neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 13 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 14 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:07 am

When is this documentary of his coming out?

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 14 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Cruijf Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Reading through this thread, you'd think Barca fans would defend Messi at every opportunity, but instead it seems you constantly find reasons to criticize him. He's not as good as he was in 2012, sure, but saying he should be dropped or sold is comical Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:29 pm

ACMRox wrote:Reading through this thread, you'd think Barca fans would defend Messi at every opportunity, but instead it seems you constantly find reasons to criticize him. He's not as good as he was in 2012, sure, but saying he should be dropped or sold is comical Laughing

many fans here are rather spoiled.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:12 am

From what I understand his Tax evasion problems are still going on. Anybody worried about it at all?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:23 am

Donuts wrote:
ACMRox wrote:Reading through this thread, you'd think Barca fans would defend Messi at every opportunity, but instead it seems you constantly find reasons to criticize him. He's not as good as he was in 2012, sure, but saying he should be dropped or sold is comical Laughing

many fans here are rather spoiled.

I've supported Barça since the days of Gaspart, so even though I was young at the time I've seen the good and the bad. I'm just as 'spoiled' as anyone here. That doesn't take away from the fact that Messi, even though he is such a great player, doesn't seem to fit very well tactically into this team and what Lucho seems to envision for it. It's also not true (but then I am obviously purely speaking for myself) that I want Messi out. I stand by the fact that he is still a great player, one of the best in the world. If he would set his mind to it I am sure of it he will/could be the very best once again. Some people just don't seem to understand the difference between wanting someone gone or discussing if it would be a good thing to do so based on a larger picture. Again, I don't want him gone. I want Song, Pedro, Montoya and Afellay gone. My perception of Messi isn't like that at all.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:04 pm

Looks like he's saving himself for Barca this season. Didn't take part in the friendlies with Argentina but apparently took part in the friendly game behind closed doors against Barca B and scored a hattrick according to Cope, RAC1 and MD. Proud

Tata's comments as Argentina coach are also kinda revealing tbh:

Martino (coach ARG): "Messi will continue as captain. He's very focused on the Liga now, sometimes club has priority, sometimes country."

Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Donuts wrote:i think he's making it up so he doesn't play the nt friendlies.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Meh, I doubt he would not want to play vs Germany. We've been kicked out of 3 wcs in a row by them, he must hate them. I think he really did have some injury problems and did not want to risk getting back into the injury cycle he had last season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:44 pm

I would understand why he wouldn't he just spent the whole summer with argentina and knows this game is pretty pointless.. probably wanted to focus on barca and stay as fit as possible.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:15 am

"If he wanted to be the best defender around he would be. He does things that people couldn't do on a Playstation video game console."

Pep once said the same thing now Enrique is saying it Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:33 am

And always with the same example: "best defender". DEM psychological tricks to make him press and work harder off the ball. Proud Proud Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:26 am

Fussball, yhuu genius.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:"If he wanted to be the best defender around he would be. He does things that people couldn't do on a Playstation video game console."

Pep once said the same thing now Enrique is saying it Laughing
Truely great players can play any position.

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 14 Messigoalie
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:00 pm

Have been extremely impressed with his play on the ball.Almost perfect.This season,he has made the right play with the ball almost every single time.Doesnt try to over dribble.Always passes to the open player instead of going for the magic play.
Different compared to previous seasons.Previously he would often ignore open players and go alone.Because he was so good,it would work.
No complaints with the ball.Without the ball,still sometimes a bit static.But atleast he is running now compared to last few seasons.
So overall quite happy with his performance.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:15 pm

He is pressing a lot compared to last few seasons, though things can be improved, but if he keeps it like this I aint complaining.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:19 pm

He was pressing a lot at the beginning of the past season too. Then he got injured and got scared of missing the world cup so he stopped. Let's hope he doesn't get injured again.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:52 pm

Messi is 2 goals off becoming the joint la liga top scorer and 3 off becoming the top lone top scorer.

And guess who we are playing in 2 match days :whistle:

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:12 pm

Explains his Heskey-esque finishing against Rayo. He wants to celebrate it in the Bernaleo. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:28 pm

Inb4messiscoresahattrickagainstelbar *coffee*
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:15 pm

Might be injured left Argentina's practice early feeling his left thigh.
could be real... or could be agent tata doing us a favor by not playing him.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:20 pm

apparently left 30 minutes early from training with a physio but it could be for several number of reasons, one mainly being the smog of being has been said to affect some players.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:40 am

Agent tata
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:37 am

i am sure we will play with the best team available....Messi will not miss...expecting brazil to get destroyed :coffee:
tevez return would be interesting...but dont know how we will accommodate him...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:15 pm

I think offensively he has been near perfect this season.Last 2 seasons,I felt when we had the ball,he was often a liability as he barely moved off the ball.Always static and wanting the ball at feet instead of providing movement off the ball.
Tremendous improvement in that aspect.He is not static and provides good movement.
He is making runs for throughballs and hitting the box when we have the ball wide.As a result he is getting a lot of chances.Unfortunately he does not have his scoring boots on right now but it is only a matter of time before he starts banging them in.
And with the ball too,he has been brilliant and making the right play almost every time.
Another thing I noticed is that he is competing for headers a lot this season,something which I have never seen.He is in the box when we take a corner and competes for the ball with opposition defenders.It is something I always felt he should do.Though short,he has a terrific leap and a good heading technique.But he never used to compete for headers.Maybe Enrique has convinced him to do so.

Defensively,still not perfect but atleast he puts in some effort which is a marked contrast to previous seasons.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:45 am

is it true that he didn't got subed when the coach asked him to?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:40 pm

The coached asked him if he wanted to be subbed, he declined.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next