Tiago Ilori

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Tiago Ilori

Post by Fahim89 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:39 am

Oh well don't know if has proved anything for a place in an already horrible squad Sad

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:11 am

@Don't call me James wrote:
@donttreadonred wrote:It's hard to say that he "deserves" a spot without ever seeing him play.

Well that may be the case for you but I've watched him almost every times he's played in the past 2 years to know he's better than Skrtel and Lovren already. Just needs to be given a chance is all.

All 3 games? rofl

Red is the colour of extremes. It's the color of passionate love, seduction, violence, danger, anger, and adventure. The colour red is the color of energy, passion and action. This colour is a warm and positive color associated with our most physical needs and our will to survive.Red represents power and courage. The colour red is the basis of the traditional red power tie or red suit in the business, and the red carpet for celebrities and VIPs. Red's association with courage and bravery makes it a colour that is used often in national flags, on shields, and in achievement patches. Liverpool. Is. Red.
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:33 am

He played like 10 matches for Granada missed out a lot due to injury and played like 15 for Bordeaux again injuries holding him back. And then the Euro Championship this past summer and Toulon tournament in 2013.

So I'd say I've seen him about 30+ games.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:25 pm

@Don't call me James wrote:He played like 10 matches for Granada missed out a lot due to injury and played like 15 for Bordeaux again injuries holding him back. And then the Euro Championship this past summer and Toulon tournament in 2013.

So I'd say I've seen him about 30+ games.

My original comment was meant more as "without ever seeing him play for LFC, especially under Klopp". However, in fairness, I did not specify.

Since joining LFC, he's played 24 league games (9 for Granada, 15 for Bordeaux, none for Aston Villa, and none for LFC). Not exactly the most convincing stat in-and-of itself... Granted, I realize some of those seasons were curtailed through injury (something that might also raise red flags given our current situation). As for the Euro and Toulon tournaments, I know that he did impress, especially at the U21 Euros. That's part of the reason that I'm excited to give him a chance a LFC. He looked to be finally delivering on the promise that got our attention in 2013.

My only issue is that I have a hard time putting too much stock in the youth tournaments. Yes, it's a wonderful indicator for talent. However, that talent needs to be nurtured and developed. How many times have we seen youth stars fail to develop at the top level?

I really don' mean to slate Ilori. I am truly optimistic for his continued development once he settles into a positive situation. I'm merely tempering my expectations, as there have been a few red flags over the past few seasons (injuries and lack of chances/appearances topping the list). I absolutely want him back at the club so that Klopp can assess him and see whether he can do a job in the current setup. I certainly hope(think) he can. However, I don't want to crown him as the savior of our defense after a good U21 Euros and a failed loan spell (Villa).

donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4