CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
Ganso
The Franchise
free_cat
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Celta - Barça. Tuesday at 22:00 CET. - Page 2 Empty Re: Celta - Barça. Tuesday at 22:00 CET.

Post by billy_gr Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:38 pm

and just look at him now... he could have just pass to Pedro ffs

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Celta - Barça. Tuesday at 22:00 CET. - Page 2 Empty Re: Celta - Barça. Tuesday at 22:00 CET.

Post by Collblanc Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:49 pm

That keeper is going home with Messi's shirt - what a game he had. Saved about 6 shots from Messi that 99% of the time are goals. Beast game.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:52 pm

billy_gr wrote:on another note the amount of walking Messi does is driving me crazy
You really have no clue about his positioning and off the ball movement. :lol:I am going to explain the same thing I explained in the Clasico topic - Messi is being marked by two people, every game, in every zone. This means he distracts a midfielder and a defender, he is standing still to keep his zone still giving space around the zone for Pedro and Alexis, and for Iniesta/Cesc/Xavi to come in his zone from midfield and exploit the given space. Please, watch the zonal defending around Messi before you talk shit again, you have 0 clue.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:53 pm

billy_gr wrote:and just look at him now... he could have just pass to Pedro ffs
He just wants to score a goal, LOL. What the hell is wrong with you? We're up 3 goals, he can be selfish for the sake of the pichichi.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:56 pm

Fantastic game from Cesc indeed. Helped by the fact we played with a kind of double pivot.

Puyol is still very rusty, he made many dubious clearences. He looked like mascherano.

Liked Pedro's liveliness and bartra our best defender again and Montoya. played well for the first time this season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:59 pm

I like how Puyol, Pique and Valdes have a good understanding with Bartra. They talk to him alot, pads on the shoulder, high fives, he's having some really good mentors there. Also, Alexis :bow: :bow: what a energy he had today, pressing was 10/10 from him
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:04 pm

Collblanc wrote:
billy_gr wrote:on another note the amount of walking Messi does is driving me crazy
You really have no clue about his positioning and off the ball movement. :lol:I am going to explain the same thing I explained in the Clasico topic - Messi is being marked by two people, every game, in every zone. This means he distracts a midfielder and a defender, he is standing still to keep his zone still giving space around the zone for Pedro and Alexis, and for Iniesta/Cesc/Xavi to come in his zone from midfield and exploit the given space. Please, watch the zonal defending around Messi before you talk shit again, you have 0 clue.
I honestly don't think that him walking so much has to do with tactics, maybe some, but not all of it. I just think that he is a pretty lazy player. I mean Deco said that he had to work 3 times as hard on the pitch because Dinho and Messi didn't defend as much, and that was when Messi was still a rookie meaning that he didn't have 2 or 3 defenders on him like he has today. Though Messi ain't a Ronaldinho either, he does do his fair share of defending(last clasico is a proof of that).

Him not defending like Sanchez or Pedro aint really that bad. It just means that he has more energy when he is attacking. Although it does get pretty irritating sometimes.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:06 pm

Why should he be defending? He should wait with the last defender for the ball and score a goal. I really dont get all this fuzz. Standing still = creating space, in the meantime he gets the ball, dribbles and creates a chance or scores. If he wants he can sit down as well, as long as he scores and creates.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Collblanc wrote:Why should he be defending? He should wait with the last defender for the ball and score a goal. I really dont get all this fuzz. Standing still = creating space, in the meantime he gets the ball, dribbles and creates a chance or scores. If he wants he can sit down as well, as long as he scores and creates.
Dude, I told you that I didn't think that him not defending as much as Pedro or Alexis was such a bad thing. I only said that sometimes it does get somewhat irritating.

Last edited by harhar11 on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:10 pm

I dont get any of you complaining. The guy is our topscorer, makes a massive amount of assists, is involved in 95% of our chances, but if he stands still for 5 minutes you guys start complaining. Laughing And if he tries to score in the 84th minute instead of passing to Pedro, we might think about selling him!!!
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Even without goals, amazing game from Messi. Starting to hit all cylinders. Valdes was great and Cesc also good. Not much else to say anyone else. Oh yeah, Song was better than Busq.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Collblanc wrote:I dont get any of you complaining. The guy is our topscorer, makes a massive amount of assists, is involved in 95% of our chances, but if he stands still for 5 minutes you guys start complaining. :lol:And if he tries to score in the 84th minute instead of passing to Pedro, we might think about selling him!!!
I know that you aint refering to me, seeing as I told you that I have no problem with that. I only find it somewhat irritating and I will explain it why.

You know when Alves did that nutmeg on C.Ronaldo? Well, when he robbed the ball and started running towards real madrids penalty area, Messi asked for the ball but Alves just keept on running and didn't pass the ball to Messi, so Messi, not for petulance but because he was tired(I think), just stayed on the middle of the pitch. And because of that, after Alves had nutmegged C.Ronaldo, all he could do was take a shot from a very, very bad angle. What I find annoying with that, is that I am quite certain that if Messi would have kept running, Alves would have squared it to him so that he could score. Ofc, this is all speculation, but that's what I belive.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:22 pm

Harmonica wrote:Even without goals, amazing game from Messi. Starting to hit all cylinders. Valdes was great and Cesc also good. Not much else to say anyone else. Oh yeah, Song was better than Busq.
This I agree with. Messi proved that there was no reason to worry about his play, and that it was all because he came back from injury..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:25 pm

10 shots and no goal, wtf? messi trying to emulate Cristiano Laughing
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:33 pm

I wasnt really excited by the 1st half performance.

More long balls from Valdes for no reason and generally too direct for no reason.

I get it, being more direct can help against park the bus teams etc etc.

However, Celta were not parking, they were high pressing. And instead of passing around their press, we went direct. Sometimes it worked, we got some chances...but we gave them more of the ball and they did create chances.

Didnt like the midfield much, at times Cesc was very high up and Busquets and Song very deep, so the space between them was too big to really pass gradually.

All the front 3 played well though, seemed to enjoy the direct play  at the quicker pace. Didnt have to pass backwards as much.

But overall, got the 3 points and a good enough performance, even if I didnt especially enjoy it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:52 am

Did Messi again start on the right?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:08 am

No, but he did spend moments out there. There was quite a few counter attacks, so the front 3 moved wherever the space was.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:10 am

Ic.

Thanks

What position is Rafinha playing for Celta?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 am

Somewhere in midfield.

I wasnt paying much attention to their formation, but he seemed to be playing like an attacking midfielder.

He did alright to be fair, one of their brighter players aswell as Nolito.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:29 am

rafinha's two shots were almost goals, kinda glad he was one of the only few dangerman from Celta's team.

Tata is really bringing out the best in our worst players from last season, Pique is shining from el Clasico, Cesc is a bit more consistent, Alexis is almost tied with Messi for goals in La Liga :bow:
I hope we can keep this up all year.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:32 am

DuringTheWar wrote:10 shots and no goal, wtf? messi trying to emulate Cristiano Laughing
Its a personal record for him this season. He's average was 4.5 shots per game, now its 5 per game. 5 of the 10 shots were on target and Celta's Gk was on fire (usually these shots are goals), the others shots were mostly blocked by the defenders...

But, he also created 5 chances including 2 resulting with a goal, added 7 dribblers. It was one of his best games this season just unlucky with the finishing!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:39 am

oh god just saw the subs.....is adriano injured?
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:40 am

he left grabbing the back of his leg, he could still walk so maybe it is not so serious but it was bound to happen anyways, I am actually more surprised that he made it this far.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:53 am

Collblanc wrote:
eyeopener post. thank you kid. also don't forget to change your undies.
and please don't act like I am some kind of messi basher here or anything.
go back to your latest saved manager game. lazy performance is lazy
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:17 am

you call what Messi did to Celta lazy?
I really hope you guys don't get too spoiled with a player like Messi.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:27 am

Ok let me explain myself cause obviously there’s too much heat here.
Messi is a genius and he’s been our guardian angel since I don’t know when.
I have NO agenda against him.
What the kid said about him keeping a zone there by staying still is true and of course I can understand it as well as the next guy.
What really bothered me is the fact that when the defenders or the keep had the ball – and unlike Pedro or Sanchez – he did next to nothing to press.
The arguments of “why press” of “why defend since we were winning” are laughable since they judge by result.
Now I understand that Messi had an assist to his name and he might had a second one should Tello decided to put on his scoring boots, but still to me he seemed to only care about scoring from a point on and that’s something unappealing to my football aesthetics.
In any case, justified or not some times we tend to over-judge players we love. That’s all
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next