copy from Ribery, you can copy from Thomas Muller. What he did at the World Cup, people don’t talk about it. They don’t talk about it, but they should talk about it. He plays the game the right way: he defends, he attacks, he controls the ball when he has to control it, he reverses when he has to reverse it. When he has to finish, he’ll finish. He doesn’t do stepovers, but when he has to perform, he performs. He does what the game asks him to do.”"

Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:46 am

@Thimmy wrote:
@BarrileteCosmico wrote:So is FF15 worth getting for someone that grew up on FF6, 7 and 9? Does it capture any of that nostalgia?

It's a Final Fantasy game in name only, so no. You're not going to feel nostalgic, and I don't think you'll enjoy the game. Best part about Final Fantasy XV is arguably it's DLC, and even those aren't so good that I would definitely recommend playing them.

Well, that sucks for me then. Been back and forth in my mind if I should buy it on Steam since the start of the year.

I told you so
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc on Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:50 am

@Firenze wrote:You're probably against mobile games but it was mentioned in this thread earlier by someone and also online a bunch but if you want a nostalgia FF experience, play the mobile game Brave Exvius. I dabbled in it a bit and it's very much an oldschool classic RPG. Just with online elements.

Honestly, as much as I am against mobile games and their shitty business model, been playing Brave Exvius on the JP server for a year and a half, my longest run with any mobile game ever and yeah, it still has that old FF feel to it.

I told you so
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:32 pm

@Doc wrote:
@Thimmy wrote:

Well, that sucks for me then. Been back and forth in my mind if I should buy it on Steam since the start of the year.

It's not a completely awful game, but it just reeks of style over substance, and it's frustrating to see how bad the game is, considering how much potential it had prior to all of the chaos that occurred during it's technical development. Apart from graphics, I can't think of a single thing the game does well enough to warrant a comparison to past greats in the series. The open world seems interesting initially, but is later revealed to be about as dull and uninspired as the main storyline. There are a few features in the game that I thought were pretty neat, and Ardyn is a pretty interesting villain, but none of it is interesting enough to save the overall impression, in my opinion. The game was torn apart and patched up again during it's massive, 10 year development process, and the result is pretty much what you'd expect.

They've added a shit ton of free, genuinely substantial content since the game was first launched - such as revamped combat systems for all characters, allowing individual control of not only Noctus but the rest of his entourage as well, online multiplayer, being able to turn your car into an airship, a lot of timed events with minigames and challenges and more. I was really positively surprised by these post-release additions, but there's simply no saving this lukewarm experience of a game that was hastily put together and released in an incomplete and disarranged state. They've literally kept on developing and modifying core features in the game through continuous patch updates, long after the game was first released.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:31 pm

@Doc wrote:
@Firenze wrote:You're probably against mobile games but it was mentioned in this thread earlier by someone and also online a bunch but if you want a nostalgia FF experience, play the mobile game Brave Exvius. I dabbled in it a bit and it's very much an oldschool classic RPG. Just with online elements.

Honestly, as much as I am against mobile games and their shitty business model, been playing Brave Exvius on the JP server for a year and a half, my longest run with any mobile game ever and yeah, it still has that old FF feel to it.

I quit playing as I already have a couple of mobile games and Exvius has far too much content at this point and is an unreal timesink, but it's absolutely a top quality mobile game IMO.
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon on Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:55 pm

What's the gameplay Like? Im confused because it's said it's online.
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:10 pm

it's like those older 2D final fantasy games ..overworld map, turn based

it's online in the sense that you have to be connected to the internet and there are some PVP elements I think? not entirely sure, it has a lot of different game modes, not sure if you're familiar with japanese mobile gacha games, honestly probably you stay away from them tbh
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy on Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:36 am

@Firenze wrote:honestly probably you stay away from them tbh

that too good english great firenze high five Laughing

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down