We need to get rid of these trio to remove some major weaknesses!

+17
Zealous
Kamikaze692
Freeza
StrugaRock
LeVersacci
Forza
VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
guest7
terrance511
Lupi
BarrileteCosmico
LeBéninois
FalcaoPunch
LeSwagg James
Onyx
SuperMAG
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

We need to get rid of these trio to remove some major weaknesses! - Page 2 Empty Re: We need to get rid of these trio to remove some major weaknesses!

Post by Kamikaze692 Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:29 pm

My preferred formation would be: 4-3-3

Arbeloa/Dani - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo
Di Maria - Xabi - Modric
Bale - Benz - CR7

I've seen of Angel with Argentina to know that he could be a great fit in there. It would even play well Carlo's approach towards a zonal system all around the pitch. Angel dosent shy away from tracking back and in turn could shore up things on Bales wings, and even provide options on the overlap, if Bale should pop inside.

Make it happen Carletto Thumbs up 

Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

We need to get rid of these trio to remove some major weaknesses! - Page 2 Empty Re: We need to get rid of these trio to remove some major weaknesses!

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:44 pm

I'm using a similar line up in FIFA14 currently, except I have Bale and Di Maria switched Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:23 am

I really don't see us using a Illarra - Modric - Isco mid because that would fail unless it's against a low table la liga team and even then we'd probably concede like 3 or 4 goals.

Now that's if Alonso is also out as well. Isco may be tried again at CM, but I'm pretty sure we all want to see Casemiro... Unless Carlo want to put Ramos there again
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:09 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Should be a blessing in disguise. Isco can now possibly get his spot back.

Casemiro wouldn't suit the B2B role. He's a pure DM. Ideally Casemiro would take Alonso's spot and Isco Khedira's spot. Casemiro, Modric and Isco midfield.

However I doubt Alonso's going to be benched. Di Maria, Modric, Alonso midfield?
1) I hope you tear your ACL one day maybe you'll understand what being a footballer is like. Khedira is a hard worker and wears the shirt with respect so you being happy he tore his ACL makes me sick.

2) Casemiro is not a pure DM. He played as a box to box with Sao Paulo (He replaced Hernanes when he went to Lazio). Also played as a box to box for Brazil's u-20 that won the Copa america for that age group.

3) Any formation with Di Maria in midfield would be terrible.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Khedira tore both his ACL and MCL, which is really tragic tbh. 6 months won't happen... i think it'll take a year.

As far as the topic... i agree with every Z said. But i do think Casemiro has the profile to make a good DM. Maybe we'll find out if he can, maybe we won't lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:53 pm

Sad to see the Tank injured. He will be missed, but I hope somebody like Casemiro can pitch in. This is where I don't like Ancelloti - not utilizing squad well. Given the size of squad and quality he should give some play time for players like Casemiro to cover such situations. Casemiro was having fitness issues, but I hope he is fine now and gets to play & play well as he did in pre-season.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Watch Ramos get moved to the midfield Laughing :facepalm:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Zealous wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Should be a blessing in disguise. Isco can now possibly get his spot back.

Casemiro wouldn't suit the B2B role. He's a pure DM. Ideally Casemiro would take Alonso's spot and Isco Khedira's spot. Casemiro, Modric and Isco midfield.

However I doubt Alonso's going to be benched. Di Maria, Modric, Alonso midfield?
1) I hope you tear your ACL one day maybe you'll understand what being a footballer is like. Khedira is a hard worker and wears the shirt with respect so you being happy he tore his ACL makes me sick.

2) Casemiro is not a pure DM. He played as a box to box with Sao Paulo (He replaced Hernanes when he went to Lazio). Also played as a box to box for Brazil's u-20 that won the Copa america for that age group.

3) Any formation with Di Maria in midfield would be terrible.
Not happy with that happening to Khedira. It's just long term I think Khedira not playing might benefit the team. Mourinho and Ancelotti have had Khedira as a starting player due to him providing the balance. However that's the only thing he does. Attacking wise he isn't the best and defensively he isn't an expert either.

Having someone who offers something attacking wise, like Isco/Di Maria, would be more beneficial in Ancelotti's system. Maybe not Di Maria, since he's better at RW. Then that balance lost with Khedira can be replaced by Casemiro, who would protect the back 4. In terms of Casemiro, pre season he looked impressive at DM. However when he attacked, his vision and ball control wasn't the best.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:21 pm

My uncle who played rugby, played professionally even representing my country at international level, tore his ACL and I assure you, nothing about it is a blessing in disguise. Apart from the physical recovery which takes longer than the 6 months being mentioned, it affects you mentally big time.

Even on a fan level, we just lost a key member in our squad for the rest of the season. Once again, nothing about that is a blessing in disguise.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:32 pm

mt is looking at it from a way too distant perspective, as if khedira isnt even a person.

and to some level i understand that. i think a lot of people are likely thinking in the same vein, but dont want to admit it.

it really sucks, and i feel for khedira. but i do think it will be interesting to see how carlo reacts to this. khedira has been very much a mainstay in the starting XI and we dont have any players in a similar mold- casemiro maybe but he hasnt played a lick since preseason.

its going to take a tactical overhaul or a waiting out until winter to buy a b2b.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:37 pm

Carlo said that we won't buy a replacement.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:42 pm

a couple of losses or draws will change that like a light being turned on.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:52 pm

Doubt we would buy a replacement in January. Khedira isn't Ronaldo or a vital player that the team wouldn't function without.

Anyway what I meant was Khedira getting injured is bad and hopefully he recovers well, but him losing his starting spot isn't such a bad thing long term.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:00 pm

we have 3 very similar CMs that everyone is assuming can play together even though they havent played a single minute together yet.

we have little to no tactical variability without khedira and i think it will definitely hurt us if we dont sign anyone in winter. maybe not in the short run with the group stages pretty much summed up but down the road in la liga, cdr, and especially CL it could and likely will hurt us with only 3 cms + casemiro (who hasnt even played)

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:29 pm

According to Correio da Manha, Real Madrid could bid for Matic in January. He has a release clause of €50m.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:51 pm

50 *bleep* mil ?? I bet he's a Pedro mendes guy.....

I still think we could work with Di Maria in a 3 man midfield. Agreed that his headless chicken approach could ruin the balance, but thats why we have Xabi dont we eco smile

Di Maria constantly plays like that with some distinction for argentina.
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:04 pm

Once again Arbeloa proved that he is a reliable squad player.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Wonder what Supermag thought of bruma and how he couldn't trouble Arbeloa all game Laughing or Arbeloa's goal with a lovely assist from Dimaria.....dem cancers

Carvajal should still be first choice though because he is just better than Arbeloa but Arbeloa can cover for so many positions we could safely sell cacktrao in january
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:01 pm

arbeloa has 1 decent game and now he's not a problem? the 99 other games he's played beg to differ.

im fine with arbeloa, but the fact that he has been starter for the past 2 seasons and is still getting lots of playing time this year is a mystery to me.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:13 pm

just because arbeloa played a good game in attack doesnt mean we forget the other 50 bad games he played for us. Even yesterday he was slow and let many players get past them and was badly positioned.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:20 pm

Arbeloa showed he can be relied upon as a squad player. his decline doesn't warrant him being shipped out completely just put him on the bench and play him when guys need rest or are injured etc

I agree I don't agree with Carlos insistence in playing him. Soon he will have Carvajal as the undisputed first choice with arbeloa as his back up
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:28 pm

Arbeloa can play any position at the back. Be it RB, LB and even CB. He's reliable and can play when Carvajal is fatigued.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:35 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:arbeloa has 1 decent game and now he's not a problem?  the 99 other games he's played beg to differ.

im fine with arbeloa, but the fact that he has been starter for the past 2 seasons and is still getting lots of playing time this year is a mystery to me.
Carvajal should be starting but having Arbeloa fill in every now and then is not the worst thing we could do at all.

If anything a well rested and fresh Arbeloa is one of our best defenders. He can't really go for a whole season non stop any more imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:31 am

Agreed but he is played even when marcelo and carvajal are fit.

As for di magia, dispite the goal and assist, he was still headless on many occations, and headlessness is not good.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Arbeloa's played when Carvajal/Marcelo are fit so the fullbacks are balanced. Carvajal and Marcelo both attacking might leave it a bit open at the back.

I think once the defensive system is solid, then both Carvajal/Marcelo should be tried.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum