Post by Ganso on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:24 pm

Fred>>>>>

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Re: Diego Costa

Post by vanDEEZ on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:31 pm

goes back to the jillion debates there have been on the topic but i just dont see how people can equate birth place to home. thats not always the case.

1. you dont necessarily grow up in your birth country
2. you dont necessarily have the same heritage as your birth country
3. you dont necessarily call your birth country 'home'

and we can be real for a moment, these factors arent always what motivate a footballer to play for a certain country, but thats what i optimistically 'like' to think, which is a player will play for the country he most calls home and that national pride trumps personal gain.
vanDEEZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:39 pm

As I said before in this thread, im sometimes open to these type of situations, but what made me 100% against this is that the guy played a game with us a few MONTHS ago, which means he is a complete asshole and doesnt feel spanish, hes just a gloryhunting jerk.Hope he plays in the WC, he will have some ridiculous pressure on him and will hopefully flop.
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:49 pm

Brazilian Football Association (CBF) chief Jose Maria Marin has declared that he will "fight to the end" for Diego Costa, after the Atletico Madrid star formally declared for Spain.

The 25-year-old Brazil-born striker has already represented the Selecao at international level, but both of the games he appeared in were friendlies.

Consequently, after receiving Spanish citizenship in July, Costa is now eligible to represent la Roja, which, it was revealed on Wednesday, the attacker fully intends to do.

Brazil have responded to the news by cancelling the player's call-up for the upcoming friendlies against Honduras and Chile, but CBF president Marin is pushing to stop Costa from representing the country he wishes to.

"From now on we'll deal about this with our legal department," he told reporters. "But Brazil will fight to the end to have the player playing for Brazil.

"We've been in direct contact with the president of the Spanish Football Association (RFEF), we told them our wishes, our disposition.

"We have a very good relationship with the RFEF. We'll fight to the last instance.

"The final word, of course, will be the player's. It seems to me that he has already decided, but that doesn't end the story.

"Within what is right in the sporting regulations, Brazil will go all the way and fight."

However, Brazil technical director Carlos Alberto Parreira feels that it would be a mistake to go against the wishes of the player.

"I'm not against the CBF's position - I was totally favourable to the CBF," he explained. "But if he says he wants to play for the Spanish team, I think we need to consider this case closed.

"We'll be going against what the player wants otherwise."

Costa has been in sensational goalscoring for los Rojiblancos this season, netting 13 goals in 13 games in all competitions.

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by AnchorMan on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:51 pm

Can't BLame Him Really... Scolari Called Up Scrubs like Jo ahead of Him. And also, Scolari Wouldn't Have Called Him Up Had Spain not Opted for Him. He's Only Being Called Up by Brazil so He Doesn't Get To PLay For Spain. Not Enough Respect imo
AnchorMan
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Chivas

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:00 am

M99 wrote:Brazilian Football Association (CBF) chief Jose Maria Marin has declared that he will "fight to the end" for Diego Costa, after the Atletico Madrid star formally declared for Spain.

The 25-year-old Brazil-born striker has already represented the Selecao at international level, but both of the games he appeared in were friendlies.

Consequently, after receiving Spanish citizenship in July, Costa is now eligible to represent la Roja, which, it was revealed on Wednesday, the attacker fully intends to do.

Brazil have responded to the news by cancelling the player's call-up for the upcoming friendlies against Honduras and Chile, but CBF president Marin is pushing to stop Costa from representing the country he wishes to.

"From now on we'll deal about this with our legal department," he told reporters. "But Brazil will fight to the end to have the player playing for Brazil.

"We've been in direct contact with the president of the Spanish Football Association (RFEF), we told them our wishes, our disposition.

"We have a very good relationship with the RFEF. We'll fight to the last instance.

"The final word, of course, will be the player's. It seems to me that he has already decided, but that doesn't end the story.

"Within what is right in the sporting regulations, Brazil will go all the way and fight."

However, Brazil technical director Carlos Alberto Parreira feels that it would be a mistake to go against the wishes of the player.

"I'm not against the CBF's position - I was totally favourable to the CBF," he explained. "But if he says he wants to play for the Spanish team, I think we need to consider this case closed.

"We'll be going against what the player wants otherwise."

Costa has been in sensational goalscoring for los Rojiblancos this season, netting 13 goals in 13 games in all competitions.
Brazil should just let it go, it's not like they are in desperate need for strikers.

Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:29 am

Hawky wrote:Why all the fuss?

Camoranesi, Pepe, Deco, Senna all spring to mind and could have all comfortably secured a place in their native country's NT, yet opted otherwise. Hell, Camoranesi even won the World Cup with Italy.

The stupid thing is FIFA's rule - I was 100 % certain that once a player is capped for a national side, he cannot switch it, friendly or competitive match.

Diego Costa is now trolling Scolari, I'm not sure he would be a starter for Spain. Also, if he only plays a friendly for Spain, can he then be called up by Brazil for the World Cup? :coffee: 
It's not the first time this has happened though. Jermaine Jones switch his allegiances and how many national sides did Puskas and Di Stefano play for? Laughing

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:24 am

will be interesting to see him play for Spain, can't wait.
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Toronto

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:58 am

Why are Brazil respecting this guy so much? He said he doesn't wanna play.. just let him buzz off. They're letting themselves down by making him look like a bigger individual than he is.
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 pm

No, they are making sure they go out with a bang.
Since he's played with Brazil already a few months ago they are trying to make sure that he can't even play for Spain.
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Personally the country of your birth or the country you were bred in should always take priority.

If your birth country wants you to play for them as well as adopted country there should be a rule which states you have to play for said birth country.

If the birth country don't get involved then ok.

Maybe i'm looking at it in too narrow way and bit too old fashioned.... bit this seems ridiculous to me.
Jack Wlshere likes this http://r28.imgfast.net/users/3313/22/97/24/smiles/2859867778.gif
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Don't call me James on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:21 pm

I hope Brazil do fight this and win the fight. And when Costa is finally capped as a Brazil player then never ever call him up again. Sweet victory that would be.

Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron on Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Why do Spain want him ? , he is not better than what they have. It would be funny if he chose Spain and ended up on the bench during the entire tournament.
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Personally the country of your birth or the country you were bred in should always take priority.

If your birth country wants you to play for them as well as adopted country there should be a rule which states you have to play for said birth country.
And if you don't WANT to play for the country you where born in? Why is it so hard for some to let an individual decide what he wants to do himself. We don't need rules to tell you which country you have to play for. Choose it yourself and if they accept you that's it.
I can understand that people don't like the point about friendlies though tbh.

McAgger wrote:I hope Brazil do fight this and win the fight. And when Costa is finally capped as a Brazil player then never ever call him up again. Sweet victory that would be.
And why would he play for them? Do you think they can make him play for them?
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:14 pm

"If I had to chose between Spain and Brazil I would chose Brazil.there is no way I could say no to the Brazilian NT"-Diego Costa March 7th
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:21 pm

What a *bleep*. I think both national teams should drop him.

First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.tk

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskimo Splif on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:09 am

Either way, I hope he's at The World Cup next year, he's class.
Eskimo Splif
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:58 pm

He's not the only player in that situation. Why is he getting so much hate ?
From Spanish and Bazilians i can't understand but from neutral ?

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:05 pm

Diego Costa is one player who is very VERY easy to hate....
Kinda like Van Bommel
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:16 pm

so is Pepe.. I don't see people making a big deal of him.
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:16 pm

I disagree a lot of people hate Pepe and always make a big deal about him.

"I pass and I move, I help you, I look for you, I stop, I raise my head, I look and, above all, I open up the pitch...The one who has the ball, is the master of the game...That's the school of Joan Vilà, of Albert Benaiges, of Johan Cruijff, of Pep Guardiola" - Xavi

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:56 pm

not about his choice for playing for Portugal though, maybe on his steroids rage.
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:17 am

Pepe had never worn a Brazil shirt though.
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois on Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:56 am

Taht hate is getting behond ridiculous. I heard that CBF wanted to remove his nationality now.

First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts on Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:03 am

but who really gives a damn? Like what are people here blowing it out of proportion.
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:08 am

He played two matches for Brazil FFS.

Invisible Smilies 2012. Join the campaign.

M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top