El Jefe
Helmer
Nishankly
21 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Steven Gerrard - Page 3 Empty Re: Steven Gerrard

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:37 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I would really try Gerrard a a striker in this crisis situation or play him alongside some other striker by playing diamond.

Wat? Very Happy
I'm failing to spot your sarcasm, surely hmm

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:13 am

was it such a bad idea hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:20 am

Frigging ridiculous, man xD

I like creativity, all right, but you went total retard there, mate. This isn't 2006.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:32 am

that just proves that there is not a perfect solution for Stivie at our club right now :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:34 pm

Let's merge all these Gerrard Threads with this one:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t7625-gerrard-those-who-think-i-am-finished-are-in-for-a-big-surprise?highlight=gerrard

http://www.goallegacy.net/t11291-gerrard-out-for-2-months?highlight=gerrard

http://www.goallegacy.net/t12198-how-will-gerrard-be-looked-at-in-10-years?highlight=gerrard

http://www.goallegacy.net/t15295-gerrard-signs-a-new-contract?highlight=gerrard

http://www.goallegacy.net/t32186-gerrard-25-30-games-per-season-or-full-matches-every-season?highlight=gerrard

http://www.goallegacy.net/t32886-gerrard-lucas-partnership?highlight=gerrard

http://www.goallegacy.net/t29860-gerrard-testimonial?highlight=gerrard

http://www.goallegacy.net/t32058-liverpool-v-olympiakos-gerrard-testimonial?highlight=gerrard

http://www.goallegacy.net/t691-would-you-sell-gerrard-for-10-15m?highlight=gerrard

http://www.goallegacy.net/t37080-we-should-not-extend-gerrard?highlight=gerrard
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:05 pm

iftikhar wrote:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t691-would-you-sell-gerrard-for-10-15m?highlight=gerrard

Let's keep this one out for Art's sake, eh? silent
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:36 pm

If you are all in favour of that, I can do that.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:37 am

Kick wrote:If you are all in favour of that, I can do that.
and these two as well:

http://www.goallegacy.net/t37080-we-should-not-extend-gerrard

http://www.goallegacy.net/t24849-captain-fantastic-name-is-bond-james-bond

Also, I don't think all these (along with future posts) couldn't be accommodated in a single thread. So please make two threads (Steven Gerrard-I & Steven Gerrard-II) if necessary.

Thanks in advance.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:40 am

/t37080-we-should-not-extend-gerrard

/t691-would-you-sell-gerrard-for-10-15m?highlight=gerrard

I would say, please keep only these two threads separate !!! I dont want to spoil the main thread with BS crap of letting him go

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:06 am

I don't know about this merging, there are so many threads with different angles to them that I'm not sure does it make sense to have it all in one or two threads hmm

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:29 am

Art Morte wrote:I don't know about this merging, there are so many threads with different angles to them that I'm not sure does it make sense to have it all in one or two threads hmm

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:31 am

Yeah just leave them as is

The Captain Fantastic -James Bond thread has been Stevie's Player thread since 2011 or 2012 or something like that. So if someone can sticky that thread until the end of the season. We're gonna be posting a lot in the next 5 months in that thread.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:47 am

I can merge some into the Captain Fantastic thread, if you tell me which ones.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:58 pm

Steven Gerrard - Page 3 SXf45KY

Steven Gerrard - Page 3 DRFpyZD Sad Sad Sad

Steven Gerrard - Page 3 O6ylLcG

Daniel AggerVerified account
‏@DanielAgger
Everyone knows how good a player he is, but what I admire the most is the person behind. A true leader! Y.N.W.A

leivalucas
11 hours ago
His talent is evident on a weekly basis but I have had the absolute privilege of working with him day in, day out, for almost 8 years.
An incredible human; a real leader and a great man, who has always maintained his immaculate work ethic. Steven, I am sure that your next challenge will be successful, as you are one of the biggest and best ever.

Suarez said something too but I can't read/translate Spanish. Sad

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:00 pm

Agger and Gerrard double scoop to WSW, dream come true.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:24 pm

I assume you've all seen Gerrard's exclusive 13 min interview.

I'm broken. Absolutely broken. The sadness in his eyes absolutely killed me.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:49 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:I assume you've all seen Gerrard's exclusive 13 min interview.

Have you read Carraghers article? Sad

Steven Gerrard was allowed to drift away by Liverpool... he needed to feel wanted. How can they possibly allow captain to leave?
How has this been allowed to happen? The long goodbye has started for Steven Gerrard but I’m struggling to work out how it has come to this. I never thought he would leave Liverpool. I always envisaged that, like me, he would finish his career as a one club man. He has devoted his life to Liverpool since he first walked into the Academy as an eight-year-old, making huge sacrifices on the way.
Less than six months ago, Steven stopped playing for England so he could give his all to Liverpool for the next ‘two or three’ years. Then came the uncertainty over contract talks and on these pages six weeks ago, I said Liverpool couldn’t let him drift away. Now here we are. The drift has started. Do not underestimate the importance of feeling wanted, even for a top player. The fact that this situation has dragged on will not have helped; even at the peak of his powers, Steven needed reassurance about his ability and importance. One story comes to mind. In the summer of 2011, when Kenny Dalglish had signed Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam, and Lucas Leiva was playing well, Steven asked Kenny, ‘Where am I going to play then?’ He said it as a joke but there was a hint of seriousness to it, too. From one point of view, I can see why Steven is going to take a fresh challenge, most likely in America. He’s been the biggest star in Liverpool for 15 years and I’m not just talking about at the football club. Liverpool is a city but it’s more like a village. Everyone seems to know one another and being the main man, like Steven, comes with incredible scrutiny. If he ever went to a bar or restaurant, he would bring it to a standstill. For that reason, he stopped going into town long ago. He always seems to be the talk of the town, whether that is for something he has done on the pitch or something else. The passion for the club on a daily basis can be suffocating for a local lad. It is relentless.
When Michael Owen played for Liverpool, he lived out by Chester. He’d regularly come into training and ask how we put up with the daily bombardment of questions about the club. We found a way of coping because we knew what the city was like. That passion made sharing success with our people all the more special. Steven would have won many more trophies had he moved to Chelsea or somewhere else but none would have tasted the same as the cups we won together. There is a flip side to that. When results are not going to plan, as happened far too often during Steven’s 17 years, you carry a sense of guilt and responsibility. Wherever he goes, he will never have that burden or emotional attachment. Maybe this gives you an idea of how hard it is for a local lad to leave Liverpool. Take Michael and Steve McManaman, both wonderful players who came through the ranks. They left to test themselves in Spain when they were in their prime and, as a result, are no longer loved. Xabi Alonso and Luis Suarez, by contrast, will forever be adored, even though they left at similar points in their careers. Fans understand that foreign players will come in, do their thing, then leave but they have never been able to accept one of their own moving. If Steven had gone to Chelsea 10 years ago, he would probably have encountered the same problems as Owen and McManaman. Now that he is effectively a squad player, who has run himself into the ground, the reaction to his imminent departure is completely different. I’m not sure the Manchester lads who came through under Sir Alex Ferguson at United, or local boys playing for London clubs, would be able to associate with that. United’s Class of 92, for example, were never considered the standout stars and they were always playing for winning teams. Steven, however, has always been the one expected to rescue Liverpool, to provide inspiration in times of need. He is 34 now but the demands on him have never changed. For that reason, I think the move will be fantastic for him and his family.
In terms of getting more playing time, I can also see why he is leaving. I have spoken to him on many occasions about the transition from being one of the first names on the teamsheet to having your appearances managed. It is difficult and that, in all honesty, was the main reason I retired. He is now missing one game in three and, in all likelihood, next season that would have risen to one in two. Steven is not someone who would be comfortable just sitting on the bench and, in that sense, he has made the right decision. Still, I cannot help feeling Liverpool’s hierarchy should have done more to ensure he remained at Anfield. Surely they could have come up with an arrangement that would have benefited all parties in the short and long term? People have been talking about Steven as being a future Liverpool manager, but it is without substance. I would never advocate a high-profile player being given such a role on the basis of reputation, whether it is him, Thierry Henry at Arsenal or anyone else.
But over the next 12 months Steven could have been given a role on the staff to combine with his playing duties. It would have been like work experience, with him shadowing Brendan Rodgers, looking at how the academy is run — all the different aspects of the club. At the end of the year, it might have been that Steven wasn’t at the right level to be a coach or he could have decided that coaching wasn’t for him. But I look at what is happening with Ryan Giggs at Manchester United now and I am dismayed that Liverpool are letting that experience leave. Yes, it has been said he can come back, but nothing is certain. Those same discussions were held before I left but time moves on, things change. For now, Liverpool fans need to savour the next five months, as it will not become apparent what he has given until he has gone.
Was he the best midfielder in Premier League history? You don’t need to hear another glowing tribute from me, so let’s hand you over to his fellow professionals. He was selected for the PFA team of the year on eight occasions — a record. Giggs, Patrick Vieira and Henry were chosen by their peers six times; Roy Keane and Frank Lampard were included five times, Paul Scholes twice. And where does he stand with Liverpool? Kenny Dalglish, as an individual, is No 1 for what he did as a player, manager and ambassador but I regard Steven as the best player, not just for his ability but for the sacrifices he made. You have to remember also that Steven stayed loyal to Liverpool for five years while they were out of the Champions League, even when he was being courted by potential winners of that tournament such as Real Madrid. No other player with his talent would have done that. Will there ever be another world-class player who devotes his entire career to Liverpool? No.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2894781/Steven-Gerrard-allowed-drift-away-Liverpool-needed-feel-wanted-possibly-allow-captain-leave.html

Sad Sad Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:19 pm

Won't even get into a long paragraph until I can actually recover from this departure of our hero. Such incidents no matter how big in football should not affect me emotionally yet whatever Stevie is now or compared to before I have yet to get over of the prospect of him leaving especially given his departure will have every game a reminder that he will not be with us. I have not followed the news yet I truly hope he reconsiders or maybe cushions the blow by choosing Milan yet one of my all time players leaving empty handed in such fashion is heartbreaking.

Chose to write here as I couldn't care less of the non Liverpool fans opinions on this as I cannot express this irrational sadness of having our Captain. Have not faced this since Maldini retired.

Does anyone share my sentiments?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:16 pm

I think were all with your Arq, it's the most disappointing thing seeing Gerrard leave without the silverware he deserves, it just gives fuel to the tards to undermine his legacy. But for this as fans we'll be forever grateful a man courted by many top clubs decided to stay with us through thick and thin, years of no CL, no crying about it, giving 100%, a part of every liverpool fan will die after the his last game with us, but knowing the legacy his left we'll be crying with a smile.

I just hope at this point were above trying to find the new Gerrard, there will never be one, nor should there, each player needs to come in trying to create there own legacy.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:11 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:I assume you've all seen Gerrard's exclusive 13 min interview.

Can I get it in YouTube!!! Do you have any link!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:16 pm

I think Carragher is pretty spot on in his article - and probably has the benefit of being able to dress inside information into words that neither Gerrard or LFC could publicly say.

Do not underestimate the importance of feeling wanted, even for a top player.

Partly to do with game time, but I certainly believe it's partly about the contract we offered, too. My belief is that FSG wanted Gerrard on a much lower salary if he was going to stay.

He always seems to be the talk of the town, whether that is for something he has done on the pitch or something else. The passion for the club on a daily basis can be suffocating for a local lad.

If he wasn't feeling that wanted and on the other hand didn't think he could be Liverpool's saviour any longer, I can understand that he preferred an easier challenge for his final years.

But in the end this is how I mostly feel about this:

Still, I cannot help feeling Liverpool’s hierarchy should have done more to ensure he remained at Anfield. Surely they could have come up with an arrangement that would have benefited all parties in the short and long term?

I have no doubt whatsoever that we could have kept him if we really wanted - and not by telling him he's still a guaranteed starter. I don't think FSG showed enough financial gratitude for Steven's services and I don't think Rodgers managed to sell the idea of Steven staying to him. He's used Gerrard from DM to CM to CAM this season and actions speak louder than words; Rodgers actions have spoken "I don't really know where I should play you".

Now, I'm hugely disappointed that Stevie's Liverpool career is coming to an end, but technical & tactical ability wise, I don't think we're losing an irreplaceable player. After all, Steven is well past his prime. However, I'm looking at our squad in this point in time and I see a worrying, very worrying lack of a) leaders, b) winners, c) big names, charismatic players who can help attract other quality players. Those three reasons are why I think we should have done more, done enough, to keep Steven for one more season.

Henderson can grow to be an excellent captain, but at 24 (25 next season), I feel a bit sorry for the lad for facing the prospect of having to fill captaincy boots vacated by Steven Gerrard - not only in front of his teammates and manager, but also in front of the Liverpool fans.

I think Skrtel and maybe Rickie Lambert and Sturridge at a push have leadership qualities, but there's still going to be a massive void in leadership in our squad (although we'll see what signings we make before next season).

Lack of winners. People who know what it really takes to win and be mentally ready to face determined opposition. After Gerrard, our most successful players in terms of honours are Kolo Toure, Glen Johnson and Balotelli. The first two are out of contract, too, this summer, unless things change.

And, finally, lack of household names in the squad who help attract other players. Suarez said it was ultimately Gerrard who talked him out of demanding a move to Arsenal. And Gerrard has had a habit of making some of our best players feel welcome and befriended them. Alonso, Suarez, Torres.

We are losing a huge chunk of versatile leadership and when I'm looking at the players in the squad, I'm just hoping we're ready for it. Obviously it's impossible to say what, if indeed any, effect it will have on our results from games and direction as a club, but I would have felt more comfortable going into next season with Gerrard still at the club, even if his role would have been diminished and performances on the pitch average. And I think we could have done more to keep him.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:41 pm

iftikhar wrote:

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
iftikhar wrote:

Thanks Fahim Sad

3:20 He said something like this "Brendon came when I was 33 years old. It's a shame this relation didn't start 10 years earlier."
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:38 pm

If he saw we did good in the summer/kept the services of key players and actually progressed in the summer instead of regressed he would of stayed imo.

We're back to "rebuilding". Gerrard knows he hasn't much time left on his side to be honest. Don't think he's bothered to go through the whole "give me time, we're rebuilding" thing. Like there is no way in hell he'd leave the club if we were challenging or even attempted to look like challenging.

As much as it pains me to say it, Gerrard did the right thing to "leave".
Like Art said, the squad without him looks quite average. There's no winners. There's no leadership within it. There's no real experience. We're still pretty much relying on him, he's 34 years old. So it's probably in everyone's best interest that he's announced it now and not in the summer. His given everyone at the club maximum time to get their shit together. He's always made the club the number one priority, so if he genuine thought it's best for him to step away and announce it right now, it probably is. After all, he did the same thing for England after the world cup.

And to be honest, him leaving sort of benefits our future (albeit because of managements delusion rather than on his quality). It's pretty much the only way Liverpool will learn to progress. We'd probably still rely on him 2 years from now if he played on...

I would of liked him to probably stay for one more season just to tutor Henderson on how to captain the club properly but what do you do. Sami helped Gerrard settle as captain in his first 2 years of captaincy and I think it benefited Stevie a lot. But I guess he can fast track him in the 6 months now. Sad

iftikhar wrote:
3:20 He said something like this "Brendon came when I was 33 years old. It's a shame this relation didn't start 10 years earlier."

To be honest, I think he meant the bigger picture. For the first time in his career we actually have owners that are prepared to back the manager. Go back to when he was 24 and he didn't have that at all.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:28 am

He didn't mean the bigger picture. Look at this entirely:

I had an idea it was going to come at some time - I'm a human, not a robot. I'm not 24. I wish I was 24, I wish I'd met Brendan when I was 24 because I think I'd be sitting here talking about a lot of titles that we'd won together. The reality is, Brendan came into this club when I was 32 years of age and it's a shame that relationship didn't start 10 years ago. I had an idea the conversation was going to come at some time, but it was a painful conversation to have and that was the key moment - along with other things over the last six to 12 months, but that was the conversation. That was the key one.

It also goes to show how he felt and why he is leaving. Many people blaming Brendan for it, but it's very clear that it's just a matter of Gerrard not being ready to accept a bench role at this point in his life:

Yes. There was more than one moment that has made me come to this decision, but I think the key conversation or moment was with the manager when he sat me down not so long ago and said it was time to manage my games for me and for the team. I'm bright enough to realise it is the right thing for everyone, but when you've been a starter and a mainstay in the team for such a long time, it was a very difficult conversation to have with the manager. I accept it and I'll continue to give everything I've got, whether I'm starting, coming off the bench or whatever, but that was the key conversation that swung me to deciding to come away for a short while.

God I hate watching this video. The sadness. Sad
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:41 pm

No, it's very clear there's not much of a future for Liverpool in the next 2 years, so it's probably in the players and clubs interest everyone moves on.

He's literally talked highly of every manager he's played for, do you really think he's going to say anything bad about the manager? Do you know how much pressure he'd put on the manager if he was to do that?

Benitez was probably the best manager he's ever had, in terms of silverware, in terms of developing, in terms of growing as a person too. Management above him was average though, and then it just went to horrible under G+H. So yeah, quite confident he's talking about the bigger picture.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next