halamadrid2
Tomwin Lannister
Gil
110 posters

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Karim Benzema - Page 38 Empty Re: Karim Benzema

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:46 pm

my bad then, but it was common excuse used in higs defence from his fanboys, the sack carlo thread wasn't necessarily directed at you since zeal was the one who started it for obvious reasons

the point is if you guys don't rate benzema its cool, my problem as always been the need to make it look like he is a fault for everything, midfield suck benz fault,defense leaking goals benz fault, cr flopping and shooting like a maniac benz fault, as long as the team is bad benzema has to be the problem some how, and when the team is doing well he get treated like a non factor,that lucky to be there, again i have seen players do less(ozil) and get treated like a goat regularly, until he left that is, all based on hype and not performances

Last edited by chad4401 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:52 pm

I'll say this... Benz is not one who starts seasons well. My beef with him is that he usually starts very slow and then picks up steam. Peeps get frustrated and then he catches fire around the turn of the year.

This season (and the one where he scored 32) are the only ones where he's caught form so early on, which would indicate that he's going to have huge year.

He's perfect by no means. The fact that he's so reserved and non-emotional makes it hard for people to love him. But he's one of the best and there's no doubt about that anymore. Still only 26 too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:55 pm

thimmy you guys are not provoking me rofl, how can you when the simplest miss is being treated like its the end of the world, i say shut up cause its obvious and annoying, especially after being *bleep* quiet when cr just missed a sitter
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:02 pm

chad4401 wrote:thimmy what about lyon game? bvb? mancity?barca? higs got chances to cement his place as starter multiple times, and he straight up flopped all of those games.

Yeah, he was consistently useless against strong teams, for the most part. Even in the supercup where he scored against Barca, he was mostly anonymous. I believe a major reason why people wanted to keep him, was probably because they really wanted him to be the next Raúl. Very few players at Madrid have been as popular as Higuaín was.

- Well, I think I'm entitled to criticise him every once in a while, after all the crap I went through back when hardly anyone else sided with me about keeping Benzema Razz

Last edited by Thimmy on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:05 pm

good lord...  you really believe what you're saying thimmy.  So his away goal at Lyon was useless.  His goal against Barca in supercup was useless as was his assist in that game.  His double against Barca was useless.  His 5 goals in Bernabeu against Barca and his 2 at Barcelona were all useless.  Heck, his opening goal against Atleti last season was usless.  City, Bayern , Dortmund, Liverpool, etc.  All useless.

Higuain was more useful not scoring in big games Laughing

I didn't know you were such a hater.   I know now.  No need to respond.  My interest in this discussion has ended.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:good lord...  you really believe what you're saying thimmy.  So his away goal at Lyon was useless.  His goal against Barca in supercup was useless as was his assist in that game.  His double against Barca was useless.  His 5 goals in Bernabeu against Barca and his 2 at Barcelona were all useless.  Heck, his opening goal against Atleti last season was usless.  City, Bayern , Dortmund, Liverpool, etc.  All useless.

Higuain was more useful not scoring in big games Laughing

I didn't know you were such a hater.   I know now.  No need to respond.  My interest in this discussion has ended.

I don't even know what you're talking about, anymore.

Edit: As usual, you're only reading what you want to read. I was talking about Higuaín, not Benzema.

Last edited by Thimmy on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:09 pm

thank you thimmy, i dont even dislike higuain since i have supported madrid before i even knew about benzema, but he had his faults too, but you know due to his popularity, benzema had a harder time fitting in with the fans, cause they wanted higs to start for starting sakes, and was very patient with him the lyon game proved that
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:09 pm

Problem with Higuain was he was a good goalscorer, but he never turned up in the big games. Benzema scored in the big games, but he wasn't exactly a pure goalscorer like Falcao/Cavani, something we wanted at the time.

That doesn't really matter now, since we've now shown we can win the CL without a pure goalscorer. Benzema would certainly score more though, if he was the focal point of a team.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:14 pm

i never got this pure scorer thing, tbh as long as the team create clear cut chances for him he shoots, even if it 10 shots he will shoot, cr is the pure goal scorer on the team, you can't have a team filled with pure goal scorers, someone has to sacrifice something

im pretty sure that cr and higs partnership sucked

Last edited by chad4401 on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Problem with Higuain was he was a good goalscorer, but he never turned up in the big games. Benzema scored in the big games, but he wasn't exactly a pure goalscorer like Falcao/Cavani, something we wanted at the time.

That doesn't really matter now, since we've now shown we can win the CL without a pure goalscorer. Benzema would certainly score more though, if he was the focal point of a team.

Like you said, we don't need a pure goalscorer. Benzema is in great form, and he's an integral part of the team, whether he scores or just provides. His confidence and consistency hasn't been this good since he played for Lyon.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Thimmy wrote:
chad4401 wrote:thimmy what about lyon game? bvb? mancity?barca? higs got chances to cement his place as starter multiple times, and he straight up flopped all of those games.

Yeah, he was consistently useless against strong teams, for the most part. Even in the supercup where he scored against Barca, he was mostly anonymous. I believe a major reason why people wanted to keep him, was probably because they really wanted him to be the next Raúl. Very few players at Madrid have been as popular as Higuaín was.

- Well, I think I'm entitled to criticise him every once in a while, after all the crap I went through back when hardly anyone else sided with me about keeping Benzema Razz

Oh c'mon, I never was a Benzema fanboy, and I liked Higs more than Benz in the early years, but in the big games, Benz was always one of our biggest performers for a very long time. He was the only one I believe in before every classico.

And, even though I liked Higs, imho, he was loved because he was the best out of a very awful group for a very long time. Playing alongside the Fauberts, Vaarts, Emersons, Drenethe, Heinze, Saviola, Miguel Torres (as a winger *shivers*), Baptista and mother e****n Balboa, can really make you shine quite easily if you're a decent player.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Kuru wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Oh c'mon, I never was a Benzema fanboy, and I liked Higs more than Benz in the early years, but in the big games, Benz was always one of our biggest performers for a very long time. He was the only one I believe in before every classico.

And, even though I liked Higs, imho, he was loved because he was the best out of a very awful group for a very long time. Playing alongside the Fauberts, Vaarts, Emersons, Drenethe, Heinze, Saviola, Miguel Torres (as a winger *shivers*), Baptista and mother e****n Balboa, can really make you shine quite easily if you're a decent player.

damn i remember that team, heinze was so awful i used to get happy when he got injured; if he didn't cause us to concede, he would foul a player that would lead to us conceding from that free kick....lol faubert who was sleeping during a game, its amazing we won the league that year, the calderon-schuster days....as far as the benzema higuain debate goes (it should be ended by now), what hampered both was the rotation under moourinho, i didn't like benz cos he blew hot and cold, due to not playing consistently, most fans liked higs cos of his escapades when he first joined with those late goals, but his lack of product in big games was disgusting. and yeah benz ability to understand the role cristiano plays has helped him and the team...ronaldo and higuain's partnership was always a bit testy, its almost like there were tensions between the two...who can forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58w9Lkses10

altho ron would give him an assist later, and that play was cristiano's fault, but benzema's understanding of his role and the frontline means such is avoided....both good players, but higs has left, time we move on....its not like benz is playing like shit, there's no reason to insult him, and there's no reason to constantly defend him at every turn, let his football do the talking and let's be happy the team is winning, that's what matters most, not 1 individual player, whether its benz, casillas, cristiano, ramos or whoever. Team First
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:38 pm

tito higs never blew hot and cold?, again with the exaggerating because as you said you never liked him(your a higs fanboy), that why i dismissed your posts, you even said rotation hampered both, but still have a problem with consistency? like higs was consistent rofl, stop trying to sound smart, while contradicting yourself
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Oh btw how was lewa today? superior?.... hype rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 pm

not saying any names but the man crush on this thread is a tad weird
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Am I the only one that remembers Thimmy being one of the few pro Benzema posters RM had on this forum? Back then, Nick was pro Higgy until he got fed up of his sh1t. Was actually really fun at the time arguing with Sport, Turok the dinosaur hunter and Babs.

Now, it does look like a serious man crush taking place. The sensitivity is unreal and kinda worrying.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:20 am

Sports going on a rage because he couldn't Read Thimmy's post well rofl
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:18 am

titosantill wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58w9Lkses10

rofl most selfish play in the history of football

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:54 am

LeSwagg James wrote:

Like Higuain would've scored hmm

Would just end up like this tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNYAYR35AXM
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:36 am

Freeza wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:

Like Higuain would've scored hmm

Would just end up like this tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNYAYR35AXM

He was a lot closer there, but him scoring or not isn't the issue bruh..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:43 am

pls just leave higuain alone.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:38 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Sports going on a rage because he couldn't Read Thimmy's post well rofl
I stopped reading long posts except for a very select few. Just don't have the time for them...  sometimes, it bites me in the arse (like this time Laughing).  But more often than not, it just saves time.  Most peeps say what they need to in the first 4-5 lines and the rest is dribble.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:23 pm

I for one, am entirely ready to eat my words for all the hate I've thrown Benzema's way. Aside from all that has been discussed recently, I think what I value most in his play, as many of us do, is his contribution to build up and link up play. He really is the perfect striker to partner the lethal Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of the day. Strikers more focused on hovering around the goal like Higuain will consistently get in Ronaldo's way. Given Ronaldo's relatively free role on our team, where he can switch to any side he likes, or just sit in the middle of the oppositions half, Benzema is the perfect partner in crime due to his technically gifted game. It's really a brilliant system that Carlo has developed for all of our players to flourish in, a lot of it clearly thanks to a very hard working midfield.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:54 pm

that's all you can do. I'm getting ready to eat my words on Ronaldo too if he keeps trying to play a team game. Is he awkward at it? Sure. But it will come. If Ronaldo plays the team game like he's showing, we're on the verge of a dynasty. Everybody will work hard and run hard because they know that their teammate will try to make the right play.

Crazy part is that Ronaldo's stats haven't even gotten hurt... he's just more efficient. He's scored 21 goals on exactly 80 shots. That's lethal! Normally, he needs 120-130 shots to reach the 20 goal mark. But he's trusting his teammates now and sees how it makes him look even better.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:54 pm

One of the reasons benz is my fav player cuz he creates his own dimention to the team gamplay, a very strong dimention that almost every player will get better player by playing in the same team / attack.

I think even another striker like saurez or even higuain will produce the same domeniont and distructive attack if partnered with benz as front two.

Sometimes i think C.Ronaldo is very lucky to have the big benz by his side and he knows it.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Kareem has basically outlived all his hators. He keeps using barcelona as toilet paper and the champions league as the cup he drinks the champaigne of kings from, there is no need to doubt this man who has made poyol look like a stumbling jugler, one of the main reasons poyol retires actualy.

@ supermag, i agree, benzema creatas dimension of destruction and disper for oponents.
Jonesy
Jonesy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next