vegfootball
DeletedUser#1
13 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Gerrard-Lucas Partnership - Page 5 Empty Re: Gerrard-Lucas Partnership

Post by McAgger Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:35 am

lol at Tiote. Spearing would be better ha

I'm a big fan of Nainggolan, I think he's exactly what we're looking for in midfield as he's very similar to Vidal/Gundogan. Plus he plays for Cagliari, doubt he'd be very expensive.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:46 pm

McAgger wrote:lol at Tiote. Spearing would be better ha

I'm a big fan of Nainggolan, I think he's exactly what we're looking for in midfield as he's very similar to Vidal/Gundogan. Plus he plays for Cagliari, doubt he'd be very expensive.
i know Tiote not top class but in the squad we have not got a pace/power defensive midfielder, now not got a load money why not ?

as for Radja Nainggolan i know he a good player but we lack height as well pace/power in midfield
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:01 pm

what about Honda. He surely has not moved to Milan I guess. :hmm:I think we can surely tap him from right under the noses of Milan.
as I have seen him in Confederations cup, I was damn impressed. Any idea how he is doing currently.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:21 pm

Tiote is poor. We need to be improving on what we have.

El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:44 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:what about Honda. He surely has not moved to Milan I guess. :hmm:I think we can surely tap him from right under the noses of Milan.
as I have seen him in Confederations cup, I was damn impressed. Any idea how he is doing currently.
Honda will be a good signing.. Iniesta-esque player. Will be free in January and will boost merchandising in Asia a LOT given our fanbase. But the problem is there will be many suitors in the market. If I recall correctly, BR said in a recent interview that we will be active in January window. Let's see. Anyways he won't take Gerrard or Lucas' position.. it will be Hendo's.

Milan is out of the question since they got Kaka.

P.S. Now that I think of it, Liverpool will be his optimum destination. He'll be starting week in, week out for us.. no other club better than us can offer that.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:01 pm

El Jefe wrote:Tiote is poor. We need to be improving on what we have.

Like I said I know Tiote isn't top-class but he's got something will we haven't got in the squad, power, pace, athletics, and the fact that we need for the first-team creative central midfielder then why not buy a stop what will give us what we haven't got right now
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 pm

We missed out in the summer on both central midfielders who would have taken us to a whole new level Kevin Strootman & Victor Wanyama

Both those players are needed and that type of calibre of players we should be looking to add to our first-team
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:38 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:what about Honda. He surely has not moved to Milan I guess. :hmm:I think we can surely tap him from right under the noses of Milan.
Honda will be a good signing.. Iniesta-esque player. Will be free in January and will boost merchandising in Asia a LOT given our fanbase. But the problem is there will be many suitors in the market. If I recall correctly, BR said in a recent interview that we will be active in January window. Let's see. Anyways he won't take Gerrard or Lucas' position.. it will be Hendo's.

P.S. Now that I think of it, Liverpool will be his optimum destination. He'll be starting week in, week out for us.. no other club better than us can offer that.
Honda is average. We could do so much better. And if we continue to play 3412 there's no place for him.

vegfootball wrote:

Like I said I know Tiote isn't top-class but he's got something will we haven't got in the squad, power, pace, athletics, and the fact that we need for the first-team creative central midfielder then why not buy a stop what will give us what we haven't got right now
There should be plenty of better layers available though. The likes of Matuidi and Fernando are in the last year of their contracts, we should be looking at them.

vegfootball wrote:We missed out in the summer on both central midfielders who would have taken us to a whole new level Kevin Strootman & Victor Wanyama

Both those players are needed and that type of calibre of players we should be looking to add to our first-team
I was crying out for Wanyama all summer before Southampton got him. So much better than Lucas.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:15 pm

El Jefe wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Honda is average. We could do so much better. And if we continue to play 3412 there's no place for him.

vegfootball wrote:

There should be plenty of better layers available though. The likes of Matuidi and Fernando are in the last year of their contracts, we should be looking at them.

vegfootball wrote:We missed out in the summer on both central midfielders who would have taken us to a whole new level Kevin Strootman & Victor Wanyama

I was crying out for Wanyama all summer before Southampton got him. So much better than Lucas.
i know we need better than Cheik Tioté in first-team but as a squad player he adds to it because we've got no one like him in the squad, and the fact that we need a very top top first-team central midfield player can't see us adding both in January,

hence why I was thinking of alternative squad players we could buy fairly cheap who would add to the squad while we're looking to improve the first-team,

Anyway the dream of not seeing Lucas could come true as strong rumours that the Brazilian will be sold in January
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Tiote hasn't got a football brain to speak about, I don't want him anywhere near Anfield and luckily that's very unrealistic anyway.

That said, I'll repeat myself that if we get a CM in January I think it will be from the stop-gap drawer rather than the dream drawer, i.e. someone like Diame rather than Bender.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Art Morte wrote:Tiote hasn't got a football brain to speak about, I don't want him anywhere near Anfield and luckily that's very unrealistic anyway.

That said, I'll repeat myself that if we get a CM in January I think it will be from the stop-gap drawer rather than the dream drawer, i.e. someone like Diame rather than Bender.
Tiote & Diame are same type of player ever one would ok as stop gap
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:14 am

All this talk about technical midfielders what we need is

Coutinho,Suárez and one other should be our main creative spark

Then a deep playmaker either Lucas/ Stevie G/Allen

Then we need the bruiser player who will put his foot through it, the physical presence who can just quickly win the ball for the more technical players, very similar to the layout of 2008
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:19 pm

There's no need to be looking at crap like Tiote and Diame. Plenty of better players for reasonable prices.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:32 pm

Art Morte wrote:Tiote hasn't got a football brain to speak about, I don't want him anywhere near Anfield and luckily that's very unrealistic anyway.

Why ???

Do you want us to keep linguishing in 7th 8th positions then ??

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:

Why ???

Clubs are reluctant to sell their best players in the middle of the season. Like Bender, no way we can get him in January. In the summer, maybe. I can't think of many top CMs who'd be even semi-available in January. Khedira?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:37 pm

I would definitely like a free player like Honda to come to us who has not performed bad in champions league with a team like CSKA . I still remember his impressive performance against italy, he will make a good combination with coutinho

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:54 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:

Why ???

Clubs are reluctant to sell their best players in the middle of the season. Like Bender, no way we can get him in January. In the summer, maybe. I can't think of many top CMs who'd be even semi-available in January. Khedira?
We signed Agger, Mascherano and Suarez in January.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:58 pm

And Skrtel, and Coutinho, and Sturridge
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Yet most of them came from financially weak clubs or were out of favour at their clubs. Gimme some names of CMs you think we could get in January?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:51 am

Lucas eager to realise World Cup dream after Brazil recall

Reds star back in national team squad for first time since injury nightmare

Liverpool FC midfielder Lucas Leiva is determined to grasp the opportunity to realise his World Cup dream.

The 26-year-old has been recalled to the Brazil squad for their upcoming friendlies against South Korea and Zambia.

Lucas hasn’t added to his 20 caps since he ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament at Stamford Bridge two years ago.

Now having finally battled his way back into the national set-up, he’s on a mission to impress boss Luiz Felipe Scolari.

“It means so much to be involved again with Brazil,” Lucas told the ECHO.

“It’s the chance that I’ve wanted. It’s the chance I’ve been looking for ever since I got back from my knee injury.

“I know I will be tested over these friendly games but it’s up to me now. I have to ensure that if I play I produce good performances in those two games.

“But it’s not just about the matches, even in training sessions and off the pitch when I am around the squad I have to be a good person and be involved with the group.

“I have really missed the atmosphere of being around the national team. Playing for my country means a lot to me and I am really looking forward to experiencing that again.

“Hopefully I can do a good job. It’s not long now until the World Cup and there aren’t many international games left before it.”

Lucas, who made his Brazil debut against Algeria in 2007 but was overlooked for the 2010 World Cup, will link up with the squad in Seoul next week.

Scolari’s men play South Korea on October 12 before flying to Beijing to face Zambia three days later.

Lucas had to sit and watch this summer when his nation clinched the Confederations Cup and he doesn’t want to be a spectator once again when Brazil host the World Cup for the first time in 64 years.

“It’s been my dream to play for Brazil in the World Cup in my country,” he added.

“For all Brazilian players, that will be enormous. It’s going to be very special and I’d love to be part of it.

“It’s always difficult to be in the squad as there are so many players competing for those places. But I’m back in there now and I need to try to convince the manager that I am able to make the group for the World Cup.”

Lucas will be fresh for international duty as he sits out Liverpool’s home clash with Crystal Palace on Saturday due to a one-match suspension after picking up five bookings.

The midfielder is confident that in his absence Brendan Rodgers’ side will build on last weekend’s 3-1 victory at Sunderland.

His optimism is fuelled by the form of Luis Suarez , who bagged a double on his return to Premier League action against the Black Cats.

“Luis was the best player in the Premier League last year, so having him in our side again this season is just a real boost for all the team and the squad,” Lucas said. “He’s really happy to be back. He’s always been training with us, but now he’s available to help us in the games it will be much better.

“He’s a fighter and he will do everything he can to help the team, just as he did last year and the season before. He just wants to help his team-mates because he has a really good relationship with everyone here at Melwood.

“We just hope he can have the same season that he had last year because he was a really important player for us.

“The squad that we had without him was a good one, but with him back in it, we’ll be even better. He’s one of the best in the world.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-midfielder-lucas-leiva-6130028
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:53 am

Napoli are expected to continue their pursuit of Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel in January, with the latest reports indicating they will also look to move for midfielder Lucas Leiva.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-rumour-mill-6124811
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:01 am

Art Morte wrote:Yet most of them came from financially weak clubs or were out of favour at their clubs. Gimme some names of CMs you think we could get in January?
top of my head Paulo Henrique Ganso,Alan Dzagoev,Clément Grenier
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:27 am

None of them CM's mate. And none that would make our first team any better.

I'll name a few who will actually have a chance of signing and will actually improve us. Obviously they won't be the best/most prestigious choice but is probably the best we can do.

So I was thinking more along the lines of Nainggolan, Lars Bender (impossible in Jan), Hernanes (almost impossible in Jan, also WC at CM/very good AM), Bradley, Rakitic, Obiang. I want to say Schneiderlin as well but I don't think he'll improve the first team at all. Matic from Benfica is my personal favorite, but he'll be super expensive.

If we're thinking a bit more attack minded yet still a CM, Pjanic and Kovacic but both will be pretty tough to get. Also Perisic comes to mind, exact duplicate to Mkh I think.

There are obviously more that I just can't think of right now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:47 am

McAgger wrote:None of them CM's mate. And none that would make our first team any better.

I'll name a few who will actually have a chance of signing and will actually improve us. Obviously they won't be the best/most prestigious choice but is probably the best we can do.

So I was thinking more along the lines of Nainggolan, Lars Bender (impossible in Jan), Hernanes (almost impossible in Jan, also WC at CM/very good AM), Bradley, Rakitic, Obiang. I want to say Schneiderlin as well but I don't think he'll improve the first team at all. Matic from Benfica is my personal favorite, but he'll be super expensive.

If we're thinking a bit more attack minded yet still a CM, Pjanic and Kovacic but both will be pretty tough to get. Also Perisic comes to mind, exact duplicate to Mkh I think.

There are obviously more that I just can't think of right now.
What we really want in central midfield what I think we are missing are the creative goalscoring midfielder hence why

I mentioned Paulo Henrique Ganso,Alan Dzagoev,Clément Grenier,

As for the more defensive players in Bender highly unlikely that will sign him

Not sure on Nainggolan

As for Hernanes Munich are looking at him so it looks like champions league clubs sniffing

Schneiderlin is good shout for defensive midfield

I really liked Rakitic as he had bags of potential I don't know if he still the same level and we could have cost him next to nothing couple of years ago

Don't know much  about Bradley,Obiang,Matic

There is some really good midfielders as you've highlighted and I've highlighted is just finding the right player to fit what we need
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:05 pm

I think a CAM is also what will solve the problem of CM, probably not completely but I believe a good CAM will get into those small pockets, receive the pass from Gerrard and help Gerrard and Lucas to share the pressure.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Art Morte wrote:Yet most of them came from financially weak clubs or were out of favour at their clubs. Gimme some names of CMs you think we could get in January?
Schneiderlin, M'Vila, Gonalons, Fernando Reges, Yacob, Neustader.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next