Art Morte
Red Alert
McAgger
vegfootball
RedOranje
23 posters

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:13 am

something-red wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Gylfi Siggurdson? Can see us being linked to him in the next couple of weeks, but don't think Spurs will sell to us. :X
i like Siggurdson think we should went with him then Allen, i would love him

------------Lucas/Allen-------Gerrard/???
-----------------Gylfi/Jordan/Coutinho
???/????----------Daniel/Aspas/Borini----------Coutinho/Sterling/Aly

vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:14 am

Yea yea let's all talk about the Gylfi & Ince's now :facepalm: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:41 am

something-red wrote:What are everyone's thoughts on Gylfi Siggurdson? Can see us being linked to him in the next couple of weeks, but don't think Spurs will sell to us. :X
Not very keen, it would have a bit of a strange feeling to it. And I'm not eager to do business with Tottenham, either.

Yarmolenko banana

But I suppose we'll just have to wait for the next credible rumours or news regarding our transfers, after signing Cissokho and Willian thing over, there's nothing on the table that I've heard of.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:46 am

Fahim89 wrote:
something-red wrote:We had a bid accepted meaning we could therefore had the right to speak to Willian.

Willian just simply chose Tottenham over us.
Well Tottenham came in with better financials for both Anzhi & Willian. But as we showed interest first Anzhi did give us the option of increasing our bid. Which we declined.
I'm glad we didn't get him then. He is no where near worth the 85k a week we were rumoured to give him.

Also, we had a bid accepted. Or Anzi would not have let us speak to Willian at all.

If Anzi decided to turn their backs on us and then reject the bid after Spurs put a bid in, I'm glad we pulled out.

I'm still happy we lost out. Dempsey v2. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:47 am

Fahim89 wrote:Yea yea let's all talk about the Gylfi & Ince's now :facepalm: 
We can talk about Willian if you want? Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:48 am

IMO, right now we can attract two kinds of players:

1. 'STAR' players who lack motivation or ambition with insane fee and wage.

2. Rising talents who are determined to prove their worth.

We all know why there wasn't much competition for Downing or Carroll.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:51 am

Art Morte wrote:
Not very keen, it would have a bit of a strange feeling to it. And I'm not eager to do business with Tottenham, either.
I don't really want him, but Rodgers seems to rate him and Levy has apparently put him up for sale... hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:54 am

something-red wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
I don't really want him, but Rodgers seems to rate him and Levy has apparently put him up for sale... hmm
What Gylfi is for sale!!! Ohhhh that's then BR going to go haywire over him now. Didn't know that small info. . . . . :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:04 am

All rumours at the moment. Not to say that we're linked.

But there's a massive rumour around Spurs that Levy has had enough with the agent group that has Bale, Caulker and Gylfi in their books. Caulker and Bale are on the urge of being sold. So yeah, nothing confirmed yet.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:32 pm

Would you take Shaqiri on-loan!
Would he fit our plan!!

Just asking.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:40 pm

iftikhar wrote:Would you take Shaqiri on-loan!
Would he fit our plan!!

Just asking.
I guess we tried that but Bayern aren't interested according to rumors.

Plus we are currently looking for a LW/LF to free Coutinho in CAM.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:28 pm

I feel sorry that I missed chance to jump on the ship when you guys discussed all those things between 1 am to 4 am for me.
Anyways, I was trying to put something similar with words 'solid foundation' which will help us not only to finish in 4th spot only in this season but to make it as a natural cycle to do it again and again over the next few years to come.

Just waiting for some exciting rumours and Astonvilla match now

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Andriy Yarmolenko . . . . scratch 

Whose he?
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Just remember watching him playing in Europa League hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Am I the only one who's comfortable with this squad right now? I'm starting to feel like waiting to make transfers is worth the extra PR boost, because doing the smart thing and getting players in early makes the fans forget about those deals by the time the season starts.

We're not doing the same thing as Arsenal right now, because we're identifying targets, bidding enough for them, and in many cases - signing them (five players in this summer so far!!!). And the result is the best our squad has looked for some time, especially on the attacking end with the depth we have. With a little luck, I think this squad could make top 4 with no changes to it. Yes, we'd need the luck more now than we would with a few extra players, but we'll need things to go our favor to get top 4 any year.

I think we truly need another CB in for depth. Aside from that, I don't think there are any "needs" in this squad. Would I like to see a marquee signing up top with Cou/Sturridge/Suarez? Of course I would, but rotating Sterling/Ibe/Aspas/Hendo/Allen/Alberto would still leave us with enough attacking quality on the field to challenge in every game. Would I like the CB we bring in to be starting 11 quality? Of course I would, but we have 3 players on the roster right now with experience excelling in starting roles in the PL. Would I like to see a true backup for Lucas brought in? Of course I would, but as long as he doesn't have a long layoff again, I think we have enough cover.

Again, this requires things to go right; we haven't yet grabbed our season in our own control yet. But we've improved from last year, and we've improved massively from the start of last season, and the squad looks solid from top to bottom. The season's already under way, we've got 3 points and a cohesive squad that look like they want to play for the badge, the manager, and each other. It's time to stop stressing over Willian or Turan or Mkhitaryan or whoever else, and get behind this team. They're already good enough.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:44 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Andriy Yarmolenko . . . . scratch 

Whose he?
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Just remember watching him playing in Europa League hmm
Arguably Ukraine's best player at the moment, an LW/LF. Plays for Dynamo Kiov and I don't remember seeing him in Europa League, but I saw him in the European Championship (is it that officially?) tournament in summer 2012 and he was impressive.

If he's open to a move we should definitely be looking at him, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:49 pm

ohh thanks art, i first noticed him in euro cup...in that group of england i guess

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:24 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Am I the only one who's comfortable with this squad right now?  I'm starting to feel like waiting to make transfers is worth the extra PR boost, because doing the smart thing and getting players in early makes the fans forget about those deals by the time the season starts.

We're not doing the same thing as Arsenal right now, because we're identifying targets, bidding enough for them, and in many cases - signing them (five players in this summer so far!!!).  And the result is the best our squad has looked for some time, especially on the attacking end with the depth we have.  With a little luck, I think this squad could make top 4 with no changes to it.  Yes, we'd need the luck more now than we would with a few extra players, but we'll need things to go our favor to get top 4 any year.

I think we truly need another CB in for depth.  Aside from that, I don't think there are any "needs" in this squad.  Would I like to see a marquee signing up top with Cou/Sturridge/Suarez?  Of course I would, but rotating Sterling/Ibe/Aspas/Hendo/Allen/Alberto would still leave us with enough attacking quality on the field to challenge in every game.  Would I like the CB we bring in to be starting 11 quality?  Of course I would, but we have 3 players on the roster right now with experience excelling in starting roles in the PL.  Would I like to see a true backup for Lucas brought in?  Of course I would, but as long as he doesn't have a long layoff again, I think we have enough cover.

Again, this requires things to go right; we haven't yet grabbed our season in our own control yet.  But we've improved from last year, and we've improved massively from the start of last season, and the squad looks solid from top to bottom.  The season's already under way, we've got 3 points and a cohesive squad that look like they want to play for the badge, the manager, and each other.  It's time to stop stressing over Willian or Turan or Mkhitaryan or whoever else, and get behind this team.  They're already good enough.
i can ask like the 10000 times all lfc fans on forums most think the right side midfielder is best but left side midfielder is so poor,

was i sleep that we had a front 3 like

De Bruyne--Torres--Hazard--

Navas--Aguero--Silva

Lennon--Soldado--Chadli

Valencia--van Persie--Zaha

invisible man--Sturridge--Coutinho
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:29 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:Andriy Yarmolenko . . . . scratch 

Whose he?
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Just remember watching him playing in Europa League hmm
Arguably Ukraine's best player at the moment, an LW/LF. Plays for Dynamo Kiov and I don't remember seeing him in Europa League, but I saw him in the European Championship (is it that officially?) tournament in summer 2012 and he was impressive.

If he's open to a move we should definitely be looking at him, imo.
and we should be look to put a bid in for Yevhen konoplyanka

Yarmolenko on the left Coutinho central konoplyanka on the right

both should coast around 12-15m for each player
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:32 pm

stevieg8 wrote:Am I the only one who's comfortable with this squad right now?  I'm starting to feel like waiting to make transfers is worth the extra PR boost, because doing the smart thing and getting players in early makes the fans forget about those deals by the time the season starts.

We're not doing the same thing as Arsenal right now, because we're identifying targets, bidding enough for them, and in many cases - signing them (five players in this summer so far!!!).  And the result is the best our squad has looked for some time, especially on the attacking end with the depth we have.  With a little luck, I think this squad could make top 4 with no changes to it.  Yes, we'd need the luck more now than we would with a few extra players, but we'll need things to go our favor to get top 4 any year.

I think we truly need another CB in for depth.  Aside from that, I don't think there are any "needs" in this squad.  Would I like to see a marquee signing up top with Cou/Sturridge/Suarez?  Of course I would, but rotating Sterling/Ibe/Aspas/Hendo/Allen/Alberto would still leave us with enough attacking quality on the field to challenge in every game.  Would I like the CB we bring in to be starting 11 quality?  Of course I would, but we have 3 players on the roster right now with experience excelling in starting roles in the PL.  Would I like to see a true backup for Lucas brought in?  Of course I would, but as long as he doesn't have a long layoff again, I think we have enough cover.

Again, this requires things to go right; we haven't yet grabbed our season in our own control yet.  But we've improved from last year, and we've improved massively from the start of last season, and the squad looks solid from top to bottom.  The season's already under way, we've got 3 points and a cohesive squad that look like they want to play for the badge, the manager, and each other.  It's time to stop stressing over Willian or Turan or Mkhitaryan or whoever else, and get behind this team.  They're already good enough.
You aren't alone.

Great post.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:57 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:

You aren't alone.

Great post.
why do fans think wide Forward is going to work as history show for past 20 old yeas team who have won the Premier League had wide attacking midfielder's/wingers, in that time we had only one or none player good enough to play out wide

last time we won the League was with Barnes & Houghton
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Echo rumor mill saying we're back in for Papa and that they're resigned to letting the player go for less than they had hoped... guess time will tell. Also saying that we're in for Hughes at 6m, and are leading the chase. If we bring in those two, I'd be happy; if we also bring in a player for the front 3 on top of that, I'd be ecstatic.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:51 pm

RedOranje wrote:You identify and sign players like Coutinho and Sturridge.  This is a freak summer for Spurs, they're spending well beyond their usual means (like 4 or 5 times beyond it) due to the seemingly inevitable deal for Bale.  Arsenal haven't strengthened at all, nor have United.  Chelsea have spent around the same amount as we've seen offered by Rodgers & Co, and have brought in only squad players... though their pursuit of Rooney reminds all that they still have their own sugar-daddy behind them.  City are City and to attempt to spend with them with be insanity without a similarly wealthy owner.

Spurs have managed to climb out of exact positions we're in now (if not worse) by building intelligently and steadily, and capitalizing on our slip up.  It may be that that is our only realistic hope of moving back up the table at this point.  If that's the case, then that's what the future holds for us.  It's painful to admit, but outside of working and building in an intelligent manner and getting a bit of luck, there are few if no realistic options.  Marquee signings are fun and all, but they're becoming overhyped and over-emphasized to the point of absurdity in the modern game.  They can just as easily lead a club to ruin (Portsmouth) as they can lead it to glory.  

As for attracting players; we're getting to the point where many of the players in or below their prime (age-wise) were not alive to remember Liverpool's true hey-day, so our past glories won't be enough to draw them in.  Clearly we can't spend with the big-boys (or boys' toys as Anzhi are finding out) so we have to be clever.  Find the hidden gems or not-yet-primetime targets.  Build with intent and a plan, but also intelligence and measured reason in how and where we spend.  Certainly, we could offer £20m and £80k for a player worth half those values and land him, but that only means that the funds used to ensure he signs are not available for the pursuit of other targets.  Refuse to spend big on a player with injury concerns now, but move in again in January if he proves himself fit.

It really, really sounds like you're suggesting that FSG are not doing an acceptable job because they're not bankrolling us as some oil baron/sheikh would.  Now going by our past conversations I don't think you believe such, but that does appear to be what you're attempting to convey here... and far too many (IMO) LFC fans seem to believe so as well.  Perhaps FSG are being a bit too cautious and rigid with their interpretation of the footballing market (and by extension valuations of players and [un]willingness to bid over that) but they are also showing clear ambition and willingness to back the manager in his choice and pursuit of said players.  You think they'd ok a move for Willian (either a third choice signing or an opportunistic move) to the tune of £30m but not free up that extra money if it would have made a difference in either of the other two pursuits if that were enough to actually seal the deal(s)?  Whatever you want to say about Rodgers (inexperienced, naive, lacklustre defensively, Allen-lover, etc) or FSG (evil capitalist pigs, distracted by Red Sox, unfamiliar with football) neither are stupid and both have a plan.  Maybe that plan doesn't line up perfectly with yours or mine, on and off the pitch, but it does still exist and it is still being implemented.  The stadium project is progressing, albeit slowly.  The squad is shifting in style, though probably not quickly enough for some.  It's going to take time to complete, and even time yet to see how it is truly developing.  But there is still time.  Time left in the transfer window.  Time left in the new season.  Time left in the stadium efforts.  Time left on Rodgers contract.  And time left in the club's future... something that nearly wasn't the case only three short years ago.  That time is both good and bad, but it is time left, nonetheless.  

How do we return to the CL places?  Patience, intelligence, determination, a clear strategy, and more than a wee touch of luck... all stewed together in time.
Great post Red. I personally have looked at this situation through every perspective to try to understand and I do. And I certainly agree with most of it. I hope the fact that it's sounds that I am making an argument on the opposite side, people don't think I am criticizing our ownership. I love what FSG has done (saving us from administration, refurbishing Anfield, bringing in BR, etc) and I'm grateful that we are doing it the right way and are not selling ourselves to some oil oligarch. The reason I'm making these argument is that we can come up with answers such as that so people understand that all is actually well with us and that missing out on Willian, MKh, Costa is not the end of the world. I think it's imperative to do in times like these when we collectively get our souls crushed after missing out on big game targets or the team goes through a tough time on the pitch etc.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm not completely comfortable with the squad, no.

But I really do like that we haven't been spending aimlessly, just for the sake of it. I hope that continues.

I think we can field a very nice XI when everyone's available. I don't need to write the names here, you all know perfectly well who we've got. But we haven't got depth, we haven't even got game-changing subs on the bench, really. That also means that we haven't got sufficient cover for absentees. Defence looks fine to me, but CMs, Gerrard, Lucas and Henderson started our opener and after that we've only got Allen and maybe Alberto. When looking at first XI wingers (or wide forwards) they're all pretty much better suited for another position, striker or CAM: Aspas, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez, (Borini). I'm guessing in most games we'll be starting at least 3 out of those 4. We're all excited about Sterling and Ibe - but at the same time we all probably agree that they can't be relied upon too much yet.

Injuries, suspension, fatigue, loss of form, lack of variety... at the moment I'd say these are going to ruin our season. Our ideal XI is not the problem.

It's being mentioned, not just on here, that our net spend is actually negative so far this summer and how that's not good at all. Personally I don't mind that, it's not the real measurement of how much better or worse your team is getting. Like I said, better not to spend than spend aimlessly. But I do think we need one or two quality additions or we'll go into the season with a thin squad that just can't put in top-4-challenging-performances week in week out.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Art Morte wrote:Wow, suddenly so much is being made of our few missed targets. Personally I don't blame the club / manager / owners at all, I feel so far we've been doing the right thing.

MkhhhRyan chose Dortmund, who are currently above us, well understandable.

Costa didn't want to switch Madrid to Liverpool and got offered a new contract (improved wages) at Atletico and stayed there. Well understandable.

Willian, well, this is the transfer that was probably the most achievable, but personally I wouldn't have been happy paying £30m for the player, so don't mind at all him going to Tottenham.

All I hope now is that we don't buy for the sake of buying, it becomes a danger when you miss out on your first few targets. I don't want us spending £10m+ on a player who is unlikely to meaningfully improve us, just because we couldn't get anything better. I'd rather keep that money in the bank and spend it later when there are good targets available again.

That said, I believe we'll see one or two signings still. Here's hoping they won't be panic buys.
The thing about panic buys, and Red and I had a conversation on this already on the first page, is that having left it so late and having missed out on our primary targets, whoever we bring in henceforth and god forbid they flop, they will be branded as a panic buy no matter what. If we don't bring anyone in and miss out on 4th spot, the fans (NOT ALL mind you) will once again question FSG's intentions. Catch-22 et al.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:00 pm

something-red wrote:We had a bid accepted meaning we could therefore had the right to speak to Willian.

Willian just simply chose Tottenham over us.
Willian didn't choose Spurs over us. We didn't want to go any higher in the bidding race when it was our turn. And most of us (and you as well) are glad for it because any man with two eyes could see Willian wasn't worth the 35m.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next