messixaviesta
gondov
Khaled
billy_gr
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Club Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona | Spanish Supercup Leg 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Club Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona | Spanish Supercup Leg 1

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:56 am

Didn't think Fabregas did much coming on to be honest. Should have scored on a first time shot after a pass from Alexis, and then later he had a pass to him which was another great opportunity to score and yet instead he tried a pass which...idk what that was. He did try to break the opposition down and create chances, all credit to him.

Felt like a lot of our players were off this match as well. A lot of that is credit to Atleti, but we just didn't look that good in general.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Club Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona | Spanish Supercup Leg 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Club Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona | Spanish Supercup Leg 1

Post by M99 Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:54 am

A score draw away is a very good result. How was Nerman apart from the goal?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:58 am

am I the only one here who'd like to see Alexis in the center of our attack when Messi isn't there?

Tello---- Alexis-----Pedro or Neymar---Alexis---Pedro
Doesn't seem that bad
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:06 am

M99 wrote:A score draw away is a very good result. How was Nerman apart from the goal?
Atlético had closed down space so well that Barcelona wingers generally didn't have any room to breathe. Despite that, Neymar provided much more than Pedro, or at least tried to contribute to attack as opposed to passing back at every opportunity. I also think whoever played on the left could look worse because of how awful Alba was. I'm just really glad Alba was exposed because a lot of people think he's a world class LB. Adriano should easily take over his spot if he is not plagued by injuries again. The positive side is that now that Martino is in charge, he won't have the obsession of Vilanova in playing Pedro and Alba. Whoever is better gets picked, simple as.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:09 am

billy_gr wrote:am I the only one here who'd like to see Alexis in the center of our attack when Messi isn't there?

Tello---- Alexis-----Pedro or Neymar---Alexis---Pedro
Doesn't seem that bad
I mentioned that in the first season. The only problem I see with that is his poor finishing and the fact that he's not a poacher at all. If he was a better goalscorer he could easily operate as a very efficient CF because he adds some muscle in the middle, makes very good forward runs and he can hold up and turn very well.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:43 am

agreed. finishing is dependant on morale though and if Alexis gets a good start this season his goal scorring can only dradually improve
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:49 am

Club Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona | Spanish Supercup Leg 1 - Page 3 IIDyi6Pq2JSxb

did this really happen ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:54 am

Alba :facepalm: 

I genuinely think he should get banned for play acting.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:55 am

billy_gr wrote:agreed. finishing is dependant on morale though and if Alexis gets a good start this season his goal scorring can only dradually improve
Yeah I think his finishing will improve with confidence. Still he doesn't have the instinct of a goal scorer and I don't think it is something you can learn.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:11 am

The Franchise wrote:And Pique was and is just horrible at defending players who make runs behind him, he just doesnt know they are there.
Club Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona | Spanish Supercup Leg 1 - Page 3 Dl.php?i=rsz_1rsz_villa_pique

He's just looking at the ball, completely unaware of unmarked Villa.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:20 am

Godin tells Miranda to hit Messi's thigh as he seems to have a problem there ( min 0.20) Mad 

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:24 am

The injury is normal for a player who's been walking on the pitch the whole last season. He should go on a fitness training and perhaps lose a few kilos too.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:26 am

Typical Godin Rolling Eyes he really is a red card waiting to happen that thug
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:36 am

danyjr wrote:
The Franchise wrote:And Pique was and is just horrible at defending players who make runs behind him, he just doesnt know they are there.
Club Atletico de Madrid - FC Barcelona | Spanish Supercup Leg 1 - Page 3 Dl.php?i=rsz_1rsz_villa_pique

Yep. And Atletico made another chance for forget who, where a similar movement behind Pique had him lost.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:52 am

gondov wrote:Godin tells Miranda to hit Messi's thigh as he seems to have a problem there ( min 0.20) Mad 

Damn, of this killing signal......

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:I basically agree with the combination of Danyjr and BC's comments here. But I will add, I am increasing leaning toward the opinion we need an athletic midfielder.

In the end, I think people need a higher degree of realism.

Our centerbacks are bad. Mascherano had a VERY good game today but even in that good game he almost cost us by getting destroyed at the back post on a set peice.

And Pique was and is just horrible at defending players who make runs behind him, he just doesnt know they are there.

Then we faced a team, who's coach has come up with a incredibly good game plan to face us.

They press when they need to (goalkicks and deep throw ins) and then they sit back and dont allow the runners space in behind.

Then they break quickly and when fatigue sets in they change the players on the wings, to give them freshness on the counters.

They are a very good team on top of all this and Martino only been here a month.
dani, for the umpteenth time you have summed up everything very well. I will make a couple of points.

1. Ever since we first benched and then sold Yaya Toure I have felt the lack of an athletic midfielder. However in 2010-11 the combination of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets worked so well that it was almost impossible to say we lacked anything. Busquets had an out of this world season. He made me feel I was so wrong. However now when I reflect on all that I feel as if that one season and a few months here and there apart, the element of athleticism has been quite visibly lacking in our midfield. Hence I wonder why for a short time we were able to make everything look perfect. Our midfield trio were largely all outstanding at that time but maybe there's something more to it as well.

2. The problem that you mentioned about Pique I think all of us have noticed very well by now. However he didn't have these problems when he started with us in 2008. Remember those days when he handled Cristiano so well. What has changed since then?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:40 pm

The Franchise wrote:And just barely, Adriano is almost as fast.
Then why is Alba invariably chosen? Because of his cantera background? Last night I know Adriano was suspended but asking in general.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:
danyjr wrote:

Yep. And Atletico made another chance for forget who, where a similar movement behind Pique had him lost.
Pretty sure it was Villa again if we're thinking about the same chance.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:34 pm

I hope Messi isn't risked in the return leg. I wanna see how we cope without him with a trophy on the line.

--neymar-----cesc-------alexis-

------iniesta----------xavi-----

------------busquets--------

adriano--masch----pique-----alves
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:07 pm

If we arent going to play Messi, I feel like we should play Cesc, Iniesta, Neymar, Pedro/Tello and Alexis as an out and out number 9.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:14 pm

messixaviesta wrote:
2. The problem that you mentioned about Pique I think all of us have noticed very well by now. However he didn't have these problems when he started with us in 2008. Remember those days when he handled Cristiano so well. What has changed since then?
I feel like defending is always about space and communication. How much space you can cover and how everyone communicates to each other.

I think if there is one single reason is cliche as it is, Puyol.

I already praised Mascherano for a good game, but did you see what he did in the Villa goal? He crossed over Pique's position to go chase a ball in a channel. Its debatable if we should of done that or not, but there 1 of 2 things Puyol would have done in this situation im sure.

1. Saw the run, and communicated to Pique to to go into that channel much earlier. Therefore he is in position to see Villa and if a ball is played back to him, then defend that.

Or, 2. Run down that channel like Mascherano did to chase the ball, but while doing so communicate to Pique the danger of Villa behind him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:39 pm

I also think, to defend a counter one need communication skill and intelligence other than speed.....In a counter you can get outnumbered in a large space and just making a quick right decision is not enough if its not well communicated with your partner. I am sure pique and mash do some communication as it is done by all defenders but yeah i agree that is not as great as Puyol. Puyol himself said in an interview how he shouted always at pique during a game....I think its extremely important to have one leader in defense. After puyol pique could have been like that.....but clearly we are lacking that....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:22 pm

The Franchise wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:
I feel like defending is always about space and communication. How much space you can cover and how everyone communicates to each other.

I think if there is one single reason is cliche as it is, Puyol.

I already praised Mascherano for a good game, but did you see what he did in the Villa goal? He crossed over Pique's position to go chase a ball in a channel. Its debatable if we should of done that or not, but there 1 of 2 things Puyol would have done in this situation im sure.

1.  Saw the run, and communicated to Pique to to go into that channel much earlier. Therefore he is in position to see Villa and if a ball is played back to him, then defend that.

Or, 2. Run down that channel like Mascherano did to chase the ball, but while doing so communicate to Pique the danger of Villa behind him.

Very well explained dani.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:22 am

Im not too worried atm as everyone it seems Razz And Pique and Alba arent that bad wtf? Very Happy Its similar to criticism ppl gave to Alexis and Cesc a year back Very Happy Alba are Adriano is top class and happy with them. Macherano with Pique can be good, if they really need to hit top form and not make mistakes. That looks like the way its going to be as we r not looking likely in getting a CB Sad

Im happy with the team performance overall. Atletico domiante first half, but I think second half they tired eventually and we controlled it. I think Alves is there again, he made the cross and general game back to his peak I hope. Alexis I think is looking very good atm. I think things are going well and Im confident about the second leg win.... dont forget Atletico did score through very good play but also that magical Villa finishing in the end... I dont think they will be able to repeat that first half vs us.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:18 am

How Is alba being criticized for Atleti's game? can someone explain? Their goal came from Alves side who was not in position....
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Agree that Alba criticism for the goal is a bit harsh.But Alves cant be faulted too.He was pressing and trying to win the ball.
You cant expect him to press high up and also expect him to be in position.More times than not he wins the ball by pressing.
Either he is tasked with pressing or asked to stay in position.Cant be expected to do both.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next