neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 15 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Bankz Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:28 pm

Inb4messiscoresahattrickagainstelbar *coffee*

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 15 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Donuts Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Might be injured left Argentina's practice early feeling his left thigh.
could be real... or could be agent tata doing us a favor by not playing him.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:20 pm

apparently left 30 minutes early from training with a physio but it could be for several number of reasons, one mainly being the smog of being has been said to affect some players.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:40 am

Agent tata
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:37 am

i am sure we will play with the best team available....Messi will not miss...expecting brazil to get destroyed :coffee:
tevez return would be interesting...but dont know how we will accommodate him...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:15 am

I think offensively he has been near perfect this season.Last 2 seasons,I felt when we had the ball,he was often a liability as he barely moved off the ball.Always static and wanting the ball at feet instead of providing movement off the ball.
Tremendous improvement in that aspect.He is not static and provides good movement.
He is making runs for throughballs and hitting the box when we have the ball wide.As a result he is getting a lot of chances.Unfortunately he does not have his scoring boots on right now but it is only a matter of time before he starts banging them in.
And with the ball too,he has been brilliant and making the right play almost every time.
Another thing I noticed is that he is competing for headers a lot this season,something which I have never seen.He is in the box when we take a corner and competes for the ball with opposition defenders.It is something I always felt he should do.Though short,he has a terrific leap and a good heading technique.But he never used to compete for headers.Maybe Enrique has convinced him to do so.

Defensively,still not perfect but atleast he puts in some effort which is a marked contrast to previous seasons.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:45 am

is it true that he didn't got subed when the coach asked him to?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:40 am

The coached asked him if he wanted to be subbed, he declined.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:36 pm

Balague's book discusses the relationship between the two, insisting they are not friends but act politely in public for the benefit of the media.

The Spanish football journalist claims several players at the Bernabeu relayed the information to him, and that Ronaldo not only calls Messi by 'motherf*****' but anyone who is caught speaking to his Ballon d'Or rival.

'Ronaldo, perhaps as a symptom of the immaturity that marks so many footballers, thinks it necessary to put on a brave face in front of his team-mates, not be scared of Messi and to rise to the challenge,' Balague writes in his book, serialised by The Telegraph.

'All very macho; all very false. And that is why, according to some Real Madrid players, CR7 has a nickname for him: "motherf*****"; and if he sees someone from the club speaking to Leo, he also ends up being baptised "motherf*****".

All tho Balague is a piece of shit anyways and I wouldn't take what he says seriously, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was true neither.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:32 pm

Ronaldo denied it on FB and said his lawyers will take action. Ballague. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:57 pm

Why people write false things for attention is beyond me. Like seriously.. no one would even read his piece of shit book if he hadnt put that in there
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:11 am

FennecFox7 wrote:Why people write false things for attention is beyond me. Like seriously.. no one would even read his piece of shit book if he hadnt put that in there

You answered you own question.

He makes stuff up, sounds interesting...people want to read the book.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:44 am

I didn't watch Argentina's game. Anybody got some news on how Messi did? I read he played on the right
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:45 am

Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:55 am

He played well but Croatia put 7 first timers on the pitch. Finishing still iffy. What the hell happened to his finishing?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:49 am

Poor finishing is usually a function of how tired a player is.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:11 pm

It's also a function of number of burgers someone eats, I reckon.

Tata still feeding him with DAT Argentinian BBQ?

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 15 Lionel-Messi-BBQ-Pic-Instagram

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:16 pm

In your last CL game against Ajax, Messi again was chewing something the very second before kickoff, standing there in the middle circle.
Can anyone tell me their thoughts what that is about? Don't recall seeing any other player ever do that hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:23 pm

A bubble gum probably. He has those vomitting issues. hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:25 pm

It is a mystery what has happened to his finishing.Couple of years back,he was lethal.As lethal as anyone I have ever seen.Now he misses sitters every game.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:44 pm

Fußball wrote:A bubble gum probably. He has those vomitting issues. hmm

I don't think it was a chewing gum tbh. There's one image where you see him chewing like you chew food, and then swallowing hard, as if to get it down. Right before kickoff.

Check it out on the lastminutegoals full match recording or something (don't know if it's appropriate to post links here)
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:29 pm

Maybe he is tired. Maybe that explains his finishing. He's ran and played allot of footy since he came into the first team. Plus he constantly looks frustrated on the pitch, like he wants to get back to his lethal goal scoring form but he just falls short.

When your fresh, you react first. When you tired, you think about reacting before you actually react; your body is a tad bit slower to do what you want it to do. Which might be exactly whats wrong with his finish.

Btw, I keep reading he was beats on the right for Argentina so I wouldn't be surprise if Lucho moves him out right and plays Suarez centrally (ala when Messi first came into the first team and Eto'o was the striker with Ronaldinho on the left....except this time we would have Neymar on the left. Rakitic would be our new Deco etc)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:34 pm

Lucho already moved him to the right against Almeria and Ajax in the 2nd half. I would actually move him there as well for a period and see if he can regain some physical sharpness when he has to cover more ground from wide and gets to take on 1 fullback regularly with more space and without being crowded by 3 or 4 or 5 players as it happens in the center.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:34 pm

tbh messi already plays like 1/4 of the game on the right, 1/4 in midfield and the other half in the center.
moving him to the right would leave a hole in our already odd midfield system, i rather have messi drop deep then suarez.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:38 pm

We looked much more fluid with Messi on the wing against Ajax. We also looked much more fluid when Messi was injured last season. Messi dropping consistently, offering no runs, always demanding the ball, not pressing and moving only 8 km per game in the center of the park might actually be what is crippling the system right now. Although I'm not saying this is true or not. Just a quick thought. Suarez is as elite as it gets as a central player. Even as a passer. But above all he runs non-stop.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:29 am

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 15 Messigraph

We have hit the post 11 times in La Liga and Messi has 6 of those Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next