neuro11
free_cat
CBarca
Donuts
AltoZ
26 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:48 pm

I wouldnt drop Iniestsa, he always gave his all in the games last seasons when others were not, he comes to play everytime. He didnt have a good night vs Martinez in the first leg true, but his performance was not because a lack of effort.

Also its not like he played tons in the preseason either to show bad performances.

And if we talking about quality, lets not even bother comparing him to Cesc or Roberto.

So Xavi I cant understand leaving out, Alba and Mascherano also...but Iniesta, not for me.

Last edited by The Franchise on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Valdes
Alves - Pique - Mascherano - Adriano

Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta

Sanchez - Messi - Neymar

Take out Messi half time, Xavi and Mascherano

bring on Pedro (move Sanchez to Messi's spot)
bring on Roberto for Xavi
bring on Bartra for Mascherano

would be my ideal game players.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:51 pm

Donuts wrote:Valdes
Alves - Pique - Mascherano - Adriano

Xavi - Busquets - Iniesta

Sanchez - Messi - Neymar

Take out Messi half time, Xavi and Mascherano

bring on Pedro (move Sanchez to Messi's spot)
bring on Roberto for Xavi
bring on Bartra for Mascherano

would be my ideal game players.
Wont happen ever.

Alexis hasnt ever played Messi's position, he has only played down the middle in tandem with Messi.

Also, Messi wont be subbed at HT, you know better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:17 pm

Eh he was just injured and we're having a cup match against Atletico Madrid so it is a possibility, plus new manager you never know Smile
would be the logical thing and Tata might surprise us.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:31 pm

If its 1-1 at half time, you really think he is taking Messi off? No chance. And I wouldnt even blame him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:43 pm

True if it's tie or close, but I don't see that happening first match game at home eh.
maybe i just have high hopes for this team and coach.
I said it before this year would probably be Messi's least amount of minutes due to precaution to the world cup and injuries.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:25 pm

If Messi is not 100% he should not play any minutes. Enough of this "only for half time" shenanigans. We are going to ruin our most valuable asset.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Agree. Either he can go or he cant.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:11 am

well both Messi and Cesc just came back from injury so if you were incharge -- (speculation) and they were both unavailable who would you guys play?
I assumed Sanchez would be the best choice although Neymar could probably play his place better but he isn't fully adjusted to the team.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:12 am

Sanchez definitely. I want to see Chile's Sanchez play for Barca at least once.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:32 am

Yeah probably Alexis because Neymar is still so new.

Though, I really would like a 9 in the squad somehow.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:22 am

Basing off preseason form?

Sorry, but I'm not even aware of what preseason form is.

Preseason means absolutely nothing and basing our first XI on how people did in preseason is stupid. I'm all for picking based on form and merit rather than names but THIS is the first game, not some meaningless preseason games against Malaysia and Santos. Preseason is about fitness, not trying to earn your place in the team-- that happens DURING the actual season.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:10 am

IMO,

Valdes
Alves Pique Bartra Adriano
Cesc Busquets Iniesta
Alexis Messi Neymar

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:45 am

Khaled wrote:IMO,

Valdes
Alves Pique Bartra Adriano
Cesc Busquets Iniesta
Alexis Messi Neymar

+1

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:37 pm

CBarca wrote:Basing off preseason form?

Preseason means absolutely nothing and basing our first XI on how people did in preseason is stupid. I'm all for picking based on form and merit rather than names but THIS is the first game, not some meaningless preseason games against Malaysia and Santos. Preseason is about fitness, not trying to earn your place in the team-- that happens DURING the actual season.
It's far from stupid because if you don't give time to those who have done well in pre-season, you won't give them time ever.

Congrats for adopting the line of thought that led to our massacre vs Bayern.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Official squad vs Levante
Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 - Page 2 BR3ij3RCEAAfOf3

Sergi Roberto, Montoya, JDS and Oier excluded.
Puyol, Afellay and Cuenca injured.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:27 pm

One wonders why the hell we kept JDS if we don't even call up Roberto who was one of the top players in preseason. Tata wants a long squad for the sake of it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:50 pm

free_cat wrote:One wonders why the hell we kept JDS if we don't even call up Roberto who was one of the top players in preseason. Tata wants a long squad for the sake of it.
Come on, its still the 1st official game of the season.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:07 pm

good season guys. let's hope we start strong... cheers
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:50 pm

free_cat wrote:
CBarca wrote:Basing off preseason form?

It's far from stupid because if you don't give time to those who have done well in pre-season, you won't give them time ever.

Congrats for adopting the line of thought that led to our massacre vs Bayern.
Point is, preseason doesn't mean shit. Man U loses constantly this preseason, wins the first game 4-1.

Not picking based on preseason form doesn't mean you don't give the likes of Roberto a chance though. That's a leap in logic and one that I never advocated.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:03 pm

A team's pre-season doesn't necessarily translate in competition, but a player's much more. Form is form and it's time to play on form players not the big names with hierarchical power. Otherwise Xavi and puyol will be playing until they want to retire regardless how shit they are.
Watch out for Xavi's festival of horizontal two meter passes after keeping the ball for half a minute tomorrow. That if he doesn't horribly suck like he did In pre season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Free, dont you think your setting yourself up to look a little foolish writing off Xavi to this degree?

I get you think he is declining, but you speak as if he should consider retirement.

Or am I reading your comments wrong?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:28 pm

No, he can still come back and give a lot to us, but he shouldn't be a starter at the beginning of this season and earn his place. And especially accept rotation and in the future that he might not be a starter anymore.Which him and Puyol, with their comments in the media, look like will never accept and can be like two Rauls.

They have to choose between being two Rauls or a Scholes/Giggs.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:37 pm

Thats fair enough, I misunderstood.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Khaled wrote:Official squad vs Levante
Barcelona - Levante | La Liga Matchday 1 - Page 2 BR3ij3RCEAAfOf3

Sergi Roberto, Montoya, JDS and Oier excluded.
Puyol, Afellay and Cuenca injured.
I am curious to see who Tata picks to start next to Pique.

My guess is he goes with his countrymen Masch

Apparently he said that he is ok waiting until January to look for a CB because we have allot of "depth" currently in that area. He said we have Pique, Puyol, Barta, Masch, and even Adriano who can play there. Problem is Puyi is old and injured half the time now, Masch sucks in that position, Adriano is too small and best used as a LB. And Barta for some reason isnt given a chance over the guys i mentioned yet he should be givin a shot imo. Dudes trippin. Is the club broke? Why are they making signing a CB so difficult. It's been years now, there is no excuse. Also in January all the good CBs will be cup tied.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:43 am

Xavi's still easily one of our best and influential players and looked like it at times last season as well. He did also have some bad times last season too, but those were mostly near the end of the season *cough* *cough* hasn't had a break in a billion years *cough* *cough*

I'm willing to accept and expect he rotates more (advocated it last season with Thiago and also advocated Thiago should play as many minutes as Xavi this season before he left) but let's not forget this is Xavi. He makes a big difference.

Perhaps his effect will be lessened due to Tata but we'll see.

You're still misunderstanding me though. I agree, I just think you put too much stock in preseason. It's a trivial matter anyhow, the fact that Roberto hasn't been picked in the squad says it all really and that's a shame.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next