+2
Busby Babe
Vlad the Impaler
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Youth and reserves Empty Youth and reserves

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Who do you think are our best hot prospects at the moment?

Will we win the reserves Premier League this year?

We already have a few rising stars.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Youth and reserves Empty Re: Youth and reserves

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:09 am

Peter Schmeichel has been hugely impressed with Manchester United youngsters Jesse Lingard and Michael Keane after following their progress since they joined Leicester City on loan last year.

Youth and reserves F0090AB3A41F4B13B1A5FD366E46E4BE

The Great Dane closely monitors the Foxes as his son Kasper is the club's No1 and he feels both Reds showed the benefit of the experience during the 2013 Tour promoted by Aon and will aim to be involved again in the final leg against AIK Fotball.

Although Lingard had few opportunities to show his undoubted quality at the King Power Stadium, he was outstanding on the tour, scoring four times. Keane, meanwhile, started the win against Kitchee FC after playing a key role in Leicester's ultimately unsuccessful promotion bid.

"David Moyes will be pleased in the way that some players have grasped their opportunity," Schmeichel told ManUtd.com in an exclusive interview. "I’m thinking about Jesse Lingard who is coming home from the tour as top goalscorer.

"He had a very brief stay at Leicester and it didn’t really come off for him but he played for the Reserves again and was the best player in the Reserves squad. Maybe - just maybe - this is his opportunity and this is his year. It’s very interesting and, again, something for David to make a decision about.

"I feel this game against AIK is the last opportunity where he can really have a feel about the team and try out one or two combinations so it’s a big game for David and a big game for the players.

"Michael Keane had a really good season with Leicester and was very successful with them, Jesse less so, but they can work towards the same goal, having that experience makes players think about the future and which role they can have.

"No doubt about it - Michael is a very, very talented young man and Nemanja Vidic not travelling gave him an opportunity but I think, when the whole squad comes together in Stockholm, David will be spoiled for choice and he’s got to find the right combination."
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:58 am

Not great opposition, but he looks like a great finisher.

I hope his United career doesn't turn out like Macheda/Rossi
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 pm

Reserves won the Lancashire Senior Cup tonight, 2-1 over City Proud

Petrucci and Lindgard with the goals

they are now Champions of Manchester, Lancashire, and England

dat youthhhhh

GGMU Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:31 am

Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:26 am

Lingard and Tom Thorpe have earned there first England U-21 call ups Proud

dat youthhhh
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:44 am

FIFA Top 6 Young Football Player Of The Year 2013:
1. Neymar
2. Lamela
3. Moura
4. Gotze
5. Isco
6. ADNAN JANUZAJ
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:21 pm

U21s: United 2 Liverpool 4

Sad

Manchester United opened the defence of the Barclays Under-21 Premier League title with a 4-2 defeat against Liverpool at the Salford City Stadium.

Jesse Lingard's opener was soon overturned by Jordon Ibe, Adam Morgan and Fabio Borini, only for Jesse Lingard to pull one back before the interval. Despite plenty of pressure by Warren Joyce's side, Borini wrapped things up towards the end.

In a breathless first half, Lingard had already flashed a shot wide when he was involved in the move that led to the opening goal inside seven minutes. The England Under-21 international showed good strength to hold off Ryan McLaughlin and the ball was fed to Cole via Belgian duo Adnan Januzaj and Marnick Vermijl. The man who scored a hat-trick against the Merseysiders in last season's semi-final found the net at the second attempt after his initial shot was blocked.

Liverpool's response was swift and purposeful as Ben Amos was forced into a first-class save to thwart Borini and, moments later, Ibe ran through the defence to find the bottom corner with a clinical low drive. Only the bar denied Jack Dunn and a rare slip by Michael Keane let in Adam Morgan for another finish out of the top drawer.

A debatable free-kick in the 20th minute allowed the visitors to move further ahead when Davide Petrucci was harshly penalised for a sliding tackle. Borini smashed the set-piece goalwards and the swerve denied Amos to make it 3-1. Craig Rodden blasted wide as United appeared rocked by the turnaround but Januzaj tried to regain some composure with a splendid turn and run that led to the first booking for Joe Maguire's crude foul.

Januzaj was inevitably involved when he and Cole helped tee up Lingard for a splendid low drive to reduce the deficit with a lovely goal. Captain Tom Thorpe then headed into the side-netting from a Petrucci free-kick but Borini was unlucky at the other end following a terrific solo run.

The second period was predictably quieter from the outset with Januzaj still the target for some tough tackling and Vermijl adapting to a holding midfield role after Tyler Blackett replaced the injured Charni Ekangamene.

There was a hopeful handball appeal against Lloyd Jones when he got in the way of a left-footed strike by Lingard while Tom Lawrence was the second introduction from the bench when Angelo Henriquez was withdrawn.

Borini had the ball in the net again but was flagged offside although most of the pressure came from the Reds with Januzaj a constant menace with his bewitching dribbling skills. However, there were few clear-cut chances of note despite the pressure, with Cole failing to keep one long-range attempt down.

The pass of the match by Keane released Januzaj for another run that carved out a near-post opportunity for Lawrence, who could only head wide. And there was no way back once Borini latched onto an underhit backpass to score from an acute angle and claim his second of the night.

Fittingly, Januzaj had one last noteworthy effort with a deflected curler that had Dan Ward sprawling but dropped off target. The result may have been disappointing but there was plenty to admire on the night at the new regular home venue.

United: Amos; Varela, Thorpe, M.Keane, Vermijl; Cole, Ekangamene (Blackett HT), Petrucci, Lingard; Januzaj; Henriquez (Lawrence 59). Subs not used: Gollini, Rothwell, Grimshaw.

Source: manutd.com
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:05 pm

so first teamer Borini rescued them?
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:18 pm

B-Mac wrote:so first teamer Borini rescued them?
Yep, something like that. Laughing I watched the first half and we were decent. We weren't spectacular, but we could have ended it with a draw.

From what I've read about the 2nd half, they deserved to win.

But like Rio said on his facebook page, 'shame that only 3 players on show tonight were English' .
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by archwooohh Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:08 am

Borini is now in their U-21 team? Since when? scratch

Oh well that's one match, Lingard, Januzaj, Thorpe and Keane are still boss :bow: I'm expecting at least one of them (probably Lingard or Januzaj) to see a couple PL minutes this year. Won't be much, but it'll be a start.
archwooohh
archwooohh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:50 am

Well it seems they have no other choice Laughing. His performances were poor when he played for the first team and now they are using him at the U21 team; a player who was bought for 11.704.000 £ .

Obviously, it's because they want to get him in a good shape, but he got a lot of praise after his performance against us which is a ridiculous thing. You don't praise too much such an expensive player after a good performance at the U-21 team.

About Januzaj and Lingard, I hope you are right. I really want to see those guys getting a couple of minutes in the BPL. After what they've done in the pre-season they deserve a chance. Lingard is already 20 years old and he will be 21 in December this year so he's not a kid anymore. He is a hot prospect who needs to explode.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:36 pm

U21s: West Brom 0 United 4

Manchester United picked up the first points of the Barclays Under-21 Premier League season with a comfortable 4-0 success at West Brom.

Nick Powell made his first appearance of the season and Jonny Evans stepped up his fitness with a run-out at the heart of the defence at The Hawthorns as Warren Joyce's side bounced back from Monday's 4-2 defeat to Liverpool.

As Powell, Angelo Henriquez, Adnan Januzaj's penalty and substitute Tom Lawrence all found the net, this was the perfect response to the opening-game disappointment at Salford City Stadium.

Powell took only 15 minutes to properly announce his comeback from a close-season operation and cap a one-sided opening period. The former Crewe youngster saw a goalbound header diverted for a corner but rose unchallenged to meet Januzaj's flag-kick and Wesley Atkinson was unable to keep it out on the line.

The one-way traffic continued with Powell sending a snap-shot wide, after great industry by Jesse Lingard to feed him in a central position, and a dangerous cross by Januzaj deserved to find a team-mate. Captain Tom Thorpe was inches away with a glancing header that dropped wide from an Evans centre as the Reds sought a second goal.

Januzaj produced his usual array of skills as a neat turn and one-two with Henriquez led to a shot that was saved by Jack Rose at the second attempt before Henriquez and Lingard offered wayward efforts. The pair were to combine just before the break when Henriquez fed the ball to Powell, who split the defence to release Lingard and the England Under-21 international unselfishly squared for Henriquez to supply a simple finish from close range.

The Baggies' only real attempt of the first half came when Ben Amos had to dive to keep out a free-kick by Kemar Roofe and it was only a matter of time before they fell further behind. Henriquez was crudely up-ended by Brad Garmston and Januzaj took on the responsibility to score from the spot with a perfectly-placed left-footed finish high into the net.

The red tide kept probing but Januzaj rushed a curler after being picked out by Larnell Cole's intelligent through ball and Powell skied a chance after initially winning possession with a superb challenge and running onto Lingard's cute backheel.

Tyler Blackett blazed off target and, after a spellbinding move featuring some exquisite one-touch passing, Januzaj was unable to end it for a flourish for what would have been an early Goal of the Season contender. Roofe kept Amos on his toes with another set-piece that drifted wide but substitute Lawrence wrapped things up with a strike made in South America as Guillermo Varela played a one-two with Henriquez to tee up a straightforward finish by the Welshman. It could have been worse for the Baggies but Rose made a smart stop to frustrate Henriquez late on.

United: Amos; Varela, Evans, M.Keane, Blackett; Lingard (A.Pereira 82), Cole, Thorpe, Powell (Rothwell 79), Januzaj (Lawrence 78); Henriquez. Subs not used: Sutherland, Ekangamene.

Source: manutd.com
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Only two I could find.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:04 am

Dat penalty perfectly taken by Januzaj :bow:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:18 pm

He also started for Antwerp yesterday, in what finished in a 0-0 draw, played for about 71'.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:22 pm

Petrucci Proud
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 pm

Davide Petrucci insists he has not given up hope of becoming a Manchester United first-team player after joining Royal Antwerp on loan.

Petrucci has gone down a well-trodden path as over 30 United players have spent time on loan at their Belgian feeder club.

Whilst most of the players have returned to United and then left, there have been a handful of exceptions with the likes of Darron Gibson, John O'Shea and Jonny Evans all spending time in Antwerp - before returning for first-team action at Old Trafford.

Indeed Petrucci says he spoke with Evans before making the move.

"I spoke to Jonny and he told me good things about Antwerp from when he was here," explained Petrucci to United's official website.

"So that was probably one of the reasons I came here plus the manager is Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, who was a great player. That was an extra motivation for me so that's why I came.

"I am at the age where I need to play. Reserves football is fantastic when you are young but for us, me especially, I played there for a few years and won everything every year. I needed that step up. I couldn't do more than we have done already.

"I think it's not easy for David Moyes because he's just arrived and needs to have more focus on the first team. It's understandable but I need to think about myself and try to play as well as I can. Hopefully, he will see that and I will come back.

"You need to believe all the time - otherwise there is no point to play football, you know. If you don't believe in yourself, it is better not to play. I hope I can come back to United and play for the first team."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8913653/manchester-uniteds-davide-petrucci-still-has-his-eyes-set-on-becoming-a-first-team-player
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Good lad. That's what I want to hear.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:47 am

What do you think about Henriquez? He already played 1 game for Zaragoza. I have high expectations from him. He must play at least 25 matches this season. Last season he only got 4 appeareances for Wigan. Sad
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Man Utd, Nick Powell & Wigan can benefit from loan - Owen Coyle

Coyle failed with a bid to sign the teenager, who can play in midfield or attack, while manager of Bolton.

"He's a huge talent, an exciting young English player and he's certainly one of those to keep an eye on," he said.

Coyle took Jack Wilshere and Daniel Sturridge to Bolton as youngsters and both flourished during their loan spells with Wanderers, eventually going on to become regulars with Arsenal and Liverpool respectively, as well as England internationals.

"As much as I'm a manager, first and foremost we're coaches," Coyle told BBC Radio Manchester.

"You want to help young players develop. You think back to when you were a young player and all the help you had from various coaches and managers throughout your career.

"If you can pass on any knowledge and experience to help young players go an have a glittering career, it certainly gives you a good feeling, because maybe you've played a little part in their development."

"We believe it can be a 'win-win-win' scenario," added former Burnley boss Coyle."

"It's a win for us getting a quality player like that, a win for Nick because he gets league time at a very high level, and a win for Manchester United.

"With league time under his belt and European experience, he'll go back there a better player."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24063569

Good news. It's quite frustrating when teams take a player on loan and hardly play him.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:What do you think about Henriquez? He already played 1 game for Zaragoza. I have high expectations from him. He must play at least 25 matches this season. Last season he only got 4 appeareances for Wigan. Sad
It was a shame on Wigan's part to first beg for him and then limit him to just 4 games last season.
Should have given to a championship side instead, would have been a starter and would have done loads to the lad's confidence.
hope things will be different this time with Zaragoza and hope he will come back an improved footballer.

Yea i like him as well and is expecting great things from the boy in the future. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:18 pm

watching Ravel Morrison play for West Ham right now Sad
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:41 pm

How is he playing?
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:43 pm

decent, he is being used as a CM right now his best position is arguably as a #10...the game has been pretty shite tho too this point
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next