stevieg8
Art Morte
McAgger
Nishankly
BenHarrison
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Anyone in favour of selling Suarez? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone in favour of selling Suarez?

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:16 am

Also, ever since his first interview saying "it will be hard to say no to Madrid" he continuously stated that Liverpool knew the situation of what was going on the whole time.

Don't get me wrong, Suarez is definitely in the wrong to get his way. But the club is also at fault here. Torres stated the same thing before he left as well.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Anyone in favour of selling Suarez? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone in favour of selling Suarez?

Post by RedOranje Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:21 am

You're accepting Suarez's word that the club knew his "situation" (which, at the time, was an issue with wanting to escape from the very media he's now talking to to force a move) and made a promise we're only hearing about now that the club does not wish to sell to a rival?

Alright then.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:28 am

He's stated he was promised to leave this summer. Even before Arsenal was interested. This has nothing to do with them.

Arsenal is the only team that seems interested in him now. They obviously haven't met the valuation, and I don't think they will. Even if they do, I can't see us accepting them. But that's not the point.

Torres stated the same thing. He also says the fans don't know exactly what happened during the whole Chelsea saga. I highly doubt they're trying to save face.

So my question is why is our board continuously telling players they have the right to leave if we don't make the CL?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:34 am

I've said it already, but saying it again: sell him to the first £50m bidder.

It ruins the feeling of approaching the new season when there's a player like this in the team who's dying to get out and who is all that people talk about when it comes to us. It'd be nice to sell him for 50m and get this whole episode over with and concentrate on the players we have and are happy to play for us. Like a wise man once said, "The most important people at the club are the ones who want to be there".
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:39 am

Does it really though?

You just have to look at Modric and Ronaldo in the past. They (Spurs and United) both kept them before they went to Madrid. They performed, didn't they? They still went for large money, didn't they? Let's not forget it's a World Cup year and Suarez will want to be playing regularly.

Selling to Arsenal would be disastrous. Not only do we improve a rival, but we're selling to a team that can reach higher heights with him. We'll just be left behind and won't get CL if we sell him.

Coutinho will be our only playmaker... he's 21. Close him down, we're done.
Sturridge has to rely on Coutinho and/or Suarez. How is he going to perform and score if doesn't get the chance to score?

The whole move would be stupid.

Stick to our approach. 55m AND a transfer request, and only sell to a team that's not in England.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:44 am

I didn't mean that it ruins us on the pitch, but at least for myself as a fan I find it difficult to get as elated about the start of the season when there's this bloody mess dragging on. I'd sell to Arsenal for 50m.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:48 am

It ruins us off the pitch as well.

The longer we don't make the CL, the longer this whole mess will continue. If it's not Mascherano, it's Torres. If it's not Torres, it's Suarez. If it's not Suarez, it'll soon be Coutinho.

Selling Suarez will only delay us getting CL even longer.

It's not even guaranteed we'll get into the CL with him in the squad, and who exactly are we going to replace him with?

We obviously have a new committee now, but we're just going to sign another Carroll if we were to sell Suarez now.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:04 am

After yesterday's interview. . . no more arguments JUST KICK HIS ASS OUT OF HERE!!!!!

Anyone in favour of selling Suarez? - Page 2 Funny%2Borkut%2Bscraps%2Bfunny%2Bbaby%2Bpics%2Bangry%2Bkid
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:53 am

Mascherano was another saying the club was breaking 'promises' and hence he had to force out a move too. I still don't think he said he wouldn't play against Man City, though. Think that was Roy PR to do himself a favour and get the support from the fans.

The board has continuously told players they're available to go if we don't make a CL / a bigger club comes in for them, and then that makes the players come out and make themselves look bad to the media pushing out for a  move and it's ridiculous.

Now, I'm not saying Mascherano, Suarez and Torres are not to blame. They've obviously in fault as well. But there's a lot going on behind the curtains at the club with the upper management too. We need to fix that or we're never going to progress.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 am

Two different sets of management. Multiple different managers and staff.

The only consistent factor here is that the players are the ones making the claims WHEN THEY WANT OUT. How you've decided that the players are clearly worth trusting in that situation and the club is clearly lying, I'll never comprehend.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:11 am

Ian Ayre has been in the board since, has he not? He's been doing all the contracts, has he not? He was also in the board when Rafael Benitez was sacked and said the club failed to keep promises as well.

He could of easily copied the same approach from the old board.

Obviously they're going to claim it when they want out if the club isn't exactly letting them go, especially when they've been told they're allowed to leave a year before.

Wouldn't surprise me if they do this for PR reasons to make the player look like the bad guy all the time and make the club look like they're not at fault and they're all innocent.

I hardly doubt that 3 different players (all leaving at different times of each other) and a manager would all be saying the same thing if it wasn't true.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:13 am

So, Suarez has been told to train alone. Suits him right.

It's getting difficult to see how he could play another game for us. The level of sulking would be off the scale.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:41 pm

Well, Henry has basically put his business cred on the line and stated Suarez will not be sold... period.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:31 am

Don't think this is good news. He should be sold to any club outside England for an acceptable fee.

As far as I'm concerned he disrespected our club too often and doesn't deserve to wear the jersey again. Sell him abroad or let him rot in the reserves.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:55 am

No club outside of England offered.

It's too late to get a replacement.

He'll help us fight for the CL. He'll be sold next summer; something I've been saying since that first interview. (His latest interview with the Guardian did piss me off, though. :X)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:50 am

Purely from football perspective I suppose the ideal scenario would be where we don't sell him in this window (nor in January) and he accepts this "defeat", puts his head down and gives his everything on the pitch for LFC. The thing is that I don't know if Suarez is mature enough to do that.

But because supporting a football club is, to me, about more than purely the quality of the football, it's also about certain feel-good factor of supporting your club and its players, and after the way Suarez has treated LFC I'd still prefer to sell him for £50m and get rid of this cancer now, if possible.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:07 am

i love watch President Obama his puts are so funny

can you image President Obama calls in the press to talk about Luis Suárez

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:35 am

Art Morte wrote:Purely from football perspective I suppose the ideal scenario would be where we don't sell him in this window (nor in January) and he accepts this "defeat", puts his head down and gives his everything on the pitch for LFC. The thing is that I don't know if Suarez is mature enough to do that.

But because supporting a football club is, to me, about more than purely the quality of the football, it's also about certain feel-good factor of supporting your club and its players, and after the way Suarez has treated LFC I'd still prefer to sell him for £50m and get rid of this cancer now, if possible.
This has more to do with off the field issues. Suarez has ALWAYS played with 100% on the pitch. He'll continue to do that here. He also has no choice here if he is to prove a point, considering this year is a WC year and he'll want to be fit and firing for Uruguay.

He's not really cancer, though. Was Gerrard "cancer" in 2004/05? Players try to move all the time. Suarez obviously did the wrong thing here, and has put a little bit of shame on the club. But if he puts in the performances that's expected and required of him, not many people will care.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:07 pm

You guys really think Suarez will play well through all this? I doubt it. Higuain and Lisandro Lopez couldn't and they're good peeps. The other nutcase, Tevez, was a shadow of himself.

These type of players thrive and use emotion to elevate their game. When they don't have that boost, they become average.

What a kunta this Suarez. However, Liverpool should have known that trouble was brewing with all his comments in June... they decided to let time deal with it as opposed to taking action and selling him. Now, it's such a lose-lose situation for Liverpool that they're stuck: Can't sell to Arsenal and nobody else is bidding that high because Suarez is such a kunta.

Rock and a hard place really. If i were a Liverpool fan, i wouldn't expect much from Suarez and i would try to emotionally detach myself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:53 pm

something-red wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Purely from football perspective I suppose the ideal scenario would be where we don't sell him in this window (nor in January) and he accepts this "defeat", puts his head down and gives his everything on the pitch for LFC. The thing is that I don't know if Suarez is mature enough to do that.

He's not really cancer, though.
- Get in a racism row that plays a part in a club legend getting sacked as manager.
- Flip the bird at opposition's set of fans.
- Admit to diving.
- Bite a player and get yourself a nice long suspension.
- Talk all summer about how you want to get out.
- Be made to train alone after sulking in pre-season games and having a bad attitude at training.
- Plea once more to get out and most likely tell lies of how you were promised an exit.
- Consider legal action against your club if they don't sell you for £40m.

Yeah, not a cancer at all.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:You guys really think Suarez will play well through all this?  I doubt it.  Higuain and Lisandro Lopez couldn't and they're good peeps.  The other nutcase, Tevez, was a shadow of himself.

These type of players thrive and use emotion to elevate their game.  When they don't have that boost, they become average.

What a kunta this Suarez.  However, Liverpool should have known that trouble was brewing with all his comments in June... they decided to let time deal with it as opposed to taking action and selling him.  Now, it's such a lose-lose situation for Liverpool that they're stuck:  Can't sell to Arsenal and nobody else is bidding that high because Suarez is such a kunta.

Rock and a hard place really.  If i were a Liverpool fan, i wouldn't expect much from Suarez and i would try to emotionally detach myself.
I don't understand your comparison, didn't Higuain want to leave last year too? Obviously it wasn't a crazy saga like this, but I thought he wanted out for more game time, and was held against his will. He made 43 appearances this year, so it's not like he was unable to contribute after that.

Anyway, you're misunderstanding things - Liverpool's only option in terms of taking action was not to sell Suarez, they also had the option of working to keep him with messages both to him and through the press. This strategy clearly succeeded, because they put his price out of the range where anyone was bidding.

Finally, I'm not sure what you would've wanted Liverpool to do earlier in the summer to resolve this faster, it's not like there were bids then that don't exist anymore. It's been stated that RM were never in for him, and even Arsenal wasn't bidding in the time frame you're referring to; I'm not sure what Liverpool could've done. Transfer listed him? Offered him to other clubs? Both of those would be cut rate deals, which would kill the entire point.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:16 pm

That's exactly what i'm saying... Higuain was held against his will (Benzema too) and they both underperformed.  These guys are obviously more stable than Suarez.  You also have Tevez example out there, which is more relevant to Suarez Laughing

My point is that Liverpool should expect a poor year from Suarez unless he stuns everyone and acts professionally... which i don't see in him.

If Liverpool had made it clear that Suarez is available, i guarantee you that clubs like Napoli, Chelsea and others would have jumped in. Chelsea still might if Rooney gets completely shut down. Liverpool put such a strong "no" statement out there that most clubs didn't bother...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:05 pm

Art Morte wrote:
something-red wrote:

- Get in a racism row that plays a part in a club legend getting sacked as manager.
- Admit to diving.
- Be made to train alone after sulking in pre-season games and having a bad attitude at training.
- Plea once more to get out and most likely tell lies of how you were promised an exit.

-Club legend manager was sacked because he wasn't FSGs preferred signing; he was Damien Commoli's. The moment FSG came in they stated they wanted a young manager to lead for a decade. Unfortunately for Dalglish he wasn't that. Suarez is also "not guilty" of racism according to the FA AND Evra, his ban was simply to prove a point that racism is a serious issue. Let's not forget the treatment the FA give to foreign footballers, btw.
-Torres has done the same. So have money other players. Giving the finger means f*ck all, honestly.
-Bale has admitted to diving. So has Walcott. So has Eduardo. So has every Tom, Dick and Harry out there. Are they "cancer" at their respected clubs?
-He never had bad attitude at training. Rodgers has always said he's trained right with the team and he respects his team mates. He's currently training alone because of his latest interview.
-He's not the only player to come out of Liverpool and say he was promised to leave after staying one more year because of a lack of CL. Something's definitely happening behind the scenes.
-To consider legal action is *bleep*, but definitely does not make him cancer at the club. Cancer was the likes of G+H and Hodgson etc. People that nearly put the club into administration and brought mediocrity to the club.

Suarez will definitely have a role to play for Liverpool this coming season, the moment he comes back from his ban he'll be fired up to play. You're wrong if you don't think he'll play after this whole mess.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:That's exactly what i'm saying... Higuain was held against his will (Benzema too) and they both underperformed.  These guys are obviously more stable than Suarez.  You also have Tevez example out there, which is more relevant to Suarez Laughing

My point is that Liverpool should expect a poor year from Suarez unless he stuns everyone and acts professionally... which i don't see in him.

If Liverpool had made it clear that Suarez is available, i guarantee you that clubs like Napoli, Chelsea and others would have jumped in.  Chelsea still might if Rooney gets completely shut down.  Liverpool put such a strong "no" statement out there that most clubs didn't bother...
Liverpool have said he's only available to a team that's not in England and coughs up 55+m. Who can honestly afford that other than Madrid as of now? Madrid don't want him.

Luis Suarez won't have a poor year. The same thing happened after the 2010 World Cup where he was continuously linked to Barcelona and Suarez tried to engineer a move from Ajax. He stayed at Ajax, and played at 100%. He was also the captain at the club. There's no evidence what so ever to suggest he'll be "underperforming because he's sad".
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:15 pm

something-red wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
something-red wrote:
- Admit to diving.

-Club legend manager was sacked because he wasn't FSGs preferred signing; he was Damien Commoli's. The moment FSG came in they stated they wanted a young manager to lead for a decade. Unfortunately for Dalglish he wasn't that. Suarez is also "not guilty" of racism according to the FA AND Evra, his ban was simply to prove a point that racism is a serious issue. Let's not forget the treatment the FA give to foreign footballers, btw.
-Torres has done the same. So have money other players. Giving the finger means f*ck all, honestly.
-Bale has admitted to diving. So has Walcott. So has Eduardo. So has every Tom, Dick and Harry out there. Are they "cancer" at their respected clubs?
-He never had bad attitude at training. Rodgers has always said he's trained right with the team and he respects his team mates. He's currently training alone because of his latest interview.
-He's not the only player to come out of Liverpool and say he was promised to leave after staying one more year because of a lack of CL. Something's definitely happening behind the scenes.
-To consider legal action is *bleep*, but definitely does not make him cancer at the club. Cancer was the likes of G+H and Hodgson etc. People that nearly put the club into administration and brought mediocrity to the club.  

Suarez will definitely have a role to play for Liverpool this coming season, the moment he comes back from his ban he'll be fired up to play. You're wrong if you don't think he'll play after this whole mess.  
The BBC article said that the decision to make him train alone was done before his latest interview and because of the attitude he showed in pre-season games and training.

Also you give examples of different players doing some of the stuff on the list, but no one has come near to doing it all, in a less than three years' time, too.

You're his number one fan here and he is a terrific player, but he simply has done too much negative sh*t for me to enjoy seeing him in a Liverpool shirt any longer. If he stays for this season and does his best, then good, but in the end he won't be an LFC player that I'll cherish in my memories.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:23 pm

He has always been training with the squad... he's been "banished" since the interview where he went to the Guardian and told them he wanted to leave in an attempt to discipline him / get his head out of his ass and think about what he's just done. Like John Henry has said, that's for Luis and Rodgers to work out.

So what if they've done some of the things he's done? Is Bale considered cancer because he dives? It's a weak argument. Look at Rooney. Is he cancer at United? Sure he's stooged them for a 250k a week for his contract, but he's carried them to how many premierships? He genuinely wants to leave now purely because he doesn't have a relationship with David Moyes.

Suarez has done nothing but help the club progress since he's been here. If we've been going downhill, sure. You can call him cancer, you call him whatever you want. But since he's been here he's only carried us to the best possible outcome we could of got from our current position.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next