FUT 14

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: FUT 14

Post by Onyx on Sat May 31, 2014 11:46 pm

Lot of people saying on the EA forums that the gameplay is totally messed up, terrible and OP on this game mode. Agreed really. There's a lot of problems gameplay wise and it just feels too arcadey.

Onyx
BROKEN
BROKEN

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch on Sat May 31, 2014 11:48 pm

Arcadey sells.
UT has the effin shittiest gameplay but that's what people will blow cash on packs for pace players.

FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sat May 31, 2014 11:58 pm

Yeah sadly that's what makes money

My problems with FIFA in general are well documented. The absolute worst game breakers are:

OP heading: awful defensive AI doesn't lock on a lot of the time no matter how well you position them, sometimes they do lock on and don't bother to jump. Leads to crossing/headed goals being 10x more common in FIFA than in real life

OTT through balls: People used to think it was due to pace, pace got nerfed quite a bit yet the problem remains. Defenders, once again don't lock on properly and mark players. Even if you're 2 steps ahead and you drag the defender back yourself, it still messes up.

A lot of the time even when you tackle the opponent the fact that even tiny attackers have world class standing tackle abilities they can win the ball straight back

Goalkeepers: Sometimes far too good, they deal with finesse shots perfectly. Funnily enough though, they suck balls at crosses and headers. They make the most retarded attempted saves from weak headers and let crosses 6 foot in the air go past them in their own 6 yard box whereas IRL any shit goalkeeper can deal with crosses like that. If they don't, they generally never make it in football.

Pinpoint long balls. Any player in the game can make regular Pirlo esque long balls and through balls. Thus build up speed is twice as fast as it should be and playmakers are rendered pointless. They need to make long balls harder to do and Johnny Doe from Essex who's overall 67 should simply not be able to hit a 50 yard volleyed through ball. Ever.

I dream of the day that controlling the game and midfields actually matter on FIFA. It's far too easy to counter attack due to awful defensive AI and all 11 of your team mates having the capability to put world class through balls/long balls in. Plus those 30 yard headed passes that lead to counters are way too frequent.

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:34 am

Didn't realise the single player WC mode was linked to online. Gonna use that to try and get some packs.

BROKEN

Club Supported : Private

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:05 am

That's my main complaint with the WC mode

It barely rewards you. You get 1 player per game. Imo you should get 1 player per group stage game then progressively more depending on how well you get on.

1 player sounds sort of OK but take into account any duplicates you get are worthless.

And trying to build a specific team is nigh on impossible as you have to pray that you're lucky enough to get the right players from a 1 player pack.

So, odds on setting up an actual national team line up are probably thousands to one. Even spending MONEY on packs you would need a shit tonne of luck, as you have a 1/couple hundred chance of getting the right player. Then factor in there's nothing stopping you get a duplicate so you could end up with a shit backline but 4 Ronaldo's Laughing

Luke Harper wrote:We are the ones... the ones that you've been told about. And WE... are walking upright.

Studying about those good ol' days and who shall wear, the starry crown gooood lawd. Show me the waaaaay.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

:bow: :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:01 pm

someone give me a quick breakdown of this WC UT mode? thinking of getting a copy of FIFA again for it not gonna spend any money on players but it sounds like you get free players for playing matches?
Firenze
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:03 pm

You start off with a squad, which may or may not have a really good player in it

You get a 'pack' with 1 guaranteed player in it after every game in the tournament. Plus money from reaching various stages. I got a good bit of cash and some proper packs for winning the World Cup

You can only get players from packs. No trading or anything. So you can't get your ideal squad unless you're lucky or spending loads on packs

Proper WC packs cost 5K, and you get a free 5k gold pack with them for normal UT

Gameplay is different. It's pretty difficult to get used to.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:06 pm

you can play online against others though yeah? with your WC team? it's not just offline? gonna get into it for the WC

Firenze
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:07 pm

Yeh it's online. Gameplay is unrealistic though, don't think it's worth getting FIFA again just for it.

BROKEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Yeah it's completely seperate from UT

It takes place in a WC format, there's an online and offline tournament

First 3 games are group stages, you actually compete against 3 random people to qualify. Then it goes from R16 to the final itsself

Obviously there's extra time and pens in K.O rounds. But group stages is just a 90 minute game.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:09 pm

MT is mad, I find it difficult to attack and all that but it's fun and it makes a change.

Sadly i've come across 2 *bleep* Messis already

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:31 pm

Messi Proud raping Tom since yesterday

World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:34 pm

He's only scored 1 goal against me in 2 games, but his presence makes me feel uneasy especially when i'm resting silva and he's going up against Neto and Schafer or some shit.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:36 pm

After I've won the WC on single player and got some packs, which will hopefully give me some decent defenders, I'm going to play anti-football against all those players who have bought packs and have 80+ teams. hmm

BROKEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:38 pm

starting single player WC right now

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Got Lovren for defense, not bad.

Also got Isco, Rakitic, Lukaku, Enzo Perez and Quintero in terms of decent players. Would swap them for an elite defender though

Just realised I have Yepes. Gonna try out that 30 pace. hmm

BROKEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:26 pm

Van buyten is all pace imo
Freeza
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:33 pm

4-1-2-1(2) seems like a decent and versatile formation. Even though the midfielders are CM's, the RCM and LCM provide width and also play as CM's. Fullbacks always attack providing width and the CDM usually stays back.

BROKEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Actually won the world cup with standard 4-4-2 cause I figured there was no point in mixing it up when half my team was in the wrong position anyway

It's actually a good system if you use 1 touch football and short diagonal link ups.

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:54 pm

They really did speed the shot power up by like by a 100 on this game mode.

BROKEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:55 pm

Lmfao I scored a bullet long shot with my overall 70 greek LB

Unbeaten 2011/2012.

Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:03 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:They really did speed the shot power up by like by a 100 on this game mode.

Last time I played the WC UT mode, I came up against a guy who had Kagawa.

Kagawa was literally scoring every long shot, gave me flashbacks of his Fifa 12 TOTS card. Laughing
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick on Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:14 am

So I haven't been playing FUT for very long (few weeks)

Currently, my team is:

Marchetti
Abate Barzagli Chiellini Asamoah
Montolivo Marchisio
Candreva Kaka El Shaarawy
Neymar

I am aiming for a TOTS Candreva, Chiellini, IF Kaka or Hernanes and maybe a new LW.

Any suggestions on how to get a reasonable amount of coins? 100k or so? Or do I just have to get lucky in a pack?

Also, who is the best Serie A CF, Tevez? I want a pacy one who can finish.

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx on Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:19 am

For Serie A apparently Ibarbo's good and overpowered.

BROKEN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi on Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:16 am

now its all about Ut word cup, EA keep giving me skin heads and im hating it
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick on Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:54 am

Yohan Modric wrote:For Serie A apparently Ibarbo's good and overpowered.

Shall try him.

#Carefree #kaspbffl
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum