neuro11
free_cat
CBarca
Donuts
AltoZ
26 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by M99 Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Don't know if this puts more or less pressure on Nerman to score Laughing

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:52 pm

The question is do Barcelona have enough depth to rotate this squad? Because I can't see them play with such intensity twice a week, week in week out.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:54 pm

No depth at the back. Mid and attack should be ok to rotate.

EDIT:
When i say back, i mean the CB. Fullbacks should be ok with Alba and Montoya.

Last edited by eelir on Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:54 pm

The Franchise wrote:Alexis and Messi swapped positions, dont know if thats just momentarily.

Its intresting that Xavi is playing to the left of Busquets rather than the right as he usually would. Though of course he always moves everywhere.
I noticed this too. I wonder if this is part of Tatas strategy aside from the bringing back the pressing. having players swap positions like that can really disrupt teams defenses.

Ive been the number 1 Alexis hater since we signed him; but I hope he makes me eat my words this season and beyond. Since the pre-season he has looked amazing. It looks like it took him some years to build his confidence and adapt to our game and how he can use himself to bring the best of his abilities

Would be crazy if Cesc becomes more useful for us in this new Tata system than Iniesta. Because since the pre-season it's looked like Tata will prefer him in his system than Iniesta.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:54 pm

I think we do have the depth, if they are believed in, rather than how they were used last year.

Only position I feel we dont is centerback.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:55 pm

I think the only thing to be considered is the intensity and hunger. thats regardless of the opponent.
missing iniesta though....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:57 pm

do we have enough rotation? like said not in the defense but today we have Neymar and Iniesta on the bench, two world star players.
along with Song / Alba

Xavi's rotation should be one of the youth preferably Sergi Roberto.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:58 pm

windkick wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Alexis and Messi swapped positions, dont know if thats just momentarily.

Its intresting that Xavi is playing to the left of Busquets rather than the right as he usually would. Though of course he always moves everywhere.
I noticed this too. I wonder if this is part of Tatas strategy aside from the bringing back the pressing. having players swap positions like that can really disrupt teams defenses.

Ive been the number 1 Alexis hater since we signed him; but I hope he makes me eat my words this season and beyond. Since the pre-season he has looked amazing. It looks like it took him some years to build his confidence and adapt to our game and how he can use himself to bring the best of his abilities

Would be crazy if Cesc becomes more useful for us in this new Tata system than Iniesta. Because since the pre-season it's looked like Tata will prefer him in his system than Iniesta.
Doubt it, the Cesc-Iniesta part.

The biggest difference between these two are the bigger games and consistency.

I seen this before from Cesc but he has randomly dissapeared for just as long as he was good.

And in the big games, Cesc's lack of dynamism gets exposed if there is any lack of cohesion in our team game. Iniesta no matter what, can take out 2 players with a dash through the middle and he can do that vs any 2 midfielders you name on his day. Cesc doesnt have that extra gear.

So yeah, system or no system, Iniesta is a different level. At least in my opinion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Hmmm...one thing I'm starting to see again is how little your defenders need to do apart from a few easy long balls that are aimlessly thrown at them. I should save this for when the match ends but when was the last time Barcelona kept a clean sheet (even against those so called 'scrub' La Liga opponents)?

Anyway, Barcelona have done what they do best, regain the ball high up the pitch but perhaps with more directness when in possession. They retain the ball so well that once Levante players get the ball they panic in initiating attacks and release counter attacks very aimlessly and too quickly.

PS: You could see Messi really enjoying it. I haven't seen so much glow in his face for a long time Proud
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:59 pm

regarding the swapping of position i saw the same happened in our last preseason game vs Malayasia. When Alexis was playing bad on the right, Neymar swapped for a time to Alexis position...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:00 pm

No I agree. I'm just wondering how Tata views it
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:02 pm

we had 80% possession first half

Xavi completed 55 passes vs the entire Levante team who completed 53

Last edited by windkick on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:02 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Doubt it, the Cesc-Iniesta part.

The biggest difference between these two are the bigger games and consistency.

I seen this before from Cesc but he has randomly dissapeared for just as long as he was good.

And in the big games, Cesc's lack of dynamism gets exposed if there is any lack of cohesion in our team game. Iniesta no matter what, can take out 2 players with a dash through the middle and he can do that vs any 2 midfielders you name on his day. Cesc doesnt have that extra gear.

So yeah, system or no system, Iniesta is a different level. At least in my opinion.
could not have been said any better

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:05 pm

danyjr wrote:The question is do Barcelona have enough depth to rotate this squad? Because I can't see them play with such intensity twice a week, week in week out.
after giving more thought to it, your asking the wrong question.
Barcelona has always had depth in the team even on defence, the problem was Tito never rotated and kept the same lineup
the question should be if Tata keeps use of youths and more importantly rotation.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Pedro and Alexis looking like they been let off the shackles.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Barcelona with as many players in the box as Levante there Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:15 pm

I am yet to see one long diagonal from Pique or Mascherano, I dont know if this is by design or not, but im delighted.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Confidence of Pedro and Alexis is through the roof right now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Pedro picking up the ball in between the lines...what is this freedom lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Barcelona has always wasted opportunities doing crosses that rarely worked, today we seem to be much more focused through the middle and edge of the box.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Neymar on for Alexis
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Neymar coming on for Alexis. A lot of applause for Alexis, good to see.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:21 pm

Busquet having too much freedom will be suicidal vs a better quick counter team.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:23 pm

neuro11 wrote:Busquet having too much freedom will be suicidal vs a better quick counter team.....
Not if we press properly.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Neymar body checked after his first touch.

Busquet having too much freedom will be suicidal vs a better quick counter team.....
Disagree. I wouldn't necessarily say he has more freedom positionally anyway, although it seems he's been given more freedom to pick a pass. That could be a side effect of not having Iniesta to come back and pick up the ball and dribble it (instead he's picking out a forward run of Fab or side pass to Xavi).

Besides, this pressing is a lot more suited for Busquets. Last season our pressing was terrible and Busquets suffered, but he looks a lot better today already with our team pressing.

He's looked great today, by the way.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:27 pm

What did I say, Messi to get subed out Smile
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next