What do you make of Rosell?

Go down

What do you make of Rosell?

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:29 pm

So let's make a little survey to see where everyone stands on Rosell's most controversial decisions.

I agree/disagree that Rosell was the right man to get our finances in shape and has been succesful in that regard
I agree/disagree with removing Cruyff from the title of honorary president
I agree/disagree with his decision to prosecute Laporta's administration
I agree/disagree with getting sponsorship from the Qatar Foundation
I agree/disagree with getting sponsorship from Qatar Airways
I agree/disagree with appointing Eusebio to the B team
I agree/disagree with appointing Zubizarreta as the sporting director
I agree/disagree that appointing Tito Vilanova after Pep was a sound decision at the time
I agree/disagree with sticking by Tito after his cancer resurfaced and appointing Roura on a temporary basis
I agree/disagree that Pep was treated fairly by Rosell
I agree/disagree that Abidal was treated fairly by Rosell
I agree/disagree with our pre-season policy during his presidency
I agree/disagree with Rosell's role has played during the transfer seasons
I agree/disagree with Rosell's role in Neymar's arrival
I agree/disagree with Rosell's role in Thiago's departure
I agree/disagree with Tata Martino's appointment
Overall I am satisfied/dissatisfied with Rosell's presidency

If anyone can think of any other big ones I'll add them.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Club Supported : River Plate

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you make of Rosell?

Post by Hawky on Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:49 pm

I agree that Rosell was the right man to get our finances in shape and has been succesful in that regard

I disagree with removing Cruyff from the title of honorary president

I disagree with getting sponsorship from the Qatar Foundation

I disagree with getting sponsorship from Qatar Airways

I disagree with appointing Eusebio to the B team (Oscar would have been a better pick)

I disagree with appointing Zubizarreta as the sporting director (has been awful so far)

I agree/ that appointing Tito Vilanova after Pep was a sound decision at the time

I agree with sticking by Tito after his cancer resurfaced and appointing Roura on a temporary basis

I disagree that Pep was treated fairly by Rosell

I disagree that Abidal was treated fairly by Rosell

I disagree with our pre-season policy during his presidency

I disagree with Rosell's role has played during the transfer seasons

I agree with Rosell's role in Neymar's arrival (although it was a signing for marketing purposes, we have bigger issues that haven't been solved - the CB saga)

I disagree with Rosell's role in Thiago's departure

I agree with Tata Martino's appointment

Overall I am dissatisfied with Rosell's presidency

Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:11 pm

I agree that Rosell was the right man to get our finances in shape and has been successful in that regard

I disagree with getting sponsorship from the Qatar Foundation
I disagree with getting sponsorship from Qatar Airways
I disagree with appointing Zubizarreta as the sporting director
I disagree that appointing Tito Vilanova after Pep was a sound decision at the time
I agree with sticking by Tito after his cancer resurfaced and appointing Roura on a temporary basis
I agree with our pre-season policy during his presidency
I agree with Rosell's role in Neymar's arrival
I disagree with Rosell's role in Thiago's departure

I think you should add their decision to go after Laporta too, which i disagree with of course.
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:18 pm

I agree that Rosell was the right man to get our finances in shape and has been succesful in that regard: although I feel that Laporta's contribution by increasing our revenues threefold have been forgotten, Rosell has definitely moved the club in the right direction.

I disagree with removing Cruyff from the title of honorary president: From Rosell's perspective I can see how announcing this at the end of Laporta's madate was akin to "leaving an enemy behind" but it was very poorly handled by Rosell, who initially claimed that Cruyff would be re-elected through normal means but that was ultimately a lie.

I disagree with getting sponsorship from the Qatar Foundation: The UNICEF deal was something that set us apart and this deal was used to include a clause about Qatar Airways that was not made public until 2 years later. The shirt still feels dirty to me. 

I disagree with appointing Eusebio to the B team: while I don't have strong feelings about this one he has never impressed as opposed to previous appointments.

I disagree with appointing Zubizarreta as the sporting director: I see him in a slightly more positive light after deciding on Martino, but an otherwise awful job so far. Neymar was secured by Rosell and Cesc by Pep's request, but I doubt he had no say in Song's and Alba's signings and especially in going after unrealistic targets for CB all season.

I agree that appointing Tito Vilanova after Pep was a sound decision at the time

I don't know if Pep was treated fairly by Rosell: I feel like we only get the tip of the iceberg on this one and have to speculate as to what the rest looks like. Not enough information.

I have mixed thoughts on if Abidal was treated fairly by Rosell: It was poor of us Rosell (or Tito?) to promise a renovation and not give it, but I understand in footballing terms the decision not to extend his contract and Rosell was classy to him before that.

I agree with our pre-season policy during his presidency: too much business, not enough football

I agree with Rosell's role has played during the transfer seasons: I think he has a limited involvement and is mostly at blame for assigning Zubi

I agree with Rosell's role in Neymar's arrival: I think he sees Neymar as the Ronaldinho of his presidency, was signed for more marketing than sporting reasons, and while not a shoe-in he is young and will adapt.

I disagree with Rosell's role in Thiago's departure: He is at fault for not informing the coach of such a serious clause in his contract or making an effort to keep Thiago at Barca.

I agree with Tata Martino's appointment: I'm biased, but think this is a gamble worth taking and so far everything Tata has said and done has been music to the cules' ears.

Overall I am dissatisfied with Rosell's presidency.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Barcaholic good point, I added it now Thumbs up

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise on Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:25 pm

I am undecided that Rosell was the right man to get our finances in shape and has been succesful in that regard. I dont know the situation before he took over, other than his obviously bias claims. I am to simple to care if im honest, I know we could sign players we needed before and we still seem able to do that now. So I have no opinion here and am willing to follow what the general opinion is.

I disagree with removing Cruyff from the title of honorary president. First of all, the guy has done so much for us...I dont care what comes out his mouth, whether you like it or not, the guys cares. Secondly, he has incredible knowledge and I value his opinion highly. And finally, I feel like most big clubs have guys who have been part of the clubs famous history and those guy deserve and get the respect of an unofficial or official position, provided they have the ability to function in whatever role that may be. To me Cruyff is the example of someone who deserves that.

I disagree with getting sponsorship from the Qatar Foundation. I was proud of the club for its work with UNICEF, it made up unique and more importantly, we gave something to a incredibly worthy cause. I wont go as far as to say the Qatar thing makes me feel like the shirt is "dirty" but I dont like it and I would have rather see us not spend big money on players than have that on our shirt, if that was in fact choice (which I dont think it was but whatever).

I mostly disagree with appointing Eusebio to the B team. His record as Celta doesnt impress, but I am willing to give him a chance. My lack of confidence is actually more in who appointed him than him himself. I feel like anyone selected has a question mark over them because I have seen no prior evidence to trust the decision making process.

I couldnt disagree more with appointing Zubizarreta as the sporting director, but only looking back: Its easy to say now, how piss poor Zubi is in his role...but I didnt have any complaints at the time, I was, "yeah ok lets see". I dont know what Zubi did in the interview (I assume he did have to do so) but he must of found a way to inspire a level of confidence. But I would not be surprised if he was hired simply because he used to play for us, which if true, would disgust me.

I agree that appointing Tito Vilanova after Pep was a sound decision at the time. No issue with this appointment, I understand the thought process behind it and therefore cant complain. That unless, people were made aware of his possible coaching flaws (tactical adjustments) before hand (which I doubt) and still hired him. One thing I will say, I feel like if a coach from the outside came in and our pressing, offensive and defensive play movement and alignment went off the boil so badly and on top of that, said coach stopped using the youth like he did, everyone would be up in arms at taking us away from the "Barca way" to that degree. Whereas because he is who he is, its simply put down to incompetence.

I agree with sticking by Tito after his cancer resurfaced and with appointing Roura on a temporary basis. However, I do blame them for having Roura in that position in the first place. For me, it only is logical that whoever you choose to be the 2nd in charge, is qualified to do that position. And part of that position can be filling in for the head coach in a time of need...if he isnt qualified to do so, for me, he should not be in that position.

I also don't know if Pep was treated fairly by Rosell. On one hand I trust Pep's words and distrust Rosll...but on the other, I see Pep as someone who must of been in a difficult mental position and believe in his exhaustion and fatigue during his final season....I am fairly confident that played some a role.

I am disgusted with treatment of Abidal by Rosell. First of all and I think more importantly, I dont agree with not retaining Abidal on footballing reasons. I refuse to accept he is worse than Adriano, Mascherano and possibly Bartra at centerback. Sorry, I dont believe it. Second, you cant promise the guy a chance and then take it away...I believe your "word being iron" and I dont understand anyone who doesnt. And finally, after all he has been through..he deserved one chance at a full season to see what he has and I always believed this club was the sort of club who felt and acted in this way too...human elements over the football.

I disagree with our pre-season policy during his presidency. I cant imagine the players or coaches enjoy it, I think a better balanced could have been forged.

I agree with Rosell's role has played during the transfer seasons but I am merely guessing. I highly doubt he plays a big role, he just doesnt come across as a know it all president who insists on interference. But some level of involvement I almost expect.

I agree with Rosell's role in Neymar's arrival. On a playing level he is justifed and dare I say, sorely required. I dont care the about the means of which it was done or even if Rosell had the playing side primarily in mind, but the end result here is we have a very young, incredibly talented player who could be quite special and even if he isnt, I am quite sure he will be well worth the price.

I disagree with Rosell's role in Thiago's departure. He should make sure the situation of his contract was made crystal clear...but I dont really know if Tito knew or not and even if he did, I am not sure he would of played him more anyway. I primarily blame Tito for not playing him enough, he is clearly an emerging force.

I agree with the idea of Tata Martino's appointment. I feel like we needed something fresh with new ideas. Actually im convinced. But I dont know if Tata is the right man, so I am sorting of sitting on the fence. I agree with the idea, the profile of what we need....I am undecided on the man himself. If I was the decision maker and he was on the list of candidates, I would not be my first choice (probably) unless I saw alot more footage on Newells and was convinced with what I saw.

Overall I am dissatisfied with Rosell's presidency.
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Just a few points.
Most have felt that Rosell was the right man to get our finances back in shape,but then also say that they disagree with the shirt sponsorship.To me that seems a bit contradictory.

Also dont see how Rosell was unfair to Pep.Gave him every player he asked for,didnt interfere in playing matters and repeatedly asked him to renew.I think he was more than fair to Pep.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Was Rosell also fair after Pep left and they started criticizing Pep through their controlled media and even directly through Barça's spokesperson? (Tito has beaten all comparisons with Guardiola, even at a human level).

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:10 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:Just a few points.
Most have felt that Rosell was the right man to get our finances back in shape,but then also say that they disagree with the shirt sponsorship.To me that seems a bit contradictory. .

Also dont see how Rosell was unfair to Pep.Gave him every player he asked for,didnt interfere in playing matters and repeatedly asked him to renew.I think he was more than fair to Pep.
Don't think its inconsistent. You can increase revenue without resorting g to selling the shirt. Look at what united is doing with its Asian marketing. And we definitely can do more on the cost control aspect, football clubs are not especially known for being frugal. I definitely don't think it was the only way to get our financials in shape.

Also, making a deal that included a clause for a for profit company to take over in 2 years and not telling anyone until it is activated is unethical. I think the Qatar foundation deal would have had more widespread rejection had we known.

On guardiola I agree on the public side, but it seems there is a lot of bad blood between them so it stands to reason something must have happened between them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:33 pm

I disagree that Rosell was the right man to get our finances in shape. Laporta was doing a fine job in the financial department if you exclude the Ibra deal, which was also made worse by Rosell selling such a great player so cheap. I think Soriano and Ingla were better options financially.

I strongly disagree with removing Cruyff from the title of honorary president.

I strongly disagree with his decision to prosecute Laporta's administration. They did a great job in all areas and Rosell's biased accounting shouldn't be a reason to prosecute them.

I disagree with getting sponsorship from the Qatar Foundation or Qatar Airways. We were the only club in the world with no sponsors on our jersey in all our history, and later with UNICEF on it. That was amazing and something that set us apart from anyone else. Unfortunately, this has gone forever. We could ahve looked for alternative ways of increasing income, like a sponsor for the training shirt (United get like 10 milion a year for that!), selling the naming rights to the Camp Nou (Camp Nou means nothing, just New Pitch, and you could easily make 20 or 30 milions a year) and getting a sponsor to support UNICEF staying on our shirt (around 5 or 10 milion, could be the same as the training shirt and the name of the stadium).

I disagree with appointing Eusebio to the B team. His job at Celta was bad and his job at the B team has been more than unimpressing, with several gerat prospects stalling under him.

I disagree with appointing Zubizarreta as the sporting director. Zubizarreta did a bad job at Athletic Bilbao and has covered himself in glory with us, doing almost no good signings and signing only famous players.

I agree that appointing Tito Vilanova after Pep was a sound decision at the time. I think it was a good decision and I was actually surprised.

I agree with sticking by Tito after his cancer resurfaced and appointing Roura on a temporary basis. Either decision was difficult to make, and I think they did ok, but they should have had someone better than Roura as second coach. He is known to be lazy.

I disagree that Pep was treated fairly by Rosell. Freixa's words are the prove: "Tito wins every comparison with Pep, even on the human level".

I disagree that Abidal was treated fairly by Rosell. This was also a difficult decision as it seems Barça doctors said he couldn't play while his doctors said he could. However, it was shameful as they promised him the renovation and I think they could have tried to sign him for another year with a low amount + pay as you play.

I agree with our pre-season policy during his presidency. It's been the same since many years and I don't think it effects much the season.

I disagree with Rosell's role has played during the transfer seasons. Rosell is interfering too much signings his friends (Adriano) and having a clear bias towards brazilians.

I agree with Rosell's role in Neymar's arrival.

I disagree with Rosell's role in Thiago's departure. Should have informed Tito and the staff about his contract situation and make everything in his hands to make Thiago stay afterwards.

I disagree with Tata Martino's appointment. I already expressed during those days that he wouldn't be my first choice, and it seems it wasn't Zubi's first choice either (Luis Enrique). This doesn't mean I don't support Tata now, I do 100%.

Overall I am very dissatisfied with Rosell's presidency. He took an ambitious and successful club projected to the whole world, and is turning it into an unambitious local club that is crumbling everywhere and slowly sinking into mediocrity.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:32 am

I agree that Rosell was the right man to get our finances in shape and has been succesful in that regard
I disagree with his decision to prosecute Laporta's administration
I agree with getting sponsorship from the Qatar Foundation
I agree with getting sponsorship from Qatar Airways
I agree with appointing Eusebio to the B team
I disagree with appointing Zubizarreta as the sporting director
I disagree that appointing Tito Vilanova after Pep was a sound decision at the time
I disagree with sticking by Tito after his cancer resurfaced and appointing Roura on a temporary basis
I disagree with our pre-season policy during his presidency
I agree with Rosell's role in Neymar's arrival
I agree with Rosell's role in Thiago's departure

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:48 am

You wanted Thiago to leave bazinga? that might make you the only barca fan that thinks that Laughing

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:52 pm

I mean - I agree he was the dickhead responsible for Thiago leaving Razz

Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:33 am

Rosell said yesterday in an interview that he chose Tata.
Fantastic, we have a president that choses in the sporting field, like Florentino.

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:12 am

#saveuslaporta
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Free can I get a link to that interview? I don't see it anywhere.

MD reporting that Zubi will be offered a contract extension.

Crying or Very sad

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:40 pm

I can only find it in catalan:

News on the interview:
http://www.catradio.cat/noticia/23665/Sandro-Rosell

Podcast of the interview:
http://www.catradio.cat/programa/1218/El-club-de-la-mitjanit

Exact sentence:
Rosell:"Tata Martino el poso jo damunt la taula, però la feina després és de Zubi." --> "I put Martino on the table, but the job afterwards was from Zubi".

Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:13 pm

Flo Perez look like the reincarnation of Santiago Bernabeu in comparison to Rosell...  and you should all know i highly dislike Perez.

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Rosell.:facepalm: 

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:36 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Flo Perez look like the reincarnation of Santiago Bernabeu in comparison to Rosell...  and you should all know i highly dislike Perez.

No he doesnt.Rosell is miles better than Perez.He has the trophies and the decisions that prove it.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:55 pm

@sportsczy wrote:Flo Perez look like the reincarnation of Santiago Bernabeu in comparison to Rosell...  and you should all know i highly dislike Perez.
Nah, both look as bad as each other.

Madrid should build a statue of Rosell outside Bernabeu and Barca should build a statue of Perez outside of Camp Nou.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:04 pm

For Rosell to have been as bad as Perez,he would have had to sack Guardiola,sell the likes of Xavi,Iniesta,Messi etc,spend a billion dollars while winning absolutely nothing and make monumental mistakes like signing Bale for 100m instead of Neymar for 57 mil.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Trophy count:

Rosell (2010 - 2013):
La Liga 2011, 2013
Champions League 2011
UEFA Supercup 2011
Spanish Cup 2012
Spanish Supercup 2010, 2011, 2013
Club World Championship 2011
TOTAL: 9 trophies in 3 years

Flo Perez (2000 - 2006 ; 2009 - 2013)
La Liga 2001, 2003, 2012
Champions League 2002
UEFA Supercup 2002
Club World Championship 2002
Spanish Cup 2011
Spanish Supercup 2001, 2003, 2012
TOTAL: 10 trophies in 10 years

I despise Rosell, but Flo Perez is a clown really...

Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:05 pm

@alexjanosik wrote:For Rosell to have been as bad as Perez,he would have had to sack Guardiola,sell the likes of Xavi,Iniesta,Messi etc,spend a billion dollars while winning absolutely nothing and make monumental mistakes like signing Bale for 100m instead of Neymar for 57 mil.
In tears.. rofl

Alex :bow:

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down