neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 20 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:47 am

Leo Messi surpasses Telmo Zarra's hattrick record of 31. Leo now has 32.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 20 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:51 am

Pressi :bow:

http://giant.gfycat.com/TerrificSafeDwarfmongoose.gif
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:04 am

I dont understand this man sometimes Laughing

He is pressing a goalie deep in the second half, 3 nil up.

But he wont press a CB 10 minutes into the game at 0-0
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:33 pm

And Messi, whose top form in the past two months has helped Barca to do a clean sweep of rivals in all competitions, has ironically compared his talents with a ball at his feet to that of a high-stakes poker player.

"There are people who suggest that my way of playing football is innate," the four-time Ballon d'Or winner told Four Four Two . "I do not know if this is the case, but it is true that I have a gambler's instinct.

"On the pitch I'm always looking to make the best move or the best decision, while trying not to do what the opponent expects me to do.

"When I feel the grass under my feet, I feel safe. I use the huge pressure to be better because pressure helps me to develop my skills."

Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:02 am

didnt even realise messi has a sleeve tattoo now Shocked

MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:27 am

Sextuple – ‏@BarcaStat

Balls won back
This season: Messi 132, Neymar 117 (9 to 12 games left!!!)
Last season: Messi 62, Neymar 82
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:19 am

I cant help but feel sorry for Martino on a personal level, when I see stats like this.
Just imagine how little effort he was giving last season with less than half the amount of balls won...and not once did Martino say anything negative, even to this day.

Is Neymar not just generally playing more minutes and with less injuries? Therefore he has more minutes to win more balls?

I imagine Messi himself played more this season also.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:16 am

Yeah Messi and Neymar were both injured for over a month last season. But I also think that Martino just didn't ask for as much high pressing as Lucho does.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:01 pm

why feel bad for tata..

he self admittedly said that he had zero control in the team, and was more of a by-stander.
he went from a small team to one of the biggest in the world, it was dumb of us to have that expectation of him that he'd be good enough.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:04 pm

I feel bad for him because his best player was even lazier than he is this season, I am quite sure if he could have he would wanted a Messi who works a bit harder.

As a coach in his position (a relatively small and unknown one) there is only so much you can say and everyone knows it. Until you earn your respect.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:28 am

http://spielverlagerung.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/04/BERSEPSG1.png

interesting picture showing some average positions.
the amount of people messi sucks in.. christ
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:03 pm

I very much doubt that chart.I could have sworn he played a lot more central and stayed central.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:22 pm

From that same website, you got the picture from. Found this to be pretty interesting:

Messi’s reaction to PSG’s defensive strategy against him was to move completely into the center and make Suarez move out to the right flank – though they still switched positions at times. This was especially intelligent as this meant he was directly connected to Barcelona’s advantageous zone – the combinations on the left flank. The first goal came when Iniesta played the ball from the left halfspace into Messi (who was in the center), Messi then dribbled forward and played Neymar through the defense to score.

Lucho has mentioned that Messi decides where he will move on the field and tells others what to do – like when Messi made the switch to the right-winger role and told Suarez to stay in the center. This was yet another move during a high-level game where it’s beginning to feel like Messi has a high level of tactical intelligence – even if on an intuitive level (if Lucho is telling the truth!

I've noticed since the Madrid game he's been moving centrally more often. Against Madrid in the 2nd half, Sevilla in the 2nd half, and vs PSG.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Its why average positions cant be trusted. Or more accurately, you always have to understand the limitations.

You need more than average positions because they dont show you movement, what is the starting position relative to the ball and when is the next position to take up once the ball is shifted.

Also, average position charts would be alot better if they were separated by possession, two charts which show the average position when your team has the ball vs when they dont. Still has big limitations but indeed it would be better still.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:59 pm

His link-up on the right with Rakitic and Alves has not been as fresh as it was Jan-Feb, and it's showing as he gets isolated more and more. This frustration with not getting the ball always drives him to the middle, and I can't help but think that it sort of ruins the flow in Barca's game.

While overloading the midfield is a good idea when the team is losing control of the match, if you don't put the requisite defensive work when you do that, the entire defensive shape of the side changes. Luckily, against the better teams he is very clearly working a lot harder than usual and hopefully the same happens against Bayern.

In other news, he really needs a rest.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:21 am

I agree that he gets isolated and i also noticed it. This is exactly what opponents want but we ourselves doing them a favor.
he clearly needs rest before bayern game but whi is going to tell him that Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:44 am

Messi's been getting it in, on and off the field

http://www.espnfc.us/barcelona/story/2426028/lionel-messis-wife-expecting-second-child-barca-star-says
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 05, 2015 8:04 pm

http://estaticos.sport.es/resources/jpg/4/9/messi-lucio-nuevo-tattoo-1430830025794.jpg

All the money in the world can't buy good taste...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue May 05, 2015 11:11 pm

whats wrong with him :facepalm: him in 1st pic looks more like the demonstration of new Sony humanoid

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue May 05, 2015 11:35 pm

I've noticed it, and it looks awful
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 06, 2015 1:42 am

https://i.imgur.com/I1dsB2k.jpg
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed May 06, 2015 2:29 am

Messi's tatoos are awful. His mom's face, his son's hands that look like a birth spot, and now this full sleeve that doesn't go with his personality and style at all. Nice that is Gaudí inspired though.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 06, 2015 3:26 am

I actually like the sleeve but why would he tattoo that yellow flower on his arm ffs
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 08, 2015 1:48 pm

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 20 CreamyConfusedAlbatross

Reminding me much of the 2011 final

great stuff
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri May 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Question:

Is this the best form (2015) Messi has been in? He isn't as clinical as he was a few years ago, but he's the total footballer these days.

Edit: 2015 Messi

Last edited by Casciavit on Fri May 08, 2015 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 08, 2015 3:11 pm

No, in early 2015 he was in much better form.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next