Art Morte
Red Alert
McAgger
vegfootball
RedOranje
23 posters

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:53 pm

Laughing fahim

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:09 pm

If they want Willian does it mean they wanna sell MATA!!!! affraid 

TAKE SUAREZ GIVE US MATA!!!! PLEASEEEEEEE

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 5 Funny_1525
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:11 pm

O DARN LOCK THIS THREAD FOR ANY POTENTIAL SPURS PEOPLE!!! DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS!!

hmm hmm 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Rumors are that Willian is confused while seating in Spurs HQ. . . Don't care if this are true! Still funny!

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 5 Tumblr_merzef321s1qchg6io1_400
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:29 pm

Fahim on a roll in this thread.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 5 BSS4L7TCUAAuPuc

The coveted WILLIAN SAGA!!!!!

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 5 Rofl-seizure-o
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Fahim is quite literally the Liverpool FC section's best poster of all time.

Never leave you Bangladeshi beauty Proud
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Fahim is quite literally the Liverpool FC section's best poster of all time.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:45 pm

BR after missing on Willian
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10260981/Jose-Mourinho-leads-late-Chelsea-charge-to-hijack-Tottenhams-30m-Willian-deal.html

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:46 pm

telegraph wrote:The Merseysiders were convinced they had a deal for £27 million for the midfielder last weekend, but the fee increased when Spurs entered the race.
The 25-year-old instead spent the past three days in negotiations at White Hart Lane, although they were still awaiting confirmation that he would sign.
Rodgers was evidently frustrated he had not secured a player he said would have been a “perfect” addition. “No, it wasn’t a football one [decision] and I don’t really want to go into it.
"That’s for us as a club really,” he said. “The bottom line is he hasn’t come here for whatever reason and we move on. We identify the targets and then try and get the deal done financially. The club has pushed financially as hard as they felt they could but it wasn’t to be.
“The owners have the money and know what they can and can’t spend. I can push and do everything to get the player in, but it’s their money.”
The philosophy of FSG is established, principal owner John W Henry adamant he will not overpay because he believes Liverpool have been stung too often in the past.
“It would have been great if it was Willian. It wasn’t to be, but we can’t lose sight of trying to get the right player in,” said Rodgers.
“I think the owners will spend the money. They are ambitious for the club to progress and get into the Champions League places, and we also know in order to not get left behind you have to spend money.
“That’s rightly important, to get quality in to help you progress, and the owners want to do that. We just need to make sure we can compete and get some players in.”
Asked who had the final say as to how much the club will pay for any player, Rodgers said: “It’s the owners’ money and they will always have the final say because it’s they who run the club. What they have taken on here is a huge job.
"You have seen over the few years they will finance a project and what we have to make sure of is we get the right players and the value and worth of the player is right.
“It’s disappointing because this was a player who would have been perfect for us. We expect to be the best we can possibly be, but that means getting the best players. It’s not just a player, but the right player. Where they can, the owners will finance that.
“We’ve sat down with the recruitment guys, working tirelessly really, so we hope to unearth something before the window shuts. The challenge is the same.
“Chelsea have won the Champions League and spent millions upon millions, Tottenham could spend up to 90-odd million and they are outside the Champions League.
“For us it is a huge, huge challenge. But I don’t want to be defeatist. We can’t accept that. But make no mistake about it, it’s a big, big ask and a big challenge.”
Rodgers, meanwhile, insists there have been no fresh bids for Luis Suárez. He said: “If we lose Luis at this stage, there might have been a point a few months ago where there was time to do it, but with 11 days to go it would be difficult to replace him.”

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:29 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:BR after missing on Willian
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10260981/Jose-Mourinho-leads-late-Chelsea-charge-to-hijack-Tottenhams-30m-Willian-deal.html
what do you think of this bit

"Asked who had the final say as to how much the club will pay for any player, Rodgers said: “It’s the owners’ money and they will always have the final say because it’s they who run the club"

1) Rodgers: New Liverpool boss refused to work under a sporting director

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers-854548

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/jun/01/brendan-rodgers-liverpool-control

& so on

2) Liverpool transfers to be decided by committee, not Brendan ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10004873/Liverpool-transfers-to-be-decided-by-committee-not-Brendan-Rodgers-claims-Ian-Ayre.html

3) now it look Owner will have the say who to buy not Rodgers
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:35 am

I would rather Willian goes to Tottenham than Chelsea to be honest.

He'd eat Spurs wage bill...

Any who. Madrid are coming in for Luis. Now I'm genuinely scared. This isn't Arsenal. Luis has came out and said he wanted Madrid. I'm aware the owners and both Rodgers have said Luis is not for sale, but that was directly to Arsenal. Madrid is a different story. We should demand something ridiculous like 70m and you guys can him next summer, or something. To lose him now, and failing to sign anyone would kill our season.

Brighter news:

More reports link Sakho to us.

That's both Eriksen and Sakho to now come out and talk about us. Why we don't have any interest confuses me. They both fit the FSG policy of being young, price will increase in the future, immense potential, will improve the starting XI right now, and will be cheap as their both on their last year contracts...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:15 am

Sometimes I think it can be to do something with Eriksen's skills. I mean he must be very creative and with great potential, may be his finishing abilities arent good enough as BR wants to have them, he wants someone more as a goal scoring threat, this all is what BR may be thinking that we already have Suarez. He has almost decided that cou will play through the middle, i am not sure if eriksen can also play passes through the hole of a needle, you get what I mean!!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:26 am

I do agree, Eriksen is a lot like Coutinho where he's more creative than a goal threat. With that said, the chances he creates are clear cut. He puts opportunities on the plate. He still would offer a good 10+ goals in him, and as it stands right now, Eriksen is better than Coutinho. Coutinho can then play more in the final third as well, which for me is his best position.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:36 am

Against stoke we had 25 shots and 1 goal, bar the GK performance but I can see what BR wants to have in his team

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:41 am

Yes, but why would he then say Willian is a dream move and he is so good, and he wants him and all this other crap?

Willian's not exactly a goal scorer... lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:47 am

something-red wrote:Yes, but why would he then say Willian is a dream move and he is so good, and he wants him and all this other crap?

Yea, DTOR and I were discussing that recently as well. It's why I think Willian was more of an opportunistic bid, and why I find Rodgers' most recent quotes a bit odd. That said, he described Willian as "perfect for our system" or some such, rather than saying he was what the side needed or that he was the type that was our main target for the summer. I think Rodgers was expressing regret because Willian was perhaps the last realistic big target we had an opportunity to get and FSG passed him over when the price when only a couple of million over the valuation Rodgers/the committee had given for him. From FSG's point of view it made good business sense... the manager had given a value for a previously unplanned target and when it looked like a bidding war was starting they walked away because he wasn't the "needed" player for the team. From Rodgers' perspective it was/is probably damned frustrating though... he probably felt that identifying Willian as a player he wants to buy meant that the valuation given was only an estimate and that the club/owners should be willing to bid a bit over the odds given the state of the window (time left and prices), especially with a perceived direct rival as the other party.

Of course that's not going to stop most fans from saying that the owners are refusing to spend and back the manager, unfortunately.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:03 am

It did sound like a dig at FSG, but that's just me reading the quotes. I'd need to watch the actual presser to determine if it was or not, so I can hear the tone and his expression etc.

If it was a dig at FSG, I'd have to be say I'd be a little disappointed in Rodgers to be honest.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:07 am

Arquitescu wrote:Fahim is quite literally the Liverpool FC section's best poster of all time.

Amen.

Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:09 am

Surely even Real Madrid have to sell before spending another £50m+ after the Bale, Isco and Illarramendi deals, no? That's something like £150m spent already. Their sales so far are about £50m. Although I suppose Coentrao might bring in some cash and we'll see what happens with Di Maria, Benzema and Modric, but still... It would get a little insane if they raided the Premier League off of Bale and Suarez in the same summer.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:48 am

Embarassed Embarassed

Now now mate! Spurs forums just might put in a bid for me!! Laughing
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:54 am

Our final hope of salvation this window!!!

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 5 Tumblr_mg5qm4opyc1s2pjyho1_500

(Putting in ideas in the Spurs HQ hmm )
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:19 am

Art Morte wrote:Surely even Real Madrid have to sell before spending another £50m+ after the Bale, Isco and Illarramendi deals, no? That's something like £150m spent already. Their sales so far are about £50m. Although I suppose Coentrao might bring in some cash and we'll see what happens with Di Maria, Benzema and Modric, but still... It would get a little insane if they raided the Premier League off of Bale and Suarez in the same summer.
Well, the entire Suarez-to-Madrid rumour is built around reports that Benzema could be on his way out for more htan £40m. Add to that the money from potential sales of di Maria, Coentrao, and Ozil (one suggested by Madrid fans, guess Bale and Isco would push him out of the XI?) and it's theoretically possible that Madrid could raise enough money to put in a legitimate bid for Suarez. That said, I can't see those moves materializing, nor can I see Liverpool accepting a £50m offer. I think it would take something in the (rumoured) Bale range to tempt us and that just seems unbelievable, even for Madrid. Much more likely that they'll put in an Arsenal-esque £30-45m and hope that Suarez will force a move.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:23 am

something-red wrote:It did sound like a dig at FSG, but that's just me reading the quotes. I'd need to watch the actual presser to determine if it was or not, so I can hear the tone and his expression etc.

If it was a dig at FSG, I'd have to be say I'd be a little disappointed in Rodgers to be honest.

I know it did. But as I said (or tried to say in a very complicated and unclear way) I think it was more of a heat-of-the-moment thing by Rodgers and not a calculated complaint. I think he was frustrated that the owners didn't move as he wanted/expected them to, though they did operate within the structure of what their previously stated position suggested. If, on the other hand, they had promised him full backing in his pursuit of Willian or they had decided on a maximum valuation for him withOUT Rodgers' input then I think Brendan has every right to complain and FSG need to sort things out. However, as I said, I have a feeling it's not so cut and dry and for better or worse there's no person that can really be blamed... it's just a symptom of our current position as a club. Not sure we'll ever have the full picture though.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:43 am

RedOranje wrote:
something-red wrote:Yes, but why would he then say Willian is a dream move and he is so good, and he wants him and all this other crap?

Yea, DTOR and I were discussing that recently as well.  It's why I think Willian was more of an opportunistic bid, and why I find Rodgers' most recent quotes a bit odd.  That said, he described Willian as "perfect for our system" or some such, rather than saying he was what the side needed or that he was the type that was our main target for the summer.  I think Rodgers was expressing regret because Willian was perhaps the last realistic big target we had an opportunity to get and FSG passed him over when the price when only a couple of million over the valuation Rodgers/the committee had given for him.  From FSG's point of view it made good business sense... the manager had given a value for a previously unplanned target and when it looked like a bidding war was starting they walked away because he wasn't the "needed" player for the team.  From Rodgers' perspective it was/is probably damned frustrating though... he probably felt that identifying Willian as a player he wants to buy meant that the valuation given was only an estimate and that the club/owners should be willing to bid a bit over the odds given the state of the window (time left and prices), especially with a perceived direct rival as the other party.

Of course that's not going to stop most fans from saying that the owners are refusing to spend and back the manager, unfortunately.
i don't get why we were in for Willian, he does not fit in Fenway Sports Group plan & Rodgers type of football

were Eriksen he does fit in Fenway Sports Group plan & Rodgers type of football

------------------------------------------------------------------

i don't think the owners are refusing to spend and back the manager, i think they don't what other Carroll,Downing, Allen,Borini
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:46 am

RedOranje wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Surely even Real Madrid have to sell before spending another £50m+ after the Bale, Isco and Illarramendi deals, no? That's something like £150m spent already. Their sales so far are about £50m. Although I suppose Coentrao might bring in some cash and we'll see what happens with Di Maria, Benzema and Modric, but still... It would get a little insane if they raided the Premier League off of Bale and Suarez in the same summer.
Well, the entire Suarez-to-Madrid rumour is built around reports that Benzema could be on his way out for more htan £40m.  Add to that the money from potential sales of di Maria, Coentrao, and Ozil (one suggested by Madrid fans, guess Bale and Isco would push him out of the XI?) and it's theoretically possible that Madrid could raise enough money to put in a legitimate bid for Suarez.  That said, I can't see those moves materializing, nor can I see Liverpool accepting a £50m offer.  I think it would take something in the (rumoured) Bale range to tempt us and that just seems unbelievable, even for Madrid.  Much more likely that they'll put in an Arsenal-esque £30-45m and hope that Suarez will force a move.
i think we would take 50m for Luis Suárez as he out England, as Suárez burn to many bridges at the club
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next