We should try Barta paired with Masch

Force Piqué to earn his spot back

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours V4 - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V4

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Been saying this for months but Sakho isn't good enough for Barca.

At least long term, sure he's better than Mascherano but do you really want that?

You are Barcelona you shouldn't settle for someone who is just merely better than Mascherano and a stop gap.

Bayern, Madrid, Dortmund, Juventus etc etc wouldn't go near him.

Don't get me wrong though he's not bad in fact he's a fantastic signing for Liverpool but you are not Liverpool and you shouldn't be settling for the players they have.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:28 pm

futbol wrote:You're hating Mascherano for the sake of it. When in reality he has been better than Pique this season and hasn't committed any mistakes at all. Let's quickly analyze all 3 goals we conceded so far this season.

Atletico Madrid: David Villa scoring from PIQUE'S zone on the left side with Pique having no clue whatsoever what's going on behind his back.

Atletico Madrid Arda Turan chance, big save from Valdes: Pique sliding in and getting schooled by Arda.

Valencia first goal by Postiga: Pique "marking" Postiga.

Valencia second goal: Iniesta stationed at the near post and getting outjumped. Which would have happened even if we had a 7 ft. tall centerback because the centerback wouldn't be stationed at the near post anyway. He'd be in the middle where most of the traffic is.

Once again we can have this discussion all night long but Sakho is not better than Mascherano and I don't even understand this discussion because as things stand we should be looking for a Pique replacement, not a Mascherano one. Guardiola has seen this ages ago in his last season with us and benched Pique and played Puyol-Mascherano. Let's not ignore this.
This season? You mean the 4 games we have played or something?

Please go away with that rubbish.

Showing me clips of possible Pique errors does nothing...except continue to show we need a centerback, something everyone already knows.

But I will add, blaming him for Postiga's first goal is outrageous. In a game, such positioning will happen to a CB multiple time...only difference here is Postiga scores an early candidate for goal of the season..most times, nothing will happen, the ball wont even reach him.

But seeing as you ignore Mascherano's flaws, how about the last 15 minutes of the last game? You know what Mascherano did? Instead of finding a pass or at least hoof it clear, twice he tries to dribble out of a crowded edge of the box and loses possession, gifting them more chances.

Sakho not better than Mascherano Laughing

Whatever dude. As I said, there are many options we could of bought much superior to crappy Mascherano.

You can bring up 4 good games of this season all you like from him, the entire last season he was dogshit. Give me that entire season as a proof of his game over these last 4 anyday.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:30 pm

futbol wrote:On a sidenote. This section also has a horrible bias against Alba and a chronic blind eye when it comes to Alves' "performances".

Alves is nowhere to be seen to defend the cross in HIS zone. Where is our RIGHT BACK? Instead Mascherano is covering his ass while Alves is half-heartedly jogging back. Yet this forum has once again managed to put blame on Alba for this goal. LMAO. Laughing
Clearly you cant read.

I mean, thats the only explanation for this level of sillyness.

Nobody blamed Alba, they said he could have done more...and they also said Dani Alves could of done more.

Learn to read or leave, do us a favour.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Been saying this for months but Sakho isn't good enough for Barca.

At least long term, sure he's better than Mascherano but do you really want that?

You are Barcelona you shouldn't settle for someone who is just merely better than Mascherano and a stop gap.

Bayern, Madrid, Dortmund, Juventus etc etc wouldn't go near him.

Don't get me wrong though he's not bad in fact he's a fantastic signing for Liverpool but you are not Liverpool and you shouldn't be settling for the players they have.
Dont agree mate.

Someone is better than noone at the end of the day. And even if Sakho isnt good enough (yet still better than Mascherano) at his age, its very easy to recoup some of the money.

Plus noone here is saying "omg we are so dumb we didnt get Sakho"...we or at least I am saying, there are many players we could of get if we werent so stupid.

This attitude of "there is noone we could sign" is idiotic. People crying about "taking risks on unproven players"...if Milan didnt take that risk, never would of got Silva in the first place....same for Madrid and Varane and I could go on and on with players.

I mean whats worse...take a chance and it failing or standing pat when you can clearly see what we have isnt good enough?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:36 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Learn to read or leave, do us a favour.
Yeah, ok.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:49 pm

OMG! Don't take a risk? WTH are you people talking about?

Surely the world is not out of nice young CB prospects. As The Franchise said, how in hell did Varane happen? Some clubs took the risk. And for us all the possible bells and alarms should be ringing to take the risk after we got raped repeatedly by Bayern. No CB is better than one in panic.

WHo is talking about panic? THe management had the complete summer to sign someone. They (the management) were going for risks if you ask me. For guys like Luiz who could have backfired after spending 30 mil. I can't agree that the scouts could not find a nice young CB that would cost some 15-20 mil. This is the right time to risk it, as we have only once functional CB in Pique who is functioning at 70% and Puyol who will play 10 games this season due to injury. Obviously we do not trust Bartra as hw would have gotten some minutes by now. And Masche is good, but are we *bleep* out of our mind to believe we can go even half a season with only Pique and Mashce and old Puyol? WTF??? This got to beone of the worst managements we had in this millennia.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:25 am

Said it before, would have loved if Barca came in with a bid for Chiriches who Tottenham got. I don't know how good he is, I don't know his potential, but from what I've seen (youtube), he's great technically and dribbling out of the back, as well as being fairly tall and having an athletes body. For roughly 9.5 million euros on a highly rated 23 year old CB...what risk is that? You can recoup all the money and he potentially comes in and performs great. I'll see how he performs with Spurs this season.

Sakho on the other hand is fairly cheap and is also someone that comes with little risk financially. Better than Masch and offers Pique competition perhaps. Both good things. We need a CB, even if it's someone who isn't top top quality.

And if we were willing to spend 35 million euros on Luiz, why not Koscielny? He is Barca quality, he is technically good, tall, pretty good in the air, and overall a solid defender. He may not "want" to leave Arsenal, but Barca could make any players head turn, and Wenger is always willing to sell at a price Laughing

Pathetic excuses. Any of those 3 were possible.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:15 pm

According to MD we are following the progress of Guzman, Vergini and Alvarez Balanta ( Crying or Very sad )
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Vergini? are we *bleep* idiots? he was free this summer ffs!!!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:01 pm

free_cat wrote:Vergini? are we *bleep* idiots? he was free this summer ffs!!!
According to our management and some people in this forum, we should not risk, ever. Even if it is for free Razz
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:10 pm

free_cat wrote:Vergini? are we *bleep* idiots? he was free this summer ffs!!!
No he wasn't. He played for Verona and was loaned to Newell's. When his loan expired some press members mistakenly took that to mean that his contract ended, but he still had a contract with Verona. I read that Estudiantes purchased him from Verona for 1.1m I believe, but Spanish wiki says that he's there on a loan as well. So Verona might still own his rights.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:59 am

After a strong performance today and rumors that River sold 70% of Balanta's pass to Jorge Mendes for 7m the fans chanted "El negro no se vende" (don't sell blackie) repeatedly. Rumored interested parties: Benfica, Chelsea & Barca. He is supposed to leave in December. Of the remaining 30% of the transfer 10 will go to River and 20 to his family. It all seems rather stupid as River rejected a 14m bid from Monaco back in June.

Also, further proof that in Argentina & Uruguay it is neither taboo nor an insult to call someone 'negro'.

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:22 am

You guys don't speak Spanish? Negro is not bad. That's just a way of describing your skin tone. It's not even really a way of saying some one is black so much can also be said for some one who is just really dark skin, but not "black"

It also depends how you use it. In the context of the way Suarez probably said it..it was racist lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:24 am

Btw I never watch River, what position is this dude? A CB? LB?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:45 pm

ESPN: Dani Alves will be put on the transfer market next summer as his contract runs out in 2015 and the club will not renew.

http://m.espn.go.com/deportes/nota?storyId=1893636&src=desktop&cc=3888&wjb
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:07 pm

Clever.

After all, with 1 year left on his deal he will fetch a superb price. Also, Montoya has surpassed him long ago so it makes perfect sense.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Montoya is actually on the last year of his contract, so unless he renews he walk on a Bosman next season. Same for Bartra.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:17 am

I'd be happy if Montoya was given more time. But losing Alves is a huge blow. I guess losing him at a right time makes sense.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:19 am

I think its more likely we resign them...for what reason I dont know but we'll see.

Montoya for me wont ever be special. I think at a club at our level, the best he can be is rotation/back up. But first choice, I just aint seeing it. He's very good on the overlap, but there is nothing else he really does anything near that level. His defensive positioning is really worrying too.

Bartra im not sure about because he doesnt get chances. But im starting to feel like if this season under Tata's fresh eyes and us only having 2 centerbacks (or 2.5 or 1.5 depending on how you see Mascherano and Puyol) he still dont get a chance...clearly something isnt going right in training or something.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:31 am

Thing is if you were Montoya, why would you renew? You're rejecting offers from La Liga clubs and even CL ones like Napoli. If Barca doesn't believe in you pack your things and move on. At 23 next year he will no longer be a young promise.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:51 am

that's probably why you took an option on Manquillo no?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:56 am

I would like to know the exact reason why we didnt get a CB? It seemed like we tried but the ones we wanted just werent convinced to join? And we are not going for second best or unsuitable ones?

But Im quite surprised and think we're pretty fuked, this is risky....lets just hope our 2.5 CB (Puyol getting injured all the time these days) holds up for the entire season ffs.... Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Sport reports Curtois the top of Zubizarreta's list for GK. Like Ter Stegen and Guaita he will only have 1 year left on his contract. Seems like we'll have plenty of options to choose from.

Conceding long-range goals easily, here we come :bow:

Edit: nevermind, looks like the original source is the Daily Mail
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:47 pm

If Zubi cant even select a suitable goalkeeper, he needs to resign and do so out of shame.

If he cant recognise someone in his own position, really he has no clue.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:22 pm

According to tranfermarkt.de, Courtois has a contract until June 30th 2016 (unlike Ter Stegen and Guaita).
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next