ExtremistEnigma
iftikhar
Art Morte
22 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Swansea v Liverpool - Page 5 Empty Re: Swansea v Liverpool

Post by sportsczy Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:46 pm

Sakho being able to play fullback is a myth. He can't. He only did it in an emergency situation when he was 18 for PSG... he had about 10-15kg less muscle back then lol. Not enough speed. You'd basically be playing a 3 CB set... which is not the worse idea in the world given the CB depth at Liverpool btw.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:53 pm

We haven't been creating enough chances so far and it's a fair point that our both goals last night came from blatant errors by the handsome Jonjo, but as long as Coutinho isn't out for too long and with Suarez coming back and Moses gaining match fitness, I'm not too worried about that.

A three CB system looks enticing on paper but so far there are no signs of Rodgers entertaining the idea, so, bleh.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

For the record Agger is comfortably better than both Sakho and Skrtel. Notice how Skrtel - Carra was poor but Skrtel - Agger was very good? Also how Carra - Agger was much more solid than Skrtel - Carra? That's no coincidence.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:18 am

We'll be in title contention maybe upto November- December start then we'll start dropping down the table, But then we have the Jan window to improve.

Im very optimistic about this season tbh.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:21 am

AG86 wrote:I thought you guys did well to hang on to a draw last night, do you reckon you have the strength to keep up this form and maintain a title challenge?
Title challenge isn't a realistic target, if you ask me. Our objective is to gain CL qualification and even for that we have to improve by (around) 10 points over last season. Yes, we made a good (not great, mind it) start and I for one expect us to keep the run going.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:59 am

El Jefe wrote:For the record Agger is comfortably better than both Sakho and Skrtel. Notice how Skrtel - Carra was poor but Skrtel - Agger was very good? Also how Carra - Agger was much more solid than Skrtel - Carra? That's no coincidence.
Seems like I'm the only preacher these days. You don't notice something until it's gone. Couldn't agree more.

-----------------------------------------------------------
EDIT Months Later

Swansea v Liverpool - Page 5 IR4s8MPbaMNph

Swansea v Liverpool - Page 5 Ib10uA0LV6pJxL

Their goals
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by McAgger on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:20 am

El Jefe wrote:For the record Agger is comfortably better than both Sakho and Skrtel. Notice how Skrtel - Carra was poor but Skrtel - Agger was very good? Also how Carra - Agger was much more solid than Skrtel - Carra? That's no coincidence.
lose Sami Hyypia we been poor in Centre back as he made every one look good as was a step up from the rest,

we wont miss Carragher when Sakho gains match fitness, as got the tools to be a top player
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:56 pm

iftikhar wrote:
AG86 wrote:I thought you guys did well to hang on to a draw last night, do you reckon you have the strength to keep up this form and maintain a title challenge?
Title challenge isn't a realistic target, if you ask me. Our objective is to gain CL qualification and even for that we have to improve by (around) 10 points over last season. Yes, we made a good (not great, mind it) start and I for one expect us to keep the run going.
10 points from 12 in matches that saw us take 5 points last season. We were a single goal/incident away from a perfect record straight out of the blocks. What, pray-tell, is a "great" start?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:27 pm

McAgger wrote:
Seems like I'm the only preacher these days. You don't notice something until it's gone. Couldn't agree more.
I had a note saved on my laptop with the statistics for shots and goals conceded with and without Agger. It made it so so obvious how much he improves us, deleted it literally 2 days ago. Just because he's not big and aggressive, people think he's not great defensively.

3 clean sheets in the league from 3 matches and then 2 conceded as soon as he doesn't play, obviously not the only reason but I don't understand why people don't see the trend.

vegfootball wrote:
lose Sami Hyypia we been poor in Centre back as he made every one look good as was a step up from the rest,

we wont miss Carragher when Sakho gains match fitness, as got the tools to be a top player
I never said we will miss Carragher and I'm not doubting Sakho's potential. I'm saying Agger is better than any other centre back at the club. By a mile.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:35 am

Agger has not been himself for the last 18 months. I'm sure if you'd ask him he'd say the exact same thing.

I'm also sure you'd get people arguing Sakho is already the better defender too. Agger is either in very bad form or on the decline.

Carra Agger was only more solid last year, even then the defence was still very very average especially in the air. Carra Skrtel in 08/09 was A LOT more solid.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:05 pm

You'd get people arguing a lot of things. It doesn't make them right.

And Skrtel and Carra in 08/09, not only was that 5 years ago, they also had a world class keeper, defensively solid full backs and a world class DM. Those positions are now weaker and Skrtel and Carra noticeably dropped off unless Agger was there.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5