McAgger
Juveman17
dmize
The Franchise
izzy
22 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:17 pm

Something like that.

A team? What you looking for? Glory, entertaining style, drama, young, old?

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:23 pm

Young and Entertaining style?

Want to avoid lakers and other glory teams.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:Young and Entertaining style?

Entertaining and Young?
I would say Golden State Warriors are pretty entertaining.
Also love to watch Drummond and Pistons, and also Pelicans have an interesting team atm.
And not a lot here support those teams, GSW has McAgger, and Dmize is a Uconn/Drummond guy.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:30 am

Yeah, Golden State. Really entertaining, high scoring team and most of their key guys are mid to early 20's.

Pistons might be hard to watch, because Smith, Monroe and Drummond really wont look pretty. Drummond is real fun to watch.

Pelicans...strange team. They could be really good or an incredible mix of talent which doesnt know how to play together.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:30 am

RealGunner wrote:2 weeks left right?

I might try and get into NBA this season. Just need to back a team.
Welcome RG. :bow:

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 34247140983024809713027
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:41 am

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, Golden State. Really entertaining, high scoring team and most of their key guys are mid to early 20's.

Pistons might be hard to watch, because Smith, Monroe and Drummond really wont look pretty. Drummond is real fun to watch.

Pelicans...strange team. They could be really good or an incredible mix of talent which doesnt know how to play together.
Yeah pelicans are a really strange team, but if they stay healthy and their players reach their potentials, they could be really dangerous in 2 years time. That's a lot of 'ifs' though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:45 am

Yeah exactly. I like some of their guys individually.

I dont know what happened to Tyreke Evans, but he is a amazing talent. I hear he will be a 6th man off the bench...he's way way better than that, but regardless I hope he finds his game again. Eric Gordan needs to lose weight imo, thats part of his injury problems and obviously Davis is a phenomenal talent and Holiday is a nice piece also.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:44 am

RealGunner wrote:Young and Entertaining style?

Doesn't get better than Golden State. They're basically Southampton but with more talent. They're really coming up fast and are arguable the most fun team to watch in the league.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:11 am

Indiana Pacers(best team on this list, but not a glory team at all quite the opposite. Definitely not the most entertainign persay, but they are fun to watch and win with great defense and efficient offense.
Golden State(entertaining team esp. if you like shooting)
Washington Wizards(John Walls emergence combined with a 2nd year Beal will be sick)
Detroit Pistons(Josh Smith, Jennings, Monroe, Drummond. Lot of talent, how will they put it together)
Portland Trailblazers( good young team who fixed a major problem in their offseason.
New Orleans Pelicans( got Tyreke EVans and Holliday, combine that with Anthony Davis)

If there's a season to get into the NBA it's this one. Should be really entertaining.

so many storylines:
- Heat going for threepeat. Featuring even more firepower in Michael "punch myself in the head" Beasley and Oden.
- Young upcoming teams like Cavaliers, Pistons, Pelicans with new talent and draft picks. If Andrew Bynum even sees the floor the Cavs could be dangerous.
- The tank for Wiggins sweepstakes. Boston, Philly should be up there.
- Derrick Rose returning.
- How will Kobe, Westbrook and Rajon Rondo return from knee injuries.
- The New Jersey Celtics, er I mean Nets with KG and Pierce.
- The Clippers actually having a competent coach in Doc Rivers.

... many more I left off

Last edited by dmize on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:23 am; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:20 am

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, Golden State. Really entertaining, high scoring team and most of their key guys are mid to early 20's.

Pistons will definitely struggle at first. It's asking a whole lot to have Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings be "team first" guys :lol:Huge if, but if Jennings can tone down the wild shots and just play somewhat intelligent basketball, it can work. He has more talent around him than he ever did in Milwaukee. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they finished as high as 6th.

New Orleans, odd roster. Obviously I don't think Holiday, Gordon and Evans can play together. You would assume they would realize that and bring Evans off the bench.

Holiday
Gordon
Aminu
Anderson
Davis

Even then Davis is not a center and will be pushed around on the defensive end. The Asik deal would've made sense for both teams.

edit: also I just saw Drummond is shooting 75% from the FT line in preseason. Small sample size, 9-12 but still nice to see.
And averaging 18/9/2 in just 24 mins

Last edited by dmize on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:29 am

RG I'm the only GS fan on the forum. You MUST join me. It doesn't get better entertainment wise :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:31 am

Another approach is find a favorite player, then ride with whatever team they're on.. Might take a while for you to find one though

The NBA is all about its superstars, it is a lot more individualistic than footy

Regardless of what you end up doing, just make sure you 'witness' the GOAT that is LeBron as many times as you can this season :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:01 am

Did dmize just imply that the Pacers are entertaining to watch? rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:31 am

They can be at times though.

George is a highlight reel, if you like old school big men Hibbert is nice and Stephenson is like an accident waiting to happen.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:57 am

Vlade Divac on the best 5 Euro players of all time

Petrovic, Stojakovic, Nowitzki, Sabonis and Gasol.

Agree?

I think take out Stojakovic for Parker

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:They can be at times though.

George is a highlight reel, if you like old school big men Hibbert is nice and Stephenson is like an accident waiting to happen.
In 70% of their games they can't even score to save their lives. Almost all their games are low scoring dog fights. As much as George can have the odd highlight here and there, he also has the tendency to chuck unnecessarily, adding to the already ugly Indiana offense. They're one of the worst top teams to watch, tbh. Except you're someone that loves low scoring, defensive dog fights and rugged basketball.

I can honestly say that of the TOP 10 teams in the league, they're BY FAR No.10 in terms of entertainment value. Laughing

That's of course, except the Nets(being pretty much a new team) can find a way to be more boring than them, which I highly doubt.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:53 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
The Franchise wrote:They can be at times though.

In 70% of their games they can't even score to save their lives. Almost all their games are low scoring dog fights. As much as George can have the odd highlight here and there, he also has the tendency to chuck unnecessarily, adding to the already ugly Indiana offense. They're one of the worst top teams to watch, tbh. Except you're someone that loves low scoring, defensive dog fights and rugged basketball.

I can honestly say that of the TOP 10 teams in the league, they're BY FAR No.10 in terms of entertainment value. Laughing

That's of course, except the Nets(being pretty much a new team) can find a way to be more boring than them, which I highly doubt.
Thats not true, it seems like they dont score well because of the PPG, but thats because they are a slow paced team and therefore they and their opponants will shoot less shots.

I dunno, its subjective, I like watching them play tbh.

Stephenson is fun to watch, he does some crazy stuff. I love Low post play, so I like Hibbert and George is capable of the spectacular.

Who would you say are some teams you like to watch?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:00 pm

Heat, Warriors, Rockets, OKC, Spurs(even though they almost never have special highlights) & Nuggets. I'm sure you can tell I liked fast paced basketball lol.

As far as that kind of basketball, I enjoy the Bulls a lot more than the Pacers, even without Derrick Rose.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 pm

I dont like watching the Bulls, even with Rose. They play very team oriented which I always like, but unlike the Spurs, they dont often see great passing, cutting and ball movement. Functional, but not spectacular.

I also think Deng and Boozer two of the most boring players with boring games. Noah I love though.

But fair enough, the other teams are obviously quite different to the Pacers so I can see why you dont like them, at least compared to the 5 or so you named.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Did dmize just imply that the Pacers are entertaining to watch? rofl
Since it seems you have trouble with reading/comprehension, I'll bring the quote back for ya:

"Indiana Pacers(best team on this list, but not a glory team at all quite the opposite. Definitely not the most entertainign persay, but they are fun to watch and win with great defense and efficient offense."

"...not the most entertaining"

However, those that like actual basketball and the blue collar type gritty teams, and not just superstars dunking 15 times a game, appreciate them.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Fun to watch isn't exactly a world away from "entertaining to watch" mate Laughing

But I see what you like, and that's fine. Its fun for you.

I doubt its going to make a casual fan or a new fan more interested in the NBA though, but who knows? RG might like it.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:31 pm

BB the man posted it twice; how do you still not interpret? Laughing

RG - Warriors are the vibesiest team in the league, but you won't feel it till the play-offs. You should watch around this year, I think that's what most people do. in the regular season Very few people have the time or energy to watch the 82 games their team plays in the regular season.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:35 pm

Agree with that, no way I watch all 82 games of the reg season for any team. Thats just long.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Same, I try to watch all of the big matchups and some of the Warriors games but I do catch most of the 4th quarters for Warriors during the season, especially if I check the score and it's really close.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:37 pm

I guess I would say I watch two games a night and about 3-4 times a week. Some weeks maybe just 2 games, other weeks 5. Honestly, I just pick the most interesting game which is on at the time or someone I have not watched in a while/are playing especially well at the time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next