Results Comparison - Page 4 Empty Re: Results Comparison

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Fahim89 wrote:System blah blah
Players blah blah
System blah blah blah
Players blah blah
System blah blah blah

ON YOUR FACE!!!

Results Comparison - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF4Lp-Q1CNgU5jTObh0szYO1AO0RWPXDMWndpalBnhIlebKMIC76cfjsc
Laughing
:bow: nothing against ynwa but pls dont come with another long post to this...or will ya
Results Comparison - Page 4 Got

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:09 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:System blah blah
Players blah blah
System blah blah blah
Players blah blah
System blah blah blah

ON YOUR FACE!!!

Results Comparison - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTF4Lp-Q1CNgU5jTObh0szYO1AO0RWPXDMWndpalBnhIlebKMIC76cfjsc
Laughing
:bow: nothing against ynwa but pls dont come with another long post to this...or will ya
Results Comparison - Page 4 Got

Do you people even read my posts ffs?

Red Alert wrote:About *bleep* time ffs. We go back to our old system from last season (attack/kept possession/LOOKED for a pass rather than lumping it forward to Suarez) and we put in our best performance of the year. Players are motivated, COMFORTABLE and genuinely just thrive in this system. Spurs had no answers to it, again, they're still adjusting to THEIR new system - we already had that over them. This is what I wanted for the last 6 months here - let's just hope this counter-attacking crap is gone for good and the experimentations stop away from home. We already have the formula.

EDIT: This has nothing to do with Gerrard out. The old system is back baby. IF we continue to play like this, I'm CONFIDENT we'll finish in the top 4. But I do not for one second regret my bursts at Rodgers at the start of the season - we could easily be first right now if we didn't play that 352 counter attacking crap.

I've been calling it all year, this is HOW I wanted to play all season. The first time this season we've had the same back 4 in consecutive games (consistent defence, which was solid) I said time and time again that the midfield duo isn't our problem but it was the fact that we only played with 2. Henderson's gone back there now and helped out. If we get a number 10, and continue to play OUR system, we won't fight for the top 4 - we'll fight for the league.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:27 am

It's no problem, I just figured I'd let you know it wasn't MLS.

Anyway, my point is that just because Suarez is scoring all the goals doesn't mean that we don't have a system that allows others to flourish.  The system emphasizes him because he's the best, but I don't believe it does so at the expense of our other players - and I feel that way because we saw it to be true at the start of the season.  I brought up his suspension under Dalglish because a team without class outside of Suarez will fail without him in the squad - I agree with that, we've already seen it.  But we didn't fail this time.  Surely there must be a reason for that aside from luck/easy fixtures.  In my mind, it's because the team is good enough to survive without him - but while he's there, we should absolutely utilize him.

As for the "agenda" against your posts, I'm not sure I understand your point.  When there have been three separate threads since the start of the year on our midfield being crap; when every person considers every game a "must-win" game because they expect us to drop points all season long; when everyone assumes that Suarez will likely leave next summer; when everyone mentions after commanding wins how annoying it was to lose yet another clean sheet.  EVERYONE is pessimistic.  I have no vendetta against your posts, and I'm shocked to see everyone aside from me disagreeing with you when they bitch about the same stuff you do every time they post.

And my problem isn't with bringing up possible problems in the squad.  I take no issue with that.  My problem is that every single post is about it.  The post-win posts in this section address our defensive issues, and we discuss how Lucas was crap after every 4-1 win.  Posts about the Winter Transfer Market somehow relate to our away form.  Every game is a must-win game because we haven't been good enough for top 4 (when we have, literally, been good enough for top 4), or we won't continue to be in the future.  And every conversation of Suarez dominating relates back to last summer or next summer.  It's depressing - and I really, truly don't put this on you.  It's everyone.  I'm sorry you feel I have a vendetta against you; if it makes you feel any better, I'll be going back to the heavy lurking I've been doing the last few months shortly.

The counter-attacking system suits NOBODY in the team bar Suarez and Sturridge. And again, I've seen enough of Suarez to see that he doesn't need to be the main focal point in the system to thrive, he does well in whatever team he's in. It's one thing exploiting his talents, it's another thing hindering the squad. That was my problem.

Look at the Spurs game, we go back to our old system, the one where the WHOLE TEAM is comfortable in and Suarez is just the “striker” and not the focal point in the team, and we put in the best performance this season. Suarez doesn’t need the system around him to be good, as evident by his 2 goals and 2 assists today, so making a system around the TEAM is what I wanted. That’s how we played last season – not something we were doing before this Spurs game. Again, away from home. That’s what I’ve called for all season. To us to go back to how we played last season.

It’s not you with the agenda against me in this forum, it’s practically EVERYBODY. Everyone disagrees with my posts nowadays, so it’s not just you. Keep in mind, I get more stuff right than I get wrong if you have the time to go through my posts. Lol

I’ve stated time and time again our midfield isn’t as big as a problem as everyone else makes it out to be, the fact that we played “2” men in the midfield was. We went back to 3 and well, we’re doing better. It’s no surprise. Lucas is “regaining form” because we have reverted back to our old style of play. I stated back in the summer we probably need a "Diame" type player as a back-up and I stand by it. I don't think we need to splash the cash on a box to box player and continue to believe that we need a number 10 / attacking midfielder.

Games sort of are must win games though. Look at this Spurs game just last night. If they beat us, they go on the same points as us and we fall behind City and Arsenal. How is that "deserving of CL" if Spurs are in a crisis, and have no system in place? We win, we now go 2nd and look comfortable points wise in front of Spurs and United. That's a good thing, and will have a toll on them at the end of the season. We still need a bigger gap against Everton, as they’re sort of close but they'll fade away post March I think. What we do now is what sets us up at the back of the season. We need to continue trying to win games. Maybe “must wins” isn’t the best way to describe it, but I get the forums intent from wanting to win every game. Again, there's 7 teams fighting for 4 places.  

Our away form wasn’t “good enough” for top 4 especially if you look at the performances over the course of the season. That counter-attacking 352 crap that we played and lost so many points from is what I’m pissed off about. If we play to our strengths, and continue to play as a team, and not make Luis do everything on his own, we’ll deserve it. But we need to play like how we did against Spurs consistently. There’s no use saying “we did well against Spurs we deserve top 4”. We need to continue the system, which again, I have no idea WHY we dropped it in the first place but anyway, and “fix” our away form. Because we have been woeful on the road this season. (Again, as have Chelsea and City but City have finally settled under Pellegrini and it won't be long before Chelsea go out and splash the cash to improve the starting XI even further.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:15 am

Guys who gives a farkkkkkkkkk, difference of opinions, enjoy this win.

I'm imposing a no argument rule for the next 3 days. I have that power.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:26 am

mr-r34 wrote:Guys who gives a farkkkkkkkkk, difference of opinions, enjoy this win.

and you got vote
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:58 am

mr-r34 wrote:Guys who gives a farkkkkkkkkk, difference of opinions, enjoy this win.

I'm down. Pooi, I respect your opinions and I agree you're right more often than not. i also agree that the system today is the one you've been talking up, and it worked out heavily in our favor. Here's hoping we stick with it for as long as it's working and you get proven totally right - I think that's in all of our best interests.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:59 am

stevieg8 wrote:

I'm down.  Pooi, I respect your opinions and I agree you're right more often than not.  i also agree that the system today is the one you've been talking up, and it worked out heavily in our favor.  Here's hoping we stick with it for as long as it's working and you get proven totally right - I think that's in all of our best interests.

NO NO NO!!! THAT WORD IS BANNED FOR A WEEK IF NOT USED POSITIVELY!!!

Results Comparison - Page 4 Funny_baby_picture_angry_baby
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:15 am

oh Fahim...ROFL...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:24 am

To the point of the thread, we're +8 against fixtures from last year and +11 on the gameweek from last year right now if I'm remembering what I read this morning correctly. Thumbs up
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:56 am

http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/2013/12/10/5195146/nebs-28pt-improvement-updated-12-10-2013

Here is an updated week by week comparison btw.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:04 am

Look at that late Dec, entire of Jan and early Feb, Just one win there Shocked
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:38 pm

Results Comparison - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR83uoWclPNofMRBcApSaSmJUDob1AxznUYaNB1Gk6VBRtcG5GjihzIu_rm

Finally comparisons i like!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:04 am

GUYS ITS BACKKKKK AND I THINK IT'S FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  bounce  bounce  bounce 

Rodgers:
"What you see now is a set of principles and footballing ideas that we have been implementing over the course of 18 months here. They are coming to fruition and the players are enjoying playing in it.

"It's an aggressive, attacking style of football, but with hard work as the core value within it. It was pleasing and I think we can get better."

"We have been on a fantastic run, the quality of our football is at a really high level - we're pressing the game very well, our aggression to get the ball back is good. We'll arrive there on Boxing Day in a really good moment. It's a game I'm really looking forward to."

cheers  cheers  cheers 

Red Alert wrote:Results Comparison - Page 4 Lfc-next-ten

Our next 10 games.

We only 9 points from these 10 games last season.* Anything under 20 points and it'll be difficult to get into the 4.

*We obviously didn't vs Cardiff and/or Hull at home last season. But we won all 3 of our games at Anfield from teams that were promoted.

City are slowly turning their away form around, and it won't be long before Chelsea sign a striker in January. Ba, Torres and Eto'o have like 4 goals between them, yet sit on the same points as us. It'll be scary as if they get Falcao.

Spurs, too, are slowly getting their season started and could easily be equal points to us this time next week despite being in a 'crisis' and calls for AVB to get sacked...

It's make or break season time boys. :bow:

6/6 so far.

Keep in mind we we only got 9 points from 30 last season. (From the 10 teams in the table quoted above)

Massive game against City. A draw would be a "positive" result considering their form and them being rivals to the title...

4 wins in a row. :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:00 pm

So after 2008, we are top of the league for the first time. BR :bow:
Liverpool :bow:
yaaaaaaaaaaay drinking

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Next two fixtures for the top 8 teams. wrote:
Liverpool:
City (Away)
Chelsea (Away)

Arsenal:
West Ham (Away)
Newcastle (Away)

City:
Liverpool (Home)
Crystal Palace (Home)

Chelsea:
Swansea (Home)
Liverpool (Home)

Everton:
Sunderland (Home)
Southampton (Home)

Newcastle:
Stoke (Home)
Arsenal (Home)

Tottenham:
West Brom (Home)
Stoke (Home)

Man Utd:
Hull (Away)
Norwich (Away)
 affraid and the story might be this is the way, the hype surrounding Liverpool will end

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:26 pm

The league is so insane this season if we lose the next two games we can be down to 5th possibly worse
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:23 am

And then back up again once the actual comparable matches are played. Settle down, folks.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:31 am

Didn't know where else to put it...

8 - Chelsea have now hit the woodwork eight times in the PL this season; only Liverpool (15) have done so more often. Clunk.

Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:36 am

By the time Steven Gerrard scored, many fans were already in their cars driving home.

The Liverpool captain had netted in the 87th minute at Anfield in a match his team would lose 3-1 to lowly Aston Villa.

It was their 17th match of the season and things were not going well for Brendan Rodgers with his team in 12th place on 22pts. Teams such as Stoke, West Ham and Norwich were all ahead of them.

It was not a night for the new manager to turn on the local radio stations as he drove home.

Liverpool were in a rut and Rodgers was seeing performances flirting between his own ideas and the bad habits the team had picked up under Kenny Dalglish.

The game against Villa was the sixth time in nine attempts that Liverpool had failed to win a Premier League match at Anfield.

Far too often games followed a similar pattern. The Reds would start well, fail to score, get beaten on the counter attack and only sometimes find their way back into the match.

Rodgers knew his team had to score more goals. They had played 18 halves of Premier League football and scored in eight of them (44%). Under Dalglish, the previous season, they had played 38 halves of Premier League football at Anfield and scored in just 18 of them (50%). Only four times, from their 19 home matches, had they scored in both halves in the same game.

After the Villa game, Rodgers highlighted the areas for improvement: “We need to be more crisp, and less careless around the box. We create opportunities but it's that final ball really and if we can become more clinical, get the goals, it's a different game. We'll recover well, we are back here next week and we have to make sure we don't make the same mistakes.”

Liverpool listened to their manager.

The next week they battered Fulham 4-0. In January at home they beat Sunderland 3-0 and Norwich 5-0. In February they welcomed Swansea with a 5-0 hammering and in March defeated Tottenham at home 3-2.

After scoring in just 44% of their halves at Anfield for the first nine games, Liverpool found the net in 12 of their 20 home halves for the last 10 matches, raising it to 60%.

On Saturday they were once again at home for their 17th league match of the season and this time they were on the right end of a 3-1 score, defeating Cardiff City thanks to three first half goals.

Oh, what a difference a year makes.

When they failed to score in the second half it was just their fifth half of home Premier League football this season in which they had failed to find the back of the net, scoring in 13 of 18 home halves, a huge difference to what they were doing this time last season (44% to 72%).

The win took them to 36pts (an improvement of 14 from last season at this stage) and to the top of the table, stark contrast to the midtable mediocrity that led to many angry phone calls that night in Merseyside a year ago.

The win against Cardiff came less than 24 hours after star striker Luis Suarez put pen to a new four-and-a-half year contract.

"I am delighted to have agreed to a new deal with Liverpool and have my future secured for the long term," said Suarez.

"I believe I can achieve the ambitions of winning trophies and playing at the very highest level with Liverpool. My aim is to help get us there as quickly as possible."

While Liverpool fans breathed a sigh of relief, the rest of the world shook their head. This, in their minds, was a deal securing the Reds much more money when Suarez is inevitably sold in the summer. It was one of the least cared about contract extensions in football history. To most, it meant absolutely nothing.

To Liverpool, however, it is a document that keeps one of the world's finest players at their club in his prime years. A document they should frame and put on the walls of the home dressing room to bring motivation to their team. If they can prove they can indeed play ‘at the highest level', as Suarez says, they feel the Uruguayan will stay.

So just how good are Liverpool?

It is a question Suarez may be asking every single week between now and the World Cup. Before the Arsenal-Chelsea game on Monday evening, the Reds are top of the table.

Suarez said he wants to play ‘at the very highest level'. This is the Champions League.

And who can blame him? When next season's Champions League starts, the striker will be close to 28-years-old and if he isn't in the tournament then people will have every right to suggest he does not belong amongst the greatest players in the game.

Liverpool will be fully aware of this. If we believe anything Suarez said last week, perhaps it can be how he spoke about his love for the club, the city and his team-mates. This, along with the huge pay rise, could be enough to keep him from going to another big club next summer, providing Liverpool make the Champions League.

Although they sit at the top of the league, whether or not they can make the top four remains a legitimate question.

To find the answer you need to look closer at this team and find out just how much better they are this season than last. This cannot be done by simply looking at their league positions on the same date because different opponents come at different times.

This season Liverpool have played nine home games. Their eight home wins against Stoke City, Manchester United, Crystal Palace, West Brom, Fulham, Norwich, West Ham and Cardiff, and their loss to Southampton, represent a +7 difference in points against the same opposition as last season (replacing the relegated teams with promoted teams).

This season Liverpool have played eight away games. Their away wins at Aston Villa, Sunderland and Tottenham give a +4 difference from last season, their away draws at Swansea, Newcastle and Everton are a -2 difference from last season against those teams and their away losses at Arsenal and Hull are a -2 difference from last season, giving them the exact same points away from home against similar opponents as last season, through eight away games.

Liverpool's 11 away games to come this season, including trips to Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea, come against opposing teams they got 17 points against on their travels last season. If they continue their trend as a (0+) team on the road those 17 points, added to their 36 points through 17 matches gives them 53.

Last season they finished seventh on 61 points.

That leaves their remaining 10 home games to make the difference. It is important to note that only half of these games come against teams they played after December of last season, when a noticeable change of form was shown. In those 10 games last season Liverpool got 16 points (five points in five games up to December and 11 points in five games from January on). Those 16 points added to the 53 points would leave them on 69 points, borderline for a spot in the top four.

In the last five seasons, when Liverpool have failed to reach the top four, the points total for the team finishing fourth has been between 68 and 73 - 73, 69, 68, 70, 72.

It is the early seventies (at least) that Liverpool need to reach if they want to keep Suarez. Last season Tottenham became the first team in Premier League history to get 72 points and not get into the top four. They lost Gareth Bale.

Liverpool have already shown they are a side considerably better at home (+7 through 8 games) than last season, because of their slow start at home that ended with that loss to Aston Villa.

With five opponents at home still to play, that came in that run, it is a real possibility that they could improve on the 16 points they achieved at home last season against the 10 opponents they are still to face.

It is clear Liverpool are now much more like the team that played games 18-38 last season than the ones who played in the first 17.

Having already gained 24 points from a possible 27 at home, including a +7 ratio on last season, they will look to achieve something similar at home for the second half of the season. If they can get a +7 ratio again this would take them to around 76 points, providing they play similar to the way they played away from home last season.

This is a much more realistic target than those asking if they can win the league. Liverpool have made significant strides since this time last year and if they can stay at that level between now and May the highest level and Suarez may both be in their immediate future.

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/Kristian_Jack/?id=439636

Worth a read. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Red Alert wrote:Didn't know where else to put it...

8 - Chelsea have now hit the woodwork eight times in the PL this season; only Liverpool (15) have done so more often. Clunk.

Sad

Hmm very interesting. For some reason I don't remember us hitting the woodwork so many times because we've been scoring a lot of goals this season.

Off the top of my head:

Coutinho against Cardiff from that tight angle
Suarez against Cardiff when he caught the ball with his hands after it hit the post Laughing
Moses against Palace from point blank range.
Kolo against Stoke with a header.
Henderson against Stoke from Aspas pullback
Sturridge against Palace with his right from Suarez pull back
Coutinho against Spurs with a volley from Suarez lobbed pullback
Sakho against Spurs with a point blank header.
Suarez against Hull or Arsenal with the outside of his foot from a tight angle.
Gerrard with an acrobatic spin kick against Norwich.

Can't remember anymore

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Oh yeah so i thought of a few more

Suarez bicycle kick against WBA that the GK saved off the bar.
Suarez volley vs Newcastle when it was 2-2
Sturridge vs WBA when he smacked it from the right side if the box
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:45 am

Results Comparison - Page 4 BchTjhhCYAAe2Re

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:48 am

Red Alert wrote:

Red Alert wrote:Results Comparison - Page 4 Lfc-next-ten

Our next 10 games.

We only 9 points from these 10 games last season.* Anything under 20 points and it'll be difficult to get into the 4.

*We obviously didn't vs Cardiff and/or Hull at home last season. But we won all 3 of our games at Anfield from teams that were promoted.

City are slowly turning their away form around, and it won't be long before Chelsea sign a striker in January. Ba, Torres and Eto'o have like 4 goals between them, yet sit on the same points as us. It'll be scary as if they get Falcao.

Spurs, too, are slowly getting their season started and could easily be equal points to us this time next week despite being in a 'crisis' and calls for AVB to get sacked...

It's make or break season time boys. :bow:

6/6 so far.

Keep in mind we we only got 9 points from 30 last season. (From the 10 teams in the table quoted above)

Massive game against City. A draw would be a "positive" result considering their form and them being rivals to the title...

4 wins in a row. :bow:

6/9 out of three games. Felt we deserved more against City, but footballs a harsh sport. Moving onto Chelsea. Massive massive game. Heart says we'll win, head says Mourinho's a c*nt and will somehow end up stealing points, especially with the game being at SB.

With Chelsea out of the way, we need to go on a run of winning games - which I think is quite possible. We need to win a minimum of 5 games out of the next 6 after Chelsea (need to beat either Everton or Arsenal at Anfield).
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:20 pm

Everton, Arsenal, City, Spurs, Newcastle and Chelsea all at home in the second part of the season. Getting no points at Arsenal, City and Chelsea hurt us so bad, we need 14 points+ out of that 18.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:55 pm

LFC's next 5 games: Stoke (A), Villa (H), Everton (H), WBA (A), Arsenal (H). Incredibly last season, we got just 1 point from these fixtures
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:22 pm

Nishank wrote:
LFC's next 5 games: Stoke (A), Villa (H), Everton (H), WBA (A), Arsenal (H). Incredibly last season, we got just 1 point from these fixtures

12 points would be great from the next 5, IMO 15 is possible

At worst 10 would be acceptable.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down