The Nature Boy
rwo power
Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
McAgger
201 posters

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next

Go down

Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2

Post by rwo power Thu 5 Jun - 14:51

Ah, that's it! Looks a bit sleepy Razz

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2 - Page 12 Empty Re: Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2

Post by Zizou Thu 5 Jun - 14:56

no... he did get a kiss on his big nose ;)The cut off part is me kissing him...
I'll sent some pics via mail these days.

And I am off to the barn now Smile
ttyl
Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu 5 Jun - 15:02

Be seeing you. Remember - tomorrow there's the friendly Germany - Armenia. If you don't find a pub to watch, you can always find a stream and discuss it here.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 5 Jun - 22:43

Welcome, Zizou, and thanks for bringing this classic in my mind again:

Spoiler:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Fri 6 Jun - 3:54

*haha...

thanks for reminding me that "Cheers" in Finish is one of the funniest words I ever heard and that the best looking Guy I have ever met was from Finland....

Now I still have to figure out where to watch the world cup without attracting a bunch of drunk Sports Bar Regulars ... I am definitely in the wrong Country atm Sad
Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou Fri 6 Jun - 13:50

obv. missed the friendly Sad Why is work always obstructing major sports events?

How did it go?
Zizou
Zizou
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 6 Jun - 15:31

*Germany smash*

http://www.goallegacy.net/t35823p540-pre-world-cup-friendlies-thread

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by AthanBatz Sun 15 Jun - 13:42

Hey there!
My name is Thanasis, I am 20 years old and I am from Greece. Starting September, I will be a student in the Sports Journalism course of the University of East London. I also am a contributor for a british website, writing articles mostly about football's history.
I have been a Real Madrid fan my whole life - and I also am an Arsenal fan since 2006.
I am looking forward to share my opinions on the beautiful game and have some good conversations with true fans of the sport. Smile
AthanBatz
AthanBatz
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

http://www.givemesport.com/thanasis-batzios

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 15 Jun - 16:11

Welcome mate. I hope you enjoy it in here. Smile

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself to the community - Topic 2 - Page 12 Empty New member from Tucson, AZ -- USA

Post by BartFargo Tue 17 Jun - 7:13

I'm an older guy, retired in Tucson, AZ (USA), and having a great time watching the World Cup.  I'm rooting for the USA and Mexico -- when they play each other then I root for the USA.  I enjoyed seeing the USA "squeak" by Ghana, especially after the many great charges by Ghana -- a very good team.  

I never played soccer in school or later -- it wasn't offered where I grew up.  But over the years I've learned to appreciate the beautiful game.

BartFargo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue 17 Jun - 7:25

Welcome!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 17 Jun - 9:47

Welcome mate!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by junkyard Sun 29 Jun - 2:39

HI! I have been following this forum for last 2-3 years. So decided to sign up so that I can share my opinions also. I support Chelsea and is a hardcore Mourinho fan. And at international level I support Argentina.
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by c0ntroL Sat 5 Jul - 10:59

Same as the guy from previous post, but not such hardcore Mourinho fan.
Speaking of international level I support Croatia, Belgium, Chile.
c0ntroL
c0ntroL
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 5 Jul - 12:36

Welcome guys
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat 5 Jul - 13:42

The amount of lurkers still out there.. Wanting to sign up but not wanting to sign up hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNYC Sun 6 Jul - 10:28

Hey all,

I'm from Long Island/NYC area in the USA and I'm fresh into football. I've never really liked sports too much but for some reason I've become hooked since I started following the World Cup. I'm rooting for Argentina now that the USA is eliminated. I don't really have a team that I'm following in the US right now because MLS doesn't have a real team from NY yet except for the Red Bulls who I can't root for because they're named after an energy drink.

This will probably be my last post for awhile because I'm still ignorant about the finer aspects of the sport. However, I will continue lurking until I gain a greater understanding. Thanks in advance for the welcome.

KevinNYC
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun 6 Jul - 13:01

Welcome to the show - er, forum!

Well, if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Another user who is rather fresh to the sport had the great idea to set up a thread for newbie questions which is going rather nicely: http://www.goallegacy.net/t35954-some-newbie-questions
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Mon 7 Jul - 10:09

Hey guys, sort of just getting into soccer after watching the Champions League games last year and falling in love with the sport, and everyone on Yahoo answers said this was the best forum.

One question though, am I going to get trolled all the time because I support United but also like City? I have a good reason to like both though.

My dad has always been a fan of United, like since before I was born, but... When I started watching the PL I really liked City and their attacking flair and the goalscoring, plus my favorite player became Joe Hart.

But again, my family and friends like United and I do like the history of the team and the fact that they have the top organization in sports. Plus I hope to become a footballer in the PL one day, and if I do good at the high school level, I'm going to try to get into the United youth system and work my way into the main squad.
So yeah, it's kind of hard to hate a team that your family and friends like and one that you're trying to play for one day.
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 7 Jul - 10:36

Welcome to the forum! Well, I will certainly not troll you for that - after all, I enjoy watching both Schalke 04 and Borussia Dortmund (who probably have the fiercest rivalry in the German Bundesliga) myself, which is somewhat similar.

I might troll you a little for having Joe Hart as favourite player, though, as I worship proper goalkeepers Razz

Nice to see some more US people dropping in and getting a taste for real football. Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Mon 7 Jul - 11:43

Thanks! About German teams, I was thinking of following Dortmund in the Bundesliga because of the great fans there and the fact that they have the most intimidating place to play in Europe. Is Dortmund a good team to support or do you recommend another German team?
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 7 Jul - 11:47

Welcome!

Just curious to know how are you planning to go from a high school in USA to Man United youth academy?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 7 Jul - 12:09

Dortmund is legit. Support them.
Lol RG let the man dream. I used to believe I could go from my country to a youth academy of a proper club in England.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon 7 Jul - 12:19

Yahoo answers is sending us new members. rofl

Welcome, UnitedInRed.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by UnitedInRed Mon 7 Jul - 13:12

I was trying to get to the Man Utd academy through playing in high school and then the NPSL, I looked at some rankings and United has the farthest reaching youth system of the English speaking countries, so their scouts hopefully would notice me.

I looked at Red Bull academy and the Crew academy also but the Red Bulls don't have a lot of clear info, and for the Crew you have to have been in their system since you were a little kid.
UnitedInRed
UnitedInRed
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 7 Jul - 14:02

Ah I see. Good luck anyways mate.

Hope you enjoy posting in here Thumbs up
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 33 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 33  Next