Highburied
kiranr
aleumdance
halamadrid2
sportsczy
51 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Abidal:  "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me" - Page 5 Empty Re: Abidal: "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me"

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
1991 wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:Barcelona really is a terrible club.

I also like how they cut him soon as he got back to match fitness when he was clearly the best they had in that position.

The thing is, unless you are Catalan, you are always "the help". They dont respect others, and never will. Messi is going to see in a few years. Some young Catalan player will step up, and it will be like he never existed.
Cesc is basically seen as ''the help'' and he's catalan.
Cesc is probably the most un-charismatic player at that club though. His own mother probably wouldnt rally around him.
Guardiola then? Loved by all fans, is charismatic and was an icon of the club and yet when he wasn't good enough for Barca he was sold..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Abidal:  "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me" - Page 5 Empty Re: Abidal: "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me"

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Abidal-si-guardiola-avait-ete-la/398445

Question: Il a malgré tout fallu convaincre Monaco que vous étiez en bonne santé…

Abidal: Ce qui a été difficile à comprendre, c’est le discours du Barça lors de ma dernière conférence de presse. En affirmant que c’était un choix professionnel, ça a mis le doute aux autres clubs. Ce n’était même pas une histoire d’argent. La preuve, c’est que tous les mois où j’étais malade, le club ne m’a pas payé. Aujourd’hui, j’ai la chance d’avoir la confiance de l’entraîneur et du président de Monaco. Je touche du bois, tout va bien. Mais c’est vrai que j’ai eu une période de doute.
Direct translation of bolded part:  "It wasn't even a money issue.  The proof is that during the months that i was sick, the club didn't pay me."
And how does that contradict what I said? All he said was that the club was not paying him, but at no point did he say that he didn't recieve his salary..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:28 pm

Laughing :bow: :facepalm: 
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:40 pm

sportsczy wrote:Laughing :bow: :facepalm: 
So you have nothing to say so you start posting smilies Laughing

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:52 pm

Someone really needs to take sportsczy's shovel off him.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:05 pm

harhar11 wrote:
sportsczy wrote:http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Abidal-si-guardiola-avait-ete-la/398445

Question: Il a malgré tout fallu convaincre Monaco que vous étiez en bonne santé…

Abidal: Ce qui a été difficile à comprendre, c’est le discours du Barça lors de ma dernière conférence de presse. En affirmant que c’était un choix professionnel, ça a mis le doute aux autres clubs. Ce n’était même pas une histoire d’argent. La preuve, c’est que tous les mois où j’étais malade, le club ne m’a pas payé. Aujourd’hui, j’ai la chance d’avoir la confiance de l’entraîneur et du président de Monaco. Je touche du bois, tout va bien. Mais c’est vrai que j’ai eu une période de doute.
Direct translation of bolded part:  "It wasn't even a money issue.  The proof is that during the months that i was sick, the club didn't pay me."
And how does that contradict what I said? All he said was that the club was not paying him, but at no point did he say that he didn't recieve his salary..
rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:38 pm

btw regarding this

CBarca wrote:
gondov wrote:http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/detail/article/fc-barcelona-communique-on-eric-abidal

FC Barcelona contacted the player and his representative to clarify the confusion generated by the statements made by Éric Abidal to L'Equipe

After Éric Abidal’s statements were reported by L’Equipe, FC Barcelona contacted the player and his representative in order to clarify the confusion created by the phrase “the Club didn’t pay me in the months I was sick.” FC Barcelona want to clarify the following:

- Both parties confirm that the Club duly complied with the contractual commitments stipulated in the player’s contract.

- That in January of 2012, even though the player relapsed and underwent liver transplant surgery two months later, FC Barcelona offered Abidal a contract extension which included a substantial renewal bonus. The extension was signed.

- That in March of 2012, when Abidal’s disease reappeared, the Club did not execute its option to unilaterally rescind the player’s contract per the stipulation in the contract that Abidal signed. By mutual agreement, FC Barcelona and the player suspended the contract until Abidal was medically cleared to play. During this period Abidal continued collecting his agreed upon monthly payments and, upon his return to the first team, he received the proportional sum of his contract.

- In June of 2013, when his contract was due to expire, the Club and Abidal liquidated the contract.
Sportsczy

http://passioblaugrana.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/xavi_hernandez.jpg
I know that Rosell is a disgrace, but I very much doubt that he is stupid enough to lie about calling Abidal and using his name without Abidals approval to clarify things..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:That's not what say happened though...  the rumor is that Abidal agreed to take little to no wage with the understanding that, if healthy, he would get a 1-year extension to prove himself.

Abidal felt that Barca reneged on that handshake deal and made it seem like he wasn't healthy to cover themselves...

So it's not that they did anything illegal... but it is about Barca's management being shady.

Anyhow, he'll comment soon.  NT game coming up is too important right now for him to create a distraction.... it'll come out.
So although legally Barca may be fine.... as an honorable entity, not so much. That's Abidal's beef. He agreed not to get paid his contract with the understanding that, if he became healthy enough to play, Barca would extend him for a year. Basically Abidal didn't want to get paid for doing nothing.

Rosell double-crossed him because he didn't get it in writing.

Not much Barca can do because Abidal is not backing off his words at all. After the NT game, we'll get clarification from Abidal himself i would assume... or he'll just let bygones be bygones.

All Barca said in their "official mutual clarification" is that they paid him less because Abidal agreed to get paid less... which is true but not the whole story.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Why you put so much more faith in these 'rumors', in all likelihood fabricated, than Barca's own statement in conjunction with Abidal's agent is beyond me.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Abidal's agent is not mentioned in the Barca statement.  In fact, Abidal's camp is completely mute about the whole thing... which is why everyone is waiting.  Despite everyone in France asking for clarification, Abidal and his agent refuse all comments... for now.

This is just a statement of facts that Barca published that are favorable to them.  It's like a legal statement in law where both sides agree to certain limited things that are true in a case... but the circumstances surrounding these facts remain in contention as do other facts not discussed in the statement.

Read very much like a statement by a lawyer to me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Abidal's agent is not mentioned in the Barca statement. In fact, Abidal's camp is completely mute about the whole thing... which is why everyone is waiting. Despite everyone in France asking for clarification, Abidal and his agent refuse all comments... for now.
"After Éric Abidal’s statements were reported by L’Equipe, FC Barcelona contacted the player and his representative in order to clarify the confusion created "

scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 pm

This is a legal statement made by a group of lawyers.  They basically contacted Abidal and his agents saying they are going to publish a legal response saying that they met their legal requirements.  If Abidal and his agent had legal grounds to disagree, then they would have... but i doubt this is an issue of legality.  It has to do with agreements made that were not written where Rosell basically screwed him.

If Barca was truly innocent in this, they wouldn't file a legal brief that has all sorts of qualifiers.

Like...  "Both parties confirm that the legal requirements of the contract were met."  And then later qualifying that with "The player and Barcelona decided to suspend the contract until such time as the player regained his health."...  and later "Once Abidal returned to the first team, he received the proportional amount of his contract."

Why in the world do you think Abidal agreed to suspend his contract while he was ill?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 am

I demand a copy of his contract posted here.
Thanks
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:02 pm

To be fair, Barcelona never paid me when I was sick either.

Bastards...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Doc wrote:To be fair, Goallegacy never paid me when I was sick either.

Bastards...
smfh. I feel your pain son No #justicefordoc
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by KantLogic Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:18 pm

disgrace... not that they didnt pay him, but that we made this a topic,
who the hell cares? we all know rosell is an ass,
way to treat your old club, and be arrogant you have earned so much money already that the majority of the people won't even earn in their entire life x10.

you take dozens of money for kicking a ball and you ask for it even when you dont kick it? you worth only for that, if you dont do it then you dont deserve to get paid

arrogance from both sides

KantLogic
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:05 am

KantLogic wrote:disgrace...   not that they didnt pay him, but that we made this a topic,
who the hell cares? we all know rosell is an ass,
way to treat your old club, and be arrogant you have earned so much money already that the majority of the people won't even earn in their entire life  x10.

you take dozens of money for kicking a ball and you ask for it even when you dont kick it? you worth only for that, if you dont do it then you dont deserve to get paid

arrogance from both sides
Are you The messiah , idriozet ??

You may have some good points but the way you make them is just pitful.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Abidal: What Barca and I said was true

Eric Abidal consider that his interview with L'Equipe caused some misunderstanding when he said that Barcelona didn't pay while he was sick.

In a interview with Catalunya Radio, the french cleared the issue: "What Barca thinks and have stated is true, as is what I said. I have problems with no one; not with Rosell, nor Zubizarreta, nor with Tito, nor with the supporters or the people, nor with the culés. Evertyhing is good, and I will return there with the same joy as always", explained the french.
sportsczy Abidal:  "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me" - Page 5 14047752796496505428

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:07 pm

How is that a revelation?  He's saying that Barca's legal position is correct and his statement that he played without getting paid is true too...  He agreed to give up most of his wages for a 1-year extension and Barca never gave him that extension.  

He could make a stink out of it... but he doesn't want to.  He should've gotten it in writing.

At least that's the story the reputable french reporters provided.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:This is a legal statement made by a group of lawyers.  They basically contacted Abidal and his agents saying they are going to publish a legal response saying that they met their legal requirements.  If Abidal and his agent had legal grounds to disagree, then they would have... but i doubt this is an issue of legality.  It has to do with agreements made that were not written where Rosell basically screwed him.

If Barca was truly innocent in this, they wouldn't file a legal brief that has all sorts of qualifiers.

Like...  "Both parties confirm that the legal requirements of the contract were met."  And then later qualifying that with "The player and Barcelona decided to suspend the contract until such time as the player regained his health."...  and later "Once Abidal returned to the first team, he received the proportional amount of his contract."

Why in the world do you think Abidal agreed to suspend his contract while he was ill?
This is even more valid given Abidal statement:

"Everything Barca has said is true and so is everything i have said."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:42 pm

Abidal (Monaco): "I have an offer of Barcelona to become the future director of their schools around the world and I will accept it."

I hope he comes back. He is loved by the fans, staff and players. :bow:

Rosell may have acted like a tw**t but the fans and players really wanted him to continue. He even says Alves offered him part of his kidney. Proud
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:45 pm

AS English ‏@English_AS 47m
Éric Abidal: “Dani Alves offered to donate his liver” - full story coming up shortly

:bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:32 pm

sportsczy wrote:How is that a revelation?  He's saying that Barca's legal position is correct and his statement that he played without getting paid is true too...  He agreed to give up most of his wages for a 1-year extension and Barca never gave him that extension.  

He could make a stink out of it... but he doesn't want to.  He should've gotten it in writing.

At least that's the story the reputable french reporters provided.
Barça's statement, which Abidal say is the true story, say that Abidal was payed. Now if abidal wasn't payed, then Barça's statement would be false, which, once again, Abidal said that it was not.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:AS English ‏@English_AS 47m
Éric Abidal: “Dani Alves offered to donate his liver” - full story coming up shortly

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:50 pm

Why are some still beating this dead on arrival horse? People in GL becoming stupider by the minute.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:56 pm

"What Barca thinks and have stated is true, as is what I said. wrote:
I mean, he's basically saying he said his side of the story and Barca theirs...  with neither lying.

If he were younger, he would make a stink out of it.  But at this stage of his career, he has absolutely nothing to gain by going confrontational.  I have a feeling this will be a lot more of a story once he retires.

But for now, he's just happy to be playing and doesn't need the stress.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:56 pm

Because Abidal was interviewed by Catalunya Radio a couple of hours ago to know what really happend..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next