CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
34 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Gerardo 'Tata' Martino - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerardo 'Tata' Martino

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:25 pm

neuro11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:Btw, Tata Martino looks exactly like Jordi Roura with a bit less of jaw.

good identification ..... Very Happy

when is he coming....hate to be without coach,CB,plans and tactics and so many things....

Arrival tonight. Signing tomorrow morning. Presentation tomorrow evening.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:54 pm

I dont disagree with that. But then whats the point of hiring this guy and adopting his favoured ideas when he has to make concessions?

Its not something you can simply adjust, either you want your midfielders to make those movements or you dont.

In other areas, for example we was talking about the deep lying passer. You can simply have someone else be that guy.

But the movement of the midfield are probably as important as it gets in terms of defining the movements of your style.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:36 pm

The man of the hour welcomed by Zubi. he is officially in Barcelona/Camp Nou

Gerardo 'Tata' Martino - Page 3 BQCDuilCYAA_q8T

Btw, this thread and the analyzing Tata thread should be merged imo
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:26 pm

dani, are you sure this guy has been hired for his tactical style? I think it was more a case of his basic tactics fitting in with the Barca philosophy was important but the reason(s) he has been hired I am guessing/hoping are that he will improve training standards, physical preparation, intensity, pressing and tempo. That should be doable even without having to change our basic style of play much.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:11 pm

By tactical style, I assume you mean in possession? If so, no I am not sure. We will only find out what happens when he has time with the squad.

But I dont know what our current training standards and physical preperation is like...so I dont know if those things need changing and I dont know if Martino will be an improvement on that either.

Tempo and intensity, to me sounds like the direction of the passes, the intent of the passes...those are things in possession are they not?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:51 pm

I'll have to wait and see what the team is going to look like before I can speculate why Barcelona brought him in.

I'd be sorely disappointed if we bring a bielsista in and a manager with different thinking to what we've witnessed the last couple years and then have him roughly continue what we've been doing. Not because I dislike the football we've played over the years...I love it, always have since forever.

However a change is needed and if we're going to bring in someone who offers change and then he goes and doesn't change anything...

I sincerely hope he puts a stamp on this Barcelona team, I guess is what I'm saying. Of course you'll need to mix and match and being pragmatic I'm sure he will, but he should be offering something different and I hope that's what the board brought him in to do.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Agree, all I was trying to say really. If we aint going to change anything, much as have left Roura in charge.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:56 pm

Anybody else catch his presser today? He sounds encouraging

-Won't sell Cesc
-That the blame will be on him if Neymar and Messi can't work together
-Wants to visit the training ground before making a firm decision on what players to bring in or out (regards to JDS)
-Plans on focusing on pressing and pressure, something the club was known for which didn't happen much recently
-Will leave Messi as false 9, because that's where he has had the most success and doesn't plan on changing that
-Will use the 4-3-3
-Some other notes I didn't catch

It's been mentioned Rubi will be one of his assistant couches for sure. No word yet on if the 2nd assistant couch will be one of Tata's guys or if it will be Roura.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:17 pm

Zubizarreta:

“Last Tuesday Sandro informed me of Tito’s situation. From that point on we started looking at various options. For the first 24 hours all the options seemed to be Tito, it was hard, but we had to keep going because Tito asked us to. We made an assessment of our needs and in the process Tata’s name was brought up.

“We tried to meet, but it was impossible. We have talked a lot over the phone, searching for a coach that understood that the idea of Barca is not debated and that football is a universal sport and that we have a marked style that people try to copy all over the world. Throughout all this Tata demonstrated his willingness to listen, to learn, but contributing his own ideas as well. We decided that from all points of views Tata was the best option.

“We thank for him for accepting this opportunity and the challenge of coaching these players to contribute the personality he has. Great challenges await us but I am convinced that between all of us we will surpass them.

“We had many options and we worked on them in a parallel way. The moment we decided on Martino we made contact with him.

“Leo Messi had nothing to do with Tata Martino’s designation and the decision for Tata was made quickly. We met with Bartomeu and the president for an hour and a half and the decision was made.

“From the current staff we will see who will adapt as an operative. We will talk to everyone and when we know we will communicate it.

“Before the U21 Eurocup Tito and I met with Thiago and we explained to him that we wanted him, what we thought of him and from there he made the decision that he did. Tello has a 10m clause, he had offers but he chose not to leave and Thiago wanted to leave.”

Tata:

“I’m very happy for the trust I was confided. I’m very proud to coach this institution for its history. I’d like to take this chance to send Tito Vilanova a message of strength.

“I come to continue an idea, that’s why we were brought.

“I am anxious to meet the players.

“We will take the style of the club, of the players and see how they feel most comfortable. We will add things that improve on this.

Regarding the staff, where 2 new members are added to the staff: “For now all the additions are us and the ones we will work with. No one else will come

“The first thing I must do is to keep the hunger to keep winning. If we achieve that we will have many happy years ahead of us. The second, to start rapidly building the group.

“I have worked in South America so it’s normal I’m not known. I wouldn’t dare think that Neymar and Messi can’t play well together. If they don’t achieve that it will be the coach’s fault.

“I try to be a coach that will adapt to the players I have.

“We will try to spread to the players the enthusiasm and force we feel when taking on this challenge. There are excellent footballers here and it is clear that if we can return to the great moments of Barca, we will have great aspirations in all the competitions.

“Coaching in Argentina is not easy. From a football perspective it’s a difficult country. These conditions allow you to insert yourself in other clubs of the world.

About Messi: “We are from Rosario and Newell’s, but we don’t know each other. So I can’t disagree with him.

“The motivation here comes from the jersey, from the competitions, and from what FC Barcelona means.

About transfers: “We need to get to know the team better. As of right now we have only talked to Puyol.

“We have talked to Tito Vilanova. He has welcomed me and wished me good luck.

“We will take all players into consideration, evidently Jonathan dos Santos will also be included there.

“We like to back the first team with cantera players.

“Every team has something to improve on, in spite of achieving the excellence this team has. And above all it still has a lot left to win. We must retain the level to keep aspiring to be a winning team.

About Cesc: “I will not get myself involved with the economic interest of the club. If the club has already rejected two bids, I will add the third. He will stay.

“We now have to adapt in two ways. I will try to be myself in spite of where I am working. We will try to recuperate the best version of Barca.

Suit or tracksuit? “Good question, we will try to find something in between. We will settle for the way we feel the most comfortable.

If we don’t win titles, will it be a failure? “Yes, absolutely.

Alexis or Pedro? “The options are many, there’s also Tello. We will see who is in the best conditions for each game.

About Vergini: “He is extraordinary but I need to work with the team before settling on incorporations.

“We will resolve the composition of the staff in the following days. I have yet to meet Rubi or Roura.

“Winning a clasico against Real Madrid is always important but it cannot be compared to a title.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks for the quotes BC.

I'm going to be gone for about a week and a half guys so...just letting you know.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:51 pm

The man sounds confident, that's something thats reassuring.
I hope he makes up his decisions soon on who is staying or leaving though time is going by very fast and our only buy this summer is Neymar.. and we've lost so many.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:06 pm

The Franchise wrote:By tactical style, I assume you mean in possession? If so, no I am not sure. We will only find out what happens when he has time with the squad.

But I dont know what our current training standards and physical preperation is like...so I dont know if those things need changing and I dont know if Martino will be an improvement on that either.

Tempo and intensity, to me sounds like the direction of the passes, the intent of the passes...those are things in possession are they not?

True dani. Seeing how the team appeared on the pitch at times last season makes me think there are problems with training and physical preparation but as you say we don't know anything for sure.

In Tata's unveiling he made this one comment which will sound like music to the ears of all Barcelona fans.

"The pressing that has been such a feature of this team is something I want us to get back. "

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Donuts wrote:The man sounds confident, that's something thats reassuring.
I hope he makes up his decisions soon on who is staying or leaving though time is going by very fast and our only buy this summer is Neymar.. and we've lost so many.

I agree. We are running out of time. the summer has been disappointing so far. Decisions must be made ASAP.
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:02 pm

So it seems that Martino's assistant Pautasso has also joined us.

Has his physical trainer Paulorosso also joined?

Anyone knows what will happen to the former assistant coaches Roura and Rubi? Will any other staff members such as the current physical trainer also be affected?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:04 pm

From what I understand, Tata will be the manager. And Pautasso and Rubi (recently joined from Girona) will be his two assistance managers.

No clue about the phsyical trainers and Roura.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Does anyone know if Martino has bought in some of his scouts? I read he has but I find this hard to believe.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:49 am

As far as I read, he only brought Pautasso (second coach) and Paolorosso (physical coach).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:17 pm

free_cat wrote:As far as I read, he only brought Pautasso (second coach) and Paolorosso (physical coach).
Exactly and as yet it's just not clear whether these two will co-exist with Roura, Rubi and the existing staff. If yes then who will have what powers. If no then who will be let go.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:56 pm

is not it good to leave the staff selection fully on trainer(other than physio i think).....Because its also another team work, its necessary that the coach feels comfortable with the team of staffs

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:40 pm

MD reporting that he has additionally brought two video analysts named Raul Marcovich and Adrian Coria. This last one was involved in scouting Messi for Newell's. Barca already had 3 video analysts who will remain at the club for the time being.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:36 pm

"He is a leader, capable, prepared and has experience," Xavi told Sport.

"He is transmitting a lot to us. We are recovering a little of the intensity and rhythm that perhaps we lost for various reasons towards the end of last season. We are pressing very well and working well physically.

"He is adding things that he is influencing a lot. For example, on set-pieces we are working differently. We are adjusting and he is a guy that is very clear about what he wants."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2013/08/16/4190939/xavi-barcelona-rediscovering-intensity-under-martino
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:51 pm

You can read the full interview in the xavi thread Very Happy
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:18 pm

Opps lol thank you just read it Smile
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:54 pm

So five games in,whats everybody's opinion of Tata?
I am fairly positive.He has tried to correct one major gripe I had last season.He has brought the pressing back and while its still not perfect,it will get better if we stick at it.IMO its the only way we can defend effectively with the players we have.He has even got Messi pressing again,something I thought was not possible.

Though still only 5 games and early to tell,has managed to improve the performance of certain players.Alexis seems to have new confidence and is willing to take on players again.
Fab is playing better but that could be a false dawn as he always plays well early season.Masch has had a solid start to the campaign.Unlike last season he doesnt look like a disaster waiting to happen though I suspect thats more to do with our pressing game.Valdes too looks much better than last season.

Is rotating players well and giving everyone minutes.
My only issue would be not playing Bartra.Surely he understands with us not signing a CB,the kid will have to play at some point or the other.Masch and Pique wont be able to play every game.Eventually they will have to miss games and the kid will have to play.Even assuming that Bartra is garbage,he is the only backup option we have. Better to give him as many games as possible.
Though I suspect,being new,he didnt want to take risks early on and wanted to get off to a good start.Fixtures have been tough.Still Bartra needs to be played sooner rather than later.We have no other choice.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:00 pm

You kind of alluded this, but who would you have played Bartra against? So far all the matches played have been against tough opponents, Levante aside (and as the first game of the season, I think he didn't want to take a chance on that one). I would happily play Bartra against the Celtas, Granadas, Osasuna's etc but all of Malaga, Atletico and Valencia are tough teams.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:09 pm

I understand alfred.Perhaps could have been brought on at HT against Levante.We were cruising but as you mentioned it was the first game.
Just want Bartra given games.Dont want it to be a repeat of last season where he was thrown in at the deep end versus Bayern.Besides Pique and Masch are going to burn out pretty quickly if they keep playing every game.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next