Highburied
kiranr
aleumdance
halamadrid2
sportsczy
51 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Abidal:  "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me" - Page 4 Empty Re: Abidal: "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me"

Post by barca 2011 Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:55 am

Se7en wrote:Why would Abidal first say it and then take it back?

I don't get it.
Because misinformed people love to immediately jump to conclusions even when they don't have all of the facts that they should. This story sounded like bs from the beginning, and the clarification from Barca only confirmed that. Sometimes you just have to wait and see how solid such a story like this one can really be before you mistake it for fact, and when u don't we get threads like these.

barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Abidal:  "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me" - Page 4 Empty Re: Abidal: "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me"

Post by guest7 Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:09 pm

Sport is French. L'Equipe is a credible french paper.

From what I understood it as, Abidal first said Barca didn't pay him and took it back after Barca contacted him.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:18 pm

Both parties explained that the lines in the paper were NOT correct. Please read the press release from both Abidal and Barca.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Abidal hasn't taken anything back publicly. Barca is saying that they "contacted Abidal's representatives" and are making clarifying statements under "mutual understanding".

I wouldn't really take Barca's word until Abidal comes out and says something himself directly... which won't happen until after the WCQ games are over.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:31 pm

He was misquoted by L'Ecrap.... Madrid fan in desperately trying to make Barca look bad shocker.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:45 pm

How can you be misquoted when the interview video was published and the article was the full transcript without any editorial... how is that even possible? Laughing

Either he made a mistake in his statement or he didn't. He'll have to clarify that himself.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:47 pm

Barca making a statement changes nothing really.. Abidal has to come out and clarify/respond if it was a tongue slip or truth.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:41 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He was misquoted by L'Ecrap.... Madrid fan in desperately trying to make Barca look bad shocker.
nobody has posted anything about Missi donating some of his and his dads money to charity......I mean to something that might have been related to certain tax evasions scratch could you please clarify this Mr secret Barca agent mole Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:52 pm

can you post the link of the video? i will tell which of you is right :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:17 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:can you post the link of the video? i will tell which of you is right :coffee:
 Here's the transcript Nick (http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Abidal-si-guardiola-avait-ete-la/398445).  Video was aired on L'Equipe TV.  It'll be up soon...  It was in 2 parts.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:52 pm

lmao how the hell has this reached 5 pages

a) if abidal wasn't being payed by anybody, it would raise a MASSIVE shitstorm, either back then or now... nevermind this "abidal is not that kind of a guy" nonsense, if he wasn't being paid his agent would have been the shittiest agent in the world

b) barcelona would not release an official statement saying they were in touch with abidal's reps if they weren't, again, if they did they would cause a massive shitstorm with any agent worth a penny

all abidal effectively said was that money wasn't an issue for the club which was, surprise surprise, because insurance was paying him... but no, EVIL BARCELONA RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Barcelona really is a terrible club.

I also like how they cut him soon as he got back to match fitness when he was clearly the best they had in that position.

The thing is, unless you are Catalan, you are always "the help". They dont respect others, and never will. Messi is going to see in a few years. Some young Catalan player will step up, and it will be like he never existed.

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:Barcelona really is a terrible club.

I also like how they cut him soon as he got back to match fitness when he was clearly the best they had in that position.

The thing is, unless you are Catalan, you are always "the help". They dont respect others, and never will. Messi is going to see in a few years. Some young Catalan player will step up, and it will be like he never existed.
Cesc is basically seen as ''the help'' and he's catalan.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:22 pm

yeah, kind of agree with che here, even without reading the full interview or watching the video, seems to me like Abidal is the one that made a mistake. That an elite club like barcelona didnt pay a player like Abidal while he was out injured is ridiculous, and when it happened, it would have raise some kind of shitstorm.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:26 pm

Im (somewhat) stunned as to why people still think this is true.

By now you should of already admitted you jumped the gun and was wrong. An apology isnt needed but clearly an admission of getting ahead of yourself.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:31 pm

That's not what say happened though... the rumor is that Abidal agreed to take little to no wage with the understanding that, if healthy, he would get a 1-year extension to prove himself.

Abidal felt that Barca reneged on that handshake deal and made it seem like he wasn't healthy to cover themselves...

So it's not that they did anything illegal... but it is about Barca's management being shady.

Anyhow, he'll comment soon. NT game coming up is too important right now for him to create a distraction.... it'll come out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:35 pm

Like 1991 said, Cesc is seen as "the help", as was Oleguer, Bojan nor is Alba the most popular player in the squad etc.

But no, keep on being delusional and belive in an quote taken out of context and ignore every good thing that Abidal says about Barça. Heck, you do know that when Abidal retires, he is going to go back and work at Barca, right? If the club is such a terrible club, then why is he returning?

sportsczy wrote:That's not what say happened though... the rumor is that Abidal agreed to take little to no wage with the understanding that, if healthy, he would get a 1-year extension to prove himself.
No such rumor has been reported in Spain..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:38 pm

Abidal is currently in France, not Spain. He's not talking to anyone in Spain anymore. So everything coming from him is going to be reported in France. You'll only hear Barca's version in Spain.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:40 pm

But when that deal was "supposedly" agreed on, he was in Barcelona.

Yes, cause Marca and As will only report the version that makes Barca look good :facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:43 pm

Genius... he's talking about it now, not back then.  Why would he call someone in Spain to talk about it?  He's French and living in France.  Plenty of media here to carry the story lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:47 pm

You don't think that the media in Spain would have found out about that deal? I mean, there was a reported in Punto Pelota that found out that Valdes wanted to leave Barca before even Zubi knew..

Plus, Barca not renewing Abidals contract was big talk in Spain, especially after Zubi had promised him a new contract as soon as he was ready to play. So don't you think that knowing everything about the situation was a priority?

Last edited by harhar11 on Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:50 pm

He's talking to the media he's comfortable with.... in France.  It was a face-to-face interview in French.  He was doing it because he's on NT and it's a very good "feel good" story for him to have made it back.  He wasn't out to get Barca in any way.  I think he was just upset at Rosell and the reporter asking him about what he went through... it just spilled out.

He even said in the interview that, if Guardiola was still there, Pep would have never let this happen.

He's hardly calling out Barca as an institution... just calling out Rosell.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:He's talking to the media he's comfortable with.... in France.  It was a face-to-face interview in French.  He was doing it because he's on NT and it's a very good "feel good" story.  He wasn't out to get Barca in any way.  I think he's just upset at Rosell.

He even said in the interview that, if Guardiola was still there, Pep would have never let this happen.

He's hardly calling out Barca as an institution... just calling out Rosell.
Maybe you are referring to another article because the one that you posted in the thread.....

All he said was that he doesn't understand why Barca didn't renew his contract and that the reason can't have been for financial reason, because it wasn't costing the club a cent. But he at no point said that he was never paid..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:58 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Abidal-si-guardiola-avait-ete-la/398445

Question: Il a malgré tout fallu convaincre Monaco que vous étiez en bonne santé…

Abidal: Ce qui a été difficile à comprendre, c’est le discours du Barça lors de ma dernière conférence de presse. En affirmant que c’était un choix professionnel, ça a mis le doute aux autres clubs. Ce n’était même pas une histoire d’argent. La preuve, c’est que tous les mois où j’étais malade, le club ne m’a pas payé. Aujourd’hui, j’ai la chance d’avoir la confiance de l’entraîneur et du président de Monaco. Je touche du bois, tout va bien. Mais c’est vrai que j’ai eu une période de doute.
Direct translation of bolded part:  "It wasn't even a money issue.  The proof is that during the months that i was sick, the club didn't pay me."

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:01 pm

1991 wrote:

Cesc is probably the most un-charismatic player at that club though. His own mother probably wouldnt rally around him.

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
1991 wrote:

Cesc is probably the most un-charismatic player at that club though. His own mother probably wouldnt rally around him.
Guardiola then? Loved by all fans, is charismatic and was an icon of the club and yet when he wasn't good enough for Barca he was sold..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next