Highburied
kiranr
aleumdance
halamadrid2
sportsczy
51 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Abidal:  "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me" - Page 2 Empty Re: Abidal: "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me"

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:47 pm

The full interview is linked in OP (L'Equipe link).... there is no editorial or "out of context" possible.  If was a very direct question with a very direct answer.

Either Abidal or Barca is lying.  Knowing Abidal, i doubt it's him...

@LS.  Remember at the beginning of last year or the year before where the players in La Liga went on strike?  The first game was pushed back.  The whole issue was that there was a rampant practice in La Liga of clubs not paying their players.  The players' union wanted something to be done. Not saying Barca were involved... but it's not as uncommon as you would think. Players rarely speak up until after they leave if at all.

Last edited by sportsczy on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Abidal:  "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me" - Page 2 Empty Re: Abidal: "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me"

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:48 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:It doesn't make any sense that a club like Barca would not pay their players. And anyone who is jumping on their throats for an out of context poorly explained quote should be ashamed of themselves.

Big football clubs like Barca have deals with insurance companies, and most of the time they lose little money if one of their players is sick or injured. And in the case of Abidal, the insurance companies had to pay both the medical bill and his salary, so Barca technically did not lose any money on him.

What I am about to say is conjuncture, but Abidal probably meant that he was not fearing on not being paid by Barca once his contract runs, because they were not technically the ones paying him and as such the insurance company will continue paying it even if the contract runs out. What he was worried about is whether he would be able to play or not in the future.

I really don't know, but there is no way in hell Barca did not pay the salaries due to him. It is impossible in the work laws of the club and country.
This.There is no way abidal didn't get paid.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:51 pm

jibers wrote:lol. Cruyff should have a showdown with that weasel Rosell
He already is, Cruyff is threatening to sue Barca because we allegedly have a contact with his foundation and we are no longer paying them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:53 pm

We need early election.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:57 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
jibers wrote:lol. Cruyff should have a showdown with that weasel Rosell
He already is, Cruyff is threatening to sue Barca because we allegedly have a contact with his foundation and we are no longer paying them.
i meant a fist fight lol
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:01 pm

The thread has failed. sportczy's attempt at getting a gang together to abuse Barca has failed. :facepalm: 

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:The full interview is linked in OP (L'Equipe link).... there is no editorial or "out of context" possible.  If was a very direct question with a very direct answer.

Either Abidal or Barca is lying.  Knowing Abidal, i doubt it's him...

@LS.  Remember at the beginning of last year or the year before where the players in La Liga went on strike?  The first game was pushed back.  The whole issue was that there was a rampant practice in La Liga of clubs not paying their players.  The players' union wanted something to be done.  Not saying Barca were involved... but it's not as uncommon as you would think.  Players rarely speak up until after they leave if at all.  
I can't read french, so I can't look at the context and understand what Abidal is saying.

As an employee, my employers medical insurance for the company covers my salary if I am unable to work for a prolonged period of time. I would imagine the same can happen with football clubs. There are insurances on Ronaldo's legs for example.

Unless Barca have no insurance deals whatsoever, I can't see why they would not pay Abidal. Is the situation out of context, which is not hard to imagine with newspapers and magazines who thrive on controversy? I don't know. But it sure makes more sense than either Abidal or Barca lying. This is bloody Europe, not some lawless la la land in the middle of nowhere.

If it is proven that Barca are guilty of illegally withholding pay from Abidal, then they deserve some sanctions including being kicked out of the CL. Non paying employees is not something FIFA takes lightly as seen before that Spanish team (forgot the name).

Until then, it is innocent until proven guilty.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:15 pm

:facepalm: Unbelievable..

@loard spencer, yes you can delay payment which is what i think happened in this case.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:20 pm

Adit wrote::facepalm: Unbelievable..

@loard spencer, yes you can delay payment which is what i think happened in this case.
But if you delay payment, you are just going to pay it later anyway. Delaying is different than withholding.

P.S: who is that with Maldini and what is the occasion?
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:

But if you delay payment, you are just going to pay it later anyway. Delaying is different than withholding.

Yep, they have to pay it eventually but Barca clearly arent morally doing it right when they delay player payment during his toughest hurdle in his life.

PS- you dont know him? He is the next Nesta aka Varane. :coffee:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Badamdar Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Nothing is wrong with Rosell. He is way better than Perez who sells his second best player in 3 seconds, hurts his feeling and fans

Judging without knowing a sh..t is childish. How do you know if Laporta is better than Rosell? Do you know that Laporta rapes teen girls? No you dont know. you just start to masturbate reading newspapers

Badamdar
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Adit wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:

Yep, they have to pay it eventually but Barca clearly arent morally doing it right when they delay player payment during his toughest hurdle in his life.

PS- you dont know him? He is the next Nesta aka Varane. :coffee:
I watched him a couple of times. But not enough to recognize his picture.

P.S: you shouldn't label players as the next Nesta, unless you want them to have nightmarish back problems at the end of their short careers Sad
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Badamdar wrote:Nothing is wrong with Rosell. He is way better than Perez who sells his second best player in 3 seconds, hurts his feeling and fans

Judging without knowing a sh..t is childish. How do you know if Laporta is better than Rosell? Do you know that Laporta rapes teen girls? No you dont know. you just start to masturbate reading newspapers
Laporta rapes teen girls???!!! WTF am I reading Laughing
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:28 pm

fletcher gets paid at utd.

that is all.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Badamdar wrote:Nothing is wrong with Rosell. He is way better than Perez who sells his second best player in 3 seconds, hurts his feeling and fans

Abidal:  "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me" - Page 2 X5ODOMZ
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:59 pm

i just read barca, laporta, rape, and teen in the same sentence, someone provides an explanation please.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:03 pm

lol.. what he must have meant that he sleeps with 20 year olds, which is true. But rape.. lol

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:03 pm

This.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:04 pm

apparently a teenger raped laporta while he was choking on a cr7 madrid shirt.. and something about gareth bale

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:22 pm

Abidal is not lying, but his words have been taken waaaay out of context. Abidal was talking about how he doesnt understand the decision to not renew him. And that it cant have been for financial reason seeing as it wasnt the club who were paying him. But he never said that he didnt get payed. Kinda like what is happening with Puyol atm if I have understood the situation correct.

An easy msitake to make seeing as I also got fooled.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Madrid, such a sad bunch, always wrong. Even if they're right, they're wrong. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:53 pm

sportsczy wrote:No bad translation.  I linked the article in French...  the full interview.  He spoke in French so there was no translation.

Question:  Il a malgré tout fallu convaincre Monaco que vous étiez en bonne santé…

Abidal:  Ce qui a été difficile à comprendre, c’est le discours du Barça lors de ma dernière conférence de presse. En affirmant que c’était un choix professionnel, ça a mis le doute aux autres clubs. Ce n’était même pas une histoire d’argent. La preuve, c’est que tous les mois où j’étais malade, le club ne m’a pas payé. Aujourd’hui, j’ai la chance d’avoir la confiance de l’entraîneur et du président de Monaco. Je touche du bois, tout va bien. Mais c’est vrai que j’ai eu une période de doute.
Someone explain to me how this is taken out of context. Laughing

It's like saying the statement "the sky is blue" is taken out of context. He can't be any more clear or direct. There were no qualifiers or any other context involved other than the question and the answer.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Yeah, I have no idea what that means.

But if it's the same as to what you posted in the first page then I will ask you, where does it mentioned that he didn't get payed at all? All he said was that the club itself never paid him, which is true because an insurance company was the one who was paying him. Who btw are also paying Puyols salery at this very moment if I am not wrong..

Last edited by harhar11 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:19 pm

sportsczy wrote:Someone explain to me how this is taken out of context.  Laughing

It's like saying the statement "the sky is blue" is taken out of context.  He can't be any more clear or direct.  There were no qualifiers or any other context involved other than the question and the answer.
No one is blaming this on a mistranslation. He said the club didn't pay him, but that doesn't mean the insurance didn't.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Of course he had medical insurance... It's free in France.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Someone explain to me how this is taken out of context.  Laughing

It's like saying the statement "the sky is blue" is taken out of context.  He can't be any more clear or direct.  There were no qualifiers or any other context involved other than the question and the answer.
No one is blaming this on a mistranslation. He said the club didn't pay him, but that doesn't mean the insurance didn't.
exactly! I even said that Abidal was not lying!

Out of context =/= mistranslation

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next