Raptorgunner
Firenze
McAgger
47 posters

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

True Detective || HBO - Page 7 Empty Re: True Detective || HBO

Post by Firenze Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:24 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Does the show get more fast paced from episode 2 and does it have more suspense/action? Only watched episode 1. hmm

still slowish, but episode 4 has one of the best suspenseful action sequences in television history.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:54 pm

Check this out :

http://www.wekeeptheotherbadmenfromthedoor.com/
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:29 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:21 am

MOTHER OF GOD WHAT AN EPISODE bounce bounce :bow: :bow:

Unbelievable acting and directing :bow: There are no superlatives to describe how good that episode was. Rust is so frickin baws goddam. The brawl between Rust and Marty :bow: Outta this frickin world.

Oh and
Spoiler:

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:30 am

Also watch this Laughing

Rust Proud

http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/true-detective-matthew-mcconaughey-rust-philosophy-supercut.html
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:43 am

Fantastic acting. so intense. another GOAT episode.

Gave us the best clue on what type of people the killers are. told us Marty and Rust are not working together in 2012. told us why Rust left. gave us a very good view on what is going to happen in last 2 episodes.

What Maggie did to that POS Marty was justified. but what she did to Rust is unforgivable.

The funny thing is Maggie told Marty "i am too skinny for you" ( or something like that ) but i don't call this skinny  :coffee:  ( from the scene with Rust and Her ) :

https://i.imgur.com/oiEi0ai.png

p.s : i noticed this :

True Detective || HBO - Page 7 90383081060036198590
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:16 am

smh what a bitch doing cohle like that Sad

that ass though Proud

two more hours of this GOAT show, I'm going to feel genuinely sad when it's over.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:24 am

btw I think I posted it in this thread but people were theorising that Marty's eldest daughter who's whoring it up atm was maybe abused as a kid and her grandfather was involved (he was a powerful lawyer or something in the area) because remember the naked barbie doll being surrounded by men dolls and there was a spiral drawn by her on the wall. Well it seems like that could be true judging from the next episode preview hmm

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:36 am

Michelle Monaghan's ass though :wub:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:11 pm

I'm waiting til the season ends then I will blitz it, heard this show is amazing..
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:57 am

Freeza wrote:Ridiculously good show, I can't comprehend how amazing this is. These first 5 episodes are the best thing I have ever seen on television :proud:Just my kind of show

Yep, I will watch tonight episode 6, so I didn't read spoilers. Acting by McConaughey is epic in this show.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:51 am

Great episode. Explains a lot of things. It looks like the reports were correct, Episode 7 and 8 will take place only in 2012.

The girl was talking about the lawnmower guy from episode 3, the man with the scars. Rust previously said he needs exactly two minutes to determine whether the person he is talking to is guilty or not and he talked to that guy for exactly one minute.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Matthew Mcconaughey's first ever acting gig, fun easter eggs in this and nods from the director, notice his mothers name, the car and him mowing the lawn Proud

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:57 pm

Just saw Episode 5 and 6.

I don't know what to say or how to describe the GOAT show this is. It just blows you away with the things it shows you. 6 episodes and it's one of the best TV Show to ever come out(IMO). There is no weakness, no dull moments, no fallacies, no meh-ness. It's Just on a different level to anything I've seen.

The acting in the last 2 episodes. Specially by Mcconaughey. How he plays himself in 1995,2002 and 2012. He is ruining every other TV Actor. No one comes close to him.

Regarding the theories

Audrey was always going to end up as a slut. She was drawing Penis at the age of 8. But it's a very good point that she might have been abused as a kid by someone. Surely she can't have turned up like that without any particular reason living in a city so religious and under parents so 'educated'. Blame goes to Marty for being a man whore and having no sense of responsibility but the difference in two daughters is really big. The grand dad theory is possible.

There is no way Rust is the killer. There is no way Marty is one either. Marty might be morally corrupt but he still is a guy who would mostly do the right thing. The way he killed that guy when he saw the kids. It wasn't a reaction of a killer.

I think there is a massive cult of many high power and ranked people like most of you have said as well. This goes way way beyond up the ladder. Governors, Ministers and Church leaders. This goes right up to them. There could also be a possibility that the two guys questioning Rust are involved too and someone high up has asked them to try as hard as possible to blame it all on Rust and get rid of him.

What I believe is that Rust is actually undercover from the day he found out that the yellow king is alive. He is working behind the scene to figure everything out without raising an alarm. Maybe he was given this job or maybe he is acting on his own(more likely). But I think he is going to every crime scene and places still trying to unveil real people behind the killings and kidnapping started in 95.

Maybe Marty knows this too. Maybe that fight outside the station was an act as well even though that is very very unlikely. Maybe they are both still trying to solve all of this as they know it's something that is beyond the normal cops. I think Rust keeps all his evidence and files in that locker where those 2 cops are trying to breach.

Regarding the Yellow King. It's most definitely Tuttle himself. Surely it's not a coincidence that his office was mostly all yellow and he was wearing clothes all yellow-ish? Foreshadowing? IMO the cult is massive. If it wasn't this big then it would have been finished long time ago. Think of it as 'illuminati'. Why did the chief of police act so harshly when Rust tried to accuse Tuttle? Even Marty who had his differences with Rust backed him up saying it's too harsh.

There are too many possibilities and I bet they have left so many clues in the previous shows.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:12 pm

I kind of think The Yellow King will just be something the people in the cult worship or some mask/costume certain members wear rather than a specific indidivual

Tuttle died in 2010 though and I'm positive The Yellow King is still around now, but if it is a person I don't know why Tuttle would follow someone else, he seems to be the big dog with the power and wealth, actually I think he's the cousin of the governor or so they stated. Especially if it turns out lawnmower guy is somehow involved and maybe even the yellow king.

Maybe The Yellow King is him and is just part of their little cult or a product of it that they tolerate while the others are just involved because they get kicks out of it, but the yellow king is even more deranged and obsessed, I could see that working then, but I don't see Tuttle as The Yellow King or worshiping someone else. Maybe Tuttle was the yellow king in the past and chose someone as his successor, but we keep hearing about a man with scars on his face and it just points to the lawnmower guy.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 pm

I might be confusing names then.

The Lawn mower is definitely involved. But the crimes of such magnitude and the whole show being so big, it can't just come down to some low life lawn mower being the yellow king and calling all the shots. He is involved but no idea to what extent.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 pm

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/849/8970/original.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:19 pm

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/844/7807/original.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:31 pm

True Detective || HBO - Page 7 5ZpNovt

The mural from the mental ward is the same as a drawing in Maggy/Marty's bedroom

True Detective || HBO - Page 7 CvRO1FF

From another forum...

So either someone has been in that same hospital, or that picture was somewhere that the girl was when she was kidnapped. I'm assuming either it was done by Maggie meaning she either A: visited the girl in the hospital to see what she knew B: has been at the place the girl was kept or C: was in that same mental ward and was probably the person that both painted the mural and the picture on the wall, likely due to mental problems stemming from being introduced to the cult at an early age.

I will go with option C. I think Maggie was in the hospital as a young girl due to psychological problems, and recovered after a period of time. I'm betting she painted the picture as a child, both the one in her bedroom and the mural in the hospital, and kept it as a reminder.

I believe Maggie is in the cult. Way too much foreshadowing/coincidences.

1. You're telling me the grandfather corrupted his daughter's child, whom he rarely saw, but wouldn't do the same to his own daughter who he interacted with on a daily basis?

2. There are 3 stars on her daughter's door.

3. This quote alone referring to sex
"Girls always know before boys," says Maggie."Because they have to."

4. The same picture on her bedroom wall that was found in the place where Kelly Rita was living as an adult

5. She is clearly in the school picture as a teenager

6. She works as a nurse, often working late nights which would allow her to disappear from Hart at will and not be suspected of anything.

7. In episode 7, in the black and white pictures, there is very clearly a young girl, aged 16-22~, sitting on a throne with a crown on her head. The girl is going through initiation and has black/brown hair. The next girl we see going through the same thing has blonde hair, like her daughter. I believe the crown is simply being passed down from 1 generation to the next.

8. Hart killed a 10 point buck. Who is to say that he did not save the rack and hang it in his house/put it in the attic? Maggie could have easily taken it and used it on Dora Lange.

Upon further review, Maggie isn't the Yellow King. I believe the Yellow King is the sacrificial lamb that they worship, just as Jesus was in the Bible. Antler's=king of kings or the crown of thorns. Tortured and murdered and put on public display in a visually stimulating fashion, laid down I believe Maggie is the other that they worship/look up to, but she isn't the one to be sacrificed, instead it is her daughter.

I believe the term Yellow King is meant to throw off the audience as they will suspect it implies it must be a man, however it is simply a term. It does not mean the "King" must be a man.

Both Dora Lange AND Audrey Hart have blonde, or yellow, hair. I believe the yellow in king is referring to hair color.
I also believe the "King" portion comes from the fact they are wearing antler's when they're put on display. The antler's represent a crown, like that a King would wear. Hence a crown worn by a blonde woman. A King with Yellow hair, or simply a yellow King.

The future Yellow King is chosen at early ages, introduced to the cult, and "primed" before they are sacrificed when they reach adult hood. This would explain why Dora Lange was in the picture with all of them men on horses and why Audrey was drawing the symbol on the back of Dora/simulating rape & the 5 "KINGS" in her childhood as well.

Also the bar The Fox and Hound is very important.
Fox=the sly leader of the cult, Maggie
Hound=the detectives trying to find the the leader of the cult, but can't put the pieces together thoroughly, Cohle/Hart

Hart and Cohle both act as a hound, with Hart cheating on his wife repeatedly and Cohle making the mistake of letting Maggie trick him into sleeping with her. Both actions are representative of the male stereotype of men being "dogs", which a hound is, that act without thinking. Maggie is sly like that of a fox. Very deceptive and quite, hiding in concealment and the only thing left behind is a scent which is trying to be used to track it. As the Hound get close, the Fox outsmarts the Hound and maneuvers to get away. The Hound has the Fox right under it's nose(through scent), just like Marty said earlier about the answer being right under a detectives nose but not being able to put it together and instead just acting on instinct. However the Hound can't put the pieces together and the Fox alludes the hound.

I also believe that Maggy cheated on Hart with Cohle simply to cause a "dog fight"/distraction and throw them off the trail so they wouldn't continue working towards a resolution in the case.

As for Cohle being "watched" by the black stars, which was referenced by Reggie LeDeoux, This is symbolized later in episode 5 when he is shown through the window with black stars around it. I believe the black stars in this situation is Maggie, who has gotten close to Cohle and is "watching" him to determine how close he is to the situation.

The Carcosa is referring to an infatuation the cult has with Maggie. When Reggie LeDeoux says Cohle is now in the Carcosa like the rest of them, I believe he's referencing the fact that Cohle is enamored with Maggie to the point of possibly worshipping her, but in this tense having fallen in love with her, not like a religious figure such as that worshipped by the Cult. However the point remains, they are all in the Carcosa together because of their admiration/desire for her. And due to Cohle's obvious infatuation with her, which Maggie is fully aware of, she has informed the cult of the situation. This is how Reggie LeDoux knows about Cohle and states he is in the Carcosa like the rest of them.

Also if you notice Hart is in a bar in a very sloppily dressed fashion, like that of a dog, when he cheats on Maggie again.
Maggie goes to a bar the next night dressed in all red, red is obviously the color that is synonymous with Fox.

I think Maggie was introduced to the cult as a child through her father, who was either the leader at the time or a very important figure..

The daughters playing with the tiara/crown in the front yard and eventually throwing it in the tree is symbolic of the passing of the "throne" as well.

The daughter is also wearing horse pajamas when Hart find's the group of 5 dolls surround the naked female doll in their room. This is reminiscent of the 5 men on horses in masks surrounding Dora Lange in the picture at her house.

Also I believe her identity is further alluded to when she finds out Hart cheated on her again in 2002. She transforms into a sort of "Monster". This is referenced by her spite towards him, eventually sleeping with her partner for revenge. Something that could be seen as being a monstrous action, despite Hart being a real piece of *beep* The next meal she feeds him is "spaghetti", and she does so wearing a "green" dress during the interrogation scene.

So we have "Green", "Spaghetti", and "Monster" in 3 scenes. I do not think she is the Green eared spaghetti monster, but I do believe this is foreshadowing of her knowledge/involvement with him.

Hart also wears a ring that is very similar, if not the exact same one that Reverend Tuttle was wearing. I'm sure this was a gift from Maggie at some point, and the ring is worn by the men in the cult. She is simply throwing all of this in his face.

Whenever Tuttle meets with Marty early in the series, he thanks him for all that he has done. I believe this is referring to the fact that Marty has raised a family very involved with the cult. His wife is the current yellow king/leader and his daughter will soon be the next. Marty doesn't have knowledge of this fact, Tuttle is essentially making him look like a fool.

Marty's constant references to the fact that detectives sometimes have everything they're looking for right under their noses, and can't put it together, is referring to the fact he lives with the god damn head of the cult/future of the cult and he can never figure it out.

EDIT: Also the "things occur in circles" is a reference to the fact that it's always the same principle. The yellow king is always a blonde girl chosen at an early age and introduced to the cult and "primed" until she reaches adulthood, then she is sacrificed. This is the case of Dora and Audrey. It's the same damn thing occurring 17~ years later, from 1 generation to the next.

Finally I present you this.

-The book referenced as having the pictures of pedophilia was “The Letters of Telios de Lorca."

Telios's greek translation is Complete or Completedness, according to the bible.

The other literal translations are: brought to its end, finished wanting nothing necessary to completeness perfect that which is perfect consummate human integrity and virtue of men full grown, adult, of full age, mature

Telios appears 17 times in the New Testament.

Periodical Cicadas, or simply locusts, are referenced as being unleashed on Earth by God himself in swarms to punish his people who have sinned.

Here is some information about this Cicada's from wikipedia.

"Nearly all cicadas spend years underground as juveniles, before emerging above ground for a short adult stage of several weeks to a few months. The seven periodical cicada species are so named because, in any one location, all of the members of the population are developmentally synchronized—they emerge as adults all at once in the same year. This periodicity is especially remarkable because their life cycles are so long—17 years."

Marty and Maggie are married for 17 years before their marriage dissolves in 2002.

The case ranges is bookended by murders from 1995 and 2012. 17 years apart.

I also firmly believe that Audrey will be sacrificed in 2012. Which would just so happen to be17 years after Dora Lange.

I believe the murders end in 2012, after 17 years just like their marriage. I believe the Telios is used as a reference because literally every translation fits this plot thus far. Also the locusts 17 year life span is eerily similar to how this cult has gone about it's business. I believe all of them will emerge at the same time at the end of the case, just like the locusts, after "being underground" for 17 years while Cohle investigated it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:45 pm

good theory hmm

if by some chance someone finds legit spoilers, don't post them here though, don't want anybody ruining this for me ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Fantastic Theory. Too much evidence to be a theory but it's something I was considering myself.

It's very possible that Maggie's dad and Maggie made a plan to send Marty to that store where Beth worked. They knew how weak Marty was and how easily he would once again cheat. This will lead to Marty getting out of their lives and will then be easier to sacrifice Audrey.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:22 pm

https://i.imgur.com/9xUmeZG.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:24 pm

from somewhere else

Year book photo they found in the 1st/2nd episode

https://i.imgur.com/pPijKI7.jpg

Notice the numbers.

https://i.imgur.com/9cT5u67.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mwAUeFv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/um0y4jN.png

Don't have the picture with me but think Ledoux is one of the kid in the background

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:46 am

I don't know whether this is true but if it is, it's a massive spoiler.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:16 am

6th Episode was absolute GOAT .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:23 am

For me, episode 5 was the best episode. Expecting the final two to blow it out of the water Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next