bounce
btw guys how is today's referee Andre Marina Hawai or something

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

vs Manchester United - Page 2 Empty Re: vs Manchester United

Post by Fahim89 Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:43 pm

Liverpool starting line up: Mignolet; Johnson, Škrtel, Agger, Enrique; Gerrard, Lucas; Henderson, Aspas, Coutinho; Sturridge. #LFC

#LFC subs v #MUFC : Jones, Sterling, Wisdom, Kelly, Ibe, Flanagan Alberto
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Man Utd XI v Liverpool: De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Young, Giggs, Welbeck, Van Persie

#MUFC bench v #LFC: Lindegaard, Smalling, Buttner, Anderson, Nani, Valencia, Hernandez
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Our bench is amusing.

But come on, Liverpool, let's do this!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:09 pm

Where the f*ck is Borini?

Seems like Kolo will come back after the international break. Good thing we didnt rush him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Got the win! cheers

We didn't play that good, but this is one fixture where only the result matters.

Hopefully Johnson's injury isn't bad...
Aspas was poor.
Sturridge just can't stop scoring!
Lucas with a couple of those unnecessary, dangerous, free-kick giving fouls...
Coutinho was a bit lost.
Hendo was awesome! 
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:47 pm

BEST DAY EVER

SHANKLY :bow:
Sturridge the birthday boy :bow:
Agger, what a performance, created the goal :bow:
Gerrard :bow:
Lucas :bow:
Coutinho :bow:
SKRTEL :bow: Thank you for everything MARTIN :bow:
Enrique :bow:
Mignolet :bow:
Johnson :bow:
Aspas :bow:
Alberto :bow:
Sterling :bow:
Wisdom :bow:

Great team performance. I really don't care about anything other than the win right now cheers
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:56 pm

It's the win that counts. Frankly, playing beautiful, hitting the bar and loosing is way worse than a scrappy win. I'm amused by Aspas. It's only three games, but was poor in all three. For next two weeks, we are top of the table :-)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:58 pm

Shortest matchday thread for the biggest match of the season Shocked
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:03 pm

McAgger wrote:Shortest matchday thread for the biggest match of the season Shocked
Yeah, might be due to the fact we were all out watching the match with fellow reds, loved the celebrations next to them burning Mancs.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:14 pm

McAgger wrote:Shortest matchday thread for the biggest match of the season Shocked
Thus the biggest win!!!! I was shocked myself!! Shocked
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:30 pm

However, I am real disappointed that we have not improved in one aspect of our game. . That we have not yet beaten anyone above us in the league!!

vs Manchester United - Page 2 37897490
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Cheeky bugger Fahim.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by HOXTYGEN Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:52 pm

i cant really describe how happy i am for this win.Of course my prediction has been bogus thats because i want us to win big...Anyway,its a happy day for us red fans......wish suarez was on the field to taunt evra,he looks like he got robbed of his candy after the match
HOXTYGEN
HOXTYGEN
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Fahim89 wrote:However, I am real disappointed that we have not improved in one aspect of our game. . That we have not yet beaten anyone above us in the league!!

Same problem as last year, still haven't beaten anyone in the top four Laughing Laughing rofl
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:18 pm

Aspas's first big game, Ill let him off easy considering we won tonight.

Great game by everyone, Just keep this going.

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:23 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
Same problem as last year, still haven't beaten anyone in the top four LaughingLaughingrofl
rofl rofl

Good one mate!!!!!! rofl[/quote]
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Fahim89 wrote:However, I am real disappointed that we have not improved in one aspect of our game. . That we have not yet beaten anyone above us in the league!!

fahim mate rofl
how about this problem persists the whole season
???:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:21 pm

McAgger wrote:BEST DAY EVER

SHANKLY :bow:
Sturridge the birthday boy :bow:
Agger, what a performance, created the goal :bow:
Gerrard :bow:
Lucas :bow:
Coutinho :bow:
SKRTEL :bow: Thank you for everything MARTIN :bow:
Enrique :bow:
Mignolet :bow:
Johnson :bow:
Aspas :bow:
Alberto :bow:
Sterling :bow:
Wisdom :bow:

Great team performance. I really don't care about anything other than the win right now cheers
10x :bow:
after 1994 :bow: where are we heading with this one hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:32 pm

the best thing for me in this game was Skrtel, the way he put himself on the wire and threw himself for every ball, every tackle, when he probably knows about uncertainty in the future. Skrtel :bow: more Proud than ever!!!
I think BR will realise that Aspas is not effective in the center OR rather he is not really made for that, I mean he will look much better if he shifts to the right. Although he did make one or two good turns, he couldnt really handle it. Actually it was only his third game and today he played against ManU.
Hendo, the way he kept Evra busy in the first half :bow: i will say bring him in the center for next three games

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:51 pm

this coincidence: if I heard it right
94-95, the first player to score in each game in the first three matches and a brilliant start to the season.
13-14, the second player to score in each game in the first three matches and off course best start after '94...so where are we heading hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:34 pm

i liked that goal from Sturridge. a lot of good strikers would have messed that up
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:15 am

Best part of today might just have been Woy not being allowed into the directors box Laughing

----------------------------------------------------
EDIT Months Later

vs Manchester United - Page 2 Iba9dvUjaPBzyT

Last edited by McAgger on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:54 am

Apparently there was a fight at half time in the tunnel.

Gerrard and RvP were involved. Very Happy

I loved how Gerrard got into RvPs head when he pushed Skrtel. It definitely put him off his game. Love how the players are actually fighting together now. The harmony is very very good right now. Players are happy, and we're getting the right results.

With that said, I'm not too sure what to make of this season.

Last year we played well, but did not get the result to justify the performance. This year, we seem to play a good 20-30 minutes, then play defensively for the second half and manage to get 3 points out of it. No ones arguing. 9 points out of 9 right now!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:13 am

I think we are too overwhelmed to see any technical side of the game or performance, for me the feeling has not still sunk in that we are top of the table. For me i could see that we have that luck which we earned through our determination and desire. I am not dreaming of anything unrealistic but the sheer possibility from here on about what could go on from here if we retain all the unity, the mentality just delights me.

Another thing I could really appreciate is whatever complaint we had last season about BR, defensive point of view, those complaints seem to be being resolved. I mean we look so organized for the most part of the game except few nervy moments which would come naturally when we are defending like that. So we are able to see another side of BR which at least i could not see on the last season.

It is like BR had plans to teach everyone last season 'how to score goals' and this season it seems 'how to defend'....just the combination of two is being awaited.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:58 am

At first, I had nervous sweats of scepticism given that Glenno, Gerrard & Sturridge all played 120 minutes unnecessarily in the useless League Cup. I felt little confidence when I saw Martin Skrtel, a man who hasn't played since May(?) starting alongside Agger, in place of the injured Toure.

We started of with our usual 4-2-3-1. Surprisingly United were content on keeping possession with little use of their flanks. It did help that Coutinho & Henderson on their respective side were excellent in tracking back for their fullbacks.

Mignolet: So used to I have been, in seeing Abbiati of Milan and recently Reina formerly of LFC, fumble long shots, drop simple catches, make mistakes on the smallest of routine saves despite saving the most difficult of balls. What I have come to admire about Mignolet is his "safe pair of hands" So assured he is in between the sticks, his command, his composure, the strength and conviction in his gloves to catch the strongest of balls, while the others would parry or punch away. We have learned that Mignolet since his famous penalty save vs Walters, has earned the utmost confidence of our fans. I cannot stress to how important that penalty save was for him, as keep in mind how shaky Mignolet was within that Stoke game. Only 23, an old fashioned GK who is refreshing from the pure reflex shot-stoppers of today. Mignolet has proven to be our signing of the summer.

Enrique: Mixed game. Efficient in running down the flanks, usually stuck close to his man yet too close and too often. Versus Nani and Valencia, to often he positioned himself behind the wingers and when in defence, had his back turned to them which could have resulted in a catastrophic turn of events. Needs to work on that.

Skrtel & Agger: Absolutely wonderful. Daniel Agger stuck close to an invisible Robin van Persie all night. Frustrated the Dutchman and was tasked as the sole man marker for RvP in his zone. Brought out the ball comfortably from the back, cleared wonderfully, a composed figure in our defence.

Skrtel deserves even more given his inertia to the game after his lengthy spell out. Multiple times he saved our game with his last ditch tackles, perfect positioning and snuffed out anyone in his zone. Amazing how we put his future in doubt yet he comes back to win MOTM in what was our biggest game of the season so far.

Glen Johnson: Literally, a PERFECT game. I've had my fair share of criticism for Glenno yet we must admit he turns it up for the big occasion. Quite frankly, Glen was absolutely useless in attack in frequently having his Glen Freezes" yet that doesn't matter! I saw a Glen who was spot on in all his positions, instead of tackling, he anticipated, instead of reacting, he positioned himself. At times he took on double threats from Evra, Welbeck & Young. His injury brought serious anxiety to me after his wonderful performance, and that Andre Wisdom was already showing his atrocious positioning at times, yet saved from the lack of possession on the left side.

Lucas: Not his best game. Didn't look sharp. Didn't position himself during United's central forays. Clumsy tackles in weak areas. Needed Gerrard to bail him him out multiple times. Not a central figure in our win at all.

Gerrard: What impresses me more about Gerrard was his sacrifice to defend our midfield. We didn't really see many of his crisp passes to split defences or the distribution to dominate the midfield. Yet on multiple occasions we witnessed some vital tackles and positions from Gerrard. We just knew that he'd be up for it during United as he didn't fall short of expectations. Wonderful game.

Henderson: Again, I must express my concerns on seeing that Henderson is continually sacrificed in a role that works for the system, yet not for him. He tracked back well, provided his simple passes to stimulate our system and some wonderful flicks. Yet again, if he is not able to cut in from the right flank, despite providing crosses, what will his role be outside an auxiliary winger?

Aaspas: Ideas were correct, positioning was correct. Yet not much of influence. Keep in mind Aaspas was used to a possession heavy system where many of the touches were brought to his feet to optimize his influence. He isn't a type of off-ball player to make runs, seek stray balls and counter all the time. Can be forgiven as the standing ovation for him justified his hard work.

Coutinho: Successful only on his tracking back role. Too often he was naive with the ball, dribbled into dangerous areas, looked for his shots too often, and didn't provide the influence needed to supply Sturridge.

Sturridge: That movement to burst in between the two defenders between the sticks justified his goal despite it being mostly Agger's. I saw things like those only from the intelligent Fowler. When under pressure, Danny seems to find the most intelligent of solutions to score goals for us. Often was selfish, but I repeat that this should not matter. Near the end, he was dead tired and lost all his legs. I am showing great concern that Rodger's will not burn him out as quite clearly, we have been too reliant on Sturridge to score our goals. We haven't taken him off when he needs to or when he can afford to. Expect a burn-out soon if this continues. But has single-handedly WON all 4 of our games.

1-0 Stoke: Daniel Sturridge
0-1 Aston Villa: Daniel Sturridge
4-2 Notts Country: Sturridge brace, on game saving one in ET
1-0 Manchester United: Daniel Sturridge again.

While it is stellar to see our Danny step it up and make us forget about the abominable creature, Luis Suarez. BR needs to find an assistance to his goals so that we decrease our reliance on him.

All in all, a pragmatic system by BR fielded similar to Bearzot's 4-2-3-1 in his famous Italia World Cup winning squad. Wasn't pretty to watch, yet the discipline on display, how organized we were despite the few gaps and the mentality to soak pressure and counter-act their will to score, was magnificent.

Man of the Match? Brendan Rodgers. This represents not only a maturation of Rodgers, but a serious breakthrough for his tenure. Finally we beat Manchester United under him, the statement that we have given to our season is massive. I cannot express my joy after the 90+5 minutes that were completed.

No, this wasn't the Manchester United of yore. I saw a United which was nowhere near the one of SAF. SAF would have reacted, not relied on RvP or minor changes to bail him out. SAF's United would have put up a much greater fight than Moyes' United did. Quite frankly, this was the 1st time in my life that I saw a United that I did not fear. I never rated Moyes and I never will. Average manager.

Favourite moment of the game: Steven Gerrard calling Robin van Persie a "f**king prick" after he tried to bully Skrtel. Funny that van Persie lowered his gaze right after Gerrard faced up to him, despite the Dutchman's aggression. When Gerrard gets mad, you know something is wrong. *bleep* van Persie. No class at all.

Top of the table. 4 wins in a row. YNWA. WOW
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2