neuro11
free_cat
CBarca
Donuts
AltoZ
26 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 Empty Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by AltoZ Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:35 am

Neymar debut! And Tata's first game. A new start.

Valdes
Alves - Pique - Mascherano - Alba
Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta
A-SEX-is - Messi - Neymar Jr.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 Empty Re: Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:47 am

I don't think Messi will start this one, but the Atletico Madrid game.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 Empty Re: Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:16 am

Since it's not in OP, it's worth mentioning this game is this coming Sunday, August 18th.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:38 am

At 18:00.

My preferred lineup for this game would be:

Valdes
Alves - Pique - Bagnack - Adriano

Roberto - Busquets - Cesc

Pedro - Messi - Neymar

Last edited by free_cat on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:47 am

I think Sanchez will get the call up over Pedro due to his performance with Chile, prob sub in Pedro soon enough though.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:16 am

tata will have a selection headeche since both Pedro and Alex had been playing well lately. Even though i think Alexis might edge this time.
None of Xavi,Iniesta playing?? El Sport reported Messi will be captain to this game, does it mean Valdez will also not be playing???

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:20 am

neuro11 wrote:tata will have a selection headeche since both Pedro and Alex had been playing well lately. Even though i think Alexis might edge this time.
None of Xavi,Iniesta playing?? El Sport reported Messi will be captain to this game, does it mean Valdez will also not be playing???
If I were to choose the team based on meritocracy from pre-season form, that would be the team. Selection by name as we had last season has to end.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:27 am

Can anyone remember Ronaldinho's debut?
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:33 am

Yes, vs Sevilla at Camp nou. He scored a fantastic goal shooting from almost half the pitch.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:38 am

free_cat wrote:At 18:00.

Valdes

Pedro - Messi - Neymar
I am more than happy with this line up. Though, I would be incredibly surprised if Bagnack and Roberto started. Less surprised by Adriano and Cesc but still I doubt it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:07 am

It's time for Tata to show that he won't play the same 11 men regardless of their form. Playing by name should be finished.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:09 pm

free_cat wrote:It's time for Tata to show that he won't play the same 11 men regardless of their form. Playing by name should be finished.
well, while i completely agree with what you want, i highly doubt of this happening just right now. I think its too early for Tata to do so. But ofcourse he is the right man who can ask players to earn the place by working hard. This is something Tito,Enrique would never have done...
But anyway if he does so, i would be extremely happy too....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:08 pm

Luis Enrique wouldn't have done that? I think you don't know him very well. The rumours going around is that he was the club's first choice but some players vetoed him because he is too tough. Depressing, I know.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:10 pm

---------pedro-----------cesc---------------alexis----

-----------------SGR-------------xavi---------

-----------------------busquets--------------

-adriano----mascherano-----------pique-------montoya

-Neymar to come on in the last 20 mins for his official debut

-Messi should be rested for the cup or maybe come on late in the 2nd half.

-Alves might have a slight knock
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:28 pm

Is Iniesta injured and I somehow missed these news?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:46 pm

No he isn't. Bit Cesc has been much better in pre season. Iniesta wasn't awful like Xavi, but very average. It's called meritocracy.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:13 pm

Bagnak already returned to Barca B along with Dongou. Pedro and cesk returned from injury recently so they might not start.
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:25 pm

free_cat wrote:No he isn't. Bit Cesc has been much better in pre season. Iniesta wasn't awful like Xavi, but very average. It's called meritocracy.
It depends on the training sessions, those pre season games were hardly played under the best conditions and we should take their performances with a grain of salt.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Ok then lets play Xavi, iniesta and co. The protagonists of the Bayern humiliation after their woeful pre season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:31 pm

All I'm saying is that the coach should play those that look best in training as well as pre season. As fans we don't see even 10% of the results from the preparatory work. A bad preseason against Malaysia should not in itself be a disqualifying factor.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:54 pm

i agree with BarrileteCosmico......
also if preseason is that strict a decider, everyone should have got equal minutes. Otherwise, don know how you select Neymar but reject alexis and iniesta.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:20 pm

free_cat wrote:At 18:00.

Valdes

Pedro - Messi - Neymar
Do you think Bagnack is ready for more playing time in 1st team??
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:38 pm

free_cat wrote:Ok then lets play Xavi, iniesta and co. The protagonists of the Bayern humiliation after their woeful pre season.
Yeah,lets blame Xavi and Iniesta for the Bayern loss.And its interesting that you conveniently include Pedro in the lineup.The same Pedro,who was pathetic against Bayern and shockingly failed to cover Alaba when Dani ALves was of injured(which led to a goal).
So long as we excluding protagonists for the Bayern defeat,lets also drop the real culprits.
I would also add that lets also drop Pique,another protagonist of that defeat but then the sad thing is that he is the best CB we have.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:14 pm

Pedro has done a good pre season unlike Xavi and iniesta. And he was far from the worst vs Bayern, the only forward that created a chance, bartra aside.
That play you mention isa collective blunder btw.
Anyway, the point was more about current form than the Bayern game, and I don't want to point names as everyone failed vs Bayern although our midfield a bit more.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:48 pm

I wouldnt drop Iniestsa, he always gave his all in the games last seasons when others were not, he comes to play everytime. He didnt have a good night vs Martinez in the first leg true, but his performance was not because a lack of effort.

Also its not like he played tons in the preseason either to show bad performances.

And if we talking about quality, lets not even bother comparing him to Cesc or Roberto.

So Xavi I cant understand leaving out, Alba and Mascherano also...but Iniesta, not for me.

Last edited by The Franchise on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next