TheRedStag
The Franchise
free_cat
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Barcelona - Santos - Page 4 Empty Re: Barcelona - Santos

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:29 pm

We play "half touch football" as Alves calls it. He'll need to drop that. I'm sure he will adapt though, he barely spent a week training for us.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Well, I would agree, but i think he was brought in to basically bring something different in attack and take the "decisiveness" responsibility out of Messi, if he was to play this half touch football then he would just be another Pedro/Alexis.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:38 pm

Yes but at the edge of the box you have to accelerate the play, especially if there's space. There was space and he decided to slow it down. Anyway, he didn't do this in other games I watched so maybe it was the excitement.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:43 pm

The problem was that he stopped moving, not that he touched the ball too much. He got the ball and stood still instead of dribbling passing or shooting.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:51 pm

I like Very Happy sure its against Santos, but promising!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:28 am

he only stopped the ball in the last minute of the game tbh

looked pretty bad,shouldnt play more than 45 minutes until the first liga game
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:43 am

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:38 am

Just saw the goals. But its great to see Sanchez and Cesc doing well. I keep saying they are unfairl;y criticized so often, I hope they can continue to show they are good enough in the upcoming season Smile

Neymar at the start Im sure will need to adapt, not sure if he will be trying too much to impress by doing too much flash moves, just best to be effective.

Adriano at it again, hes class and should get more chances this season.

Things looking good, but Santos looked poor and didnt get a chance to see our defense which is the problem area Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:46 am

I'm going to quote myself on the Mallorca game before the PSG game..
where Cesc and Alexis both had one of their best games in a Barca shirt. (Cesc scoring a hat trick and Alexis scoring a brace)

Donuts wrote:I am very happy about the current results but I am trying very hard not to get excited with this form as they both have disappointed me one too many times this season, if they do it vs PSG then i'll change my mind but for now eh..
Although would be nice if cesc kept this form.. imagine

and surely enough Cesc and Alexis failed when it really mattered.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:46 am

What a match, even though we shouldn’t forget that Santos is mid-table in Brazil right now. Lots of players looked very good. Now that the press is back, expect him to capitalize on the chaos that it creates to get back among the goals in a big way.

Neither Dongou or Bagnack are ready, but that they are being taken on the Asia tour shows that Martino wants to have a good, hard look at them. It also buttresses confidence among Masia players, in giving them a clear look at a path to the first team, if they earn it on the pitch. Perfect read of a situation, and an excellent move.

– Note Martino’s words on Fabregas, which some are reading as there still being doubt that the player will stay. I have said before that he isn’t going anywhere. He played today like he had something to prove. I also like how Martino played it. I like the player and want him to stay, as he is a big part of my plans. The rest is up to him. This is absolutely true, just as it was for Thiago, it must also be noted.

As much as we would like concrete denials from the player, Fabregas might be thinking that it isn’t even worth dignifying such talk with an answer. Or as some have speculated, perhaps he is using the silence and the pressure from the rumors to lever more playing time or something. If that latter is the case, to hell with him. Leave. But I don’t believe that to be the actual case.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:53 am

If he leaves it'll benefit us in the long term, next season we might be screwed but we'll manage.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:01 am

The Sanchez wrote:What a match, even though we shouldn’t forget that Santos is mid-table in Brazil right now. Lots of players looked very good. Now that the press is back, expect him to capitalize on the chaos that it creates to get back among the goals in a big way.

Neither Dongou or Bagnack are ready, but that they are being taken on the Asia tour shows that Martino wants to have a good, hard look at them. It also buttresses confidence among Masia players, in giving them a clear look at a path to the first team, if they earn it on the pitch. Perfect read of a situation, and an excellent move.

– Note Martino’s words on Fabregas, which some are reading as there still being doubt that the player will stay. I have said before that he isn’t going anywhere. He played today like he had something to prove. I also like how Martino played it. I like the player and want him to stay, as he is a big part of my plans. The rest is up to him. This is absolutely true, just as it was for Thiago, it must also be noted.

As much as we would like concrete denials from the player, Fabregas might be thinking that it isn’t even worth dignifying such talk with an answer. Or as some have speculated, perhaps he is using the silence and the pressure from the rumors to lever more playing time or something. If that latter is the case, to hell with him. Leave. But I don’t believe that to be the actual case.

Good points, I mostly agree.

But not to harp back on it, but the same was not true of Thiago. Nobody ever said he was part of Barcelona's plans.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:04 am

The Franchise wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:What a match, even though we shouldn’t forget that Santos is mid-table in Brazil right now. Lots of players looked very good. Now that the press is back, expect him to capitalize on the chaos that it creates to get back among the goals in a big way.

But not to harp back on it, but the same was not true of Thiago. Nobody ever said he was part of Barcelona's plans.

Good point and totally forgot he himself said this.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:08 am

I must say, our Masia players are looking GREAT since our friendlies started (from Bayern all the way to today vs Santos). I read an article when Martino was first rumored to be our new manager about him, and apparently he highly values bringing in and promoting youth players from the teams own school. That right there gives me very high hope that he will work very well with not only giving our bench proper rotation but also give our youth guys some time here and there. It must also give them huge confidence that they will get a chance to succeed in the future withe the club. Remember Peps first year, that was a big thing that happened which revolutionized the squad. I

also feel that with proper pressing Pique/Masch or whoever is the new CB will start to look allot better back there. And one thing Tata mainly wants to change is bringing the team back to its early Peps years type of pressing. Something that was completely gone last year. Thats VERY encouraging to hear him say over and over in every presser he is in. This guy seems to know whats up

To note, Tata has mentioned that he wants his new CB signed and ready for the first leg vs Atletico. So hopefully thats a sign he realizes our main issue and also putting some pressure on the club to get shit done asap.

I think Cesc would be amazing as a back up to Iniesta as he was today. Problem is, Cesc is too good for that and at the same time has failed to be a constant working piece within our system. I could see him saying *bleep* this and leave to Man Utd to get regular game time. he knows damn well he won't get that with us as a starter. And i don't blame him.

Alexis and Sergi have been AMAZING these friendlies. I hope they can both keep it up during the season. As I mentioned before, with Messi and Neymar getting all the attention from the defenders, it should open things up allot for the right wing guys to do some damage. Sergis form might make it a bit easier to forget losing Thiago. Great to see how good our school is that can produce talent after talent

Neymar more than anything looked to gas. Which means he isnt in game shape yet and is kinda surprising to me. At his age and the low amount of time he played it's pretty wild he would gas so fast. Maybe it was the jitters of his first game at the Nou. He will be just fine though imo. He is still trying to just run all over the place and not really in our system yet, but once he is he should be a great contributer. I was worried he was gonna hate playing 2nd fiddle to Messi, but I think I had this kid all wrong. Since arriving, he has acted like a complete fan of Messi, and looked to be in awe of being near him. At the end of the day, he has come off as just a big a fan of his as anybody else would be and has not arrived with an ego of wanting to take charge of the spot light. He mentioned being next to his idol Messi was the greatest day of his life. Thats pretty powerful.

I am really liking his and Tatas attitudes tbh.

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:09 am

The Franchise wrote:

Zubi & Tito talked to Thiago and told him that they wanted him to stay etc.. but Thiago wanted to leave.

As much as I like Thiago, he didn't want to triumph at Barca (he said it more than once, also in 2011 after he renewed his contract)... I don't want such players in the team!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:23 am

windkick, it's only normal for Neymar to be tired out, he's played as many games as Xavi and despite being very young it gets tiring.
Along with moving to a whole new country and traveling all over the world he and Xavi need a break.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:55 am

For sure, I'm not knocking him. I would be tired too Smile

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:30 am

"I'm not thinking about Barca without Cesc," he told reporters. "I've talked to him, I've explained my ideas. He's one of the best in the squad, but there's also a part that he has to decide.If it depends on me, he'll stay, and I believe he will, so I haven't thought about who I'd sign to replace him yet." --- tata
i had no doubt that Cesc is staying....But after this speech, it seems cesc is still in confusion. unlike thaigo Cesc has got it publicly from coach. So after that, if he leaves - more than welcome.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:35 am

I think Xavi's performance cant be compared to Cesc's in this game. Cesc was moving near the box all the time- completely playing as an attacking midfielder role,barely controlled the pace of the game (the biggest skill of Xavi) rather added himself into game pace, had some good assists and scored goal- something he did last seasons also, right?? So why all of a sudden these quality became an indicator of his improvement and being better than xavi, is not clear to me.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:57 am

Donuts wrote:I'm going to quote myself on the Mallorca game before the PSG game..
where Cesc and Alexis both had one of their best games in a Barca shirt. (Cesc scoring a hat trick and Alexis scoring a brace)

Donuts wrote:I am very happy about the current results but I am trying very hard not to get excited with this form as they both have disappointed me one too many times this season, if they do it vs PSG then i'll change my mind but for now eh..
Although would be nice if cesc kept this form.. imagine

and surely enough Cesc and Alexis failed when it really mattered.

I don't remember the first leg well, but I think that I thought that Alexis played well in that game, apart from that missed that he made. He even won a penalty. And in the 2nd leg everyone, except for Iniesta, played awful..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:34 pm

windkick wrote:For sure, I'm not knocking him. I would be tired too Smile

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1513511/neymar-barcelona-anaemia-keep-training?cc=5901

He has anaemia which causes him too get tired fast and thus explains why Barca havn't started him yet since he is currently receiving treatment.

I knew something was up. Found it strange that Neymar, notorious for his cardio and short rests between games for club and country would get tired playing a half
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4