Ganso
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
34 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Gerardo 'Tata' Martino - Page 12 Empty Re: Gerardo 'Tata' Martino

Post by Donuts Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:43 am

his father also passed away and many close to him say he had a slight depression
would explain why he wanted to leave in December despite the record undefeated run.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Reading this thread nowadays is fun. Recommended.

F*cking Tata. He ruined the only season I had a season ticket at Camp Nou and gave me the two worst live football experiences I've ever had in the Copa del Rey Final and the league "final" vs. Atletico at Camp Nou.

Useless coach with no physical knoweledge, average tactics, average man management, and awful squad selection. And Futbol still defending him and many people saying he was better than Tito or that Luis Enrique was a downgrade from him.

Great person with great honesty though. He was very honest to leave the Club and to accept he was not good enough openly.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:42 am

I won't say he is a useless coach but maybe he is another one of those tailor made for smaller teams where he is familiar with the footballing style so that he can maximize the resources. He did a great job with Paraguay, something even Xavi appreciated. Tata said before the end of his tenure that's it's very hard for an outsider to succeed as coach of Barcelona. I think he is somewhat right. If an individual not at all familiar with our style and ways were to take over the reigns he is likely to have a tough time. At that time I had welcomed his appointment stating we needed something different but now I realize that something that different is unlikely to work at Barca. We are a footballing institution that has it's own ways and if we try to deviate too much from who we are we are unlikely to find long term success.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12