Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Freeza on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:59 pm

@Unique wrote:how comes this is outrageously bad but this movie is classed as a comedy. hmm


Really bringing up the classics here.

Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 18145
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Firenze on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:59 pm

@RealGunner wrote:He was feeling discriminated


dead

pray we stay away from this headcase tbh

_________________
avatar
Firenze
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 26255
Join date : 2012-04-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Mr Nick09 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:00 pm

@Firenze wrote:
@RealGunner wrote:He was feeling discriminated


dead

pray we stay away from this headcase tbh
he will go to barca because that seems to be were c.unts gather

_________________
Madridista naci.. Vikingo sere y Merengue Moriré
avatar
Mr Nick09
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 27581
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by RealGunner on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Nothing special anyways. Peaked 3 years ago. On the decline now.



avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79054
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Unique on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:01 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Unique wrote:how comes this is outrageously bad but this movie is classed as a comedy. hmm


Really bringing up the classics here.
tbf that was a funny film. Very Happy

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12380
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:01 pm

@Unique wrote:how comes this is outrageously bad but this movie is classed as a comedy. hmm


It can't be that hard to understand that when dealing with racism, there is no equivalence between black and white and this argument which your emplyong never works.

Posing as black is not a problem because you are posing as someone else, but because there's a massive history of stereotypical and oppressive representation of blacks in the US which was perpetrated by blackface representation.

That's the thing one needs to argue about, not your silly sophistics worthy of a five year old.

Your question would be appropriate if black people had enslaved white people too, for hundreds of years, with all that entails. THEN we could have arguments of equivalence.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23474
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:03 pm

So, to be fair, the blackface taboo is mostly a US thing. If anything aglosaxon world. Is it fair to expect a French-Spaniard to abide by the same standards when he's probably not even aware that it is a taboo thing in certain countries?

_________________
avatar
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : River Plate
Posts : 23006
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Freeza on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 pm

I just don't understand why the black paint. Why not just the afro?`Absolutely no reason for him to paint himself.

Reminds me of the film 'Dear White People'.

_________________


hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18145
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:06 pm

@Mr Nick09 wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Mr Nick09 wrote:Hans, this is not acceptable, and yes under no circumstance this can be. wear a wig, dress up and that's it


Far too easy just to declare this as 'unnacceptable'. He's dressing up as a Harlem Globetrotter, a stereotypical 80s figure. Which is the point of a 1980 costume party, as I assume that's where he was going.
Explain to me again what's racist about it, please.
Please explain in detail in what way, exactly, Antoine Griezmann perpetuated the racist stereotyping of blackface with this act.
Because frankly I don't see it.
Unless he was jumping around shouting "ooooey massah" and eating watermelon.
Dressing "LIKE" a black person if perfectly fine, god knows we have unique styles.

But wearing black face, black paint over your body to look black is not acceptable.

Griezmann perpetuated a racist act by wearing black face, it should not go any further than that.

So if he dresses like the KKK because it's representative of the 80s it's ok too?


Your post is all over the place in terms of logic.

Of course he's not dresing "like a black person". He's in costume, right? So he is impersonating a black person, and in his case it kind of makes sense.

It is a very stupid thing to do as of course he's on incredibly thin ice, and I'm only defending him out of boredom, but as a fact I'm kind of bored with reflexive outrage about stuff on twitter.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23474
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Kaladin on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Why

Why would anyone do this

I just dont understand

_________________
avatar
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 21637
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Kaladin on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 pm

This is the type of shit i expect in pro clubs


Last edited by Kaladin on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
avatar
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 21637
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Unique on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 pm

@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Unique wrote:how comes this is outrageously bad but this movie is classed as a comedy. hmm


It can't be that hard to understand that when dealing with racism, there is no equivalence between black and white and this argument which your emplyong never works.

Posing as black is not a problem because you are posing as someone else, but because there's a massive history of stereotypical and oppressive representation of blacks in the US which was perpetrated by blackface representation.

That's the thing one needs to argue about, not your silly sophistics worthy of a five year old.

Your question would be appropriate if black people had enslaved white people too, for hundreds of years, with all that entails. THEN we could have arguments of equivalence.
you do know that's lots of black people also enslaved other black people as well don't you. when you see that movie poster and griezmann in a party costume you see slavery. all I see is a white man making a joke and 2 black guys doing the same. it depends on how you want to see things. the way people get offended these days I'm surprised we have any stand up comics left in the world Thumbs up

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12380
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 pm

I mean, think about it.
Getting angry and pointing a finger at Antoine *bleep* GRiezmann for going to a 80s costume party in a black basketball player costume, even if that's a questionable thing he does, is this our contribution in the fight against racism?
Is this where we think we need to draw a line? Is this where he will direct our attention about politics of 'race'?
It's cheap. This is not a problem.

That's why I said.
Let's calm the *bleep* down and remember what's important.
Far too much obsession over the acts of individuals in this debate.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23474
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Warrior on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:13 pm

So Griezmann disguise himself as a black basketball player and there is outrage on social medias ? How surprising

Clearly it isn't meant as a racist provocation

Cyclone in a glass of water this Laughing
avatar
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3598
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by RealGunner on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:15 pm





dead
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79054
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by RealGunner on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:15 pm

@Warrior wrote:So Griezmann disguise himself as a black basketball player and there is outrage on social medias ? How surprising

Clearly it isn't meant as a racist provocation

Cyclone in a glass of water this Laughing


Is that a canadian saying ffs?

It's 'storm in a tea cup' please.
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79054
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by RealGunner on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 pm


avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79054
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Freeza on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:19 pm

@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:
@Unique wrote:how comes this is outrageously bad but this movie is classed as a comedy. hmm


It can't be that hard to understand that when dealing with racism, there is no equivalence between black and white and this argument which your emplyong never works.

Posing as black is not a problem because you are posing as someone else, but because there's a massive history of stereotypical and oppressive representation of blacks in the US which was perpetrated by blackface representation.

That's the thing one needs to argue about, not your silly sophistics worthy of a five year old.

Your question would be appropriate if black people had enslaved white people too, for hundreds of years, with all that entails. THEN we could have arguments of equivalence.
you do know that's lots of black people also enslaved other black people as well don't you. when you see that movie poster and griezmann in a party costume you see slavery. all I see is a white man making a joke and 2 black guys doing the same. it depends on how you want to see things. the way people get offended these days I'm surprised we have any stand up comics left in the world Thumbs up


Racism is all about context. Is it that hard to understand. Colorism is also a huge problem in a lot black communities and if black people did that, then it would be comparable since there's racist history in regards to that subject.

White people haven't been oppresed, which is why it's racist. Your argument to counterpoint this is that black people are racist towards other black people? I don't know what your point is here.

_________________


hmm:
avatar
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 18145
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Unique on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:20 pm

I remember the time prince harry went to a party dressed as a Nazi. the back lash was bad yet harry is in no way a nazi and does all kinds of charity work all over the world so maybe we should wait to see if griezmann is a racist twat.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12380
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Nishankly on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:21 pm

avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15160
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by RealGunner on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:22 pm



"Calm down guys, I'm fan of the Harlem globetrotters and the good times... it's a tribute. Tell Firenze at GL that I am coming to United next season"
avatar
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 79054
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Warrior on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 pm

@RealGunner wrote:
@Warrior wrote:So Griezmann disguise himself as a black basketball player and there is outrage on social medias ? How surprising

Clearly it isn't meant as a racist provocation

Cyclone in a glass of water this Laughing


Is that a canadian saying ffs?

It's 'storm in a tea cup' please.



It's a home-made english translation of a french expression

Then i'll admit, yours look much better
avatar
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3598
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Nishankly on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 pm

@RealGunner wrote:


For people who dont speak french

avatar
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 15160
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Warrior on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:25 pm

@Nishankly wrote:



See, at least it gives us good memes
avatar
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 3598
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 pm

@Unique wrote:I remember the time prince harry went to a party dressed as a Nazi. the back lash was bad yet harry is in no way a nazi and does all kinds of charity work all over the world so maybe we should wait to see if griezmann is a racist twat.


I actually thought of that case too. Laughing
Personally I think it must be fair game to go dressed up to a party as a Nazi, especially if you're a Brit.

It's not quite the same if you're a German, then you have even more explaining to do. Laughing

Which is why, as Freeza says, stuff like that is about context.

In this case, the context is an 80s costume party in France or Spain, which we should keep in mind when judging this nonsense.

_________________
avatar
Hapless_Hans
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : FC Bayern
Posts : 23474
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Antoine Griezmann Appreciation Thread

Post by Unique on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 pm

@Freeza wrote:
@Unique wrote:
@Hapless_Hans wrote:


It can't be that hard to understand that when dealing with racism, there is no equivalence between black and white and this argument which your emplyong never works.

Posing as black is not a problem because you are posing as someone else, but because there's a massive history of stereotypical and oppressive representation of blacks in the US which was perpetrated by blackface representation.

That's the thing one needs to argue about, not your silly sophistics worthy of a five year old.

Your question would be appropriate if black people had enslaved white people too, for hundreds of years, with all that entails. THEN we could have arguments of equivalence.
you do know that's lots of black people also enslaved other black people as well don't you. when you see that movie poster and griezmann in a party costume you see slavery. all I see is a white man making a joke and 2 black guys doing the same. it depends on how you want to see things. the way people get offended these days I'm surprised we have any stand up comics left in the world Thumbs up


Racism is all about context. Is it that hard to understand. Colorism is also a huge problem in a lot black communities and if black people did that, then it would be comparable since there's racist history in regards to that subject.

White people haven't been oppresed, which is why it's racist. Your argument to counterpoint this is that black people are racist towards other black people? I don't know what your point is here.
so the bottom line is a white man dressing up as a black man as a joke is racist but 2 black guys dressing up as white woman for a comedy film is not racist. my opinion is none of them are racist its all a bit of fun.

_________________
avatar
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12380
Join date : 2015-01-19
Age : 44

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum